The Duel Portal Program - Available Now (topic remade)

seattleite

Guest ~~Xiahou Dun~~

if that's me yes i have all checked but these

1. <Do you have Administrator privileges installed on your computer?
  2. <Do you have the latest copy of Microsoft .NET Framework Plug-In?

those i don't how do i get them? help>

For the Administrator Privileges:

Start-->Control Panel-->I think it's User Account Control (hasn't had XP in a while because I'm using 7 now)-->Change Administrative Settings.

And for the Microsoft .NET Framework, just Google it. The first thing that should pop up is the Microsoft Website, and they have a Version 4 out now.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, first download it-done

second, opening it-done

• then, i get all these folders
  • Dualportal is there as it's own file *click* it's just won't work

PHOTOS OF PROVE:

1. untitled-1.jpg
  2. untitled1.jpg
  3. untitled2.jpg

if that's me yes i have all checked but these

1. <Do you have Administrator privileges installed on your computer?
  2. <Do you have the latest copy of Microsoft .NET Framework Plug-In?

those i don't how do i get them? help>

Well, if those above don't work and depending on your type of computer, the only thing I can think of is either download it again, hen open folder, then unzip it with 7-zip and then load it.....it should maybe work, thats what I did.....If not, then I can't think of anything else....

mikel, from what I've looked at, that error can appear if you don't have the framework installed.

the link can be hard to find, so here

http://www.microsoft...ang=en&id=17851

Well, if those above don't work and depending on your type of computer, the only thing I can think of is either download it again, hen open folder, then unzip it with 7-zip and then load it.....it should maybe work, thats what I did.....If not, then I can't think of anything else....

For the Administrator Privileges:

Start-->Control Panel-->I think it's User Account Control (hasn't had XP in a while because I'm using 7 now)-->Change Administrative Settings.

And for the Microsoft .NET Framework, just Google it. The first thing that should pop up is the Microsoft Website, and they have a Version 4 out now.

Done it-Thanks to all.

-Now checking...

:)

-Done!

Thanks all it works now i just have start playing...

Name:Mikel.

Reason:

I would like to put my cards in, thanks

LINK: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/276003-the-forwardage-saga/page__fromsearch__1

\ And i did edit them -tell if i have to post them edited

Still trying to figure this out, it always gives me an error when I try to make a new card...it adds it to the list but the effect is missing :/

Tried a couple of times too, some kind of error message comes up..

Btw, is there going to be an image support soon?

EDIT: got it to work and uploaded my cards. My username's the same as on here.

But for some reason it crashes me whenever I click on connect > Server (Host) :/

EDIT 2: aaand am now on Hamachi (DuelPortal7/8/9/10), so whoever wants to duel is welcome~

Still trying to figure this out, it always gives me an error when I try to make a new card...it adds it to the list but the effect is missing :/

Tried a couple of times too, some kind of error message comes up..

Btw, is there going to be an image support soon?

EDIT: got it to work and uploaded my cards. My username's the same as on here.

But for some reason it crashes me whenever I click on connect > Server (Host) :/

EDIT 2: aaand am now on Hamachi (DuelPortal7/8/9/10), so whoever wants to duel is welcome~

How long is the effect? If the effect is too long there may be unexpected errors like these. If so, see if you can shorten the wording on your effect.

There is image support. The images tab is under the Deck Edito.

Crashing when hosting? As in an error message pops up, a "trust this program" pops up or the program actually closes itself?

How long is the effect? If the effect is too long there may be unexpected errors like these. If so, see if you can shorten the wording on your effect.

Crashing when hosting? As in an error message pops up, a "trust this program" pops up or the program actually closes itself?

got the first problem fixed ^^

I uploaded my whole archetype on there and made a deck.

Oh! I need to try the image tab!

And no, just the whole program crashes and a window comes up "DuelPortal9.exe has stopped working" on it.

Kenji Inuma also had the same problem. We dueled once on there and then when we wanted to play again, neither could host without it crashing.

wait i can make my deck with pictures if i can then i would like me detail on this.

-Mikel.

Thanks

@ Mikel - Yes, we have a video tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enpF8wK5Mak

@ Scheath - Like I said the card has to be spelled, spaced and capitalized exactly how it was entered. Or, you could just click "Download all cards in database"

It can also help, while your downloading all cards, to go to the Images ---> Individual folder to see the card images popping up.

Guest ~~Xiahou Dun~~

How do you duel? Do you just ask people on the hamatchi server if they want to duel? It seems very difficult to duel with people you don't know personally.

El Correctomundo.

Otherwise, this wouldn't be a community-based project, now, would it?

So, on March 20th (Date subject to change, if you guys think that isn't enough time), all cards that haven't been used in at least 1 deck in at least 1 duel will be removed from the pool and saved in an archive.

Every time you duel (including your tournament duels you are doing right now), the game uploads your deck to a file online. You don't have to summon / activate a card for it to be added, and it includes your extra deck too. Just as long as you put the card in your Deck / Extra Deck and used that deck in a duel, it will be uploaded.

One catch is that in order for your deck to be uploaded, you have to had saved / loaded it in the deck editor. As long as you pressed one of those 2 buttons you're ok.

Also, this Operation only applies to cards released before the 3000th card, Ordo Neo Terrestrial. But right now, that's basically every card.

For a list of cards that are safe / cards in danger of being archived, this page is extremely helpful:

http://lccg.somee.com/CardsUsedDisplay.aspx

So, on March 20th (Date subject to change, if you guys think that isn't enough time), all cards that haven't been used in at least 1 deck in at least 1 duel will be removed from the pool and saved in an archive.

Every time you duel (including your tournament duels you are doing right now), the game uploads your deck to a file online. You don't have to summon / activate a card for it to be added, and it includes your extra deck too. Just as long as you put the card in your Deck / Extra Deck and used that deck in a duel, it will be uploaded.

One catch is that in order for your deck to be uploaded, you have to had saved / loaded it in the deck editor. As long as you pressed one of those 2 buttons you're ok.

Also, this Operation only applies to cards released before the 3000th card, Ordo Neo Terrestrial. But right now, that's basically every card.

For a list of cards that are safe / cards in danger of being archived, this page is extremely helpful:

http://lccg.somee.co...sedDisplay.aspx

the Ordo Archetype are my cards :'D

I guess I should use Ordo Neo and Megastig before the 20th or they'll get removed...

Not a lot of people get on the DuelingPortal's network, and far not as many answer when I ask for a duel though..

Anyways, can you tell us when the Hosting bug will be fixed, and if there's going to be a new version of DuelPortal anytime soon?

the Ordo Archetype are my cards :'D

I guess I should use Ordo Neo and Megastig before the 20th or they'll get removed...

Not a lot of people get on the DuelingPortal's network, and far not as many answer when I ask for a duel though..

Anyways, can you tell us when the Hosting bug will be fixed, and if there's going to be a new version of DuelPortal anytime soon?

If it's not enough time we could always extend it.

Hosting bug is weird because I rarely get it and it's hard to reproduce. But once I figure it out a new version will be out.

Guest ~~Xiahou Dun~~

I'm always up for dueling, especially when I'm bored like when I am now.

And I need to use my Guidance, or else I risk having them be deleted from the archive.

Because I can and want to. I have opened 5 extra Duel Portals. Feel free to join 1. DuelPortal11 to 15 are now open and ready for dueling. Passwords of course is DuelPortal(#). BTW I heard about 2000 cards are being removed. Sea do not remove the cards in KRST1 plox.

Archived