YCM Legends Tournament - November 2011 [Congratulations to Olly Problem!]

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The judge (me) didn't notice. The players didn't notice.

There was a coverage match for a YCS where the "Catastor vs Obelisk" ruling was incorrect (Catastor doesn't target), but they didn't replay the match despite the coverage noting the ruling was later ruled to be wrong, and the correct ruling would have drastically changed the outcome.

As far as I can tell from my coverage notes (Mike's hand was revealed by Dustshoot a turn or turn prior, and Mike's bounced f/d monster was revealed as a Shine Ball), it was still anyone's game if Brandon went for Scrap Dragon instead of Scrap Dragon and used the Token as fodder for its effect.

It was an accident, not cheating, as far as I can tell. So I'm not going to invalidate the game.

The judge (me) didn't notice. The players didn't notice.

There was a coverage match for a YCS where the "Catastor vs Obelisk" ruling was incorrect (Catastor doesn't target), but they didn't replay the match despite the coverage noting the ruling was later ruled to be wrong, and the correct ruling would have drastically changed the outcome.

As far as I can tell from my coverage notes (Mike's hand was revealed by Dustshoot a turn or turn prior, and Mike's bounced f/d monster was revealed as a Shine Ball), it was still anyone's game if Brandon went for Scrap Dragon instead of Scrap Dragon and used the Token as fodder for its effect.

It was an accident, not cheating, as far as I can tell. So I'm not going to invalidate the game.

Brionac for game.

Archived