Xyz Monsters

Discuss the mechanic that almost everyone seemed to think would suck at the start, yet is pretty used in the meta.

Also, best monsters for each Rank? =o

EDIT: I don't mean singular for each rank, hence the s after monster.

Just discuss how they benefit decks and stuff, this isn't meant as a "best" thread in that sense.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1321331940' post='5642877']
is pretty used in the meta.[color=#ffffff]l[/color][/quote]
Sarcoph -> Rabbit.
Tourguide -> Tourguide -> Leviair.
Leviair -> Rabbit.
Rabbit -> Laggia.
Decalre game.
AKA:
[img]http://gametechmods.com/uploads/images/36520Metagame.png[/img]

I think Synchros and Xyzs, personally, are tied. Some Synchros are more advantageous to use in certain situations, and some Xyzs are more advantageous in others. Like for example, I was just in a duel testing my new agents Deck. I immediately open up with Venus + 3 MSB combo. I return Venus to hand to SS Birdman.

I could have kept Venus on the field and went for Black Mist or Gachi Gachi, instead of returning it back to SS Birdman and going for Trish. This was also the first turn, however, and I didn't want to loose my Black Mist so easily, so I went the Synchro Route. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

EDIT: Best Xyz.........probably Volca.

Best Rank 1: Number 83: Galaxy Queen (piercing damage is great with your boss monster. Especially with BLS.)

Best Rank 2: Gachi Gachi Gantetsu (I blame the lack of Rank 2s in the current game but all of them are great in some way or another. This one is obviously the most used Rank 2 and quite reliable as a quick wall.)

Best Rank 3: Leviair the Sea Dragon (No real surprise in my book. Sorry Number 17. This card made a bigger splash in the meta than many had expected. Just ask byakk.)

Best Rank 4: Number 39: Utopia (This has the highest attack of any of the other Rank 4s to this point. And he himself can be overlaid for Chaos Number 39, which is also a nice card to have when your back is to the wall. It's also cool looking, which is always a plus to me. And it can negate [i]any[/i] monster's attack, even it's own, so it can actually stop L&D Dragon by trying to negate it's own attack.)

Best Rank 5: Tiras, Keeper of Genesis (Call me crazy, but you Volcasaurus fanboys can't deny that this card is amazing. It dodges alot of cards that stop boss monsters in their tracks. And this also has a 100 attack point advantage over Number 61, and that's why this guy edges out the big flaming dinosaur.)

Best Rank 6+: Number 11: Big Eye (Out of all of the Rank 6 and higher monsters, this one to me has the easiest summoning conditions. And its once-per-turn Enemy Controller is always a plus.)

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1321333095' post='5642929']
Best Rank 4: Number 39: Utopia (This has the highest attack of any of the other Rank 4s to this point. And he himself can be overlaid for Chaos Number 39, which is also a nice card to have when your back is to the wall. It's also cool looking, which is always a plus to me. And it can negate [i]any[/i] monster's attack, even it's own, so it can actually stop L&D Dragon by trying to negate it's own attack.)

Best Rank 5: Tiras, Keeper of Genesis (Call me crazy, but you Volcasaurus fanboys can't deny that this card is amazing. It dodges alot of cards that stop boss monsters in their tracks. And this also has a 100 attack point advantage over Number 61, and that's why this guy edges out the big flaming dinosaur.)
[/quote]
http://i42.tinypic.com/35jkn4h.png
Shadow sucks =|

Seriously, the Ninja support doesn't change anything as good ninjas don't go Rank 5. It has 0 edge on it.

As for Tiras, Volca stops bosses, Tiras doesn't. 100 ATK isn't enough to amount to anything to say its "better" when it blows stuff up after you generally want to blow stuff up. It's not bad, but it's in no way superior to volca.

@Utopia: What? No, ATK doesn't mean everything. Chain and Laggia are far better than Utopia, not that Utopia's bad. =/

It can stop LaDD by crippling itself potentially... Great! And C39, while not bad, is not a reason Utopia is better than Top-Deck-O-Matic or Solemn on Wings.

And I meant best overall... More which are good/usable, which are crap, for the sake of discussion.

Archived