• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Daemon' timestamp='1309138261' post='5313429']
Crop the image needed.
Copy the effect.
Type in the name, ATK and DEF.

It is simple, I did it all the time.
Ra for me. Hate the name. and it doesn't feel dark to me.
[/quote]

Alright thanks. What attribute do you think it should be?

And do you have a better name?

[quote name='Daemon' timestamp='1309138945' post='5313458']
For the attribute. Dark does fit it, but I just had a different feeling. I don't know.
The name, just think of something that is not too generic. You are suppose.
And I would take out triggerer, completely non appealing.
[/quote]

Okay when I update the card I will give it a new name.

*starts to think of a new name*

EDIT: What do you think of Deceptus Detector?

Deceptus means Trap in Latin.

[quote name='◊Renji◊' timestamp='1309072844' post='5311453']
@Clair: Your card seems fairly broken. There is a plethora of very powerful monsters you can summon with it's effect. Plus, said powerful monster gains 400 ATK and it can't be targeted by Spells on the turn it's summoned. In balance terms, I believe it's Slifer.
[/quote]

Alrighty, I love the red dorm. ^^

Could you please list off some monsters that could be Summoned with card that would be considered broken, though? Just wondering. xD

Alright the card is done.

To do list:
[s]1. Change Name(recommended by: Daemon)[/s]
[s]2. OCG corrections(done by Mr. Striker)[/s]
[s]3. Slightly raise ATK/DEF(recommended by: Renji)[/s]
4.Find a cure for the common cold
(3 out of 4...not bad)

[img]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6398/traptriggerer.png[/img]
[color=#474747][font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=2]1 Warrior-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
As long as this card is face-up on your side of the field: Your opponent cannot activate any Trap Cards during your turn, except when this card is attacking. Once per turn: You can decrease the ATK of this card by 500 to negate the effect of 1 Trap Card that designates this card as a target. If 2 or more cards on your side of the field are designated by the effect of 1 Trap Card: You can banish this card from your field or Graveyard to negate the effect of the Trap Card and destroy it.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Mr. Striker' timestamp='1309142530' post='5313609']
Renji, if Clair's card is on page 6, can you quote it for me? It seems that malware is on that page at least for me since my computer is warning me not to go there.
[/quote]

My computer is warning me too. On both pages 5 and 6.

[quote name='Mr. Striker' timestamp='1309137215' post='5313396']
1 Warrior-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
As long as this card is face-up on your side of the field: Your opponent cannot activate any Trap Cards during your turn, except when this card is attacking. Once per turn: You can decrease the ATK of this card by 500 to negate the effect of 1 Trap Card that designates this card as a target. If 2 or more cards on your side of the field are designated by the effect of 1 Trap Card: You can banish this card from your field or Graveyard to negate the effect of the Trap Card and destroy it.
[/quote]

Right... So your opponent can't counter anything you do during your turn unless this card attacks... So if this doesn't attack, and you simply strike with your other monsters, your opponent's only hope is a "Shrink" or "Half Shut" and all of your effects are safe? In addition, it has a small cost to prevent itself from being targeted, and even after it's destroyed, it can negate a Trap effect by banishing itself.

Such an effect would only be balanced if it was offset by tricky Summoning Conditions. '1 Warrior-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters'. Oh dear. One step from generic, and Warriors have a habit of swarming the field. Add to that higher-than-average ATK and DEF, and we have a problem...

[quote name='Clair' timestamp='1309141296' post='5313565']
Alrighty, I love the red dorm. ^^

Could you please list off some monsters that could be Summoned with card that would be considered broken, though? Just wondering. xD
[/quote]

It depends on what the other Heads make of your OCG and 'Style' before you're put into a dorm.

[center][img]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3480/206253.jpg[/img][/center]

As for your card, it's not a case of breaking the monsters that are Summoned by it, but the fact it can set-up a plethora of seperate effects. For example, "Chaos" Decks fall into one or two types, the first being Vanilla Beatdown. This could throw a "Blue-Eyes" or "Tri-Horned" and instantly bring it back for 3200+ ATK, but more importantly, it could fulfill "Chaos Sorcerer's" Summoning Requirements if you can send another monster.

The second type of "Chaos" Decks rely more on lower-Levelled monsters that can mill their own Deck quickly. This plus "Armaggedon Knight" again could be an easy way to set up a "Chaos" monster or put enough DARK monsters in the Grave to Special Summon "Dark Armed Dragon", before reviving a powerful one to give you a pair of beatsticks.

My comment on "Fabled" Decks is another source of potential for this card. Because it discards the card, it can easily set up all of the "Fableds'" effects. And again, because it is high-Leveled and low in ATK, it can be brought back with low-level support. Another use would be not to use it to trigger "Cerburrel" or "Ganashia", but use it on "Dianaira", and Special Summon that back for 3200 ATK and a debilitating effect. The same applies for the "Dark World" monsters, especially their higher-Levelled members.

On the subject of Synchro Decks, this would be a gift to any modern Deck. "Dandylion" would be prime fodder for this, since it would give you a pair of tokens to use with "Quickdraw", and the ability to revive "Dandylion" to use with "Quickdraw", giving another pair of tokens. If you then Normal Summoned another Tuner, Levels 5 - 8 would be at your behest.

Tribute Decks too would like this, since it would be an easy way to get a two-tribute monster onto the field without too much difficulty, with the prospect of still pulling off a seperate Tribute Summon during the turn. Example, Summon this by discarding "Malicious Edge", bring it back; then Special Summon "Jester Confit" and Tribute for a "Monarch", removing your opponent's defenses.

That's why this card is broken. Not because its effect to increase the Summoned monster's ATK and protect from effects for a short time is broken; but because every single modern Deck could use it to fuel their effects. And since it is a DIVINE monster, it has no anti-Support.

Okay thanks for the constructive criticism. To make the card harder to summon I said you must have 2 or more non-Tuner monsters. Then I made the cost 1000 Life Points instead of the 500 ATK points. I lowered its ATK points to lower than its original and I made it so that the monster has to attack if able. How is it now?

[img]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6398/traptriggerer.png[/img]

1 Warrior-Type Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
As long as this card is face-up on your side of the field: Your opponent cannot activate any Trap Cards during your turn, except when this card is attacking. This card must attack if able. Once per turn: You can decrease your Life Points by 1000 to negate the effect of 1 Trap Card that designates this card as a target. If 2 or more cards on your side of the field are designated by the effect of 1 Trap Card: You can banish this card from your field or Graveyard to negate the effect of the Trap Card and destroy it.

I would like to join. I know I really need this

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9163/289079.jpg[/img]

Lore:
This monster cannot be targeted by the effects of Spells, Traps or monsters. If this card is selected as an Attack target, switch to one monster on your side of the field. Once per a turn, you may increase the DEF of one "Goblin" monster by 500 points. After you activate this effect, switch this card to Defence Position. While in Defence Position, this card's effects are negated

This monster cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card is targeted for an attack: [i]Switch the attack target to 1 monster on your side of the field.[/i] Once per a turn: You can increase the DEF of 1 "Goblin" monster by 500. After you activate this effect: [i]Switch this card to Defense Position.[/i] While in Defence Position: This card's effects are negated.

Italics are unsure wording. Everything else is in order.

[quote name='Mr. Striker' timestamp='1309210061' post='5315293']
This monster cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card is targeted for an attack: [b]Switch the attack target to another monster you control.[/b] Once per turn: You can increase the DEF of 1 "Goblin" monster by 500. If you activate this effect: [b]Change this card to face-up Defense Position.[/b] While in Defense Position: This card's effects are negated.
[/quote]

Although i have already applied to be a student, all the old teachers who graded me arent here. so heres my re-application. (yes i know stone dragon is in the tcg, im also using this card in the retrain that vanilla contest.)

[spoiler= Stone Dragon]
[img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8465/145789.jpg[/img]
LORE:This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Legend Set In Stone". You must also Tribute monsters whose total Level Stars equal 7 or more from the field or your hand. When a Rock-Type monster you control is targeted for an attack: Flip the attack target face-down. Any Battle Damage your opponent would receive is doubled.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Legend Set In Stone]
[img]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2407/145789w.jpg[/img]
LORE:This card is used to Ritual Summon "Stone Dragon". You must also Tribute monsters whose total Level Stars equal 7 or more from the field or your hand. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can return it to the Deck to add 1 Rock-Type Monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
[/spoiler]

Archived