Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, The Seven Princes [OOC/Started/Accepting] Co-Host .:Corbenik:.

Persona knowledge  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you know about the persona series?

• I'm a grandmaster The World Arcana holder! I know everything about persona!!!!
    • I've only played one or two of the games but I do know the series as a whole
    • I've only seen walkthroughs/watched a friend play
    • I've only heard about it from word of mouth.
    • This is the first I've heard of "Persona"

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='-Zecora-' timestamp='1325982976' post='5753402']
Whatever, it's the same thing.
[/quote]

Not at all. Psychopaths are defined primarily by a lack of empathy, egocentricity and a tendency towards deception. A sociopath on the other hand is a nonscientific name for anyone with Antisocial Personality Disorder, which is a separate designation based on a failure to adhere to the general norms and tenants of society to the level of regularly infringing on the rights of others and showing no remorse for doing so. The two can overlap, but it's very possible for a psychopath to respect the boundaries of others or a sociopath to be capable of discerning emotion.

I'd post sooner, but I'm actually just hammering out a second app that I'll have to send in to MKS for approval first.

Well, it's been a looooooooong time since i last RP'd here at good old YCM. And recently i've gotten Persona 3 so seeing this I got interested. So figured i'd throw an app together. Be sure to tell me if you want any part of it altered and such. I'm flexible like that.

[spoiler=Just to not make the post too huge, app in a spoiler]
[b]Username: [/b]Andx

[b]Name: [/b]Isamu Hasegawa

[b]Age: [/b]18

[b]Class: [/b]Senior

[spoiler=[b]Appearance:[/b]]
Isamu stands at about six feet in height with long legs providing that more than the upper body. His build is slim and athletic, with only his leg muscles really defined to any noticeable extent. His arms while toned are rather normal. However they're long as well given the height his arm span has to correspond to. He's not light for his size exactly but not overweight at the same time. It doesn't really stand out to any extent anyway. His shoulders are somewhat broad but his posture isn't very refined so they're often slacked.

Isamu's hair is a darkened blond, rather close to brown, and looks brown when wet. He doesn't particularly style it and keeps it relatively short to allow the general lack of styling to work easier. He generally tries to keep his hair off the back of the neck and ears and keeps the hair in front to about midway down his forehead. Like this it's not particularly shaggy but has a sort of wind ruffled look to it that just shows the lack of product or styling used. He tries to part it down the middle of his head and while it keeps to the style somewhat the line isn't obvious. However he's a little lazy on getting hair cuts so as time goes on it gets longer and more shaggy. His eyes are blue in color but appear to be a little muted by grays and such. His face is slightly ovular in shape but only slightly. He keeps his face clean shaven mostly to keep from being bugged at school about facial hair.

Isamu sticks to the school uniform with exactness on school days out of a desire to never have a teacher get after him about it. Additionally he keeps a digital watch loosely fitted about his left wrist. Underneath the uniform he wears necklace that appears to be a plain silver circle that he wears more openly when in more casual clothing. For casual clothing isamu tends to stick to solid colored long sleeved shirts, usually either red or blue in color, with either black or tan pants. In hotter times he switches up to solid colored t-shirts, of various colors, with open button up shirts over it with the same pants he generally wears. In colder times he dons a slim black, zip-up, long sleeved jacket as he doesn't prefer bulky winter clothes. The jacket over long sleeved shirts generally keeps him warm enough anyway. In all cases but the winter get up he wears the circle necklace openly outside of his shirts and in all cases he keeps the same watch loosely about his left wrist.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=[b]Personality:[/b]]Isamu tries to remain rather serious at most times perhaps coming off as too serious or closed off at times. He takes his education and prefers to have his conduct reflect that. He treats teachers and elders with the appropriate respect in their presence and doesn't appreciate others failing to do so. He finds it hard to find his dislike of people making light of learning and school or at the least not taking it seriously preferring they'd simply leave to make it easier on the people who really wished to be there.

Aside from the serious face he keeps at school he's rather kind and cheerful when approached. He likes to treat others respectfully hoping to be similarly treated. While he finds talking with classmates easy enough to do few become close friends with him. With those he does become close he's much more open and less serious. He enjoys a good laugh and can be funny himself, just around the right people.

Fighting is definitely not a first response in Isamu's mind when it comes to solving situations. He'd prefer to leave it to other means if at all possible. But at the same time he finds it very easy to have his patience tried and his temper flared. He views the standards he keeps to as rather simple to follow and can be rather easily annoyed at others for not being able to. Blatant immaturity and vulgarity annoys him greatly as well and he'll remove himself from people presenting either as fast as possible.

Isamu isn't one to seek for leadership positions but will bear with them if he has to. He dislikes group work or projects in school due to having to depend on other people to work. In the case he's working with close friends it's generally much easier. As for close friends, he's rather protective of the few he can make. The number of such being a driving force behind this. More than once Isamu's been driven to fight with a few people over a close friend. Though later he'll regret such outbursts, not for having helped a friend but for actually trying to hurt someone. In any case he's happiest around his friends, takes school and life seriously and tries to get along as best he can. His one quirk if you want to call it that, a great love of dogs. Most dogs will steal his attention away for a few seconds if he sees one. Granted he's not stupid about it and will generally maintain focus if the situation is serious in that sense.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=[b]Bio:[/b]]
Isamu was born to a typical middle class family that lived originally on the main islands of Japan. He was the second of three children and has an older sister and a younger brother. Money wasn't often an issue in the family and they lived in relative comfort. However Isamu's mother wanted very badly to move the family to Keit as she believed it would be a better place for them. Isamu's father consistently refused and maintained that they would not leave the land of their ancestors for a new experiment of the government.

When Isamu was twelve however his father died. He left Isamu a necklace that had merely a silver circle attached to it. Not sure what it was Isamu still held on to it to remember his father. About a year after Isamu's mother remarried a richer man and together with his siblings the family relocated to Keit where Isamu finished middle School and entered into High School.

Isamu never quite shook off the death of his father. They'd been very close and the mysterious necklace he kept on him had him always contemplating why his father may or may not have left it to him. Things got worse in the family when his older sister left the house to live on her own. She seemed to have taken the death of their father even harder than Isamu had and couldn't stand the new step-father. Isamu didn't much care for his step-father himself. Since the remarriage his mother seemed so much more distant and it didn't improve anymore when a younger half-sister was born to the couple.

Though he had always liked animals in his childhood Isamu found himself taking more to spending time with the family's dog more than people. He started keeping to himself a little more as he tried to cope with the losses as best he could. The whole while the necklace left to him still perplexed him. When he entered high school he found out something about it. He would from time to time, only for a second, catch a glimpse of something in the necklace. It wasn't his reflection that much he was sure of. It seemed to resemble some sort of beast, white in color but he could never be quite sure. He knew it was similar enough a look each time that it couldn't be a mistake.

While still trying to figure out what the image he would see in the circle of the necklace was one day he dropped it. To his alarm when he picked it up a small pie slice like fragment had broken out of the circle on it but otherwise the necklace was unharmed. He looked on the ground of the hallway as best he could but never saw the chipped piece. To his disappointment, the strange image stopped appearing in the necklace after the fragment went missing.

In time the image was pushed to the back of Isamu's mind as he became a sophmore, then junior and now finally a senior in High School. Along the way he had joined several clubs and took to the fencing team and art club in particular. Being a senior he's well enough known at the school but is by no means popular or famous. A little praise for his fencing performance is about the most recognition Isamu's come to expect from anyone at school. He's come to terms with his father's death and to some extent even his mother remarrying; though he still greatly misses his sister who left the family some years before.

One day a note was left at his locker, a small envelope which from the outside he could tell contained a piece of paper and something hard, small, and metallic. Without thinking he put a hand to his necklace as he reached out and opened the envelope. The paper contained information from a Natsuya Toyotomi but before carefully reading it over Isamu reached in to pick up what else was in the envelope. To his astonishment there was a small triangle of silver metal. He knew it couldn't be but by instinct held up his necklace to the piece and tried to see if this piece from the letter fit. Just as he moved the small fragment in to the circle the image of the white beast baring it's fangs flashed across the surface of the circle. Startled, Isamu flinched backward dropping the note he had been holding in his hand. And then the expected sound of metal-on-floor never came. He looked at his necklace to see the circle restored to it's original shape with no indication that the crack had ever occurred. Set off balance by the event Isamu picked up the note once more and carefully read it over. Someone knew about him. Knew about a fragment of his necklace he'd long since thought gone forever. It was time he found out who this person was.
[/spoiler]

[b]Weapon Style: [/b]One-handed swords/Rapiers

[b]Arcana: [/b]The Strength

[b]Multiple Personas? (yes or no):[/b] No
[spoiler=[b]Persona Information:[/b]]
[b]Name: [/b]Cerberus

[spoiler=[b]Appearance:[/b]]
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080613032158/megamitensei/images/thumb/4/48/Cerberus.jpg/816px-Cerberus.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

[b]Method of Summoning: [/b]Evoker

[b]Persona Abilities:[/b]
-Sonic Punch: Forceful strike attack meant to do some damage and knock the enemy off balance.
-Agi: Fire damage to one enemy.
-Mudo: Dark damage to one target, low chance of simply knocking the target out. Increased chances against personas weak to darkness.
-Double Fangs: Two Pierce attacks on an enemy.

[b]Counters: [/b]Cerberus is proficient in Strike Attacks and this knowledge of their workings allows Isamu to more readily counter them with his own weapon.

[b]Blocks: [/b]Cerberus blocks all dark based attacks.

[b]Weaknesses: [/b]Light based attacks can cripple Cerberus quickly. Ice attacks will do sightly better damage to Cerberus as well.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Looks like MKS hasn't been on for a while. And no more exposition of the plot from our host means our characters are devolved to only being confused and asking questions. Essentially, the RP has ground to a halt.

Guess I'll have to play Persona 3 Portable in the meantime.

Archived