Rick Perry is an idiot

TheComposer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1323627268' post='5700796']
I'm a Christian, but I don't agree with persecuting Gay People on Rick Perry's idea. God made it so that everyone who comes to America could have an equal opportunity in life. That includes the gay people. What Rick Perry said was that he was going to challenge people who do not need to be challenged. That is pretty appalling, as Christians accept people for who they are. And what war on religion? Religion is parodied, but it isn't attacked by the government. 1st amendment, which was by the government (and supported by both Republicans and Liberals) supports religion in the United States. I definitely am not voting for him.
[/quote]
God hates Gay people...
Leviticus says so...

[i]18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.[/i]

[i][i]20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.[/i][/i]

[quote name='Izaya Orihara' timestamp='1323627441' post='5700800']
God hates Gay people...
Leviticus says so...[indent][i]18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.[/i][/indent][indent][indent][i][i]20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.[/i][/i][/indent][/indent]
[/quote]
Point? Do you really want to drag religion into this? I can debate that, but frankly I don't see what good will come of it. Do not throw the word 'hate' around, as it is not really a part of the religion.

Frankly I also don't see homosexuality as a switch that can be either on or off from birth. There has to be more to it.

God hates Gay people...
Leviticus says so...

[i]18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.[/i]

[i][i]20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.[/i][/i]
[/quote]

The bible is irrelevant.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1323627666' post='5700810']
Christians recognize homosexuality as a choice. Even though belief knows what happens to them, Christians still accept gay people. It just goes to show how extremists can twist a religion.
[/quote]

I personally don't like the word "extremist." People tend to throw it around to the point of referring to anyone who believes in the existence of a deity as an extremist.

Extremist might be a bit of an....extreme word, but I just need to get the point across that Christians are generally not as bad as this guy is (and it is people like him that still gives Christianity a reputation of being nit-picky with everything people do wrong).

:S

I'm not even American, but this argument could be easily sorted.

1. Religion is damn all not related to this.
2. Comparing gays in the army to children not being able to celebrate Christmas is stupid.
3. He's obviously trying to be a businessman, and appeal to Christian parents who spoil their children.
4. Clair summed up this topic.
5. He won't get elected.

Well, I know about the separation of powers, and I do recognize that you can't make religion too much of a priority in the United States. The government already has religious priorities sorted out, but this guy is trying to cause a religious commotion. Still, he won't get voted for and we won't worry about his actions. No need to worry Guitar as nothing bad will happen with the 1st amendment (and I completely support that amendment).

God hates Gay people...
Leviticus says so...

[/quote]

Go rent the movie [i]Prayers for Bobby[/i] and watch it.

If a presidential candidate isn't focusing on plans for fixing our economy or improving our diplomatic relations, they're doing it wrong.

[quote name='Lunæ' timestamp='1323627562' post='5700805']
The bible is irrelevant.
[/quote]

I agree with this to an extent. I'm a Christian, but I'm not stupid and understand that the Bible was written a long f***ing time ago. Too long ago to accurately apply it to today's society. Sick of people trying to Bible bash without any common sense. And you know who you are.

Within a few decades all the homophobia in the Bible will probably be referred to as purely metaphorical, as was the sexism, slavery, and whatnot. Then Christians can go back to claiming that the Bible is the ultimate source of morality and that their beliefs must be respected as they stifle the next civil rights movement, if they're still around.

Republican candidates all end up looking ridiculous because they're Republicans. Any of the decent ones won't get proper press because that's simply too un-Republican.

[quote name='~King Crouton~' timestamp='1323564403' post='5699670']
Uhh...what?

[color=#ff0000][size=2]Are you serious? THIS is a winning strategy all Americans can unite around. Invoking homophobia by bringing up gays in the army and the War on Christmas is the work of a genius. Do you know how terrified I am to go to bed at night thinking our troops on the ground are doing each others hair and wishing they knew how to quit each other instead of watching The Delta Force starring Chuck Norris? I'm going to vote for this guy over Mr. Kenyan Muslim Communist White People-hating Marxist Who's Also a Magic Negro. The Right shall rise again.[/size]

[size=2]Idea for a new slogan for conservatives after we take back America.[/size]

[size=2]"If It's Not Right, It's Not Right"[/size][/color]

[color=#0000ff][size=2]This is racist, homophobic, sexist, bigoted, slanderous, violent, and hateful! Rick Perry is promoting gun violence against our FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT![/size][/color]

[color=#ff0000][size=2]Rick Perry is a beefcake. And, I'm not gay because I'm a Republican, and we've been queer-free since 2008.[/size][/color]
[/quote]

are you trying to confuse us? first u say hes good then u say he's bad. I don't understand.

[quote name='I-dreezyAFG' timestamp='1323646146' post='5701417']
are you trying to confuse us? first u say hes good then u say he's bad. I don't understand.
[/quote]
Mrs. Corporal's Guided Reading Questions:
1) Do you detect any elements of sarcasm in K. Crouton's passage? If so, list some examples.
2) What do you think the brief shift in opinion could indicate? (HINT: Think political parties and colors)

[quote name='~Coolio~' timestamp='1323648431' post='5701485']
Mrs. Corporal's Guided Reading Questions:
1) Do you detect any elements of sarcasm in K. Crouton's passage? If so, list some examples.
2) What do you think the brief shift in opinion could indicate? (HINT: Think political parties and colors)
[/quote]

now i know, but dont live in america, so thats why the republican and democat parties didn't come to my mind.

God hates Gay people...
Leviticus says so...

[/quote]

God hates Shrimp...
Leviticus says so...

[i]11:9-12 These ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.[/i]
[i]And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:[/i]
[i]They shall be even an abomination unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have carcasses in abomination.[/i]
[i]Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.[/i]

I, for one, am shocked and disturbed how Perry can address such insignificant issues as the war on Christmas when an American can just walk in and [i]order blasphemous shellfish in near any eatery in the country. [/i]Something's wrong when a shrimp eater can serve in the military, but our own children can't anoint our front doors in lamb's blood in public.

Archived