Card Maker Academy

[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center][img]http://www.iaza.com/work/110611C/iaza15504679129000.jpg[/img]
[/center][/center]

[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center][size=7]Welcome to YCM's Card Maker Academy![/size]
[/center][/center]

This Academy is here to teach people how to make cards on the forum to the highest possible standard! Only here will you get 100% accurate advice from our many teachers and myself, the Principal of the Academy! Here we will enrole new willing students and hone their individual skills. Everyone can make good cards, but not everyone knows how. We'll tell you! We'll evaluate cards you send here. We'll make you into perfect Card Makers!

Similar to GX, we have different dorms. Each dorm will have certain level, which will be determined by a entry card. Depending on that card's merits, you will be placed into Slifer (Osiris), Ra or Obelisk. As you improve, so will your dorm. Once you've proven yourself to be an experienced card maker, you'll gain the title of Academy Prefect.

Teachers can be any Level, as long as they are capable and efficient.

We're always willing to take on more staff and students, so please join! But don't forget to bring your entry card!

[spoiler='Current Staff']
[spoiler='Heads']
Principal - Max Darkness
Vice-Principal - Zextra
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='OCG Dept.']
[b]O[/b]fficial [b]C[/b]ard [b]G[/b]rammar, these teachers will help you tweak and tune your card effects so they look and sound realistic.

OCG Subject Leader - Mr Striker
OCG Teacher - Tristan T. Taylor
OCG Teacher - Future Paradise
OCG Teacher - AngryBird
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Balancing Dept.']
Balancing, making your cards fair. These guys will fix your cards and help you make them both fair and effective.

Balancing Subject Leader - .:Blu:.
Balancing Teacher - ◊Renji◊
Balancing Teacher - Maha Guns
Balancing Teacher - №1 cαя∂ яєνιєωєя

[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Creativity Dept.']
Teachers here will aid you with images, names; things to make your card LOOK realistic, and will judge how well you've used them.

Head of Creativity - Daemon
Creativity Teacher - Yankee
Creativity Teacher - Classic[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Current Students']
[spoiler='Slifer Red Students']
shadowserpent
funky99
gaaruto uchiha
Snyperfox2003
Lightning Bagon
Ace487
jorden133
shelds9
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Ra Yellow Students']
Kazooie
Matheus Mariano II
Thomas King
♪♫ SF-A2★Miki ♫♪
Inferno Knight LC
.:Åπimα FΩrmµlα:.
Nightwing the Dark Falcon
Blaze - God of Blastoise
No. 34 Terror-Byte
Neo-MasterX
Unownguy
Hunter of the Damned
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Obelisk Blue Students']
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=A Word from the Former Principle]It was a genius idea of mine to have come up with the Card Maker Academy, but I believe our top should run the roost, as I myself am still learning to become a Legendary Card Maker. One day I hope I reach the best Iof my abilities, but in the mean time, good bye my fellow...former teachers and students.

[b]- Kyng of Ice[/b][/spoiler]

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be applying for balancing subject leader:

[center][IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz46/wirespy/TenaciousKnightS-3.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[center][i]Lore: Once per turn: You can halve this card’s ATK until the End Phase; this card can attack your opponent directly this turn. When this card attacks your opponent directly while its ATK is halved by its own effect and your opponent activates a card effect during the Battle Step: You can discard 1 Level 5 or higher monster; negate the activation of the effect and destroy that card.[/i][/center]

[IMG]http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a425/dtwrules/IceBloodDragon.png[/IMG]
Once per turn, during your opponents battle phase, if this monster is selected as an attack target, negate the attack and that attacking monster cannot attack again, or activate its effect. During your next battle phase, if you select that monster as an attack target, destroy that monster without dealing battle damage, then destroy this card.

(i just made this and really like it XD)

[quote name='◊Renji◊' timestamp='1308792916' post='5304231']
Excellent job at winning the contest Max. I also congratulate Zextra for becoming Vice Principal. :) Surely, you two will be great heads. :D
[/quote]

Glad you think so.

[quote name='.:Blu:.' timestamp='1308794612' post='5304273']
I'll be applying for balancing subject leader:
[/quote]

Very well. Renji and Maha, you both have the choice to post a card of your own to apply for Balancing Head.

[quote name='Matheus Mariano II' timestamp='1308794737' post='5304277']
again, another club goes to Max :P

anyway, I hope the best for we all in CMA :)
[/quote]

I only have two clubs(!) And I inherited leadership of both.

@ DTWulrus: Pretty overpowered wouldn't you say? A Level 4 Dragon that can be Special Summoned with "Masked Dragon", and can completely lock down a monster with no cost. Also, the OCG is a little problematic. High Osiris.

Here's my application for the Balance subject leader

[color="#FF8C00"]Deepsea Empress[/color]
Level 5 / WATER / Aqua / Effect
ATK 2000/ DEF 1100

While you control a face-up "Umi": You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If you do: This card is destroyed during the End Phase. Once per turn: You can add 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard to your hand; discard 1 card randomly from your hand. When this card is destroyed, while you control a face-up "Umi": Select 1 Level 3 or lower WATER Tuner Monster from your Deck; Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. Its ATK is reduced to 0.

I wanna make it useful yet balance :D

I would also like to apply for Balance Leader. Here's my card:

[center][img]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2313/145730e.jpg[/img]

[b]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summon by banishing 1 face-up FIRE monster you control. Once per turn: You can Tribute a face-up monster you control; place 2 Inferno Counters(max.1) on face-up cards on the field. When a card with an Inferno Counter on it is targeted by a card effect; destroy it. When a monster you control is destroyed by battle: You can banish it; place 1 Inferno Counter on 1 face-up card on the field. When this card is destroyed: Remove all Inferno Counters on the field; your opponent must send cards on the top of their Deck to the Graveyard equal to the number of Inferno Counters removed.[/b][/center]

[spoiler= Manako- The Eye Colossus] [img]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/256/15394.jpg[/img] [/spoiler]

[spoiler= Lore] This card cannot be Special Summoned or Set. This card can only be Normal Summoned during Main Phase 2. During the End Phase of a turn that this card was Normal Summoned, pick up the top card of your opponent's Deck and reveal it to your opponent. If the card picked up is an Effect Monster, Special Summon it to your side of the field in Defense Position, then take damage equal to that monster's DEF. If the card picked up is a Spell or Trap Card, send it to the Graveyard. Banish this card during your opponent's Standby Phase. [/spoiler]

Sorry, I didn't feel like going through the stress of making an entirely new card for this.... Haha. I still have some old OCG in my card, so I apologize. But I suppose it's not too bad. I think it could have a little more balancing.

I don't mind being a teacher if I can't be a balance associate.

Archived