Card Maker Academy

[quote name='Yankee' timestamp='1315202058' post='5493248']
Right...if I wish to be part of the staff (teacher), am I supposed to submit a card? Or is the fact that I'm...ya know, Yankee..enough? XD

No, seriously, do I have to post one of my cards?
[/quote]

You have to say which department you want to be apart of and submit a card.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balance or creativity...?
Idk, I can do them all >_>

One of my older, but better cards:
[center][center][img]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2327/11496d.jpg[/img]
[/center][/center]

[center][center][b]When this card is Normal Summoned, switch your Deck with your Graveyard. The original ATK of this card becomes the number of cards in your Deck x200. Once per turn, you may add the top card in your Graveyard to your hand. If you do, this card may not attack this turn. Any card this card destroys by battle is shuffled face-up into the owners' deck. When a player draws a face-up card, they gain 500 Life Points. [/b]
[/center][/center]

[center][center]And a good spell:[/center][/center]

[center][center][img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1678/11496.jpg[/img][/center][/center]

[center][center][b]Activate only when there are 15 or more cards in each player's Deck and each player controls 1 or more monsters. You cannot activate this card if you control more monsters than your opponent. You cannot declare an attack, or activate another Spell Card the turn this card is activated. When this card is activated, each player removes from play face-down the top 6 cards of their Deck. Monsters cannot attack players directly. Both players can only attack with 1 monster during their respective Battle Phases. When a monster attacks, if the attack target is not destroyed by battle, destroy the attacking monster. If a monster is attacked but not destroyed, it loses ATK if in Attack Position or DEF if in Defense Position equal to the ATK of the attacking monster. When a monster is destroyed by battle, its owner's opponent can randomly add 1 of their cards removed from play by this card's effect to their hand. If a player controls no monsters, they lose the duel. If a player moves all cards removed from play by this card's effect to their hand, they win the duel.[/b]

[/center][/center]

"Tiamat Dragon" would be more suited to EARTH or FIRE Attribute, given the picture and mythology. As for the effect, it's a bit too close to "Exchange of the Spirit" for my liking. Also, "Victory Battleground" is pretty broken; activate it and blow up your opponent's monster(s) with a Trap, and you win.

But they're creative, so to Creativity you go.

I want to become a student, here is my card:
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/hopregreatknight.png/"][img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5883/hopregreatknight.png[/img][/url]
[/center][/center]
[center][center][b]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned from your hand by returning 3 Warrior-type monsters you control to the Deck. While you have 3 or more Warrior-type monsters with different names in your Graveyard: You can return 1 Warrior-type monster you control to the Deck to banish all Warrior-type monsters in your Graveyard. This card gains 500 ATK for each Warrior-type monster banished (during your Battle Phase only). You can negate the activation of a Spell or Trap card by returning 1 Warrior-type monster banished to your Deck. During each of your End Phases, send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard.[/b]

[/center][/center]
[center][center][b]0 ATK/ 0 DEF[/b]

[/center][/center]

OCG fix: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by returning 3 Warrior-type monsters you control to the Deck. While you have 3 or more Warrior-type monsters with different names in your Graveyard: You can return 1 Warrior-type monster you control to the Deck; Banish all Warrior-type monsters in your Graveyard. This card gains 500 ATK for each Warrior-type monster banished by this effect (during your Battle Phase only). You can negate the activation of a Spell or Trap card by returning 1 banished Warrior-type monster to your Deck. During each of your End Phases: Send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard.

I see no flaws bar it being somewhat UP'd and OTK material only. There were very few OCG errors... High Ra. (Obelisk? I dunno, I'll let other teachers decide on what Obelisk standard should be.)

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/262683-the-ycm-academy-contest/"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/262683-the-ycm-academy-contest/[/url]

Thread is up. Start joining. The first round is using a floating deadline until everyone has joined, so the sooner you join, the more time you get. Good luck!

@ Touya: Accepted, and overall Ra. It's good OCG and quite a nice card, but it is let down by the fact it can't stop monster effects and is only a threat during your turn. It also doesn't generally help the Warrior-Type strategy.

@ DarkHeart: Yes, if we judge you to have improved enough while as a student you can become a teacher. As for the card, I will say Osiris due to the OCG errors and relative under-poweredness. Most modern Warrior Decks use Level 2 to 4 monsters since they are prime fodder for Level 5 through 8 Synchro Monsters and Rank 3 and 4 Exceed Monsters. This would have to first be put to the Graveyard before being Special Summoned, which is a lot of work when you could Summon out "Colossal Fighter" instead.

[b]OCG Fix:[/b] When this card destroys a LIGHT monster by battle: Gain Life Points equal to the ATK of that monster. If you control "Elven Warrior - Alesand": This card can attack twice in a row during your Battle Phase. If this card attacks directly: It cannot attack again during that Battle Phase.

EDIT: Can anyone have a look at this and see if my thoughts of it being slight overpowered are correct?
[center][center][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/29d6yw5.jpg[/img]

[b]Effect:[/b] 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Gemini Monsters
This card on the field and in Graveyard is treated as a Gemini Monster. When this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: You can select 1 Gemini monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. It is treated as an Effect Monster, and gains its effect. If this card is applied for a card effect that would Gemini Summon a monster OR have a Gemini Monster gain its effect(s): This card gains the following effect:
* This card inflicts Piercing Damage. When this card destroys a monster by battle: If you control another Gemini Monster; You can send 1 card on the field to the Graveyard.

[/center][/center]

@Touya: My associate Tristan already found your Card Grammar errors. I do not agree with the Ra placement however. Despite the small, minor errors, you did very well. Balance is your issue, as seen by your latest card in RC. From a Card Grammar aspect, Obelisk. From everything else, High Ra. I'll let Max ponder that.

@DarkHeart: I agree with your Osiris placement. You have a long way to go in Card Grammar. Balance is also an issue with you.

@ Touya - The image does seem to be LIGHT at first, but upon further investigation, the details (the red eyes along with the purple in the background) could serve to show DARK. As for the name, yeah, it's too much of a LIGHT-ish one, so that needs some work. As Tristan pointed out, it's slightly UP'ed (since you most likely will not have too any banished Warriors and therefore be able to be destroyed easily), but can fuel for OTKs - Level 8 would've made it Trade-Innable :P
Other than that, it looks ok, so High Ra from me.

I think we need a better way to determine rank.

[spoiler=Idea]
[spoiler=Scoring Guide]
Card Grammar: ?/10
Balance: ?/10
Creativity: ?/10
Total: ?/30[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rank Based on Individual Category]
Osiris: 0-5/10
Ra: 6-8/10
Obelisk: 9-10/10[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rank Based on Total]
Osiris: 0-15/30
Ra: 16-25/30
Obelisk: 26-30/30[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

This is just a thought.

@ Anyone: Can you look at this booster-style selection I've been working on? Any comments on any of the cards would be appreciated: [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/261769-md-advent-of-creation-73100-en062-a-new-staple/"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/261769-md-advent-of-creation-73100-en062-a-new-staple/[/url]

Archived