What is your view on politics?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. US Political Party?

• Republican
    • Democrat
    • Tea Party
    • Other

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1320851569' post='5628311']
In Canada we also have election, but it's a very different system. We elect a House of Commons and then the House of Commons elects a Cabinet. Imagine it like the Senate elect the President.
[/quote]

Interesting. That sounds like a good idea for this system once we get more members.

I do agree that the unemployment rate sucks right now. However, that is not entirely Obama's fault. Obama has tried many times to ease that burden, including his recent bill to stimulate job growth, but the GOP has always been there to filibuster it in the Senate and block it in the House. Same for taxes, I believe taxes for the rich should be increased, Most of the rich agrees as well, yet Republicans block anything and everything that has the effect of raising taxes [b][i][u]on anybody[/u][/i][/b]. That creates the problem of the Government not being able to have the funds it needs to function properly, as we have seen with the debt-crisis.

[quote name='Mr. Striker' timestamp='1320885671' post='5629394']
I do agree that the unemployment rate sucks right now. However, that is not entirely Obama's fault. Obama has tried many times to ease that burden, including his recent bill to stimulate job growth, but the GOP has always been there to filibuster it in the Senate and block it in the House. Same for taxes, I believe taxes for the rich should be increased, Most of the rich agrees as well, yet Republicans block anything and everything that has the effect of raising taxes [b][i][u]on anybody[/u][/i][/b]. That creates the problem of the Government not being able to have the funds it needs to function properly, as we have seen with the debt-crisis.
[/quote]

Just like we discussed in Government class. The taxes on the high income people need to be increased while the income tax on the low income people needs to be decreased, and if rich people support the idea, then what's stopping the government? If they're afraid of raising hell for high taxes, then they shouldn't have started a war.

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1320886189' post='5629420']
Just like we discussed in Government class. The taxes on the high income people need to be increased while the income tax on the low income people needs to be decreased, and if rich people support the idea, then what's stopping the government? If they're afraid of raising hell for high taxes, then they shouldn't have started a war.
[/quote]

I honestly think the tax cuts under Bush should only stay for the Middle and Lower Class. The tax cuts for the rich should return to the way they were. Republicans only want the taxes low so that the rich can invest into the economy; however, the rich, mainly corporations, have a surplus of money that they stash away.

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1320894052' post='5629932']
I don't think any taxes in the US can afford to be decreased at this point. When you have $14 000 000 000 the only real way out is raising taxes AND lowering services.

Also, on a side note, the poll seems misleading, having libertarian and liberal under the same option.
[/quote]

I blame credit cards for this whole mess. Credit cards and the option of home loans that can't be paid.

People can be such pigs.

Not really.

The American economy is result of a terribly run rightist economy. Not only was the country capricious and foolhardy but it had no control of its own economy because the government was too weak. This is not to say a small government is negative, it's just that the country was not able to cooperate.

An example of how flawed the patriotic superpower is. Even Britannia was a better superpower.

[quote name='Hinagiku Katsura' timestamp='1320895918' post='5630033']
Not really.

The American economy is result of a terribly run rightist economy. Not only was the country capricious and foolhardy but it had no control of its own economy because the government was too weak. This is not to say a small government is negative, it's just that the country was not able to cooperate.

An example of how flawed the patriotic superpower is. Even Britannia was a better superpower.
[/quote]

Well then this country needs to move economic power to the left, because at this point, the government has no hope of recovering without public opinion.

btw BUMP!

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1320966159' post='5631572']
Well then this country needs to move economic power to the left, because at this point, the government has no hope of recovering without public opinion.

btw BUMP!
[/quote]

Considering how prudish the Americans have been shown to be with taxes and how, in order to go from right to left would require whole new elections where over half that population would be in favor of what their stubborn, capitalist would be willing to cooperate, this ideal nearly becomes an impossibility. You'd have to be incredibly optomistic to expect such an ignorant group to do so well.

It overcompensated and had been bestowed what it deserved. Whether or not it returns, it still shows how blind the demography is.

Agreed. Now all we need to do is raise taxes of the rich upon their request. Also, we need to wrap up the process of training camps in the Middle East and bring back our soldiers. The longer they are there, the more money comes out of our paid taxes.

Once the Middle East is no longer a concern, my guess is that oil won't be in such high demand and the prices will decrease, decreasing our gas prices as well.

I'm not an expert, so bear with me.

BTW: We only have 5 members. If we can get more, we can run elections for leaders. We will wait until it fills up more for Senate elections. My hope is to get at least 3 more. Sig?

[quote name='Christian Exodia' timestamp='1321132105' post='5635465']
So I see i'm the only Republican(At least who cares about the poll) so far. I'm just getting my first real tastes of Politics, and loving it.
[/quote]

Politics is fun, but it gets bias very fast. That is why democracy is an important factor. You need all the viewpoints you can get in order to come up with a final solution. But being republican isn't bad either, because that way were focused on the economy and national justice that this country needs, badly.

Just my 2 cents, but I still have a load of change burning a hole in my pockets.

Archived