Negima!

Feels like a good time for a new thread, since the manga has just recently continued after a 5-week break.

Also, this:

[center][IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/qy9v7b.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Hopefully, people will actually post in this one. I know some of you are reading it.

Discuss the Negima manga.

[spoiler=Advice For Those Buying The Official English Release]The first 21 volumes were [url="http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/2007/04/negima-volume-1-del-rey-and-peter-david.html"]messed up by bad translators[/url]. However, the translators that took over from volume 22 are great, and they're releasing re-translations of the early volumes in omnibus form by those new translators.

So I strongly recommend [i]not[/i] picking up the individual volumes, at least not for the first 21 volumes. Buying the omnibuses for the first 21 is both cheaper and has a better translation, so there's little reason to opt for the separate volumes here.[/spoiler]

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Dark Armed Duelist' timestamp='1305619669' post='5214354']
Can someone remind me again when the release date of the English version of Negima Vol. 29 is, because it's been months I have heard about it, and I never spotted the english version of Vol.29.
[/quote]

The release is... today.

Kodansha took the license from Del Rey (but kept most of the staff), so there was a huge break.

In exchange, we'll get volumes every 2 months instead of 3 until we catch up with Japan.

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1306605088' post='5237818']
those this means that negima is finishing dammit and i wanted to continue for at least 2 or 3 more years -.-
[/quote]

Nope.

It seems like it, but the writer is saying it's not done.

• 2 weeks later...
I really like where the story is going.

And negima is back to being my favorite manga.

I mean, it still holds on to its comedic style, but it manages to be so epic, and makes its characters so deep.

It's really interesting.

And Fate is my favorite villain ever.

I kind of want him to turn good.

[quote name='=DL=' timestamp='1307551653' post='5266975']
And Fate is my favorite villain ever.

I kind of want him to turn good.
[/quote]

Wish semi-granted if you read the newest chapter.

Has anyone got a guess who the mage is in the final scenes of Chapter 329?

[hr]

If this is necrobumping, since the last post was a week ago, I apologize to the Mods [personally to Opalmoon since I believe this is her section 83]

It's not a necrobump.

And good, someone posted. This thread just kept dying because nobody seems to want to talk about Negima here.

In any case, I've seen some pretty interesting guesses on the identity of the person donning the Lifemaker's robes. The oddest one being Yuuna's mom.

Honestly, finding out her true age is impossible, since we have no idea when she was born.

I have seen people calculate Negi's real age, tho. Factoring in that the Japanese volume 1 release made his real age start at 8, he's barely biologically 10 right now.

Actually he stated he was 8 1/2 during the beginning

Troughly estimating his time from arriving in Japan, including the usage of the Magical Biospheres, he is around the biological age of 10, though his mental age is slightly older due to Evangeline's scroll.

And Asuna's age is possible to figure out, just very difficult. For starters when you first see her, when Nagi saves her around 20 years ago, she looks to be about 8 years old. However it has been stated before that the "Power of the Ancients", aka Magic Cancel, has been used for over 200 years. Because Asuna has magic cancel one could believe that they are referring to her and some have believed she is used like a weapon, being placed on a crystal which stops her from aging when not being used.

Yet I feel that the ability magic cancel personally is probably passed down from generation from generation; thus making Asuna the latest Imperial Princess of Twilight.

So she is either around 20+ years old, by my personal calculations, or as others say lived through 200+ years but still has the biological age of someone ~15

Odd.

The Japanese release has his birth date clearly show that he's 8 (I've never bothered calculating the months), and he's said he's 10 by some stupid system I'm sure nobody actually uses in Japan (which would easily put his age anywhere from 8-10, apparently, I'm not familiar with how that system works).

So he very well may be 8 1/2 at the start of the story, but he says 10 by some retarded system, and then Asuna guesses his age is 9 because of it.

Well I remember reading in the manga, when Asuna is washing him, that she complained about having to wash a nine year old because he couldn't do it himself. Negi then turns around and says that he is actually "9 1/2" which only gets her madder . . .

Yeah it is a small thing that most people would overlook seeing and just say 10 since everyone else just rounds it up.

EDIT: Sorry I just realized I was saying he was 8 1/2. My bad, but then that just bump up the age to somewhere around 11- roughly 12 years old at Chapter 329

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1308883604' post='5306696']
Well I remember reading in the manga, when Asuna is washing him, that she complained about having to wash a nine year old because he couldn't do it himself. Negi then turns around and says that he is actually "9 1/2" which only gets her madder . . .

Yeah it is a small thing that most people would overlook seeing and just say 10 since everyone else just rounds it up.

EDIT: Sorry I just realized I was saying he was 8 1/2. My bad, but then that just bump up the age to somewhere around 11- roughly 12 years old at Chapter 329
[/quote]

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/v01/c003/10.html

It was Asuna who guessed at the 9.

And his birth date was moved in the volume release, making him 8-9 (since we don't know what time of year the manga started at) by changing his birthdate to Summer 1994, but the conversation was unchanged.

Archived