Negima!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again Burnpsy

The terraforming of Mars. You know I should've seen that coming, along with everyone who's read the series, because of what Chao-san said. Now that raises the question, just how [i]far[/i] in the future Chao-san is. She is obviously already in a time period in which Mars is habitual, meaning Negi's plan must've worked; meaning at least 30 years in the future.

But what about the suffering she is talking about?
Maybe it does become a war eventually . . .

I smell a sequel <<

[quote name='Jake the Sage' timestamp='1317176479' post='5544940']
Thanks again Burnpsy

The terraforming of Mars. You know I should've seen that coming, along with everyone who's read the series, because of what Chao-san said. Now that raises the question, just how [i]far[/i] in the future Chao-san is. She is obviously already in a time period in which Mars is habitual, meaning Negi's plan must've worked; meaning at least 30 years in the future.

But what about the suffering she is talking about?
Maybe it does become a war eventually . . .

I smell a sequel <<
[/quote]
yes more sequel XD

Well, he has more than 3 manga, but those are the only ones he connected, so OK.

They connect like so:

A.I. Love You takes place quite a while before the series starts, and thus the ending from the bonus chapters that includes Koube doing research in the US has already been happening for a while, allowing them to advance their AI research enough for Satomi to make Chachamaru from their findings.

Everything in Love Hina except for the marriage at the end took place just before the series started.

And then we have Negima.

That's the basic connection in a nutshell.

You realize that he can't outright connect them any more than that without breaking some stupid Japanese copyright laws that make no sense, right? If you already knew that, you can infer the fullest extent of the connection he's allowed to show us.

I figure the most we'll see is more Love Hina characters in the background, which we've had a few times already.

IDK, but keep this in mind:

In Mao-chan, one of his lesser works, the anime version (which came first) has Naru and the Hinata Inn appear years after Naru and Keitaro are married. The main characters were not allowed to say her name, citing copyright restrictions.

Then, when adapted into the manga, Keitarou and Naru had to be changed to Keinosuke and Nana, and they made it so Keinosuke failed the exam Keitarou passed.

This happened regardless of the fact that Love Hina and Mao-chan were both written by Akamatsu and published by Kodansha.

Archived