The Video Game Music Station ~ UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! AGAIN! MODS LOCK! 82 SONGS!

---------------

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cut him some slack. Maintaining a thread like this is hard work. And everyone posting more VGMs constantly isn't really helping.

The thread wasn't active through periods via 4-day increments before someone posts in it. I don't mean to sound rude, but might 4-day increments be enough time to check the VGMs posted since last update and then update?

Well I didn't see this posted, so you either didn't think much of it, or just missed it. So...:

Life is Beautiful from Deadly Premonitions

It may not seem like anything special if you just listen to it straight up. But in the game it is quite possibly the best song ever heard in a video game. Find anyone who has ever played the game and even they can attest to that. But, to explain to you why that is is not just a spoiler, it's so BIG of a spoiler that it's a crime to even mention it.

[spoiler=Well paint me a criminal][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=I'm telling you, it's a spoiler][spoiler=Fine]This song is played first during the first breakfast of the game. Being a survival horror and mystery game, the scene is very lighthearted and therefore the music appears to be right in place. But as the song goes on, it starts to get louder and louder. Eventually you can hardly hear what the characters are talking about. That's the brilliance of the song, and what makes it so good. It's also part of what made Deadly Premonitions GAME OF THE YEAR as rated by Game Critic and others.

Don't believe me?

pls. Only 1 Okami track? Also, I'm a DV addict from the previous VGMSes.

[DV] Okami - Twin Devils Moshirechik and Kotanechik's Extermination

Sexy, dramatic boss theme? yespls. Howls, wind and random clockwork sounds set along to the sound of a rich and deep eastern orchestral movement gives real emotive drama to the fight you are fighting. Which is against some random owls. Owls are always scary. Anyway, one of the best fights in the whole game surely deserves one of the best soundtracks too? Syncopated, accented noise and simple eastern percussion with flutes piping out their tunes; dulcimer-like instruments tapping out their melodies in time with the flutes. Shamisens pinging their notes out. Every so often is that classic whirly breath sound made on a flute which is heard in most of the Okami tracks. Not to mention the random strings kicking in to give you a proper slap on the back. It's a track with crazy split-personality disorder. It makes the most climatic of music soft and beautiful while making gentle xylophones and flutes sounds like slightly psychotic murderers. Yes, that was a metaphor there. Only true musical geniuses could make such beauty out of...very exotic chaos basically.

Undeniably, the best overworld mix of The Sun Rises in the game. Puts a great twist on the song >

Personal favourite from the PBR soundtrack > [GM] Pokémon Battle Revolution - Stargazer Colosseum Theme

Umm, it's just good. 8-bit goodness pls >

Classical music in good video games. nowai! >

By far one of the greatest OST tracks evar > [GM] Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy

Heart-wrenching really. I could have posted the non-lyric version but there are so little in VV > [VV] Okami - Reset

2 Songs from r00nskayp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHPRpVwr9NA&feature=related

Runescape - Inadequacy - Vs Nightmare Creature Inadequacy

Read the top comment:

You're against a monster many times stronger than you, a being that represents a feeling everyone has encountered at least once in their lifetime: a fear of being inadequate. This theme makes you wonder "can I beat this thing?" with its soft tone as you literally face inadequacy incarnate.

You're also robbed of your ability to use prayers, which makes you feel even more inadequate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clS8V4SF4NY&feature=related

RuneScape - But we can fight(Vs Bandos's Avatar)

Archived