So I'd like to get better at this game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My advice is to not be afraid to use "good" cards.
I see so many people out there refuse to use Synchros or Xyz because they "aren't real Yu-Gi-Oh!".
The fact is, they are.
The meta has become so corrupted that you can't take the moral highroad, if you want to be competitive, you have to meet the meta head on with your own cheap #$%^&.

Oh, and read the Q&A Thread a lot. It will help you.

Saw it mentioned earlier that focusing on one deck at a time is better than 3 or 4 (cba to check who since I'm on my iPod) but this isn't strictly true. As I mentioned before I prefer variety, an of course this depends on how much you like it, but I found that trying to get numerous decks to work at around the same time also helps, it prevents boredom from testing the same deck style over and over, and a realisation in one deck may help another, it also helps with building a side deck quicker, since you also gain an understanding of how the other deck(s) work.

[quote name='-Makoto-' timestamp='1321189169' post='5637159']
Archfiend, it's really better to focus on one deck at time. If you feel you're good enough with it, move to another one. Don't take care of 3-4 at once.
[/quote]

I'm not saying that you need to play with all different decks all at one time, but you need to be able to know what each deck does so you know how to counter it. I lost 1 game in a match to Amazoness because I didn't know what their style was about so I didn't know how to play against them. Also knowing other decks makes it easy to make a side deck that counters them, and side-decking is one of the most important parts of a match.

[quote name='::Archfiend::' timestamp='1321189087' post='5637154']
Before, this would have just been trolled like hell, but constructive advice has actually been given. I'm bored of this sensibleness.
[/quote]

This time is different. Now we are helping a favorite member.

OT:
To not look stupid in the forums, think very well before posting, even if your post is made as a question. If you are not really sure about something, sometimes is better just to not post. Don't be afraid of going to the Q&A thread.
To improve in the game, well, I suppose both practice and theory are needed. Look at already solid builds, but don't forget to consider some more obscure techs. Look at each card and consider why it is or isn't good in that deck.
Personally, most of my builds come like this:
[img]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/Envoy_of_Infinity/002-Newton.jpg[/img]

Personal opinion: Change all your Blazblue references to Killer Instinct ones...

Archived