Swinging Spring Scales

[center][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111023133138/yugioh/images/0/07/SwingingSpringScalesORCS-JP.jpg[/img]
[b]Target 2 "Wind-Up" monsters you control with different Levels; your opponent chooses 1 of them, and you change the other monster's Level into the chosen monster's Level, until the End Phase. If your opponent chooses the monster with a lower Level, draw 1 card.[/b]

Card's pretty cute. Basically, your opponent has to pick one of lesser evils, as each possible Rank you can summon in Wind-Ups has something dangerous. They either let you go Volcassaurus, or Utopia/Chain and draw a card. I'm not sure how well would this card work actually, but in theory, it seems pretty good. And before someone says it's a -1, Wind-Ups pull out massive plusses easily, so yeah, argument dismissed. Plus, the Xyz you summon thanks to this should make up.[/center]

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1320849556' post='5628258']
Actually seems like an interesting tech.
[/quote]
Well, granted you play level-modificating Wind-Ups that is. Like, my build plays only Rat and Hunter, so this would be pretty useless there, but it could be very nice in standard Wind-Up decks. Will have to test though, as I said, pure theory.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1320849669' post='5628261']
Have Dog + Hunter

Choice 1: Boat Rush and a draw
Choice 2: Volca

... Seems obvious o.o
[/quote]
As I said, it's just a lesser evil, no? I mean, you don't f*** around with Volcassaurus or Tiras.

[quote name='-Makoto-' timestamp='1320849631' post='5628259']
Well, granted you play level-modificating Wind-Ups that is. Like, my build plays only Rat and Hunter, so this would be pretty useless there, but it could be very nice in standard Wind-Up decks. Will have to test though, as I said, pure theory.
[/quote]

Yeh, of course.

Seems kind of interesting, especially when it's basically Zenmaighty loop with a draw, or Volcasaurus. Shame that it'll almost always be the latter, which makes it...Good either way. But tbh, needs testing to be sure.

[quote name='Bob the Rainicorn' timestamp='1320850085' post='5628276']
I rather make more Zenmaighty
[/quote]
Let's guys assume that you have a Level 5 and 4 on field, not Level 3 and 5. In second situation, it's pretty straightforward, I mean, why don't go into Zenmaighty? But in first case, which could be pretty common too while using Magician and Warrior/Soldier, card seems pretty nice.

[quote name='Bob the Rainicorn' timestamp='1320850849' post='5628290']
people still use soldier?

you remind me of the guys who go to my locals.
[/quote]
I don't. I'm sitll inclined that build running only Rat and Hunter (based around Zenmaighty loop) is the best. But, the standard one is less boring. But, on the other hand, less effective too.

[quote name='Bob the Rainicorn' timestamp='1320851015' post='5628296']
so you're encouraging others to be less efficient?

you sound like my locals
[/quote]
I keep saying it's a pure theory and I'm not sure if this even works, geez. Zenmaighty loop is obviously the best variant. And no, I'm encouraging a thing called creativity. But, let's face it, it doesn't really work in Yu-Gi-Oh.

[quote name='Bob the Rainicorn' timestamp='1320851648' post='5628313']
with a defined card pool, there is no creativity, simply discovery and ingenuity. and ingenuity > discovery.
[/quote]
[quote name='-Makoto-' timestamp='1320852416' post='5628334']
Eh, guess I used the wrong word then. Thanks for correction.
[/quote]
You didn't. He's just a bit of a nutcase. Don't tell him I said that, though.

I run bad Wind-Ups with Soldier, etc. because I haven't seen the other kind. It's still a blast to play and generates massive +'s. I doubt there's space for this, although it does seem fun.

If you're saying creativety doesn't exist, I just made Kuriboh Heros. On TF5. That sides into Montage Dragon.dek. Having a limited cardpool doesn't mean it doesn't exist, because you discover stuff by being creative.

If you're saying creativety is inconsistent, I agree 110 percent.

OT: Seems pro in my eyes. I would run 1-2 at least.

Archived