Xyz vs. Synchros  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will Xyz ever surpass Synchros?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole Zexal Saga's still got a ways to go, I reckon that eventually Synchros'll have to give way if they haven't already. I really have no clue about how they've done so far as I've made little to no attempt to follow what's going on this format. I just assumed that it'd be pretty bad considering the whole unbanning of BLS-Envoy thing. I do remember them looking pretty rad with Gadgets and stuff.

[quote name='~ P O L A R I S ~' timestamp='1321223493' post='5638743']
This whole Zexal Saga's still got a ways to go, I reckon that eventually Synchros'll have to give way if they haven't already, which I really have no clue about as I've made little to no attempt to follow what's going on this format. I just assumed that it'd be pretty bad considering the whole unbanning of BLS-Envoy thing.
[/quote]

ofc, Konami will push Xyzs as hard as they can. Then the next silly mechanic will come out. It's what Konami does. But I'd rather have a Scrap Dragon+FL Dark Combo than ANY Xyz. As I said, the combo is so lethal. But in General, Xyzs will eventually win because Konami is pushing them.

If you're wondering, this is the combo:

Field: FL Dark, Scrap Drag, FL Light

1)Activate Scrap Drag and pop one of their cards&Light. Light activates, Special Summon Dark.
2) Go to battle phase after making the rest of your moves.
3) Dark Attacks and destroys 1 opposing monster, Revive light.
4) Attack the rest and get other stuff/damage.
5) End turn
6)Repeat next turn if light is still alive, if not use scrap dragon in MP2.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321223033' post='5638726']
Yes is the simple answer. In a game which is so reliant on the Grave, the conditions of Synchroing is almost a blessing in itself. Until the game stops using the Graveyard as a secondary resource pile, Synchros will always be better.
[/quote]
I think you mean no, not yes.

Anyway, sending to grave >>> overlaying.

Have a rocket launcher that can launch one per turn >>> Having a rocket launcher that can launch twice, ever.

[quote name='PikaPerson01' timestamp='1321224682' post='5638784']

I think you mean no, not yes.

Anyway, sending to grave >>> overlaying.

Have a rocket launcher that can launch one per turn >>> Having a rocket launcher that can launch twice, ever.
[/quote]

Yeah :3

Gadget Xyz was sooo overhyped.

[quote name='-Noel-' timestamp='1321224949' post='5638794']
It's because Skull Lair can be used multiples times a turn, DURING the battle phase, and fuels Fortune's Future
[/quote]

Yea skull lair is better.

but it's a target for a MST. Scrap Dragon is usually slower but safer. It's still a sexy combo, no matter what you use for it.

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1321225021' post='5638799']
Yea skull lair is better.

but it's a target for a MST. Scrap Dragon is usually slower but safer.
[/quote]

Scrap Dragon is a target for Solemn Warning, Dark Hole, Smashing Ground, Compulsory, Fiendish Chain, BTH, and has to be Synchro Summoned, which doesn't happen in Fortune Ladies.dek

...you need to check your thread in TCG more often you know

i think that if Xyz is better because the overlay makes for an entire new type of strategy to the game. A mixture in a deck is good but the Xyz makes more sense in summoning conditions instead of adding up to levels because some cards aren't worth there levels but with Xyz, the levels matter, but not if they're worth their levels or not.

Archived