We need a 3rd Admin. [Currently 75 supporters]

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1332115759' post='5877426']
We can access the Admin CP, but there are tools inaccessible even to us, such as being able to add the Xyz card option.
[/quote]

Figured as much.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1332115821' post='5877430']
I can use the admin CP but not the Mod CP. :I

Dem ninjas
[/quote]

Wait, how does that-? Nevermind, not even gonna ask.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1332116568' post='5877481']
No, it is not needlessly-capitalized-sarcasm, I'm being serious. By the way, by "we" I meant Supers.
[/quote]
No need to be an arse and insult my grammar <_< I was only joking around hense the lol. Anyways I will stop as I don't want to stray off topic.

I know you got me confused with Flame Dragon, but I saw an opportunity and took it.

As for when he'll appoint a third admin, that's impossible to determine, because first he has to actually get on the site, then decide who to promote, and even then it will either be a Super or some random person YCMaker knows. Tyrantking10 for admin?

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1332119469' post='5877631']
I know you got me confused with Flame Dragon, but I saw an opportunity and took it.

As for when he'll appoint a third admin, that's impossible to determine, because first he has to actually get on the site, then decide who to promote, and even then it will either be a Super or some random person YCMaker knows. Tyrantking10 for admin?
[/quote]

That's actually IF he decides to appoint a third admin.

To clarify the Admin CP situation: Super Mods can access the Admin CP, but it's a horribly restricted version of it in which most of the important functions are sealed off. All we're left with may as well be a glorified Mod CP with a couple of bonus options like moving users between certain user groups.

[quote name='Moe Fantastico J-Max' timestamp='1332125243' post='5877888']
I keep forgetting, does YCMaker get money every time the Card Maker is used? If so then we could boycott the Card Maker so he makes nothing off of it. But with the 100's pf memebers joining each day for that i'm not sure if it would work.
[/quote]

Have fun with that. There're too many people to actually put that into effect, that aside, it would destroy the whole point of the site. It's a good idea in theory, but it won't work in real/internet life.

[quote name='Kio-kun' timestamp='1332125505' post='5877898']
Have fun with that. There're too many people to actually put that into effect, that aside, it would destroy the whole point of the site. It's a good idea in theory, but it won't work in real/internet life.
[/quote]
There is Yugico. If more people used that even for a Week then YCMaker would take notice.

I actually have run several websites before, and I'm decently familiar with IP.Board. (Not that anyone would ever appoint a regular Member, much less me.)

Anyway, YCMaker makes money anytime someone views the card maker. Or the forums as a guest. The ads are AdSense, so nobody has to add new ads. YCMaker must have made thousands off of YCM.

--Sent from my iPod.

[quote name='Moe Fantastico J-Max' timestamp='1332125572' post='5877902']
There is Yugico. If more people used that even for a Week then YCMaker would take notice.
[/quote]

I don't know. Just seems like it's got too many holes in that. Plus like I said, there're just way too many users who frequent the Card Maker program to get the boycott message around, and there's no guarantee that everyone would answer the call. Point is, it's unlikely to happen.

[quote name='WhirlwindKnight' timestamp='1332127726' post='5877968']
I want a democratic process to vote for Admin. That is all.
[/quote]

Internet sites are not and never will be democracies, and only those with a fundamental misunderstanding of how the world works would confuse the two.

Also, you have no chance of becoming admin, so stop deluding yourself.

Also also, Santa isn't real and your parents never loved you.

[quote name='Crab Helmet' timestamp='1332131714' post='5878057']
Internet sites are not and never will be democracies, and only those with a fundamental misunderstanding of how the world works would confuse the two.

Also, you have no chance of becoming admin, so stop deluding yourself.

Also also, Santa isn't real and your parents never loved you.
[/quote]

Simmer down bro its all good... let the kid believe....
The new admin hopefully will be smart enough to actually enhance the site rather than just enforce the rules.

[quote name='Moe Fantastico J-Max' timestamp='1332135462' post='5878117']

B-But! *Bursts into tears*

I'm kidding but there is little kids on this site Crab XD
[/quote]

Alright I gotta say it. I have yet to even see a user I'd believe is under 13. Well, there was one guy, but I'm convinced that was actually a pedo ._. If there are kids younger, I doubt they're on the forums. They probably stick to card maker.

I like to think that there are plenty of small children here, it's just that they're more actually more mature than the teenagers are and we never notice.

Also, YCMaker makes money off of the Ads, but I doubt it gives him much past the cost of the servers. He'd probably notice if it suddenly caved in after a while, but it'd take a month or three.

I for one, have yet to see evidence that YCMaker wasn't killed in a traffic accident shortly after Christmas.

Archived