The Minecraft Club of YCM

Myst

Lol. Too much random stuff there. You should straighten the water a bit. I <3 that slide thingy, but pretty much, it's easy to do xD

I'm gonna post some screenshots of this lava thing I made just a moment ago :D

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1309976541' post='5332269']
I started playing multiplayer since YCM was down and I'm loving it!
[/quote]
Where are you playing? Are you hosting or going to a server? [s]I haven't tried Multiplayer yet, but I want too.[/s]

I don't think I can even make a server. It's a bit too complicated for me.

Finally, YCM's back on! It's pretty easy to make a server with Hamachi. But it's bad.

Anyways, I found a private beach, and basicially I made a railway to that spot. Oh, I also have a medium-sized land, for piston testing!

Also, here's my albums:

http://my.imageshack.us/my_gallery/

Choose the Minecraft album... for some random screenshots!

I'm making a Sky Fortress. For no reason.

It has like alittle entry spot on a cliff with a fence "gate" so it's a bit like a castle. Then you go through a door to a large building, which has three other doors. I haven't gotten any farther, but I'm going to use stairs and build up higher, so it really is a sky fortress.
And someday I'll replace my Wooden Planks with Stone. Someday. The effct will be epic.

Not showing any pictures because right now it looks crap.

[quote name='★ Takashi Komuro ★' timestamp='1310002155' post='5333608']
Finally, YCM's back on! It's pretty easy to make a server with Hamachi. But it's bad.

Anyways, I found a private beach, and basicially I made a railway to that spot. Oh, I also have a medium-sized land, for piston testing!

Also, here's my albums:

http://my.imageshack.us/my_gallery/

Choose the Minecraft album... for some random screenshots!
[/quote]
I have a rail system. It's in the sky. It leads from the top of one house to another, to a huge tower where I have a water ride, to a mountain with a house of mine, and to my cottage. I have to use levers to change direction though >.>

[quote name='★Wishing Star★' timestamp='1310002420' post='5333620']
I'm making a Sky Fortress. For no reason.

It has like alittle entry spot on a cliff with a fence "gate" so it's a bit like a castle. Then you go through a door to a large building, which has three other doors. I haven't gotten any farther, but I'm going to use stairs and build up higher, so it really is a sky fortress.
And someday I'll replace my Wooden Planks with Stone. Someday. The effct will be epic.

Not showing any pictures because right now it looks crap.
[/quote]
If you have alot of coal, you can always make Stone, since getting Cobble is easy. I'm never very decorative with my designs, but I do have a McDonalds. Basically, a huge Stone building and a sign made with Stone, and Yellow and Red Wool. Yeahz. I store my leftover food there.

Yeah, but I'd rather not waste my coal. I use enough to make my torches!

Mines gonna be wierd. But you just gave me an idea... hmmn McDonalds.....

Nah, I'll do Red Roster. More Chicken. Less Fat.

And Maybe I'll have a water slide leading from one of the platforms down the the ground.

And a crafting room.

And a farm

And a MOB room :D Maybe some tamed wolves and piggies and cows and chickens.

For the lulz.

Hehe. Just make a bed, so you can sleep through the night.

White wool all on second row, and wooden planks all on third row.

When I get back, I'll tell you something about "edits" in Hamachi. And you can edit the sun, moon, painting, blocks, the words on title, etc.

working on a Auto Mob Pitfall trap. Digging in the pitfall right now. It's about 40-45 blocks deep so no worries with the mob somehow surviving. I'm still thinking how I want the items to be collected though. Aside from the pitfall and figuring out how I'll collect the items, I just need to add the water to force the mobs into the pit but I'm saving that for last.

Mob traps are awesome. But I remember I was watching the vid right, and it was this really stupid Minecarft house. And the guy exploring it nearly fell inot a Human trap, basically a massive drop down onto solid rock. It was stupid. HUMAN TRAP

I've never made a mob trap- Never needed to, as I play on Peaceful.

Currently I'm trying to make sure I don't die if I fall off by placing waterfalls everywhere. But if I fall, I still die, so I'm trying to make a sort of lake to keep myself alive. When my Fortress expands further, this will be well needed, because it takes long enough as is to get back up. And if a die and respawn inside the fortress, I have to climb back down to pick up my items, then come back up. UGHUH.

Pistons can hold lava, so I made a tiny shack, with a pressure plate, and when you step on it.. KABOOM! Lava flowing everywhere.. There's TNT inside and redstone goes to the pistons. They release the lava, into the TNT, and blows up. Also I covered the entrance with a little dirt, so you can't see the TNT and lava. Hehehe, me so cruel.

[quote name='★Wishing Star★' timestamp='1310011719' post='5334091']
Mob traps are awesome. But I remember I was watching the vid right, and it was this really stupid Minecarft house. And the guy exploring it nearly fell inot a Human trap, basically a massive drop down onto solid rock. It was stupid. HUMAN TRAP

I've never made a mob trap- Never needed to, as I play on Peaceful.

Currently I'm trying to make sure I don't die if I fall off by placing waterfalls everywhere. But if I fall, I still die, so I'm trying to make a sort of lake to keep myself alive. When my Fortress expands further, this will be well needed, because it takes long enough as is to get back up. And if a die and respawn inside the fortress, I have to climb back down to pick up my items, then come back up. UGHUH.
[/quote]

Why not make a water break instead? Thats what I'm going to do for fast travel to the bottom of my pitfall when it's near completion. I'm going to combine it with ladders so I can get back up and have a fast way down all in one package.

Username: Cindy
Do you play Minecraft?: Yes.
If so, what's your Minecraft username?: I would tell you, but that is valuable information, and I have put it in a file named Secret. If you look inside this file, the world could explode.
How good are you in Minecraft?:Expert, I've made 3 Custom Maps with 23K+ DLs total I keep anon between the two forums kthnx.
Why do you want to join this club?: I can has fun tiems
Any other info you want to add (optional): No.

Thought that I'd post this screenshot:
[img]http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/523/20110704082805.png[/img]

For some reason, cows seem to like my automatic cobblestone generator and ride it around. Annoyingly enough, an animal on the cart doesn't make it work right so I repeatedly have to check. I have had 14 cows stuck in it already, and 17 pieces of leather

Here is a basic trap from the wiki, might take a while, but can give unlimited bones/arrows/feathers

[font=sans-serif][size=2]
[b][url="http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Zombie"]Zombie[/url]/[url="http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Skeleton"]Skeleton[/url] Drowning trap[/b]
This trap is very simple to make and very effective. The zombie/skeleton will fall into a "drowning area" and the items dropped by it will be collected in a central collection point.

To start the construction, first dig three layers down in the dungeon. Next, one layer up from the bottom dig a slot all along the back of the trap. On the opposite side, dig three layers down and one block back from that dig one layer down.

To start the collection room, make sure the trap is five blocks wide; this will allow for a central collection point. Dig a 5x7x3 room, put a glass floor above the spawner to make a place to walk on and to stop mobs from spawning on the floor. Then, build a stairway from the room to the floor above the spawner, then put a glass wall the next block space from the three deep layer. Leave a space filled with a ladder for a temporary access point. Then put water in the slots at the back of the trap and above the 3 deep spaces with a 5x5 square in the bottom room (this will keep the water from flooding the room). Then put water in the four corners of the box. Remove all torches (if any) and fill in the gap in the glass. The trap is done! Now you can get infinite items (Problem, poverty?).

Optional but useful: Put a large chest and an infinite spring of water in the back of the room while building.

[/size][/font]

Died so many times today making the pitfall for my mob trap. The pitfall it self is done but I'm making a safer means to get to the bottom.

Heres the pitfall. First is where it starts and the second is the bottom

[spoiler][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/280v0k7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2hfs9cj.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Wow. That's some pitfall.

That was in a ouTube vid as well! Not that, per se, but a pitfall quite similar. The guy filming nearly fell in and was like "Why would you do this? WHY?"

Main diff was there was lava at the bottom. A human mob trap. Useful for creeper mod. Not so much for safety.

[quote name='★Wishing Star★' timestamp='1310093896' post='5337070']
Wow. That's some pitfall.

That was in a ouTube vid as well! Not that, per se, but a pitfall quite similar. The guy filming nearly fell in and was like "Why would you do this? WHY?"

Main diff was there was lava at the bottom. A human mob trap. Useful for creeper mod. Not so much for safety.
[/quote]

That sounds cool, though not sure on the lava though sense the fall itself should kill you or a mob. Was it shorter then mine? Cause just being half way kills me if I fall :\

it was shorter. Because you could actually see the bottom.

I THINK there was lava. I know one place had lava, but I don't remember if it was the pitfal or not.

Also, I've been researching cool way to hide you house from mobs and creepers and stuff. Not neccessarily spiders, because they'd probably spawn in your house.

But this vid someone did, they had just one block of lava above a ladder. Under that ladder, a block of water, then more ladders. The theory behind it was you jump inot the lava, and when you fall through your lava burn is doused by the water and you drop into your base. Because who would jump into lava, really?I just found even more caverns. Damn this place is cavernous. Theres the big cavern network under my house, then theres this just a few Minecraft metres or so from the enterance to the W.I.P Sky Fortress.

[quote name='★Wishing Star★' timestamp='1310095278' post='5337120']
it was shorter. Because you could actually see the bottom.

I THINK there was lava. I know one place had lava, but I don't remember if it was the pitfal or not.

Also, I've been researching cool way to hide you house from mobs and creepers and stuff. Not neccessarily spiders, because they'd probably spawn in your house.

But this vid someone did, they had just one block of lava above a ladder. Under that ladder, a block of water, then more ladders. The theory behind it was you jump inot the lava, and when you fall through your lava burn is doused by the water and you drop into your base. Because who would jump into lava, really?I just found even more caverns. Damn this place is cavernous. Theres the big cavern network under my house, then theres this just a few Minecraft metres or so from the enterance to the W.I.P Sky Fortress.
[/quote]

O.o Wow Lava then Water. Now that is an epicly genius Idea. I might try that some time when I start turning my basic assortment of caves that which I live in into a base. Though if I do that I'm going to use more for a treasure vault then anything else.

Archived