Thar

What is your view on politics?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. US Political Party?

• Republican
    • Democrat
    • Tea Party
    • Other

[center][color=#0000ff][font=comic sans ms,cursive][u][b][size=7]Y C M[/size][/b][/u][/font][/color][img]http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolitics/images/republicanparty03.gif[/img][u][color=#FF0000][b][size=7]R [/size][/b][/color][/u][u][color=#FF0000][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][size=7]E P U B L I C[/size][/b][/font][/color][/u][/center]

[spoiler=Rules]
1. All YCM rules apply.
2. As creator, I have supreme control.
3. Keep all debates as non-bias as possible unless you're expressing an opinion.
4. Keep tangents to a minimum unless a separate part of the post is on topic.
5. Rule-breaking of any kind > Warning > Banning > Reporting
6. All are equal here. No judgement is allowed.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=App]
Username:
Political party:
Political views:
Favorite US President:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Leaders]
~Founder and co-founders. Have the power to accept and ban members as well as vetoing new rules and impeachment queries.

[b]President[/b] [i](in charge of Leaders and thread.)[/i] - Brothar
[b]V. President[/b] [i](in charge of Senate and thread in President's absence.)[/i] - Welche
[b]Speaker of the House[/b] [i](in charge of House of Representatives.)[/i] - Mr. Striker
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Senate]
~Major members. Have power to pass new rules to Leaders or give back new rules as well as banning other users or even one of the leaders through debate. Can also be promoted to leader and demote Senate members or be demoted by Leaders to House of Representatives based on behavior.

Daemon
Hinagiku Katsura
Christian Exodia
-
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=House of Representatives]
~All other members. Have power to come up with new rules through debate and submit it to Senate for further ado. Can also be promoted to Senate based on behavior.

-
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Current debates / Club Events]
-
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Disclaimer]
I solemnly swear that I am not in any way proficient in politics, therefore I hereby disclaim the title of YCMaker's official political leader in creation of this thread. All posts that I or any other member makes regarding debates are personal opinions unless discussed in a matter of fact and logistics. As leader, both I and my team of congress members will keep order running in this club; so help me YCMaker.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Confession]
This thread is in development. If I have something wrong with the system or something just doesn't seem right, tell me. Thank you.
[/spoiler]

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1320817937' post='5628003']
But it's against the pledge!
[/quote]

It's not a pledge. It's a disclaimer saying that I, Brothar, President of the YCM Republic, disclaim that said title to avoid being mistaken for a political genius.

If it needs changing, do tell how it should be changed.

@Hinagiku: Undoubtedly, considering a good percentage were Democrat. But we discuss politics here, so only current events are the focus. So yeah.

Username: Striker
Political Party: Moderate
Political View: Government should tax the rich more, spend money on welfare, and regulate the economy. It should also regulate abortion and define the basis for marriage. Basically, socially conservative and fiscally liberal.
Favorite US Presidest: FDR.

[quote name='Hinagiku Katsura' timestamp='1320818552' post='5628023']
The point is that the application asks for a favorite American president when I have no knowledge on them.

I'm fine dicussing contemporary matters, though. Politics aren't bad, either.
[/quote]

Then feel free to fill out an application.

[quote name='Mr. Striker' timestamp='1320818519' post='5628022']
Brothar, I am disappoint. No elections?
[/quote]

There will be elections once we get more members. Be patient.

@DD: Accepted. First Senate member. Congrats! ^_^

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1320818842' post='5628031']
So we get to discuss politics? Awesome seeing as I'm interested in Political Science.
[/quote]

Welcome to the club. We will be discussing politics as well as current events, international affairs, economics, etc. We might do debates if the topic becomes appropriate to the situation at hand.

[quote name='Hinagiku Katsura' timestamp='1320818953' post='5628034']
Where everybody else has an IQ below one-hundred, ignoring the puny credibility of IQ as a measurement of intelligence.
[/quote]

That seems to be the way it works to other people, but seeing as we are debaters here, opinions should be labeled to avoid separation of powers, if you know what I mean.

Also, have you filled out an app yet? If not you should. Regardless, I'm putting you down as Senate unless you refuse.

Username: Hinagiku Katsura

Political Party: Libertarian Party of "country" (Or whatever Liberal)

Political View: Socially and economically free though a slight Liberal twist isn't so negative. Absolutely socially free and barely economically controlled but only so little as to offer various social services, were reality recognized by my desire.

Fully anti-authoritarian as well. Hierarchy broke Britain.

Favorite US President: ---

Yes I do approve of our liberal standards, but I still am not happy with how Obama is dealing with things. He promised a better economy, yet he started another war, and even though it ended with Gaddafi surrendering and later killed, our economy still lingers in oblivion.

My unemployment is the issue on this situation. Without a good and balanced economy, there are few jobs, and with few jobs, the odds of me getting hired anywhere is deathly slim.

Archived