• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Desperado Finale' timestamp='1308954585' post='5308231']
As long as there's a future the finacial district will never disappear. In the end it really was a nice wrap up. Maybe they'll make some sort of OVA or something that'll show what happens in the future.
[/quote]

I hope your right dude

IF anyone knows a update about this anime let me know i already wishing for a second season, OVA whatever i just want more episodes DAMMIT!!!!!!

[spoiler='GIANT SPOILER (Discusses the ending)']I'm not super-easy to please, but I was quite irritated by the ending. It was very rushed, for one thing. What could it possibly mean that Q "is" Takako? Aside from the fact that that isn't what an Asset is, Takako is, by definition, not Mikuni's future.For another thing, they shoe-horned in "[url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrystalDragonJesus"]the man upstairs[/url]" at the last instant and decided that the Financial District actually exists to guide the future of mankind, even though all possible outcomes from the day-to-day business of the Financial District gradually destroy the world's economy, along with everything else. The idea that Kimimaro's father has some sort of importance is also discarded.

Then there are the little things that happened throughout. This was built from the very beginning to be an shounen action anime, but it took the opposite route that Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece take. Instead of having long, drawn-out fights where nothing happens, it has extremely compressed fights that it tries to get over with as quickly as possible. So that Kimimaro can brood. And he does not have nearly enough Sasuke blood in him to brood properly. What was the rotary press? Kou Sennoza has a giant angel/demon/god thing for an Asset. This is the thing you take out with an orbital laser. This thing eats Menos for breakfast. Let me restate that - this thing eats [i]pre-power creep[/i] Menos for breakfast. Whoever spent the time designing and animating that thing deserve better than it not only being slaughtered, but slaughtered [i]off-screen[/i]. And Q, the most epic of all Assets, is brushed over. She can eat Assets - probably - and stop time, and maybe Mikuni can then use the Assets she eats. What about her freak-out when fighting Mashu? What does it mean? What [i]is[/i] she fighting for?

Here's a serious concern. The idea was that both Kimimaro's and Mikuni's goals are morally gray - Mikuni's destroys quality of life, whereas Kimimaro's would have destroyed Japan outright except he's the protagonist so everything's peachy. But suppose you flipped them? Suppose Mikuni wanted to cause the rotary press to spin in reverse and destroy the Financial District, thereby destroying Japan, as well. And Kimimaro wants to hold on to today at any cost, even if it means losing tomorrow. Nothing would change except for a few lines of dialogue. Mikuni is only wrong because he's not the main character, and Kimimaro's only right because he is.

All in all, [C] seemed very self-conscious. It started with big ideas and was going to have epic fights, but then it curled up in a ball, took out the action, and made itself eleven episodes. This could have been [i]serialized[/i] - it was setting itself up to do just that. It was totally open for new foes and new conflict - visiting the other Financial Districts, confronting the man upstairs. But it stayed in its shell like a good little anime.[/spoiler]

Also, why does Kimimaro have purple shoes?

I agree on some parts. Mostly, the part about the two's views. I found myself siding with Mikuni's ideals over Kimimaro's, especially because Mikuni had his mind made up before the last 3 episodes. =/

This leaves me to believe that the anime [i]did[/i] have more episodes, but something cut them short.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived