Puppet Master: Discussion

Why not make my own discussion thread? But in the moment, i just wanna know the thoughts of this card!

PuppetMasterGB7-JP-UR.jpg

Puppet Master

[justify]When you Tribute Summon this card, you may pay 2000 Life Points to Special Summon 2 Fiend-Type monsters from your Graveyard to your side of the field. The monsters summoned by this effect cannot attack during the same turn they were summoned.[/justify]

i reckon its a not bad card... well sorta... it can be searched through Sangan... and you can revive Sangan to get another monster... overall it has its downsides... but its nto to bad and i hope it comes into the TCG sometime soon

Now you?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm going crazy. I thought that a bunch of n00bs came into this thread and created a giant quote p-. Oh, nevermind, I guess I'm not crazy.

Doom Shaman is a better card in ways, but Puppet Master and he are meant to function in different ways. Let's disect the two cards:

PUPPET

- Puppet Master MUST be Tribute Summoned to use its effect.

- You have to pay LP's for Puppet.

- Puppet has 0 ATK.

- Puppet's monsters don't go away when he does.

- Summons 2 monsters.

SHAMAN

- Has to be Second Summoned in some way to gain his effect.

- Can do it once per turn at no cost.

- Has 2400 ATK

- Summons 1 monster.

- When he's destroyed, away goes his summoned cards.

Guest Chaos Pudding

I think I'm going crazy. I thought that a bunch of n00bs came into this thread and created a giant quote p-. Oh' date=' nevermind, I guess I'm not crazy.

Doom Shaman is a better card in ways, but Puppet Master and he are meant to function in different ways. Let's disect the two cards:

PUPPET

- Puppet Master MUST be Tribute Summoned to use its effect.

- You have to pay LP's for Puppet.

- Puppet has 0 ATK.

- Puppet's monsters don't go away when he does.

- Summons 2 monsters.

SHAMAN

- Has to be Second Summoned in some way to gain his effect.

- Can do it once per turn at no cost.

- Has 2400 ATK

- Summons 1 monster.

- When he's destroyed, away goes his summoned cards.

[/quote']

Yes, they do function in two different ways. Doom Shaman functions in a better way.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Never said he didn't. I was just saying that they're not doing the same exact things. Now that I think about it' date=' I guess I was just trying to strike up real discussion instead of n00bz.

[/quote']

What's to discuss? We never said they were the same, we said that Doom Shaman does the job of Puppet Master better.

Never said he didn't. I was just saying that they're not doing the same exact things. Now that I think about it' date=' I guess I was just trying to strike up real discussion instead of n00bz.

[/quote']

What's to discuss? We never said they were the same, we said that Doom Shaman does the job of Puppet Master better.

It doesn't matter if you say it or not, what I say is said and it's up for discussion. That's what I was talking about, brother.

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

It doesn't matter if you say it or not, what I say is said and it's up for discussion. That's what I was talking about, brother.

Again, I ask: what is there to discuss? You pointed out the differences, and it is pretty clear which ones are pros or cons. What else is there to it?

[/quote']

Again, I ask: what is there to discuss? You pointed out the differences, and it is pretty clear which ones are pros or cons. What else is there to it?

I think I put the emffasis on the wrong salable.

What is there to discuss? We could discuss on situations where one would be more useful than the other. Because you can't base a card on a single situation. You also have to think about what kind of deck you're running the card in.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Why would I point out the situation? I'm not about to start arguing for the other side. If you are so hot to trot to discuss the card, then do so. Otherwise, stop posting in this thread and let it die.

Why would I point out the situation? I'm not about to start arguing for the other side. If you are so hot to trot to discuss the card' date=' then do so. Otherwise, stop posting in this thread and let it die.

[/quote']

1. I never said you were.

2. I never said I was.

3. I would have stopped if you hadn't kept asking questions.

One shouldn't try to foster discussion unless one is prepared to argue his/her point. You should have just left it at the quote pyramid.

You like to make very obscure references. I like that, but it also makes your arguments weaker xP

I am choosing to end this now because if it continues I'll end up just arguing with the same exact words over and over again. Seeing as people don't like to see themselves be proved wrong :[

anyway, besides spam messages and the dumb pyramid... i could point a situation were puppet is better than shaman, but the high-class and high-skilled members of this forum will say that still it's pointless because they're so pro that they won't use those cards, and because of that, no one will...

Archived