Number 96: Black Mist

[center][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111017162327/yugioh/images/thumb/7/78/Number96BlackMistORCS-JP.jpg/300px-Number96BlackMistORCS-JP.jpg[/img]
[b]3 Level 2 monsters
When an attack is declared that has this card battle an opponent's monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; halve the ATK of that monster your opponent controls, and this card gain the same amount of ATK.[/b]

So, it's generic like people wanted. Not that I would go this over Gachi Gachi or Daigusto Phoenix in most cases, but I guess it's still nice to have a copy if you can actually pull it off. But, I guess it does run over everything spare Shooting Star and Red Nova (to be honest, nothing runs over them.)[/center]

[center][quote name='-Makoto-' timestamp='1320849535' post='5628257']
So, it's generic like people wanted. Not that I would go this over Gachi Gachi or Daigusto Phoenix in most cases, but I guess it's still nice to have a copy if you can actually pull it off. But, I guess it does run over everything spare Shooting Star and Red Nova (to be honest, nothing runs over them.)[/center]
[/quote]

You forgot Galaxy-Eyes. Nothing runs over it, either :3

Being generic opens a lot of possibilities, but Gachi Gachi is still better.

Good, that answered my questions regarding when the effect can be used. It's a Trigger Effect, just like Utopia.

But now that's interesting, because Utopia and this have the same timing and are both Trigger Effects. They could technically activate on the same chain.

The ATK boost being permanent is epic.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1320859655' post='5628507']
Good, that answered my questions regarding when the effect can be used. It's a Trigger Effect, just like Utopia.

But now that's interesting, because Utopia and this have the same timing and are both Trigger Effects. They could technically activate on the same chain.

The ATK boost being permanent is epic.
[/quote]
Um...if they're the same kind of trigger effects, wouldn't you not be able to chain this? Like how you can't chain Utopia to D-Prison?

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1320859939' post='5628510']
Um...if they're the same kind of trigger effects, wouldn't you not be able to chain this? Like how you can't chain Utopia to D-Prison?
[/quote]

That's what I'm trying to determine. Trigger Effects that activate at the same timing (examples: Tanngrisnir and Tanngnostr can chain together because they can both be activated when a monster, specifically Tanngrisnir, is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard) can activate on a chain, even though as Trigger Effects, they're both Spell Speed 1.

The reason Utopia can't chain to D-Prison is because Trigger Effects are Spell Speed 1 and can't chain to the Spell Speed 2 D-Prison. Because declaring an attack doesn't start a chain, Turn Player has priority to activate Utopia/Black Mist's effect as Chain Link 1. The last thing to resolve was still an attack being declared, so Utopia/Black Mist's Trigger Effect should still be legal to activate.

[quote name='-Tsubaki-' timestamp='1320864173' post='5628599']
This card is the driver of my rape train. <3 it, it's such an amazing card. Takes so many resources to blow up, seeing as how the opponent can nearly never run over it.
[/quote]

Except it doesn't. Any removal gets rid of it. But it's a cool card nonetheless.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1320864619' post='5628614']
They didn't have Hand, or options to create Brio, Black Rose, Scrap Dragon, or Trishula?

Then touche.
[/quote]

I can't remember what happened to my Black Mist, but if you're doing it right... This will nearly never get touched. My field was Rai-Oh and Dark Mist, with his Shi En being on 1250 and some other thing which I can't remember.

I run 3 of this in my Inferno Tempest (blame the lack of Rank 2s in general). After the Tempest goes through, I set Waboku/Roar/Ruler and bring all 3 of my Scout Planes to the field. Then I can just Xyz into this and knock down what little amount of monsters they have left. And gaining 1500 ATK from "their" Grinder Golem is always a plus.

Archived