Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, The Seven Princes [OOC/Started/Accepting] Co-Host .:Corbenik:.

Persona knowledge  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you know about the persona series?

• I'm a grandmaster The World Arcana holder! I know everything about persona!!!!
    • I've only played one or two of the games but I do know the series as a whole
    • I've only seen walkthroughs/watched a friend play
    • I've only heard about it from word of mouth.
    • This is the first I've heard of "Persona"

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't roleplayed in forever. I'll try to be active.

[size=3][spoiler=Thar's App]
[b]Username:[/b] Ongaku Matsuri
[b]Name:[/b] Tharzo G. Monti
[b]Age:[/b] 20
[spoiler=Appearance:][/size]

[size=2][img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AblriZaTvhA/TesWZqJ3f1I/AAAAAAAAAFc/imn9d0VBZPQ/s1600/AnimeRedheadTrenchcoatGuy.jpg[/img][/size]
[size=3][/spoiler][/size]
[size=3][b]Personality:[/b] Thar's personality is a lot like his Persona's; multiple. Depending on three major factors - surroundings, weather, and people - his emotions and behavioral patterns alternate. A lot of times a combination of any number of those factors could trigger an entirely uniform personality parallel to the circumstances that caused them. To briefly describe them: Cold/bland/quiet = Reserved; Warm/neutral-activity/semi-social = Calm and enlightened; Hot/chaotic/tense = Down and angry.[/size]
[size=3][b]Bio:[/b] Tharzo was born in Kent, but he was treated like an outcast. He found himself unsatisfied with nearly every element of human activity, which gave his social life a whack in the head. While carrying limited knowledge of his true abilities, he was forced to come home one day to receive a letter from a person named [/size][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]Natsuya Toyotomi that not only drew out his abilities, but gave him the conscience to control them. [/size][/font][size=3]He has several hideouts throughout the area, but with his new knowledge of his abilities, he put them to use by keeping records of his close encounters with his common enemies and keeps in touch with the many parts of his inner self. He knows little of the outside world but always tries to set out and explore to find more hideouts to check into in case he finds its use most necessary.[/size]
[size=3][spoiler=[/size][size=3]Weapon style:][/size]

[size=2][img]http://www.kingofswords.com/images/tomahawkskullslashbladegauntlet.jpg[/img][/size]
[size=3][b]Arcana:[/b] Arcana Zero - The Fool[/size]
[size=3][b]Multiple Personas?:[/b] Right now, just one. But might add more throughout the story.[/size]
[size=3][spoiler=Persona information:][/size]
[size=3][b]Name:[/b] Entertainer[/size]
[url="http://t0.gstatic.co...rlTdh5kV-6O5_2w"][size=3][b]Appearance[/b][/size][/url]
[size=3][b]Method of summoning:[/b] Arcana card of the Fool.[/size]
[b][size=3]Persona abilities:[/size][/b]
[size=3]Twin Shot[/size]
[size=3]Weary thrust[/size]
[size=3]Sonic Punch[/size]
[size=3][b]Counters:[/b] Charm[/size]
[size=3][b]Block:[/b] Hama skills[/size]
[size=3][b]Weakness:[/b] Agi Skills[/size]

I think you're missing a bio there, Matsuri.
[b]EDIT: [/b]Nevermind, didn't notice you screwed up the wordwrap.

Incidentally, are we allowed to have characters that happen to share an arcana? For example, I've been working on a Fool for the past couple weeks (got writer's block on the bio for a while) and that aspect's kinda important to her entire concept, so I hope Matsuri didn't just lock me out of actually submitting the damned thing that I've been hammering away at for far too long.

@Matsuri: Unless I'm very much mistaken, you are not allowed to make up your own Persona abilities. Mortal Kombat Smoke has provided a list of skills, so use that instead. Same goes for your weaknesses, counter, and block; use ones that already exist instead of making up your own. You should probably be able to look up a real Persona from the actual series as a guide.

[quote name='Ongaku Matsuri' timestamp='1326669360' post='5765809']
Haven't roleplayed in forever. I'll try to be active.

[size=2][img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AblriZaTvhA/TesWZqJ3f1I/AAAAAAAAAFc/imn9d0VBZPQ/s1600/AnimeRedheadTrenchcoatGuy.jpg[/img][/size]
[size=3][b]Personality:[/b] Thar's personality is a lot like his Persona's; multiple. Depending on three major factors - surroundings, weather, and people - his emotions and behavioral patterns alternate. A lot of times a combination of any number of those factors could trigger an entirely uniform personality parallel to the circumstances that caused them. To briefly describe them: Cold/bland/quiet = Reserved; Warm/neutral-activity/semi-social = Calm and enlightened; Hot/chaotic/tense = Down and angry.[/size]
[size=3][b]Bio:[/b] Tharzo was born in Kent, but he was treated like an outcast. He found himself unsatisfied with nearly every element of human activity, which gave his social life a whack in the head. He has several hideouts throughout the area for when he gets miraculously dropped off from his mode of transportation. In these hideouts is where he keeps records of his close encounters with his common enemies and keeps in touch with the many parts of his inner self. He knows little of the outside world but always tries to set out and explore to find more hideouts to check into in case he finds its use most necessary.[/size]

[size=2][img]http://www.kingofswords.com/images/tomahawkskullslashbladegauntlet.jpg[/img][/size]
[size=3][b]Multiple Personas?:[/b] Right now, just one. But might add more throughout the story.[/size]
[size=3][spoiler=[/size][size=3][b]Appearance:][/b][/size]
[size=3][url="http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPyKeGbE_GH4e_fFsIbqgXk44ejIWooDqLJDFTuynETrlTdh5kV-6O5_2w"]http://t0.gstatic.co...rlTdh5kV-6O5_2w[/url][/size]
[size=3][spoiler=[/size][size=3]Persona abilities:][/size]
[size=3]- [b]Creeper's Deck[/b] (Persona carries a deck of cards on his person and can control the cards, which he can use as lethal weapons with the cutting strength of a razor blade and the bludgeoning strength of a sludge hammer.)[/size]
[size=3]- [b]Jester's Staff[/b] (A staff with a swirling pattern along the shaft and a golden ball on the top. When spun overhead he can use it for flying, and when smashed on the ground he can break the Earth within a 50 meter radius and shoot up a mass of land that can launch a truck a great distance.)[/size]
[size=3]- [b]Shadow Cloak[/b] (The cloak he wears can turn him invisible and hide his position from any tracking device or ability. He can also hide his footprints and personal sound from giving away his presence.)[/size]
[size=3][b]Counters:[/b] Mind-control attempts[/size]
[size=3][b]Block:[/b] Any light-based attacks, including melee weapon enchantments[/size]
[size=3][b]Weakness:[/b] Temperatures exceeding normal body temperature.[/size]
[/quote]

Unfortunayley you cannot make your own spells. Also you cannot make up your own weaknesses and there aren't really mind control attempts. What I'd say for your guy would be:
Weakness:
Agi skills
Blocks:
Hama skills
Counters:
Charm
Attacks:
Sonic Punch
Twin Shot
Sukukaja

ALSO something is missing from your bio that was stated in the rules

[quote name='-Zecora-' timestamp='1326734621' post='5766894']
Oh, and you called Natsuya a man.
[/quote]

I knew I'd screw [i]something[/i] up.

Nonetheless, I think MKS got it on the money, except maybe the Sukukaja, cause my persona isn't a team fighter.

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1326853843' post='5769290']
And you kind of ignored the life changing inquiry about the cards as well.
[/quote]
[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1326745308' post='5767220']
Um... MK? Xiva never actually signed the contract. She only said that she'd stick around and ask a few questions.

I never said Lily signed the contract either, but... screw it, let's just say she did *shrugs shoulders*
[/quote]

okay sorry sorry >.<

look honestly, I'm just kind of mind f*cked at the moment. I haven't been able to focus on the RP

I'll edit the post tomorrow k?

Another app. This one's already been accepted by MKS via PM.

[spoiler= Kameko Yukamen]
[b]Username: [/b]Hydra of Gentlemanliness
[b]Name:[/b] Kameko Yukamen
[b]Age:[/b] 16
[b]Class:[/b] Sophomore
[b]Appearance: [/b]Kameko is a very attractive girl for her age, standing at about 5'2 with shorter brown hair interspersed with blond. A long line of pure blond hair hangs by the left of her face, which is held in position by a hairclip in the shape of a blue butterfly; her eyes match this accessory, being a particularly bright and striking baby blue shade. Her face is rather soft, though with sharp lines around her eyes that make her look perpetually determined; eve when absolutely bored, her facial features betray some sort of frustration or another.
She has a very slim, athletic body with particularly good legs, suited for playing any sort of sport. While not exactly muscular, nobody could doubt that Kameko isn't active just by looking at her- her skin, while not particularly tan, is has a rather healthy glow to it.
While wearing the school uniform obviously at school, outside of it she takes on clothing that isn't particularly different- a short dark blue skirt and a form-fitting white blouse with a dark blue blazer left unzipped over it, the back of the blazer designed with a golden butterly on the back.
[b]Personality: [/b]Kameko is an exceptionally active girl, though it stems from an odd sort. Originally having dealt with a severe case of depression, she bounces back in quite possibly the complete opposite way- becoming extraordinarily active and cheerful. Whatever Kameko does, she puts her entire effort into it- perhaps too much so- and attempts to see it through to the end. Unfortunately, she has the tendency to be incredibly self-centered; it's very difficult for her to consider other people, and even more difficult to convince her that she should care. If people aren't involved in what she wants to accomplish, they're no concern of hers and she doesn't have to care about them. Likewise, while she isn't unaware of the emotions of others, she rarely pays them any mind- and even worse, she finds it hard to identify that other people may not like or dislike the same things as her.
Perhaps Kameko's worst quality is her selfishness, which stems from the belief that the world should revolve around her. After coming to terms with herself, she decided that the world as it was simply wasn't worth living in- it was up to her to change it so it was, and in doing so she is both able and willing to demolish every status quo in her way. Kameko's ultimate, rather dangerous goal is to change the very nature of the world itself- the type of goal that one might well have to be God to accomplish.
[b]Bio: [/b]Kameko had a very usual childhood, growing up with an average pair of parents in a middling-sized city on the outskirts of Tokyo, not far enough from the city to be a small-town truly, but not close enough to the urban center to be truly city. She had a usual group of friends, a normal school life, and had slightly above-average marks- the kind of thing that would eventually push her into an alright school, and then maybe into a career as a mildly successful salarywoman or wife to salaryman. There were really no complaints she could have, truly.
And then Kameko realized the world was stupid.
It dawned on her slowly. At first, she felt, rather slowly... bored, with the world. At first, she just thought she was getting bored of the routine of school, but... no, that wasn't it. She wasn't looking forward to driving, or drinking, or any of those other adult things. High School and College looked just like Middle School, just with longer hours. All the clubs were uninteresting. Sports were boring after a week or so. How did people keep up their entire lives like this? Was she the only one who realized how silly everything was?
Slightly disturbed, she took up writing fiction for a while, and really liked that. Making up new stories was fun, and the fictional worlds behind them were exciting and new. She watched a lot of television and read a lot of books and manga alike. And that was fine for a while. But even then, she realized what the point of fiction was- fake things were so much more interesting than real ones. So why did the real world exist? If other people could think of exciting things that didn't exist in their real world, then their real world must be incredibly flawed. What was the point of growing up when nothing exciting would be waiting for her?
Now disgusted, Kameko fell into a deep depression. Why care about anything, now? Goals were meaningless. People, pointless. Everything was so pointless, so, so... [b]normal. [/b]She'd fallen into a deep sense of apathy- even life and death were meaningless. Well, maybe not. Maybe there was something more interesting on the other side of death.
This continued longer than Kameko ever could consider. She slowly realized that she was just one girl in a population beyond all comprehension. All of their lives were more or less the same as hers. There was nothing exciting out there, and she wasn't anyone important; only a handful of people would care if she died, and then a year or two later, nobody would even remember who she was. So why did she matter at all.
And then came the revelation.
She had a dream. There was blue, lots of blue everywhere- and a golden butterfly that flew through the air. It touched her, and then a soothing voice spoke to her- she could never remember the words exactly, or what his face looked like, though she did recall seeing a mask.
She learned that she, specifically, was special. There was a power within her that was unique, a power about the truth of herself locked within. It sounded cliche, but it was all Kameko needed to know- there was something within her, the essence of herself, that was greater than the rest. She wasn't just a faceless member of a crowd- she was a watcher, someone who could safely let the individual people fade into obscurity.
She woke up that day knowing something specific- she could change the world. And nobody could stop her from doing it.
[b]Weapon style: [/b]Staff
[b]Arcana:[/b] [i]0[/i] The Fool
[b]Multiple Personas?[/b] Yes
[spoiler=Persona Demiurge]
[b]Name:[/b] Demiurge
[b]Appearance:[/b] Demiurge is a behemoth being, a gigantic dark angel that towers over most other Persona. It has eight great wings, each colored a different shade of the rainbow- but rendered in shadow, as if he were always within a poorly lit room- and a humanoid body at the center, a monolith carved out of platinum in the shape of a human shape, though the gender can't be determined. Demiurge's body is covered by armor apparently made of clay or a similar material, which covers its head with a mask depicting sealed eyes, nose and mouth- while its arms are long and powerful, made of a bright beautiful metal, its hands are covered in the same claylike substance and locked together in an open-palmed position, preventing it from ever making a fist; a ninth small pair of wings reach around his waist, covering most of his mid-area, but revealing his legs beneath it- its right leg is totally unsealed, but the right is chained by a rope of clay that twists around the leg.
[b]Method of summoning:[/b] Via thought.
[b]Persona abilities:[/b]
Mamudo
Mahama
Media
Gate [i](Passive. Sets two random elements to Block and one to Weakness, except Darkness, Light or Almighty, each turn.)[/i]
[b]Counters:[/b] None.
[b]Block:[/b] None.
[b]Weakness:[/b] Darkness and Light skills.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Alright, haven't been co-host for a long time.

Now... suppose I have an app to look over, for starters =/

EDIT:

[quote name='Ongaku Matsuri' timestamp='1326669360' post='5765809']

[size=3][b]Bio:[/b] Tharzo was born in Kent, but he was treated like an outcast. He found himself unsatisfied with nearly every element of human activity, which gave his social life a whack in the head. While carrying limited knowledge of his true abilities, he was forced to come home one day to receive a letter from a person named [/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Natsuya Toyotomi that not only drew out his abilities, but gave him the conscience to control them. [/size][/font][size=3]He has several hideouts throughout the area, but with his new knowledge of his abilities, he put them to use by keeping records of his close encounters with his common enemies and keeps in touch with the many parts of his inner self. He knows little of the outside world but always tries to set out and explore to find more hideouts to check into in case he finds its use most necessary.[/size]

[url="http://t0.gstatic.co...rlTdh5kV-6O5_2w"][size=3][b]Appearance[/b][/size][/url]
[b][size=3]Persona abilities:[/size][/b]
[size=3]Twin Shot[/size]
[size=3]Weary thrust[/size]
[size=3]Sonic Punch[/size]
[size=3][b]Counters:[/b] Charm[/size]
[size=3][b]Block:[/b] Hama skills[/size]
[size=3][b]Weakness:[/b] Agi Skills[/size]
[/quote]

Oh yeah, this one. Still missing an item that links the guy to his past, so unless I'm suddenly overruled by MK, I'm gonna have to decline the app until it's fixed. Plus the Persona pic's broken as well.

Archived