The Mario Kart Club: Everything Mario Kart [Join Today!]

Anti-Apocryphal

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1325641255' post='5747153']
I tend to focus more on Acceleration, because Speed won't help you if you can't recover quickly enough from getting hit to win.
[/quote]

Acceleration won't help if you get hit by a Red, Blue, AND a Green shell all at the finish line of the stupid course because the AI is a stupid cheating bastard and drops you from first place to fifth and screws you over. /raeg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Ghirahim - Demon Lord' timestamp='1325644096' post='5747222']
Acceleration won't help if you get hit by a Red, Blue, AND a Green shell all at the finish line of the stupid course because the AI is a stupid cheating bastard and drops you from first place to fifth and screws you over. /raeg
[/quote]
Oh you ^^ (I know how that feels). However, it is because of the AI being retardedly Hive-Minded (I swear, when 2nd place person threw a Red Shell, person with the Lightning Bolt immediately used it and got rid of all my protection, ultimately getting me hit with the Red Shell the person in 2nd place threw).

I know, it sucks. My biggest loss was in Mirror Mode, I was in first place and about 20 meters from the finish, when suddenly...

OMG [color=#ff0000][b]RED SHELL[/b][/color]! SH*T [b][color=#daa520]STARMAN[/color][/b]! MOTHERF*CKING [b][color=#ffff00]LIGHTNING[/color][/b]! HOLY CRAP [b]BULLET BILL[/b]!

...12th place...

[quote name='Ongaku Matsuri' timestamp='1325695274' post='5747827']
I know, it sucks. My biggest loss was in Mirror Mode, I was in first place and about 20 meters from the finish, when suddenly...

OMG [color=#ff0000][b]RED SHELL[/b][/color]! SH*T [b][color=#daa520]STARMAN[/color][/b]! MOTHERF*CKING [b][color=#ffff00]LIGHTNING[/color][/b]! HOLY CRAP [b]BULLET BILL[/b]!

...12th place...
[/quote]

That's just called getting hit by everything but the kitchen sink, which still is terrible. The AI in MK7 is adaptively intelligent, meaning that they interact with each other in every way possible just to make you lose the race. It especially is terrible in that game, especially if you have maxed out your coins (10). Lightning Bolt knocks out 3 coins, then getting hit with the Red Shell takes out another 3 coins. You are down to 4 coins and are terribly downgraded in speed and weight just because of a 2-hit combo that the AI likes to consistently use. How is that fair?

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1325698479' post='5747877']
That's just called getting hit by everything but the kitchen sink, which still is terrible. The AI in MK7 is adaptively intelligent, meaning that they interact with each other in every way possible just to make you lose the race. It especially is terrible in that game, especially if you have maxed out your coins (10). Lightning Bolt knocks out 3 coins, then getting hit with the Red Shell takes out another 3 coins. You are down to 4 coins and are terribly downgraded in speed and weight just because of a 2-hit combo that the AI likes to consistently use. How is that fair?
[/quote]

It's Nintendo Hard.

It doesn't need to be fair, just hard somehow.

[quote name='Ghirahim - Demon Lord' timestamp='1325698711' post='5747887']

It's Nintendo Hard.

It doesn't need to be fair, just hard somehow.
[/quote]

You got me there, except for the fact that it isn't hard but just incredibly annoying to the extent in where you can lose if the AI can keep chaining to that combo.

This is the reason why I can't accomplish the feat of getting ***. I'll always stay **. =/

So, I want to say something about Wi-Fi...so I will.

I love whenever I go on and keep getting beat (2nd place) by one single person, then a race comes and I win.

POP QUIZ:

What do I (being Future Paradise) usually do when I pull off these upsets?

A: Laugh and race again
B: Quit so he can't get back at me
C: Just take it casually and wait for another race
D: *heart attack*

It's weird that Zucchini and Flower Glider are among the middle-rewards, but I had to gather up 3500 coins just to collect the Blue-Seven. I also need to get the Cloud Car and the Hornet (if that is what the bee vehicle is called) along with another Glider.

[quote name='Ongaku Matsuri' timestamp='1325816372' post='5750263']
I've been doing pretty well on the Wi-Fi tournaments on MK Wii recently.

Who else does those? Just curious.
[/quote]

I would like to know more. I had no clue about this.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1325859712' post='5750752']
It's weird that Zucchini and Flower Glider are among the middle-rewards, but I had to gather up 3500 coins just to collect the Blue-Seven. I also need to get the Cloud Car and the Hornet (if that is what the bee vehicle is called) along with another Glider.
[/quote]

Are you kidding me? I haven't got the Zuc. or the FG and I've got 1500+ pts. =/

[quote name='Future Paradise' timestamp='1325890460' post='5751617']
I would like to know more. I had no clue about this.
[/quote]

Mario Kart Wii has a Wi-Fi Connection (which I'm sure you know about), and one of the options on the Wi-Fi screen is a "Tournament/Event", which is the bottom option. Usually it's something like a time trial, grab the coins, or race through a number of rings in a record time. Then afterwards, it sends your time and compares it to players from around the world. It's really fun. You should try it.

EDIT: Post 69. [img]http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/18371394/view/1/producttypecolor/351/type/png/width/190/height/190/men-s-t-shirt-like-a-boss-meme-per-diems-com_design.png[/img]

Archived