We need a 3rd Admin. [Currently 75 supporters]

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Crab Helmet' timestamp='1342042574' post='5974539']
This is unlocked because YCMaker continues to be terrible.
[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking, has he been on at all? Like, has any progress been made or any communication with him at least? Does he know that the site is slowly falling apart and there are a lot of things that need to be changed or has he pretty much just stayed away all together?

[quote name='Neo Galaxy' timestamp='1342043299' post='5974558']
If you don't mind me asking, has he been on at all? Like, has any progress been made or any communication with him at least? Does he know that the site is slowly falling apart and there are a lot of things that need to be changed or has he pretty much just stayed away all together?
[/quote]

I think he was the one who locked this thread originally back in April.

Back in April, he also promised to upgrade 7 mods to some sort of mini-admin position. The powers were pretty limited but at least it would have been something. He said he'd do it in about a week on May 11th, and that was the last anyone ever heard of him.

I think he also screwed around with some server stuff last week, which only managed to make things worse if the site's ridiculous downtime this week is any indication. Shine on you crazy dumbass.

TL;DR: YCMaker has always been terrible on every level and occasionally remembers the site exists long enough to make a couple empty promises and to break something new.

[quote name='Simon Belmont' timestamp='1342042933' post='5974550']
Crab Helmet is a rebel.
[/quote]

I makes the posts on the internets that say the negative things about the guys with the internet powers. That makes the the cool persons right?

As much as I do support a new Admin, I don't even think that's the main issue.

The site's main attraction (if you want to call it that) is the Card Maker, which is severly outdated (as has been said by many members, not just myself), and you think he'd at least be working on trying to update it, or let people know he planned on making some changes. By just not saying anything aside from randomly upgrading the server which sure, made it faster, but hasn't done anything else at all, seems pretty poor in my opinion.

That, and if those issues were fixed, such as the Card Maker and the bots, you wouldn't even [i]need[/i] an Admin as much, so if he wasn't comfortable with giving someone else that sort of control, he wouldn't even have to; there are so many changes that are relatively simple that are just not being made for whatever reason.

You think that with the revenue he must make (considering the significant amount of members and posts we have here), he'd have some interest in taking care of his own site.

[quote name='Neo Galaxy' timestamp='1342044647' post='5974588']
That, and if those issues were fixed, such as the Card Maker and the bots, you wouldn't even [i]need[/i] an Admin as much
[/quote]

The main issue is that even if he bothered to fix these problems, there will always be new one's in their place as time goes on. If he's then not around to fix those problems, then who is? The solution: a third admin, who is actually active.

[quote name='Neo Galaxy' timestamp='1342044647' post='5974588']
You think that with the revenue he must make (considering the significant amount of members and posts we have here), he'd have some interest in taking care of his own site.
[/quote]

Four years on this site has taught me that this is a poor assumption to make.

[quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1342045021' post='5974595']
The main issue is that even if he bothered to fix these problems, there will always be new one's in their place as time goes on. If he's then not around to fix those problems, then who is? The solution: a third admin, who is actually active.

Four years on this site has taught me that this is a poor assumption to make.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong - I definitely think we need a third Admin. (If we even have a second one?)

The point I was trying to make is that, if he at least put some effort into upgrading things and making changes, the members would complain significantly less, and perhaps we'd have a lot more activity as a site, as well. That being said, while I don't intend any offense to anyone, I don't think anyone other than Crab Helmet would be a viable choice for an Admin if only because there's so few people on this site that people actually know enough about, or that could stay unbiased on that note, enough to wield such responsibility.

[quote name='Neo Galaxy' timestamp='1342045140' post='5974597']
Don't get me wrong - I definitely think we need a third Admin. (If we even have a second one?)

The point I was trying to make is that, if he at least put some effort into upgrading things and making changes, the members would complain significantly less, and perhaps we'd have a lot more activity as a site, as well. That being said, while I don't intend any offense to anyone, I don't think anyone other than Crab Helmet would be a viable choice for an Admin if only because there's so few people on this site that people actually know enough about, or that could stay unbiased on that note, enough to wield such responsibility.
[/quote]

Point: We only have two admins.
Answer: We actually already have three: YCMaker, Falling Pizza and ipbstaff. Unfortunately the last one belongs to a technician of the forum software used and therefore there's absolutely nothing he could do to help us, even if he wanted to.

Point: if he put some effort in
Answer: He won't. Lets be honest here. Redundant, sorry.

Point: Crab Helmet would make a good admin.
Answer: Wouldn't object to that.

Point: Admins must be knowledgeable and free from bias.
Answer: Unsure on the first part- although they would obviously have to know the basics about webmastering. The latter, agreed, objectivity is a must. Using the ability for anything other than improving the site would just be ridiculous. I'd like to think most intelligent people on this site could handle this.

Dunno why I chose to respond to it like that, seemed pretty cool. And easier to break down, I suppose.

[quote name='Neo Galaxy' timestamp='1342045140' post='5974597']

[/quote]

Falling Pizza is the 2nd Admin, but he left very soon after he was promoted and he didn't even do anything :/

And I would like to see Brushfire or Crab Helmet become admin, they seem like the people most suitable for the position (assuming they want to be an admin.)

All we really need is someone who will get these things done:

- Update cardmaker
- Keep site running well
- Actually listen to members

It [b]doesn't matter [i]who[/i][/b] does it, but [i][b]when[/b][/i] it gets done. This site is really like a garden: Beautiful when maintained, yet goes all to crap when not.

Unfortunately, YCMaker has forgotten to tend to his garden.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If this is declared Necro-bumping or not, I will take the warning regardless because this sites admins need to get on board. I'm not dissing YCMaker or Falling Pizza but come on guys/gals, did you forget to tend to your baby that's been starving for attention for I don't know how long? This sites main needed update is definitely by far its card maker. I really do enjoy being a part of this site's forum and community, but I have to use the Yugico site's card maker and I am just one of the numerous members that do this. Consider this spam all you want but it's the truth and, as the old saying says, the truth hurts.

Since the founders of the site are never here to listen to the calls and cries of the forum and the site in general, I COMPLETELY SUPPORT the idea of having AT LEAST 1 more high-ranked admin on the forum otherwise this site is going to become dead completely, it's slowly reaching that point and I really don't want it to go there since I am a huge YGO fan and I love this site for what it is, but it needs its updates ASAP.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived