600 Point / New Way to Play Contest---contest over

sythcaris

[align=center]Haven't been here in a while

This is a contest to create a new way to play, like toons or gemini monsters. You must create 1-60 cards using this new way of playing.

Prizes:

1st: 600 Points, 3 reps, Cards featured in fanfic ( http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=27530&pid=425111#pid425111 ) with an important character, and a special prize

2nd:200 points, 2 reps, cards may appear in a deck in the fan fic

3rd:50 points and 1 rep, cards may appear - but probably not in a deck

CONTEST RULES:

1. It must be a NEW WAY TO PLAY

2. The card(s) must be new, no old cards (less then a week old is fine)(you may make new cards for an old idea though)(you may post up to five of your old cards as long as you have more new cards with them)(at least 1+ the number of old cards must be new)

3. no stealing other players ideas or pics

grading is as follows

Spelling:10%

Grammar:20%

Picture:15%

Power (over/under):10%

Originality:15%

Realisticness:20%

Name:10%

you have until until march 29th

If there aren't at least 10 entrants the contest might be cancelled or extended

Entrys Reserved

1.Pink

2.terrorblazer

3.SignUp

4.72night

5.jspamax

6.Karubin

7. altemon

8. Enigma Zero

9.victorydragon

10.middletond

Entrys Filled

1.browarod

2.Nath2424

3.God GAK

4.slayer_supreme

5.Faded

6.Darkjagwar

7.ruby_carbuncle002

8.Yaden Yuki

9.hunterb

10.middletond

[/align]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here is my entry for this contest. I call them "Spell Monsters" (not to be confused with jspamax's "Field Monsters" ;)).

Anyway, they are regular monsters, unless you manage to summon them in a S/T zone. If that happens, they gain the effect of a spell card (hence the name "Spell Monsters").

Their names are derivations of the spell cards whose effect they share, I figured then it'd be easy to remember what they did.

So, without further ado, here they are:

jg5kye.jpg4h7220.jpg

xcr5f5.jpg1zwklxt.jpg

e5od28.jpg

Now, you may be wondering, "How in the world am I going to summon any of them in a S/T zone?" Well, here's your answer. The 2 cards below make it possible. One of them makes all your S/T zones also monster zones, so if you summon a monster in the lower row of monster zones, it's also a S/T zone and you can activate their effects. The other makes all your monster zones also S/T zones, so you can summon them where they normally go and still activate their effects.

Here are the special cards (NOTE: These are NOT part of my submission, as they were made more than a week ago. They are being posted simply to show that the new mechanic is possible). I made them awhile ago, but just recently thought of this idea to really put them to good use:

2nrvk8.jpg2mr8vbq.jpg

There you have my new way to play monsters.

\/****These pics are not mine, I do not own them, I simply cropped them. If the owner wishes for theirs to be removed, PM me and I will remove it until a supplemental pic can be found.****\/

Artist Credits:

Lightning Wolf - http://five-aces.deviantart.com/

Minion to the Doomed - http://rixx.deviantart.com/

Warrior of Revealing Light - http://spacecoyote.deviantart.com/

Serpent of Greed - http://rafm.deviantart.com/

Goddess Charity - http://mickyoko.deviantart.com/

Special Credits:

Many thanks to songdancer13 for helping me find pics and giving me advice!!

OK. 2 day old set:

[align=center]I do not own the artwork used for my cards. I only use them as a means of increasing the overall quality and effect of my work. I do not claim ownership of them.

GUNS-EN001

1.jpg

Credit to 'archipello for the image. Link to the original image here

GUNS-EN002

2.jpg

Credit to ~CPTCoOkie for the image. Link to original image here

GUNS-EN003

3.jpg

Credit to *rakaon for the image. Link to the original image here

GUNS-EN004

4.jpg

Credit to ~jafrix for the image. Link to the original image here

GUNS-EN005

5.jpg

Credit to ~HappyPerv for the image. Link to the original image here

Note: If you check the card carefully you will see the word "FAKE" in it

I really enjoyed making this set. If you notice those images are heavily edited. The new tactic is using your opponent's side of the field as a means to destroy him.

GUNS-EN006

6.jpg

Image taken from google.

GUNS-EN007

7.jpg

Image taken from google. i took 2 weapons, a bow and an ak-47 and made that.

GUNS-EN008

8.jpg

Credit to ~Tentousama for the image. Link to the original image here

GUNS-EN009

9.jpg

Credit to ~Stinoga for the guy in the image. the rest is from google. Link to the original image here

GUNS-EN010

10.jpg

Credit to ~leinilyu for the image. Link to the original image here

[/align]

Credit given. With my current antagonists i think i beat them by far

With my current antagonists i think i beat them by far

You just had to post those cards, didn't you :P

Now I have no chance of winning. If only my Hidden or Rotator sets were newer, they might've had a decent shot at doing well in this contest....

Here it is, my Repulse set. Don't know how much it changes the way of play, but it certainly is original xP

Below each card I have added its credit (if any), and the effect in case it's hard to read. I do not claim ownership to the pictures used in my below cards.

[align=center]

repulse2.jpg

dartharanel

During your Draw Phase while this card is in your Side Deck, before you draw you may return 1 Repulse monster from your deck to your Side Deck and shuffle a different Repulse monster from your Side Deck into your deck. While this card is face-up on the field, monster that were Special Summoned cannot be tributed.

repulse6.jpg

flo_moshi (@ DeviantArt)

During your Draw Phase while this card is in your Side Deck, before you draw you may return 1 Repulse monster from your deck to your Side Deck and shuffle a different Repulse monster from your Side Deck into your deck. While this card is face-up on the field, neither player can Special Summon monsters removed from play. While this card is face-up on the field, decrease the ATK of monsters Special Summoned from the Graveyard by 800.

repulse5.jpg

Judgement_In_Servitude

During your Draw Phase while this card is in your Side Deck, before you draw you may return 1 Repulse monster from your deck to your Side Deck and shuffle a different Repulse monster from your Side Deck into your deck. While this card is face-up on the field, a player must discard a card from their hand after each time they draw 2 or more cards outside of their Draw Phase.

repulse7.jpg

slipgatecentral (@ DeviantArt)

During your Draw Phase while this card is in your Side Deck, before you draw you may return 1 Repulse monster from your deck to your Side Deck and shuffle a different Repulse monster from your Side Deck into your deck. While this card is face-up on the field, you take half damage from Card Effects.

repulse3.jpg

saintvolomir (@DeviantArt)

During your Draw Phase while this card is in your Side Deck, before you draw you may return 1 Repulse monster from your deck to your Side Deck and shuffle a different Repulse monster from your Side Deck into your deck. While this card is face-up on the field, neither player can discard cards from their hand as a card cost.

repulse1.jpg

(Unknown)

During your Draw Phase while this card is in your Side Deck, before you draw you may return 1 Repulse monster from your deck to your Side Deck and shuffle a different Repulse monster from your Side Deck into your deck. While this card is face-up on the field, the ATK increases of all Equip Spell Cards on the field become 0.

repulse4.jpg

xzellexz

During your Draw Phase while this card is in your Side Deck, before you draw you may return 1 Repulse monster from your deck to your Side Deck and shuffle a different Repulse monster from your Side Deck into your deck. While this card is face-up on the field, neither player can activate any Trap Cards in reaction to the Normal Summon or Special Summon of a monster.

repulse10-1.jpg

EliteArtist (@ DeviantArt)

Discard 1 Repulse monster. Special Summon 1 Repulse monster from your Graveyard with a Level equal to or lower than the discarded monster's (other than the card itself).

repulse9.jpg

calebvoorhees (@ DeviantArt)

During each of your End Phases, select and activate 1 of the following effects:

- Your opponent cannot draw more than 2 cards during their next turn.

- Decrease damage you take from Card Effects by 500 until the End Phase of your opponent's next turn.

- Increase the ATK of all monsters on your side of the field by 200.

repulse12.jpg

(unknown)

Draw a number of cards equal to the number of Repulse monsters on your side of the field. During your opponent's next Standby Phase, they draw the same number of cards.

repulse11.jpg

graphikj (@DeviantArt)

Select a Level. All face-up Repulse monsters on your side of the field are treated as the selected Level until the End Phase of the turn this card was activated.

repulse8.jpg

BurnZig (@DeviantArt)

Select 1 Repulse monster on your side of the field and a Repulse monster in your Side Deck of the same Level. Place the Repulse monster on your side of the field into your Side Deck, and Special Summon the selected Repulse monster. That monster cannot declare an attack during your next Battle Phase.

repulse13.jpg

(unknown)

Add 1 Repulse monster from your hand to your Side Deck, then shuffle a card from your Side Deck into your deck.

repulse14.jpg

(Nefis @ DeviantArt)

Activate only while you control a face-up Repulse monster. Select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field, and your opponent may select 1 card on your side of the field. Shuffle the selected cards into the owner's decks.

[/align]

Im going to try get a Set made for this. Ive worked on the idea in written section. So they havent been made into cards yet. They still need some work but it is the only new Set idea that I think is good enough for this Set, and the good thing is that the Set can be so big and has many cards in it, but I dont think Ill get through them all so Ill just post up as many as I can when I can...

*****PERSONA*****

*****PERSONA*****

[spoiler=what you need to know about Personas]

Persona Monsters are like Deck Master Cards in that they dont count towards the Monster Card Zone limit.

There is only 1 Persona Zone, so it can only be occupied by 1 Persona Monster at a time.

The Persona Zone is a separate Card Zone from traditional Monster, Spell/Trap Card Zones.

While a Persona Monster is in the Persona Zone it cannot attack or be attacked.

You can place a Persona Monster in your Persona Zone from either;

- while in your Hand

- on your side of the field

- or by a Spell/Trap Card effect

however, you can only place a Persona Monster in your Persona Zone during your turn unless by a Spell/Trap Card effect

[align=center]Set details:

PERS-EN001~Dragon of the Maker

PERS-EN002~Frunkenstein

PERS-EN003~Mad King of the 15 Dogs

PERS-EN004~unknown[/align]

[align=center]You can place this card in your "Persona" Zone. If this monster is in your "Persona" Zone, then you can destroy it any time. When this monster is in your "Persona" Zone, the effects of all "Persona" Monsters on your side of the field are treated as: "If this monster would be destroyed by battle, you can Special Summon the monster in your "Persona" Zone to your side of the field, and place this card in your "Persona" Zone."

r0e3w6.jpg

disclaimer: I do not own this picture. I only use this to enhance over overall quality of my card.[/align]

You can place this monster in your Persona Zone. If this monster is in your Persona Zone, you can destroy it at any time. While this monster is in your Persona Zone, the effects of all Persona Monsters on your side of the field become: "If this monster is destroyed, you can take 1 monster from your Deck with the same name as this card, and add it to your Hand. The Deck is then shuffled."

You can place this monster in your Persona Zone. If this monster is in your Persona Zone, you can destroy it at any time. While this monster is in your Persona Zone, the effects of all Persona Monsters on your side of the field become: "If this monster is destroyed, you can take 1 monster from your Deck with the same name as this card, and add it to your Hand. The Deck is then shuffled."

2ujjptg.jpg

p><p>[center][img]<a href=http://i25.tinypic.com/2nrge0y.jpg' alt='2nrge0y.jpg'>[/center]

disclaimer: I do not own this picture. I only use this to enhance over overall quality of my card.

disclaimer: I do not own this picture. I only use this to enhance over overall quality of my card.

CARD LORE: When in Puzzle Position, these cards can do contact fusion. basically they can be put together like puzzle pieces. they are numerous combinations to how the puzzle can form. two pieces, three, any comination. But when all pieces are reunited you get an ultimate beast.

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii111/ruby_carbuncle002/Pieces/ZodiacDog2.jpg[/IMG]
http://amuria.deviantart.com/art/chinese-zodiac-dog-61322722

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii111/ruby_carbuncle002/Pieces/ZodiacPossessedMonkeyPiece-1.jpg[/IMG]
http://amuria.deviantart.com/art/chinese-zodiac-monkey-65997095

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii111/ruby_carbuncle002/Pieces/ZodiacPossessedRatPiece.jpg[/IMG]
http://amuria.deviantart.com/art/chinese-zodiac-mouse-76508436

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii111/ruby_carbuncle002/Pieces/ZodiacPossessedRamPiece.jpg[/IMG]
http://amuria.deviantart.com/art/chinese-zodiac-ram-62311052

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii111/ruby_carbuncle002/Pieces/ZodiacPossessedSnakePiece.jpg[/IMG]
http://amuria.deviantart.com/art/chinese-zodiac-snake-63434484

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii111/ruby_carbuncle002/Pieces/ZodiacPossessedDragonPiece-1.jpg[/IMG]
http://amuria.deviantart.com/art/chinese-zodiac-dragon-73364145

Okay. My entry is ready enough...

[drum roll] I present to you [/drum roll] FISSION MONSTERS *applause*

I had this idea a few months ago. If you can combine weak monsters into more powerful FUSION monsters, then how about breaking relatively strong monsters down into slightly weaker FISSION monsters? It sort of seems pointless at first, but not if the fission monsters have extremely useful effects.

The "rules" for Fission monsters is that they are color-coded purple, like fusion monsters, and are in the fusion deck at the start of the duel, also like fusion monsters. However, when monsters are Fission Summoned, the material monster is removed from play and the Fission monsters remain part of the deck after they are summoned rather than when fusion monsters are returned to the fusion deck. This means that when they are sent to your hand, you actually put them in your hand. When they are destroyed, you put them in the graveyard.

Disclaimer: I do not own any images nor do I plan to take credit for them. Art was taken from deviantART and the cards function as links to the page the art is on.

Here's the first card, the anti-polymerization:

fission.jpg

Pretty straightforward I think. Basically you remove a specific card from play and you get to summon a Fission monster.

Now here are the Fission monsters of my design for Gaia the Fierce Knight:

gaia-warr.jpgmystic-stallion.jpg

Sorry for the image quality. These images were taken from different existing editions of Gaia the Fierce Knight.

In order to utilize these cards, you use Fission and remove Gaia from play. "Gaia the Elite Warrior" is "fission" summoned and by its effect, "Mystic Stallion" is also summoned. Because of Mystic Stallion's effect, you can theoretically equip it ti Gaia and it would pretty much be the same as Gaia except it would have to be destroyed twice because Mystic Stallion wouldn't be destroyed the first time. However, Gaia's effect allows it to replace its non-fission counterpart in a fusion for something such as "Gaia the Dragon Champion". Then you can equip Mystic Stallion to something else...you can get a 3000/2600 Dark Magician that does piercing damage (life point deduction when destroyed monster was in defense position).

Note: I am aware that the cards do not say "Piercing Damage" except in the video games. I will change the text if necessary....later....

Here are the next 2:

004-d_A_thunder.jpg005-spirit-o-forest.jpg

If you can not read the text:

Demon Archfiend of Thunder:

This card can only be special summoned from the fusion deck by the effect of "Fission" and by removing from play one "Summoned Skull" or "Skull Archfiend of Lightning" from your side of the field or in your hand. When this card is special summoned, you may special summon one "Skull Servant" from your deck or hand to your side of the field in face-up attack position. You may use "Skull Servant" in place of "Summoned Skull" as a fusion material monster as long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field. The controller of this card must pay 500 life points during each standby phase this card is face-up on the field. The ATK and DEF of this card becomes the total amount of life points the controller of this card has lost during the duel.

Spirit of the Forest:This card can not be special summoned. You may move this card from the fusion deck to your hand by the effect of "Fission" and by removing from play one "Ancient one of the Deep Forest" from your side of the field or in your hand. When this card is put into your hand, you may special summon one "Dark Gray" from your deck or hand to your side of the field in face-up attack or defense position. This card is returned to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. Increase the ATK of this card by 500 for every face-up monster on your side of the field. When this card is returned to your hand, you may special summon one level 4 or lower monster from your hand to your side of the field in face-up attack position or face-down defense position.

The reasoning behind these is that 1) I made up a small story in my head that a powerful evil deity of thunder/lightning gave its power to a weak zombie to do things for it 2) the description of "Ancient one of the Deep Forest" mentions it being a mystical being of the forest 3) it gives people to use some of the useless cards in sets.

For Demon Archfiend of Lighting I utilized the Archfiend archetype of monster cards cause i know some people love using archfiends. Also, it gives you a second purpose for Skull Servant (other than for King of Skull Servants): You can count it as Summoned Skull when fusing w/ Red-Eyes for Black Skull Dragon or if any other skull fusions are made in the future. The better part of this card is that it gets stronger as your life points drop. If you summon this with 7000 life points left, you get a monster with 1000/1000. If you have 300 life points left, you get a kick-ass crazy monster with 7700 ATK and DEF (still able to be destroyed by spell/trap).

For Spirit of the Forest I tried to do my first Spirit monster ever. It lets you use "Dark Gray" if you have one, but only to get more monsters on your field for tributes and stuff. Spirit is moved directly to your hand because Spirits can't be special summoned. At the end of your turn, you can heighten your defenses by special summoning a low level monster after your Spirit returns to your hand. This helps because it gets 500 ATK for every monster on your side of the field (max 2500 ATK) though it is unlikely you will maintain a full field of monsters during the duel.

The last 2 I made are based on the Memory World season of the anime.

006-kisara-drg.jpg007-drg-soul.jpg

Kisara:

This card can only be special summoned from the fusion dck by the effect of "Fission" and by removing from play one "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your side of the field or your hand. When this card is special summoned, you may special summon one "Dragon Soul" from your fusion deck to your side of the field in face-up attack position. This card can not be offered as a tribute for a tribute summon. As long as this card is face-up on your side of the field, your opponent can not select a battle target other than this card. You may discard one monster card from your hand in order to negate an attack on this card.

Dragon Soul:

This card can only be special summoned by the effect of "Kisara - Spirit of the White Dragon". When this card is special summoned, immediately move it to an open spell/trap card zone on your side of the field. If there are no open spell/trap card zones on your side of the field, this card is returned to your hand. This card may be summoned to the spell/trap card zone and can not be selected as a battle target if it is in a spell/trap card zone. When this card is face-up in a spell/trap card zone, it has the following effect:

•When you take battle damage, the ATK of this card is increased by the amount of damage you received. When there are no monsters on your side of the field, you may special summon this card to a monster card zone on your side of the field.

So these are based off of Blue-Eyes and how Kisara created the Blue-Eyes.

With Kisara, it's not so much that you need it alive for anything important except for defending life points or card effects that require tributes (it can be offered for an effect, but not a summon).

Dragon soul is different. Its effect is more like Demon Archfiend of Thunder's effect. It gains ATK as you lose life points. Only its treated as a spell card (i really liked the spell monsters idea. really. excellent job w/ those!) but it has an ATK and DEF. Its ATK doesn't really matter until its the only monster card on the field and you need to defend yourself. Then you move it to the monster zone and treat it as a monster. If while it was on the field you lost 1400 life points, when it is summoned, it has 1400 ATK. Just to clarify, if it is sent to your hand while in a spell/trap zone, its ATK and DEF are lost. Also, you need to offer one monster in order to play it as a spell.

My reason for the Fission types is that there should be great power locked away in the most random places and giving crazy awesome useful effects to the fission monsters is my way of expressing that.

Archived