1 Galaxy-Eyes
2 Crow
2 Veiler
2-3 cards for stopping tier 2 decks
2-3 extra power for my deck
2-3 cards for stopping tier 1 decks
2-3 Prohibition
side tech/staples that didn't fit/etc.

Of course, I'm not who you'd call a master deckbuilder, but it might help.

I've run into 3 of those. But it's never gone well for them, as I'm not stupid. If they got Maxx C, I limit my SSing. But 2 of the times, I didn't care, milled a ton with Twilight (Solar Recharges x3 + Charge + bulb + Celestia and other shenanigans), then dropped JD x2, and DAD.
I didn't care about running into a Gorz there, tbh.

i tend to run Gozen if the deck im currently running is strictly a specific attritubte (or can maintain with only one attribute i.e. Gemknights or Watts; and in Watt cases i also side Rivarly)

But other then that i tend to keep Puppet Plant, Veilers, Maxx Cs, Thunder Kings, Royal Prisons, Shadow/Light Mirror, Crows, ettc. Sometimes i leave MInd Crush and Shoot there as well.

Burden of the Mighty + Dimensional Fissure is pretty much one of the easiest sides to do this format. Burden immediately brings Grapha and Hyperion to 1900 ATK. Gives you the better match-up. Run into it with a Rai-Oh or something and banish it via Fissure.

Maxx C, to be honest, is unreliable. Competitive players can easily work around it, and amateur players simply can't use it.

Smokescreen siding is actually quite reliable assuming you do it correctly. What they side is useless (and therefore weakening their build that you lost against), and is irrelevant if you didn't side counters because of this fact.

A side-deck is almost specific to the deck you're using. Best way to build it is to have a counter to the decks that trouble your deck the most, and focus less on the ones your deck is strong against.

And of course, side cards that don't conflict with your deck (ignoring Smokescreen), because a certain someone *coughBScough* thought it'd be a good idea to side D-Fissure in DWs... and it didn't go down well.

Archived