The Video Game Music Station ~ UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! AGAIN! MODS LOCK! 82 SONGS!

---------------

[DV]

Words cannot properly describe how spectacular the soundtrack of SotC is, in particular this piece,

though I will attempt to do so for the purpose of this thread and forgive me if this becomes incredibly long.

We have all heard and almost come to expect the high energy themes for the final boss fights in games by now that more or less are meant to empower you, to pump you for the final showdown of the game.

This is not the case with Shadow of the Colossus as the music instead takes this opportunity to make you question why you are doing this and the will to go through with it comes from an genius emotional build up that won't be mentioned here in detail since it is not the right section.

Starting out with, and keeping, a very calm and almost tragic theme through the song due to a perfect mix of what I think are violins, a choir, organ, and what I would say sound like a church bell, along with several instruments I currently fail at naming or at least recognizing, Demise of the Ritual almost seems like a lament for the monster Wander has become on his quest to resurrect the girl Mono, only being driven forward by the mysterious Dormin that if you kill 16 colossi (pardon me if it's the incorrect noun as my native language is not English) that roams the area, he will bring her back from the dead.

This track makes you question him, this track makes you question all that you have done to this point as the fight and song grows to it's climax.

The 16 colossi that you have to defeat have done nothing wrong and, even while you try to kill them, only one of them tries to actually kill you,

along with Wander appearing more and more twisted along the way.

The colossi of this land do not deserve, nor should they, to be put down, and as you begin the final fight against Malus, the most human looking and sounding of the colossi, they lament what is about to happen in this song.

Dormin is not someone to trust.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Professor Kokonoe

[burst Into Tears, I chess]

Vocals sound like something from MGS and the lyrics are just wow. Besides, the fight in which this plays just makes it so... wow.

[WCA]

Radiant Historia - The Edge of Green

Radiant Historia - The Red Locus

Radiant Historia - An Earnest Desire of Grey

Just shedding some light on some obscure games with great music :3 For some reason it keeps glitching and I can't upload the final boss music for fossil fighters, but oh well.

Also, since no one has posted it already:

[bIT]

Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time

Requesting lock of this thread until further notice from the owner, he's been offline for far too long and he doesn't to this threads job. He accepted something that requires nothing more than 2 min of responsibility. Promise , promise and more promises from the owner that he would update the thoughts of the posters , yet he still delays for weeks even months.

Requesting lock of this thread until further notice from the owner, he's been offline for far too long and he doesn't to this threads job. He accepted something that requires nothing more than 2 min of responsibility. Promise , promise and more promises from the owner that he would update the thoughts of the posters , yet he still delays for weeks even months.

I'm just going to go ahead and make the new thread. I'm not going to wait. Even if he does come back, I don't like the way he's running it. =/

I might give it over to Twig, but it's not like I don't care anymore. It's hard running this when I've got so many other things to handle.

Just, let me think about it.

Updating now, please wait...

Updated. Happy?!

My personal favourite this time around was Kaine Salvation from the NieR soundtrack. Won a rep, Xenogears did.

Archived