600 Point / New Way to Play Contest---contest over

sythcaris

I just made these today...

[align=center]card.jpg

bob.jpg

card3.jpg

card2.jpg[/align]

[align=center]here is the rulings on the cards.

Wormhole Summon - It is very similar to Special Summoning, but only for Intergalactic monsters and their ruling is:

you MUST WAIT 1 TURN for a monster AND WAIT 1 additional turn for each tribute it would require to Normal Summon it.

The Wormhole - It is similar to the out of play zone. Monsters stay there while you wait to Wormhole Summon them. I will make support cards to play with the Wormhole soon.[/align]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't this be over?

I seriously hope not because I worked on this one right up until the buzzer. So without any further adou...here's my set...

Overview:

The overall concept behind this set is based on Spirits(Links) and Mediums(Anchors). These new monsters are are based on two principle ideas. The 1st being that the Spiritual Link Monsters require an anchor to keep them in our world. If a Link's Anchor is destroyed then they are(in most cases) as well. So while the set does have it's power...it also has it's risk factor because if the right Anchor is destroyed at the wrong time then you're basically defenseless. The second idea is that of the unity between the Anchors and the Links. While not godly powerful by themselves' date=' they do have the ability to work together to form a bond which can generate a fairly solid offense and defense. Ok..enough chit-chat. It's card time...

[b']Spiritual Anchor Monsters:[/b]

ENI-SA-Rhane-1.png

The set's token Normal Monster. 8)

ENI-SA-Kako-1.png

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. When this card is Summoned or Flip Summoned you may Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Spiritual Link" monster from your Hand or Graveyard and Link it to this card.

ENI-SA-Sarena-1.png

When this card is successfully Summoned or Flip Summoned, it apears on the field in Defense Position. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard you may return up to 2 "Spritual Link" monsters on the field to your hand.

Spiritual Link Monsters:

ENI-SL-Bartal-1.png

When this card is successfully Summoned or Flip Summoned, it appears on the Field in Defense Position. If this card is on the field but you do not control a "Spiritual Anchor" monster, destroy this card. When this card is successfully Summoned or Flip Summoned choose one of your "Spiritual Anchor" monsters. This card is now Linked to that "Spiritual Anchor" monster. When this card is changed from Defense Position to Attack Position, you can remove from play 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.

ENI-SL-Goral-1.png

If this card is on the field but you do not control a Spiritual Anchor Monster, destroy this card. When this card is successfully Summoned or Flip Summoned choose one of your "Spiritual Anchor" monsters. This card is now Linked to that "Spiritual Anchor" monster. When this card is successfully Summoned or Flip Summoned, it apears on the field in Defense Position.

ENI-SL-Thien-1.png

If this card is on the field but you do not control a "Spiritual Anchor" monster, destroy this card. When this card is successfully Summoned or Flip Summoned choose one of your "Spiritual Anchor" monsters. This card is now Linked to that "Spiritual Anchor" monster. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it.

ENI-SL-Yoshi-1.png

If this card is on the field but you do not control a "Spiritual Anchor" monster, destroy this card. When this card is successfully Summoned or Flip Summoned choose one of your "Spiritual Anchor" monsters. This card is now Linked to that "Spiritual Anchor" monster. When this card is changed from Attack Position to Defense Position, remove from play 1 Spell or Trap Card on your opponent's side of the field.

Spells:

ENI-Spiritual-Web-1.png

While this card is in play you may switch the original ATK or DEF of two face-up "Spiritual Anchor" or "Spiritual Link" monsters on the field, until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect twice per turn. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can discard 1 "Spiritual Web" to prevent this card from being destroyed.

ENI-Spiritual-Seance-1.png

This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Spiritual Anchor Farad" or "Spiritual Link Lorr". You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you are attempting to Ritual Summon.

ENI-Greater-Good-1.png

Remove 1 face-up "Spiritual Link" monster you control from play. Select one "Spiritual Anchor" monster you control. This monster cannot be destroyed this turn.

Traps:

ENI-Chain-Explosion-1.png

Tribute one of your "Spiritual Anchor" or "Spiritual Link" monsters face-up on the field, destroy all cards in the Tributed monster's column. You can draw 1 card for each of your opponent's cards destroyed by this card.

ENI-Chain-Reaction-1.jpg

You can only activate this card when a "Spiritual Anchor" monster on your side of the field is selected as an attack target. Destroy the attacking monster and 1 of your "Spiritual Link" monsters that is linked to the selected "Spiritual Anchor" monster. Both cards are removed from play. Draw 1 card from your Deck.

Ritual Monsters:

ENI-SA-Farad-1.png

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Spiritual Seance". You must also offer monsters whose total Level Stars equal 7 or more as a Tribute from the field or your hand. When this card is successfully Ritual Summoned you may redo all Links on the field. Each turn, this card gains 1 additional attack for each "Spiritual Link" monster that is Linked to it.

ENI-SL-Lorr-1.png

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Spiritual Seance". You must also offer monsters whose total Level Stars equal 7 or more as a Tribute from the field or your hand. When this card is successfully Ritual Summoned choose as many "Spiritual Anchor" monsters on the field as you like. This card is now linked to those "Spiritual Anchor" monsters. When a "Spiritual Anchor" monster is successfully Summoned or Flip Summoned, you may Link this card to that "Spiritual Anchor" monster as well. If this card is on the field and there are no "Spiritual Anchor" monsters, destroy this card.

Fusion Monsters:

ENI-SA-Jahalm-1.png

1 Spiritual Anchor Monster + 1 Spiritual Link Monster.

The original ATK and DEF of this card become equal to the combined original ATK of the 2 Fusion Material Monsters you used for the Fusion Summon of this card. When a "Spiritual Anchor" monster on your side of the field is destroyed you may discard 1 card from your hand to Link a "Spiritual Link" monster that was Linked to that "Spiritual Anchor" monster to this card. This card gains 500 ATK for each "Spiritual Link" monster Linked to it.

Ok, that's my submission. Now for the legal formalities...

Art Credits:

-Original Artwork by Enigma Zero.

-Backgrounds by Enigma Zero.

-Spiritual Seance artwork taken from a painting found on www.occultopedia.com.

-Sprite pieces taken from www.gsarchives.net.

Wow, thanks. I am honored to have been awarded 1st place in this contest.

Question, What were the OCG errors in my cards? I quadruple checked everything I made against The Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia!, Yu-Gi-Oh Wold Championships 2008(DS), and any card I could find on the internet. At this point it might be the sleep deprivation...but I simply do not see the errors. Please enlighten me so that I do not make future mistakes of this kind. Thanks in advance. :???:

Errors:

If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it.

Summoned or Flip Summoned

level

it apears on the field in Defense Position

If this card is on the field but you do not control a "Spiritual Anchor" monster, destroy this card.

This card is now Linked to that "Spiritual Anchor" monster.

one

If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can discard 1 "Spiritual Web" to prevent this card from being destroyed.

This monster cannot be destroyed this turn.

...And others that I wont take the time to point out.

Errors:

If this card is in face-up Defense Position' date=' destroy it.

level

If this card is on the field but you do not control a "Spiritual Anchor" monster, destroy this card.

one

If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can discard 1 "Spiritual Web" to prevent this card from being destroyed.

[/quote']

Thanks for the support man

Ok, I'm honestly trying to understand this so this post is just my attempt to figure this out. I do appreciate the help here.

Here's what I don't get. If OCG is Official Card Grammar and I based my cards off of the wordings from Official Cards...how is it wrong? Here's what I mean...

If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it.

Cloudian - Cirrostratus

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. When you Normal Summon this card, place 1 Fog Counter on it for each "Cloudian" monster on the field. You can remove 2 Fog Counters from this card to destroy 1 monster on the field.

one

Summon Priest(DS)

This card cannot be given as a Tribute. When this card is successfully Summoned or Flip Summoned, it appears on the field in Defense Position. By Discarding one Spell Card from your Hand you can Special Summon one Level 4 Monster Card from your Deck. The Monster Card Special Summoned using this effect cannot attack for the duration of the turn. You can only activate the effect of this card once each turn, during your Main Phase.

level

The "L" should be capitalized...but they all are capitalized in my submission so I am not certain what you mean here.

Not certain what you mean on these two, but I am guessing it's the "Spiritual ____" monster part. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Gladiator Beast Alexander

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Gladiator Beast Dimacari". When this card is Special Summoned, it is unaffected by the effects of Spell Cards. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Alexander".

Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts

Place 1 Counter on this card each time a monster is Special Summoned from either player's Deck. All "Gladiator Beast" monsters gain 100 ATK and DEF for each of these counters on this card. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can discard 1 "Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts" to prevent this card from being destroyed.

This one I was suspect of from the beginning, but I couldn't find a better way to phrase it...other than changing "This monster" to "It".

I thank you for the ones you did take the time to point out. This is only my 1st set here so anything I can learn to better myself in the future is appreciated. I look forward to more feedback on this subject.

Before my Analysis and such, i want to rant.

What annoys me is even though you may not win a contest, bad mouthing about the person who did and trying to prove why they should not have won, its just really annoying.

All it shows, and disregarding whether its ment to or not, it only shows jelousy and sore loserness.

Enigma's cards i thought were very good.

Although there were some OCG and Grammar errors that people have pointed out;

Dont cap Hand

just say Summoned, no need for the 'summoned of flip summoned' as its both the same thing.

also i believe 'select' is better then 'choose'

Now then, GAK, you seem to be pushing this a little further so let me just throw some randomness at you.

You say that Enigma has errors? correct? well so did you. I have checked through the cards you posted and errors were found.

GAK - Why have you just put 'he', whats with the sexism?, also im unsure, but is 'OR' ment to be in caps?

But, disregarding that, the main thing which tells me that you GAK obviously didnt pay attension, is the grading system.

Back on post 1, Syth clearly states 'Grammar + OCG' only counts towards 20% of the Grade, meaning that syth wasnt looking for that, syth was looking for overall uniqueness and a grand idea, and Enigma got that in 1. With 80% of the final grade having nothing to do with OCG nor grammar, its safe to say the results are fine.

And seeing as the contest is over, Locked and also will be shortly moved.

^_^

Archived