MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Wulf noticed the oncoming attackers when Tinker noticed them. He hadn't known what to do. He wasn't prepared for this. The attackers were upon them. Blazer was fending a couple off.

"[i]This is the end," [/i]He thought, [i]"I never should have left the hospital in this state..."[/i]

He was preparing for one of the attackers to end him, when everything seemed to freeze. Well, except for the small group. Then a cloaked figure appeared. He listened to the quick conversation.

[i]"So this mysterious pony is here to help?"[/i] He wondered.

Then the cloaked pony held out a hoof, and said he could transport them somewhere.

Wulf replied, "Well, thats great and all, but I kind of can't move...Do you think you could come over here?"

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder Brush just stared at the mystery pony for a few seconds, "Me?" he asked, "Significant?" he went on, in a confused tone. He found the concept rather hard to believe, he had never thought he would be important; just a roaming artist on a pilgrimage, not important. Forgetting about that momentarily, he decided to go along with this Pony, and placed a forehoof onto his back. He looked over to see Wulf complaining about not being able to get over here. He gave a little sigh, then, enveloping both his horn and Wulf in a soft violet glow, slowly lifted him over to the mystery Pony's other side, where he could easily put a hoof on him, "There, better?" Wonder asked him, a little worn out from the act.

Snowfire sighed as he wandered the halls. He looked to the sides of the halls, "Why am I not just going back to my room and resting this off?" he wondered aloud, "Maybe I'll feel calmer if I go talk with Epsilon, Sigma, Delta, Upsilon, and Phi..." he thought aloud, "Nah, I'll just go have a nap" he decided in the end, walked to his room, and threw himself onto his bed, "Why does this still bother me? There's not a pony in the world who can beat me, 'cept Shadow Wing of course, so there's nothing to worry about!" he assured himself, "I... I just need to sleep, that's all"

Blazer's fast galloping turned into a trot as she looked around to see everyone and everything frozen in place. "Wh- What?" A flash of black appeared between her and the other ponies. Blazer looked on in astonishment to see a mysterious cloaked pony. The cloaked pony called out for her and the others, but she was nervous to respond to the call. She saw as Wonder walked over to meet this pony. Blazer shook off her nerves, and walked toward the mysterious pony.

Blazer placed her hoof on the dark blue colored pony, and looked over at Wonder. "Do you think this is the best idea?" She asked. She was a bit uncertain of things to come.

The cloaked pony nodded, lowering his raised hoof slowly. "[color=#0000CD][i]Don't let go.[/i][/color]" he said, touching his hoof to Wonder Brush's forehead, and nicking Wulf's body with a hind leg. In an instant, the party was thrown into an abyss of darkness. It was pitch-black, so thick that one couldn't see a hoof in front of their face. All the light was gone, save for a soft, deep-blue light eminating from enderneath the mysterious pony's cloak. The darkness still washed over them blindingly for what seemed like a few long minutes. After those long minutes, the darkness began to fade and was replaced by a dim light. The light overshadowed the light from the mysterious pony, growing brighter with each passing second. The light kept shining, until it was as blinding as the darkness from before.
Then a flash of black, and the light was gone.
It was replaced by color. Various colors, making up various shapes. Everything blurred into focus after a short moment or two. The group was outside the town now. Standing a few yards away was an awe-struck Morning Sun. The mysterious pony turned to her. "[color=#0000cd][i]I believe I have found them.[/i][/color]"

Wonder thought for a moment about Blazer's question "No" he replied, albiet a bit cheerfully, right before the mysterious pony transported them all through some weird pitch-black thingy for what seemed like minutes, until color returned to the world, and into view came a rather odd looking white Pony with red markings over her body and pitch black eyes. Near her was a white Pegasus with a blue mane, a brown Pegasus with a blonde mane, and a green Pegasus with a blonde mane. Wonder Brush stood staring at them for a moment before managing to open his mouth, "I... Who... What..." he babbled, not being able to form words correctly. He stopped for a second, breathed in, then turned to the mysterious pony, "Alright, few questions, one, can I ask exactly who you are?" he asked, "Second, what exactly are we all doing here anyway, and who are all these ponies?"

Honeypot watched as there was a flash of black, and a plethora of ponies popped up, one of them wearing an odd cloak. The green unicorn fellow began to speak with the cloaked one, so she decided not to say anything for the time being.

Tinker stared at where the ponies dissipated. Why was she forgotten at a time like this! She looked panicked at the advancing troops and began to run.

"Starlight RUN! There army is coming!!!"

Back at the outskirts of town Starlight heard Tinkers warning.

He took a step back and looked at them and addressed them like a leader, or a VIP and began to speak.
"Listen, I don't nearly have enough time at all to explain everything to you ponies. But please trust me when I say this. It is not safe to stay here. I won't force you to do anything against you will, but over nothing else I want your safety. After I make sure everypony is safe I will explain myself, and will let you decide. Morning Sun, you and your friend, please guide these ponies to safety in Everfree, at the Temple of the Two sisters. I will meet you there after I retrieve Tinker, since apparently no pony remembered her."

Starlight was po'd at the new shadowy stallion, and he wasn't afraid to show it.

After testing his body with a few steps to see if he was ready to fly again, Starlight stretched out his wings, and went in for Tinker.

• 2 weeks later...

The myterious figure turned back towards the pony who had addressed him before, as he was addressing him once more. He pulled back his hood, letting his long, almost-pitch-black mane flow down the left side of his facem completely covering it from view. His visible eye was a pure-white color. "[i][color=#0000cd]I suppose some answers are in order...[/color][/i]" he began. "[i][color=#0000cd]My name is Crescent Shadow. I brought you all here simply because... you needed to be brought here. This is what Fate has dictated. Wether or not you choose to stay with this fatem or leave it behind and continue about your own lives is up to your own free will.[/color][/i]" he explained. Morning Sun came up next to him now, eyeing the talkative unicorn that Crescent had just answered.

Wonder Brush nodded a little, "Alright, that certainly helps. Though I'm not sure about this talk of fate..." he replied, satisfied enough with his answers. He looked off past Crescent Shadow and the other pony who he could only assume he was associated with, who was now eyeing him, which admittedly put him off a little, and made him slightly nervous. Regardless, he managed to say, "Um, didn't that Pegasus mention something about a temple? We... may wanna check that out." He turned to look at Blazer, "Right?" he asked, hoping she would be able to back him up. [i]'Though I do have to wonder about Tinker. Admittedly it was her own fault for not getting to Crescent Shadow quick enough, but I still hope she's going to be alright with that wave there...'[/i]

Honeypot looked on at what was happening, "This sure is shaping up to be an odd day," she noted aloud, "And now I'm going to a temple"

Crescent simply nodded. "[i][color=#0000cd]The temple that the pegasus spoke of is located within the forest. I would be able to take you part-way, if you'd like, though only part-way. If you [/color][/i][color=#0000CD]do [i]decide to embark on this journey, you must see the end of it yourself.[/i][/color]" he said. He looked in the direction of the forest, a place generally avoided. Morning was still curiously observing Wonder Brush. "[i][color=#0000cd]If that is the path you will choose, then you may follow me into the-[/color][/i]" Crescent began. Before he could finish, however, Morning dawned a look of joy on her face, reared back, and jumped at Wonder Brush, tackle-hugging him. "[i]I KNEW IT![/i]" she shouted out.

Wonder Brush listened to what Crescent was saying intently, all this was actually very interesting, and was about to say something along the lines of 'Yes, this is the path I've chosen. You told me I was supposed to be important to something. I'm still not sure about that, but I have no reason to doubt you, and as far as I'm concerned, if I have any reason to think that these ponies might help in rescuing the Princesses, then I'll go with them, and I'd be delighted to let you take us part-way to the temple". Yes, he was going to say that, but he was promptly interrupted by the Mare next to him, joyously tackle-hugging him, which caused him to collapse to the ground, not being able to brace himself, and being weak in general. He felt heat rush to his face, and was quite obviously embarrassed and confused from this Mare hugging him all of the sudden. He quickly looked to Blazer, which only made him a bit more embarrased. Not attempting to even get free, of her grasp, Wonder gulped, then asked the Mare, "Umm, knew what, exactly?"

Morning looked back at him, now looking slightly confused. Crescent had put up a hoof and opened his mouth as if to say something, but just stared at the scene dumbfounded. "[i]Y-You don't recognize me?[/i]" she asked, tilting her head. She stared at him for a few long seconds. "[i]You were always forgetful, but I never imagined you'd forget about me...[/i]" Morning said with a twinge of disappointment. She hopped off him, allowing him free movement again. "[i]Sorry about jumping you like that. I was just so glad to see you again after all this time... I thought you had died.[/i]" she stared towards the ground sadly.

After getting up from the ground, when she got off him, Wonder just stood looking at the Mare for a moment. He couldn't help but feel bad now, and she looked so sad and disappointed. For a minute, Wonder couldn't even think of anything to say, but eventually, he got something to come out. "I... I'm sorry but I really don't think I remember you" he apologized, [i]'She never came to the temple, did she? No, no I think I would've remembered somepony like her coming to the temple. It's not like the Temple ever got travelers besides those on their Pilgrimages anyway. And even then, I don't think she would have been this overjoyed to see me if it was just then...[/i]he thought. He quickly glanced over to Crescent Shadow, to see if he could help, then turned back to the Mare, "And I think I would have" he added, "But, I don't really know many ponies at all... Are you sure I'm who you think I am?"

Morning looked back up at Wonder Brush for a moment. "[i]I'm positive you're the same pony. But... if you really don't remember...[/i]" Crescent put a hoof out in front of her, silencing her. "[i][color=#0000cd]We may tell our story later, together. As for the moment, we must move ahead.[/color][/i]" the night-shaded pony interrupted. Morning nodded. "[i]I know, I know. But, maybe we should explain it to them now? They certainly deserve a few explanations, and it's not like it would cause any problems for them or us. It might even...[/i]" She cut herself off this time, whispering the rest to Crescent. He gave a sigh, and shook his head. "[i][color=#0000cd]Not likely. You already know this. But... I suppose we may stop and tell what there is to tell.[/color][/i]" he said in agreement. Crescent looked at each of the ponies around them in turn. "[i][color=#0000cd]Listen carefully to the story I am about to tell you. Fair warning; These may very well be the last hours you have to relax.[/color][/i]"

[i]'Whoever this pony is sure I am... even if I don't remember... she sure seems fond of him' [/i]Wonder Brush noted, becoming more interested, now in the subject. After Crescent Shadow gave his warning, Wonder nodded, "Will do" he replied, [i]'I fear he's right, though. Once this whole thing get's started, we probably won't get a moments rest' [/i]he worried to himself. Regardless, he relaxed himself, and got ready to hear Crescent and the other's, probably very long, tale. All the while, he worried that that group of ponies they had just escaped from could be nearing, but put it at the back of his mind for now.

Honeypot looked on at what ever was happening with confusion. She certainly didn't understand what was going on, so she gladly welcomed The mysterious pony's, Crescent Shadow, explanation.

Starlight flew down towards where Tinker was running, and swiftly picked her up. He then started flying south, which confused Tinker.

“Isn’t Everfree north?” She asked.
“Eeyup.” Replied Starlight.
“Then where are we heading?”
“I’m not sure, yet I know where it is.”
“Why?”

Starlight sighed and began.

“When talking to the friend of the pony who abandoned you, she said she remembered me. That sparked a completely unrelated memory.” He explained.
“What was it about” She inquired.
“It was that cyan mare again.”
“Oh her…”

She looked saddened by this news… yet Starlight didn’t notice.

“Yeah, I was flying to this cloud home, and when I went up to the door, she answered. She seemed so excited, and she leaned forward and…”

He stoped when he felt a pinching in his side from Tinkers hoof.

“Are you okay Tinker?” Starlight asked.
“Yeah, just air sick.” She said, unconvincingly.
“Well okay then.” Replied Starlight.

He continued to explain.

“Well I finally have a idea about what all of this means.”
“Oh really?” replied Tinker, ready to change the subject.

“Remember when I told you about how I… let Metal Wing down…”

Starlight was automatically depressed.

“You did not! You just didn’t make it in time.”

“THEY ALL DIED CAUSE I SLEPT IN! I LET ALL OF CLOUDSDALE DOWN!”

“Starlight…” whispered Tinker.

Crescent closed his eyes for a moment, taking in a breath. "[i][color=#0000cd]Both myself and my twin, the mare next to me, come from an island that exists far to the north, beyond the borders of this country. An island covered by a sheet of ice and an endless snowfall. Under the cold glare of the sun, or the pale-black of the moon and stars, we lived there. It was not until years after our childhood had ended that we came to the time where we would depart from our homeland to find a new dwelling. You see, it is in our nature to act so nomadic, as it is tradition in our land.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000CD]It was then that we came into this country. The change was welcomed by us both, though we parted ways at a crossroad.[/color][/i][color=#0000CD][i] She went one way...[/i][/color]" Crescent glanced at Morning Sun. "[i][color=#0000cd]...And I the other. From there, I was introduced into the city known commonly as 'Canterlot'. It certianly was a grand place while I lingered there, and I had lingered there a very long while. I had been taken under the wing of one of the country's two princesses. Princess Luna, practically a goddess, took me on as an apprentice. It was from her that I reunited with my dear sister. She had also been taken on as an apprentice, to the other of the two princesses. The older and wiser of the two, the goddess of the sun. I found it quite fitting at the time.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000CD]After a long number of years spent in our new home, there came a time when the two princesses fueded. The younger one, my mentor, had turned her back on the world, and became consumed by darkness. It was then that I was forced to leave the castle, as I had studied such dark powers with my old mentor, and had become attuned to them. I was believed to be, at the time, a possible threat to the nation, as well as a way of unlocking the seal placed upon my lost mentor. My sister attempted to persuade her mentor to allow me to stay, but to no desired result. We found ourselves, once again, seperated. She remained, to study her own abilities, and I was forced to continue my research on my own.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000cd]Much of what came after that point is lost to me. I had become lost in darkness myself, and a dense fog rolled over me, clouding my memories. I... could not recall what I had learned, what I had discovered. My vision grew white, my eyes along with them. What I could see, however... were the things that had yet to occur. My newfound foresight was incredible, though it had taken far too long to surface. By the time that I had returned to Canterlot, those I had known in my time there had long since vanished, either gone from the city, or consumed by the flow of time. My old friend and mentor had been released from the grip of darkness, though neither of the two princesses could recognize me. All they could tell me is that my sister had left for our old home, back in the northern land.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000CD]Upon my return to that frozen wasteland, I had found tragedy. All my family, all my friends from the past had died. A...[/color][/i]" He hesitated for a moment. Morning eyed him nervously. "[i][color=#0000cd]...A plague had swept through in our absence. It was a spawn of some evil force, I could recognize the feeling it gave me. It left none alive... My sister was there, mourning the loss of one who had once been her life partner. I could barely recognize her, she had been changed by light and loss into the appearance you see now. As I, by darkness, had been transformed into my own current appearence. Our reunion was short-lived, as we were forced to leave our old homeland behind us, nothing more than a thing of the distant past. She would leave in search of the cure to the plague that lingered in our homeland so we may one day revitalize it, and I left in search of the source of the plague. The source of that evil... And this is how I have come to be here, before all of you. I believe that you may be able to help us find the source of this plague. I believe that you may finally lift the darkness from our hearts. I believe that you may save us.[/color][/i]" Crescent finished his long-winded story. He took another breath, glancing once more at his twin.

Wonder Brush waited and listened patiently to Crescent Shadow's story. When he finished, it took a moment for Wonder Brush to let the story sink in, at which point he took a step back. [i]'I've never heard the likes of this before in my life...' [/i]he thought to himself, as he tried to understand the story in full, [i]'Not even the legends the monks told me as a colt were like this' [/i]he went on [i]'Just to think... what it would be like. To have everyone you knew, just... die'[/i], with that, a thought of all the monks of the temple being killed crept into his mind, which he quickly pushed out before he could tear up over it. Then, another thought occurred to him, [i]'He mentioned... his sister was mourning over the loss of her life partner...' [/i]then, after a short nervous hesitation, [i]'Is... that me? Or...' [/i]he wondered, half figuring Crescent wouldn't have mentioned it specifically otherwise, but realizing it would be far to awkward, and out of place at this time, to ask. It also occurred to him that Crescent Shadow mentioned the princess Luna, and her descent into darkness, something the Monks told him happened over a thousand years ago, which meant that these two were at least a thousand each.
Clearing his mind of at least a few of these thoughts, Wonder finally proceeded to think about the last thing he mentioned, about lifting the darkness in their hearts, and saving them. On one hoof, he felt a bit hesitant about promising to help them, when he still had doubts of his abilities - Though, when a thousand year old seer who's trained under one the princesses tells you that, it alleviates most doubts you have - but on the other, he felt he couldn't say no. These two were certainly important, and even if he didn't figure saying no would be a bad idea for his health, he may well have caused something terrible without agreeing. "I will agree to try and find the source of this plague that you're talking about. I'll agree to trying to save you," he promised, then looked back to Blazer, "And you, Blazer?" he asked, then looked to the others also there, posing the same question, and planning to do the same with Tinker and that Pegasus when they returned.

Wulf listened to the story.

"[i]So this is about...the past. I wonder what else he can tell us..."[/i]

He became lost in thought. He suddenly remembered what he was doing and continued listening. When Crescent finished the story, he commented.

"Quite...sad." he said rather quietly. He couldn't quite find a lot of sympathy, but still gave some much to his surprise. He became lost in thought again. It was then that Wonder asked everypony else if they would aid in their search. Wulf thought about this for a second.

"I...suppose." He said hesitantly.

Blazer was in a daze for a moment, right after the blue mare had used his powers. She quickly shook her head and snapped back to reality. She then looked over to see a mysterious white mare hugging Wonder. She had a bit of a shocked look on her face. She appeared to get a bit mad and blush, but quickly turned around. [i]"Why am I so upset...? I... I.."[/i]

Blazer heard the blue mare, who said his name was Crescent Shadow, begin to tell of a story about his past. She turned back around and listened to his story. After he was finished, Blazer felt as though she was overwhelmed. "Plague.. darkness..? I fear that this may be a bit more than I had bargained for." She said nervously. "I.. I'm not sure." She looked over at Wonder, who was asking if she would help. She looked at him with confident eyes and grew a smile. "Yes. I want to help too."

Storm blinked. He didn't know what to think, and there wasn't much he could think of to say, either. So he simply said: "Woah...that story's pretty far-out..."

[i]I wouldn't like to believe it...since it seems troublesome...but I can't NOT believe it...when these two are here...Morning and Crescent, huh? Hangin around with those two might be troublesome...but I guess if everyone's going, then...I might as well...wait, no. What? That's silly. I could just go off on my own, to live my normal, every day life. Yeah. I think I'll do that. [/i]

"Umm...I uh...I think I'll skip on goin with you guys, I just have a...thing to attend to...at the place. yeah," he said, slowly turning around to head off somewhere.

Honeypot listened to Crescent's tale, and looked at him sympathetically, "Oh, how terribly tragic, that's just awful" she noted. She was about to agree to help herself, when Wonder Brush began speaking. She waited for those around her, that Orange Mare, that weird looking Pegasus, and Storm to finish speaking, but before she answered, turned to Storm who was refusing. [i]'Likely story' [/i]she thought sarcastically. She jumped over and in front of him to block his path, "Oh don't be so hasty, Storm" she told him, "You should totally come along too" she went on. She hooked a fore leg around his neck, turned him around, and walked back over, "We'll also help" she answered, not caring for Storm's actual opinion on the matter.

A smile lit up Wonder Brush's face, first as Blazer agreed, and then widened as the others all did too. Wonder turned back to Crescent, "Ah, well looks like that's settled. I guess we should be making our way in now, hmm?"

Storm gagged a bit. "But I-"

he gave up trying to talk, to save his breath, seeing as the chokehold was making air hard to come by.

[i]Oh great...I just know troublesome things are going to happen here...but I suppose with this many people, I might not have to do much....especially since those two siblings seem to be really old and wise and stuff...Well...uh...aside from a loooot of things, what can possibly go wrong, right? [/i]

[i]Besides...at least I have SOMEONE I know there, [/i]he thought, looking at Honeypot. [i]Well...kind of know. But it's better than nothin, I guess...[/i]

Tinker was silent for the rest of the way to the cloud castle. It was a very fancy place. Yet it looked like it used to be one structure combined with another, as if two ponies combined there home together. Tinker stayed on Starlight's back as he look around the cloud. There were pictures covering the cloud walls that looked like they were collected over time. Since they weren't maintained, they started eroding. One featured the Rainbowed Haired pegasus with the Wonderbolts, a old group of stunt pegasi.

"If she was alive for them, how could I know her..."

The fact that he found the place meant that his images were not lieing completely to him. He went up the stairs where he saw more pictures. Some of a turtle, or a group of girl friends. In one he saw the legendary Twilight Sparkle. She cured 5 diseases, singled hoofedly ended a war without any blood shed and was the personal student of Princess Celestia. As Starlight walked into the bedroom, was when he was confronted with the huge surprise. The bedroom held a few pictures on the cloud walls, and all consisted of the Rainbow haired pegasi... and him. Starlight took a few steps back, but then fought himself to go back inside.

Some were simple, them sitting next to each other, having drinks. Others were with the group of friends on the cloud walls before. One huge painting that was the center piece was of the girl and him... kissing under a mistletoe at a Christmas party.

There was a archway where three fillies were waiting, holding the plant in question. One was a red headed land pony, one was a purple haired pegasi, and one was a pink and white haired unicorn. The clock in the door way past Starlight struck midnight. It was truly a beautiful Hearts Warming eve painting by none other than Splatter Brush. The style uncannily resembled his other famous works. Each year when he was famous and alive, he would paint a scene from Richman Colts Winter party.

Starlight went over to the bedside table and began digging in. It had some medication and other miscellaneous things in it, but at the bottom, there were missing persons posters... with his face on them. There were letters from the Princess saying "We will find him" and "There's no way that he could just dissapear, he is the master and space and time after all." Random images would rush into Starlight's mind, but none of it mattered. Someone who cared was searching for him. Yet why? Who was she?

Tinker saw a tear run down Starlights face and she promptly wiped it off.

[color=#daa520]"Why are you crying big guy?"[/color]
[color=#0000cd]"It's just, I feel like I am missing something here. Am I even supposed to be standing here right now?"[/color]
[color=#daa520]"Course you are..."[/color] Tinker wasn't sure herself... things were getting deep fast and although he was just her work partner, they considered each other friends. Very close friends... and a nice looking friend at that... Tinker promptly face hoofed and said.

[color=#daa520]"I have no idea Starlight, but be professional here, we still have ponies that need guiding. "[/color]

If Tinkers advice wasn't convincing enough, the sound of Pegasi trying to break in was. Starlight quickly grabbed the group photo, the photo of the mare and him standing next to each other, and a diary he hadn't the time to read. He then flew through the wall as the guards got to the room.

"Hault!" One yelled but the others stopped him.

"Wait Fred, hes the one from Cloudsdale..."
"More reason to kick his flank then!"
"Yah, but I don't think his flank is the one we need to worry about. Plus, he just gave us a lead on who he cares about. Tommy, we need you to do research on this cutie."

Tommy, a tall but quiet pegasi who stayed near the back nodded in agreement.

"Will do Jim."

Crescent nodded at the group, a small smile crossing his face. "[color=#0000cd][i]Thank you, to all of you.[/i][/color]" he said, raising a hoof. He pointed it in the direction of the forest, turning his body slightly to do so. "[i][color=#0000cd]We should leave as soon as possible, then. If there is anypony who wishes to say something before then, please speak now.[/color][/i]" Crescent requested.
Morning kept glancing at Wonder Brush, feeling rather nervous about this whole journey. "[i]I wonder if it really is him... They look exactly alike, but he was definitely dead, last I saw him... Celestia, this is confusing.[/i]" Morning thought., rubbing her forehead.

Blazer had a fire in her eyes as she looked on into the forest. She looked over at Wonder again and let out a confident grin. "I do have something to say." said Blazer in response to Crescent. "I know I've only recently met you ponies, but I feel as though there are a few of you I can truly count on. I'm ready to head into the great unknown, despite the fear, and I hope the same from all of you." She took a few paces forward.

"But now I'm done with words. I am ready to take action. She looked over too see Wonder, and her face turned cheery. She was blushing a bit. Blazer looked towards to forest, and slowly started walking into the unknown. [i]"I'm.. not afraid."[/i] She thought to herself.

Archived