Rick Perry is an idiot

TheComposer

[quote name='I-dreezyAFG' timestamp='1323816958' post='5704755']
I'd like to go the kittens planet. =p

I'm personally7 a fan of ron paul, it seems like he's gonna do something about israel and hes anti zionist.
[/quote]
Will you shut up over who has the better imaginary friend please! Ron Paul will kill all of Europe and bring our country back to the 1800's. His idea of the Constitution being flawless is misguided and you are using your religion to hate on a political movement based on another religion when your religion is about as credible as the other religion. They just want self determination rights and your no different than those anti-semites.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='The Dark Evangel' timestamp='1323817170' post='5704770']
Will you shut up over who has the better imaginary friend please! Ron Paul will kill all of Europe and bring our country back to the 1800's. His idea of the Constitution being flawless is misguided and you are using your religion to hate on a political movement based on another religion when your religion is about as credible as the other religion. They just want self determination rights and your no different than those anti-semites.
[/quote]
Umm, no.

Unless killing all of Europe is either a joke or a metaphor for something, you're just really overreacting to difference in a opinion.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1323818660' post='5704839']
Umm, no.

Unless killing all of Europe is either a joke or a metaphor for something, you're just really overreacting to difference in a opinion.
[/quote]
The United States of America owns pretty much almost all of the gold which is held in Fort Knox and if the United States goes to the Gold Standard Europes entire economy may fall.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1323820796' post='5704961']
I can promise you that he doesn't know that much about either, unless "GRR the politicians are SO Stupid" is some extremely complex allusion to something.
[/quote]
I don't think you would understand and I would tell you but that would derail this topic.
Point being my main beef was with I-dreezy's anti-sionism. They are a legitimate movement and his hate of them is no different than anti-semitism....

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1323822972' post='5705073']
Of course, but being anti-Zionist is no better than being anti-Christianity, which Izaya makes extremely clear he is, to the point of being plain annoying.
[/quote]
I am not anti-Christian if I am to be perfectly honest. I just like to make fun of things. Even myself sometimes. I am as much of a joke as everything else.

[quote name='The Dark Evangel' timestamp='1323817170' post='5704770']
[/quote]

zionism has nothing to do with judaism... zionism is anti semetic. clearly umadbro.

[quote name='I-dreezyAFG' timestamp='1323898004' post='5706955']
zionism has nothing to do with judaism... zionism is anti semetic. clearly umadbro.
[/quote]
Zionism is a jewish political movement. What are you daft? The movement strives for self-determination of Jews in Jerusalem and in Israel and respect for their heritage.

[quote name='Izaya Orihara' timestamp='1323899361' post='5707018']
Zionism is a jewish political movement. What are you daft? The movement strives for self-determination of Jews in Jerusalem and in Israel and respect for their heritage.
[/quote]

http://www.nkusa.org/AboutUs/Zionism/opposition.cfm

there are many jews in the world who are opposed to zionism and israel, i beg of thee to explain to them how they are wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0haybEo-Tx4

and dont think i hate jews because im muslim, that's just BS.

The truth is, Christianity in America is way out of hand. Religion is a detestable thing, and I have no gripe with the religious, only with the teachings, the ideologies and the structure of organized religion. It has misled people by removing Darwin's Theory of Evolution from the Curriculum of Kansas (look in the Oxford English Dictionary. A Scientific Theory is one proven by a large of scientific evidence. It's scientific fact. The "only a theory" shtick is utterly wrong and is misinformation, i.e. lying), it promotes bigotry through it's texts (just read the Qu'ran and Leviticus) and has slowed world development massively by attacking the enlightenment movement and is responsible for billions upon billions of deaths, not to mention sexual abuse and mutilation that still goes on today.

Rick Perry is a person who promotes hatred, like so many other nutjobs in America.

tl;dr Religion is still misinforming the mainstream today in the world's most backward "developed" country.

[quote name='I-dreezyAFG' timestamp='1323900152' post='5707065']
[url="http://www.nkusa.org/AboutUs/Zionism/opposition.cfm"]http://www.nkusa.org.../opposition.cfm[/url]

there are many jews in the world who are opposed to zionism and israel, i beg of thee to explain to them how they are wrong.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0haybEo-Tx4[/media]

and dont think i hate jews because im muslim, that's just BS.
[/quote]
Yet you post a biased website for a legitimate argument?
The Jews are being oppressed whether you like it or not and are fighting for political freedom which is something Israel lacks. Zionism has dedicated its ideology to fighting Anti-Semitism [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism#Anti-Zionism_as_anti-Semitism"]http://en.wikipedia....s_anti-Semitism[/url] there is a conflict brewing in Israel mostly for the fact that Muslim leaders and Christian leaders want there religious control over the city of Jerusalem. Why would they want Jerusalem you ask? Well mostly because it is the center city for all their beliefs. Right now Jerusalem is dominated by the Jewish population, and Muslim nations like Egypt, Iran, and Pakistan have clearly shown their opposition to it. Christian leaders also want to show their support but would rather show their support for Jews than for muslims for obvious reasons. The President of Iran has clearly stated how he uses his Islamic teachings as a forefront of his politics, which is why he is an idiot and a monster. This "Anti-Zionism" is just a cover to be anti-semitist while looking like you have something legitimate to say. It is nothing more than a conspiracy theory. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Zionism#Muslim"]http://en.wikipedia....-Zionism#Muslim[/url] it is clearly shown that Muslims oppose Zionism for biased religious reasons. Most of the Jews in that video are reformed jews who dropped the original belief in Aliyah which was central in the Zionist movement. Many original jews may have opposed the movement in the beginning but have since changed their opinions.
[quote name='Dт. Михаи́л Ботви́нник PчD' timestamp='1323900633' post='5707087']
The truth is, Christianity in America is way out of hand. Religion is a detestable thing, and I have no gripe with the religious, only with the teachings, the ideologies and the structure of organized religion. It has misled people by removing Darwin's Theory of Evolution from the Curriculum of Kansas (look in the Oxford English Dictionary. A Scientific Theory is one proven by a large of scientific evidence. It's scientific fact. The "only a theory" shtick is utterly wrong and is misinformation, i.e. lying), it promotes bigotry through it's texts (just read the Qu'ran and Leviticus) and has slowed world development massively by attacking the enlightenment movement and is responsible for billions upon billions of deaths, not to mention sexual abuse and mutilation that still goes on today.

Rick Perry is a person who promotes hatred, like so many other nutjobs in America.

tl;dr Religion is still misinforming the mainstream today in the world's most backward "developed" country.
[/quote]
Your a genius and I rep you for being so...

[quote name='Dт. Михаи́л Ботви́нник PчD' timestamp='1323900633' post='5707087']
The truth is, Christianity in America is way out of hand. Religion is a detestable thing, and I have no gripe with the religious, only with the teachings, the ideologies and the structure of organized religion. It has misled people by removing Darwin's Theory of Evolution from the Curriculum of Kansas (look in the Oxford English Dictionary. A Scientific Theory is one proven by a large of scientific evidence. It's scientific fact. The "only a theory" shtick is utterly wrong and is misinformation, i.e. lying), it promotes bigotry through it's texts (just read the Qu'ran and Leviticus) and has slowed world development massively by attacking the enlightenment movement and is responsible for billions upon billions of deaths, not to mention sexual abuse and mutilation that still goes on today
[/quote]
First of all, Christianity is actually a lot less of a dominating force in the United States than it used to be. Secondly, I can believe that Canada is a color if I want to, and reject all the laws of thermodynamics, because the First Amendment's a b****.

To say you have no gripe with the religious, only with what they think is to have a gripe with the religious. It would be similar to me saying that I have no gripe with midgets, only their stature. You could say that you are only interested in organized religion, but the only religious people left are the vaguely agnostic who don't actually practice a religion at all or those who are only in it as a lifestyle but don't really believe in whatever deity(s), rituals or practices that said religion follows.

While I do agree that religion has become too "whiny" if you will, about injecting their own beliefs into the American culture, I take offense to the extreme opposite.

An example of both sides at once would be something that recently happened with a reality show called "All American Muslim," which centers around Muslim families in Michigan. A "Christian" group called "Family" something or other, (a name choice which I detest) complained about the show's existence, stating all Muslims were out to blow us all up. A few sponsors, most notably Lowe's, removed their ads from the program because of the complaints.

This was essentially an example of religion attacking religion. No law was broken, as Lowe's can do whatever they want.

In an ideal American society, religion would be both unable to successfully attack another group in a legal manner, (I'm not referring to using the press and media mind you, that is a right to everyone), but also be protected from such an attack.

But really now, billions and billions of deaths? Most of those are hardly relevant anymore. You can't take the actions of any given religious group and judge all of religion in general.
[quote name='Izaya Orihara' timestamp='1323902219' post='5707147']
Yet you post a biased website for a legitimate argument?
The Jews are being oppressed whether you like it or not and are fighting for political freedom which is something Israel lacks. Zionism has dedicated its ideology to fighting Anti-Semitism [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism#Anti-Zionism_as_anti-Semitism"]http://en.wikipedia....s_anti-Semitism[/url] there is a conflict brewing in Israel mostly for the fact that Muslim leaders and Christian leaders want there religious control over the city of Jerusalem. Why would they want Jerusalem you ask? Well mostly because it is the center city for all their beliefs. Right now Jerusalem is dominated by the Jewish population, and Muslim nations like Egypt, Iran, and Pakistan have clearly shown their opposition to it. Christian leaders also want to show their support but would rather show their support for Jews than for muslims for obvious reasons. The President of Iran has clearly stated how he uses his Islamic teachings as a forefront of his politics, which is why he is an idiot and a monster. This "Anti-Zionism" is just a cover to be anti-semitist while looking like you have something legitimate to say. It is nothing more than a conspiracy theory. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Zionism#Muslim"]http://en.wikipedia....-Zionism#Muslim[/url] it is clearly shown that Muslims oppose Zionism for biased religious reasons. Most of the Jews in that video are reformed jews who dropped the original belief in Aliyah which was central in the Zionist movement. Many original jews may have opposed the movement in the beginning but have since changed their opinions.
[/quote]

Christian leaders really can't control Jerusalem, that theory is flawed. I am a Christian remember? I can honestly tell you that while Jerusalem has some significance in our faith, there's no reason to want to occupy it. And with what army or under what government would they do so? The American government is unable to act on behalf of religion because of the 1st Amendment.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1323911485' post='5707619']
Christian leaders really can't control Jerusalem, that theory is flawed. I am a Christian remember? I can honestly tell you that while Jerusalem has some significance in our faith, there's no reason to want to occupy it. And with what army or under what government would they do so? The American government is unable to act on behalf of religion because of the 1st Amendment.
[/quote]
You took what I said too literally.
The Christians want to be the main population of Jerusalem and not the Jews and same works for the Muslims. The Crusades were for that very reason. Although some people have not learned their lesson andwant to start an eleventh crusade, the chances of the Pope getting support like he used to is minimal and even though he wants to he wont say it outright... America won't do crap.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1323915646' post='5707769']
The Crusades happened too long ago to be relevant. Christians don't really want to populate it anymore, they usually just voice their support for Israel no matter what.
[/quote]
I sense biastness within you but I won't make personal attacks.
You honestly think we've learned our lesson? Really? Christians have dominated American politics forever. F*ck the first amendment, you guys have trampled all over it. First there is the pledge in which it specifically says "God". Then there is the court system where they make you swear on a bible when making a witness testimony. Your churches should be taxed and we need to get the Christian God off our dollar. We were supposed to be a secular country but now Muslims can't even build a mosque in New York City and American Atheists has to fight to give Atheists legitimate rights. The crusades never ended. Christians are constantly showing their radical side. The Pope wants to do it and you know it. Christians have shown their outright bigotry in making all Muslims look like terrorists and starting a conflict over homophobia that shouldn't be taking place anyways.

However there are good ones I.E. pretty much every Christian on YCM.

"You guys"? Really? I'm not biased, I just want equal rights. Ignore those who want more than that.

The "God" in the pledge wasn't even in the original, get rid of it. Swearing on a Bible is pretty pointless, but still not worth whining about it. Churches shouldn't be taxed if they're not making profit. The "God" on the money is simply a reference to our heritage. It's stupid to complain about. The mosque in New York was not stopped from being built. They just tried to stop it. Can you please tell me some of the rights Atheists don't have or didn't have? The First Amendment is important, because without it, religion would be persecuted by people who think they can control what people think.

A radical harms others because of his views. Christians rarely do that. Do not judge all of us based on the actions of a few.

The Crusades is a meaningless analogy. During the Crusades, people were mass murdered on both sides. It was a pointless war that caused bloodshed of innocents. Don't compare it to political squabbles.

Do not stereotype.

Your turn.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1323916962' post='5707797']
"You guys"? Really? I'm not biased, I just want equal rights. Ignore those who want more than that.

The "God" in the pledge wasn't even in the original, get rid of it. Swearing on a Bible is pretty pointless, but still not worth whining about it. Churches shouldn't be taxed if they're not making profit. The "God" on the money is simply a reference to our heritage. It's stupid to complain about. The mosque in New York was not stopped from being built. They just tried to stop it. Can you please tell me some of the rights Atheists don't have or didn't have? The First Amendment is important, because without it, religion would be persecuted by people who think they can control what people think.

A radical harms others because of his views. Christians rarely do that. Do not judge all of us based on the actions of a few.

The Crusades is a meaningless analogy. During the Crusades, people were mass murdered on both sides. It was a pointless war that caused bloodshed of innocents. Don't compare it to political squabbles.
[/quote]
Actually the radicals are not a few and in fact are the majority. If we pay taxes for our houses then churches should pay taxes for their churches and if they can't they should be kicked out like the IRS does to people who can't pay taxes for their homes. Why ignore the crazies when they continue to be crazy? Political squabbles create wars. Remember the Civil War? That started over the debate between the power for the State Governments and the power for the Federal Government. Republicans are always prepared to start sh*t to get what they want and it is quite obvious most of them are guided by religion.

ITT: Sticking by your faith is a stupid, detestable thing that makes you a radical.

No, not talking about Perry, he is a creep who made my skin crawl when he spoke at my college, an this just proves my reaction right.

Basically, this thread has become

STOP BLAMING EVERYONE FOR THE PSYCHOS (AKA Westboro Baptist Church)

And

RELIGION IS STUPID AND ALL THE PSYCHOS ARE TRYING TO RUN THE COUNTRY

And then there's Izaya, but he's just spewing bull and conspiracies, as per the usual.

Oh, an I-Dreezy bitching about Zionism, but that's also expected.

tl;dr

Shut up, I mean really. We all know Perry is an idiot who shouldn't get close to the presidency, but did this whole topic need to turn into this? Perry represents a part of "Christianity" closer to Westboro than anyone else, or so it seems. That's like comparing Al Quaeda to all Muslims, and saying it must be so.

tl;dr again

Why is this topic still going, it's obvious Perry is a moron who represents sheer intolerance of anyone, and shows no values he should.

Pardon any typos and whatnot. iPhone is a pain.

Archived