Negima!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since my main selling point is my creativity, probably some sort of helmet that alters reality based on my thoughts.

Although, in order to balance it, there would be some clause like "needs complete concentration", or something else I have a hard time doing.

• 2 weeks later...

The generic harem stuff starts phazing out from volume 3. Volume 3 starts when Eva shows up, which is just before where you are.

It'll slowly vanish from there, though elements of it will still be a decently-sized subplot, it won't be the focus.

And until it stops being a large focus, the manga's gonna go back and forth.

Eva fight -> Pillow Fight -> Enemy Mages attacking

etc.

This manga wouldn't be Kodansha's top seller in North America (outdoing Fairy Tail, even) if it took [i]that[/i] long to get moving. In fact, Chapter 100 is in the middle of the obligatory tournament, and of course the characters will have to fight before they have that. :P

---

In any case, I just finished reading the Omnibus re-release yesterday. Yes, the translation job is far better than the original release or the scanlations. However, whoever they hired to [i]actually put the text onto the chapters[/i] needs to be fired immediately. They failed horribly, several times.

However, it's still better than the original first 3 volumes' translation, cheaper too. They even poked fun at the old translation by leaving one instance of "Southern Master" in from that infamous mistake in the first volume 3 printings (they chose a spot that worked without being a blatant mis-translation, mind you).

Looks like I was right when I said people shouldn't bother with the first 21 volumes and should just wait for those.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Akamatsu, next week's chapter ends the arc, at which point things split.

People who follow the manga will continue to chapter 336, which has a "new development".

The movie's plot starts after 335's events.

In case you haven't seen the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij90Q92qnB4

Well, TBQH, the anime stuff is all non-canon.

Apparently, however, the movie will cover how he originally planned to end the manga. The manga itself will cover what the real story is.

IDR what CLAMP did, but Akamatsu has made references to both Love Hina and A.I. Love You in between his references to works that aren't his, though I don't see any Ground Defense Force! Mao-chan, Istudatte My Santa! or Hito Natsu no Kids Game references...

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1313897125' post='5458446']
Well, TBQH, the anime stuff is all non-canon.

Apparently, however, the movie will cover how he originally planned to end the manga. The manga itself will cover what the real story is.

IDR what CLAMP did, but Akamatsu has made references to both Love Hina and A.I. Love You in between his references to works that aren't his, though I don't see any Ground Defense Force! Mao-chan, Istudatte My Santa! or Hito Natsu no Kids Game references...
[/quote]

Well CLAMP developed a lot of seperate mangas on their own, since they are all part of the same publishing company, and you might know some of their works.
Magic Knights Rayearth
Tokyo Babylon
xxxHolic
Chobits

If none of those ring a bell these two should

Cardcaptor Sakura
Tsubasa

What they pretty much did with Tsubasa, their latest work, was just combine all of their previous works into a single one which you see all of the characters from the other stories and they even interact with said characters.
Like what Akamatsu-dono has done in Negima, but to a grander scale.

Archived