MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Wonder Brush initially recoiled a bit to Morning's touch, but relaxed after a second. After being teleported away, Wonder jumped back a bit, "Guess I'm still not used to this" he muttered, after realizing what just happened. He took a moment to look around and take everything in. "This... This is all so amazing, Morning" he said, still looking at everything, "I never would've thought this place would've existed... you say it was built by the nomads of your tribe?" he asked, before realizing that she was walking towards the courtyard, where she was looking at one of the grey things sticking out of the ground. Wonder quickly trotted over to her, and looked at it as well, "So, um, what exactly are these things?" he asked.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning slid a hoof across the grey object. "[i]...This is my tribe's graveyard. All these things you see around you... They're all tombstones, each given to one of the nomadic ponies who left the North for this place.[/i][i] Everyone who died from the... the plague... rests here, too, including...[/i]" Morning explained, gazing at the stone. It read:
[u][i]To my beloved partner, my soulmate.[/i]
[i]The only one who made me feel[/i]
[i]As if I [/i][i]belonged under the clouds.[/i]
[i]~Aetherone~[/i][/u]
Morning sighed again, another tear slipping down her face. "[i]This is his grave. I've come here a few times before, if only to just remind myself that there's still some joy and hope left in this world, after all the terrible things that have happened.[/i]"

Wonder Brush read over the inscription on the pony's grave. In a moment, his own eyes started to water as well, and he could feel himself starting to cry. He tried to stop himself, but he couldn't hold back a few tears that slipped down his face. He wiped his eyes, then read over the inscription again. It was one of the sweetest things he had ever read, but it was also so sad. He suddenly found himself muttering "Aetherone" quietly, and, quickly looked up to Morning and nodded, "Yeah, you're right" Wonder said. He smiled a bit, "It's always nice to see that some ponies can indeed find happiness, even in these... well, I guess rather troubling times. The Colts and Fillies still play in the streets, the ponies haven't forgotten how to laugh, and the Mares and the Stallions still f-" he went on, until cutting himself off, "Er, nevermind, you get my point"

Blazer noticed the stallion known as Starlight tapping her on the shoulder, asking why she was watching Wonder and Morning. "Well- See, I- They were-" She stumbled with speaking because she was a bit embarrassed for being caught spying on the two. "To be honest.. it was utterly stupid to follow them here... but my heart told me otherwise."

She looked back to see a flash of light envelope the two ponies, then in an instant, Wonder and Morning had vanished. Blazer let out a barely audible gasp, then ran to the middle of the room where they were standing. Though it would seem she'd be angry, or upset, Blazer was more scared than anything. Scared for Wonder's safety. She looked up to the roof of the chamber, staring in utter despair. But she saw a small crack in the roof. The crack let in just a bit of light. "I have to... just keep on hoping.."

Storm sighed. "How troublesome..."

It was all very sudden. First, he was surprised for a second at Honeypot calling him to sleep, until he realized that, obviously, they'd have different beds. Then, he and Honeypot heard the crash. And, of course, Honeypot went to check it out. And, of course, she was pratically dragging him along. Again. Why he always followed, her, he never knew.

[i]Sigh...I suppose at least it's better than doin' nothin' in the temple....wait, did I really just say that? Man, I'm startin' to sound more like these lunatics...[/i]

With another sigh, he followed Honeypot to where the sound had come from. When they saw the unconcious pony, Storm flinched slightly.

"Ouch...seems like he's hurt...should we uh...leave him there?"

Sniffy opened the door, and yawned. She tilted her head, confused at the sight of Snowfire.

"Oh, Snowfire...what brings you for a visit at this time?" she said, before sneezing. "Sorry...I sneeze more often in the night...anyway, I don't suppose you came here to play a board game. So, what can I do for you?"

Morning looked up at Wonder, tilting her head slightly. "[i]Hm? Oh, yes, I suppose I see your point.[/i]" She said, turning now to the countless other graves scattered across the courtyard. "[i]You sound a bit like Cresc does, sometimes. He's tried to cheer me up the same way before...[/i]" Morning said, giving a faint smile. "[i]...I guess it still works.[/i]" she finished, getting back up. She turned to Wonder again. "[i]Thank you, so much, for coming here with me. I really do appreciate it.[/i]" she thanked him, holding out a hoof. "[i]Well then... Shall we go back now?[/i]"

Wonder nodded, "Certainly, let's" he replied, and placed his hoof in Morning's. He was a bit happy to be returning. It was about time he got to sleep, and he needed to think about some things. One of which being what he almost let slip, and why he had done so.

Honeypot looked at Storm, surprised, "LEAVE HIM!?" she repeated, with a mix of shock and anger, "We can't just leave him! We're right near the temple, we can help this guy!" she exclaimed. She knelt down to the unconscious pony, propped her head under him, and tried to lift him, to no avail. "Little help here?" she asked, looking at Storm.

"Well, actually, a board game would be pretty f- Wait, what the hell am I saying!?" Snowfire exclaimed, "Okay, look, anyway, I seem to remember you saying something or other, I don't remember entirely. Just... Were their any other ponies that approached you besides the assassins and Sonic? And if so, describe him or her as best as you can to me. I know you're tired, probably, but this is important"

Morning smiled again. Just as she had done before, she closed her eyes, and her crimson markings reformed across her body, giving off a shimmering glow. The same flash of light enveloped the pair once more, disappearing them from the graveyard.
~~~Transition goes here~~~
Another flash of light, just like before. The two were back in the underground shrine, where they had been before. Morning's marks faded out once again as she opened her light-green eyes once more, letting go of Wonder's hoof. "[i]Thank you, once again, for accompanying me there.[/i]"

Storm scratched his head, smiling nervously. "Umm..it was just a suggestion, sorry."

[i]Jeez...we're carrying this guy, now? ...How troublesome...[/i]

He sighed, and approached Honeypot, then softly placed a hoof on her shoulder. "Don't worry, I'll do it."

He scooted under the unconcious pony, and propped him up onto his back, to carry him.

"I can't let...a pretty mare...do this sort of thing, right?" he said, struggling a bit with the weight.

Sniffy blinked. "oh...about that. Well...aside from Sonic and the assassins...I saw this white mare with red markings all over her body...she tried to protect me when I was attacked. There was something weird about her...though I can't quite put my finger on it....and then there was the white stallion with blue hair, who seemed friendly...he said he was 'an old friend', and he also tried to help me...tho I don't know why...he kinda...reminds me of something..."

Sniffy suddenly flinched, holding her head. "Ahh...suddenly got a small headache..."

Starlight looked down at Blazer.

"Well won't do you good to be worrying here when they get back. Here, let me take you to sick Bay to help you with your 'little' problem. Starlight said jokingly.

"Poision Joke, is no joke you know. Sometimes the effects are dangerous, what if somepony had stepped on you?"

Starlight picked the little mare up and threw her on his back.

"Lets see if I can't fix you up."

Starlight walks out before the two come, so that they are not caught snooping.

Blazer was picked up by the white Pegasus and placed on his back. She was a bit relieved when the stallion picked her up and took her out of that room. But, just as she got her cool back, she looked back to see another flash of light. Blazer let out a gasp, and jumped from the back of the Stallion. Luckily, she was light enough for him to not notice.

She dashed back to the room, and saw both Wonder and Morning standing where they were. She looked at the two standing together and holding hooves. She grew a bit angry over this.. but then she looked back up towards the light shining in from above. She grew a smile upon her face, as the only thought running through her mind was [i]"I'm so glad you're safe, Wonder."[/i]

Starlight Whistled as he walked.

"You know Blazer, you seem to really care about Wonder. You seem to really be fond of him."

Starlight herd no response, so he assumed the small mare would be embarrassed. So he turned his head to re assure he that it was alright, when she was missing.

"Crap... What if she fell off."

He began to back track.

"BLAZER! BLAZER WHERE ARE YOU."

Starlight stopped before reflexively looking at his hoofs, hoping to not have squished her. Starlight looked down the hall, and flew over to the pair.

"Guys... Don't move a muscle. Blazer is the size of a mouse, and she is missing. Don't make a single step, you might squish her."

Starlight was really concerned, he didn't want the kind little pony to be killed off by something as Stupid as Poison Joke.

"Of course, it's no problem Morning" Wonder told her, "In fact, if you ever want something, I'd be happy to help, just ask" he assured her, he was about to start speaking again, when Starlight burst into the place, causing Wonder to jump back "Starlight?! What are you doing here?" he asked, shocked, then after listening to him talk about Blazer, he gasped, "Blazer?!" he exclaimed, then instantly dropped down and started to look for her. It wasn't hard. He looked directly at her, and approached her. "Blazer... you're so... [i]tiny[/i]. What happened, do you feel fine?" he asked her, then, "Actually... how long have you been here?!"

Snowfire nodded, then let a smug smile come to his face, "Ah hah, this is good" he said in a rather happy tone, "Thanks Sniffs, you can go back to bed now. Oh, and, uh, good luck with the headache" he called, already bolting back to his room. When he got back, he finished writing the writ, to detail the two ponies Sniffy saw, and had it tell Delta to stop any Ponies with that appearance, and learn the names of them, and anyone travelling with them. He send the writ to Delta in the morning.

Honeypot blushed a bit, both and Storm's touch, and then when he called her a 'Pretty mare'. She smiled to him, "Why thank you, handsome" she teased. She had to resist giggling. From all she'd seen, Storm didn't seem like the guy who liked work, and here he was, lifting another pony by himself. "You really should let me lend a hoof, y'know"

Heartbeats...heartbeats resounded on his chest like a drum. A dull thudding, as if it were wrapped in leather. But it was not his heartbeat. His senses began to fade him, and his sense of touch came first. He could feel the weight of his own head hanging over the side of something. His body was balanced delicately on a curved surface; maybe a branch that was swaying in the afternoon breeze. Was it afternoon? Or was it night? Morning, maybe? The air was cool and indistinguishably dry, but all he could see was the inside of his eyelids. Sight was coming back, along with memories of his father.

"Daddy, daddy! I wanna go to space with you!" "Aw, you have to go to an aviation school before you can get in one-a these big rockets." "What's an a...avi...ay-vee-ay-shun school, dad?" "It's where you learn to fly, Orbitz." "Daddy, I can already fly. You showed me how to use my wings. I can fly super fast, like, a million miles a second." His father smiled, dissapearing into a supernova. "Faster than a rocket. That's my son." The daydream ended before Orbitz's favorite part.

[i]Breathe, buddy.[/i] Orbitz returned to a certain state of consciousness, somewhere between awake and alive. He could smell wet grass, tree sap. He was definitely still in the forest. It would make sense that Orbitz hit a good twelve branches before he slowed down enough to balance on one. A branch that was moving in a steady, lullaby tempo. [i]I just hope I can open my eyes. [/i]He did. The tree branch was very low to the ground, and it was not made of normal bark. [i]This is a pony.[/i]

Orbitz tried to say "Hey", but the repercussions of his descent and crash had paralyzed him. He squeaked out a moan. [i]Looks like "speech" isn't up to speed yet.[/i] He tried to listen. It was cryptic, he couldn't understand.

He blacked out once more.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Blazer said rubbing the back of her head. "Just don't know what happened to me really. And.." Blazer blushed a bit. "Um.. well you see.. I noticed you walking off, and when I suddednly shrank like this, I followed you to see if you could help. I walked in to see a flash of light, and saw you guys appear from nowhere." Blazer let out a tiny squee after saying this. "Umm, and care to help a mare up to a decent height?"

Sniffy nodded. 'Goodnight, Snowfire..."

She sneezed, and then layed back in her bed.

[i]I wonder if I'll see that colt again...maybe then I'll ask him how he knows me...[/i]

Storm shook his head. "I-I got this...but after this...I am so gonna crash until...like...next week..."

He gave a small smile at Honeypot, before noticing the pony he was carrying make a small noise. he turned to ask him something, but he had already lost conciousness again.

He sighed.

"Well...where should we take him? Hopefully...someplace not too far..." he said with a small chuckle.

[i]I'm actually helping someone? Jeez..these ponies are getting to me...[/i]

Wonder nodded, "Good, I'm glad you're okay. Just need to get you back to normal, I guess" Wonder replied. He took the rest of her explanation without response, for it needed none. It made sense, at that was the end of it. To her later request, Wonder fumbled a bit, "I, well, of course, right" he replied, then, carefully as he could, scooped her up in his hoof, and gently placed her down on his back. "That good?" he asked, "Now, uh, we should probably be headed now, huh? This all happened pretty suddenly, so we should probably all get some rest" he said, then began slowly trotting back out of the room, slow enough so it was comfortable for Blazer.

Honeypot couldn't stop herself from giggling this time, "Whatever you say, Storm" she shrugged, "Mr. Strong-colt" she added quietly and joking. She jumped a little and let out a tiny, almost unnoticeable yelp when the pony let out a moan, catching her by surprise, but then he faded back into unconsciousness. She shook it off after a moment, "Well, um, I guess we should just bring him back to the temple. We can lay him down, and have Starlight look at him later. For now, we should be getting to sleep ourselves" she told him, then bounded forward a bit to the temple, while still keeping an eye on Storm.

[i]It is a pony. [/i]Orbitz was certain of it. The rhythmic clopping, the hide, the heartbeat. All significant signs of life were present. His senses restored but sight was still to come. The pony was cold and wider. Orbitz didn't need his eyes to realize that he was no longer on horseback, but rather on the hard surface of cobblestone steps. His eyes checked his work. [i]They...they left me here.[/i] Orbitz had no idea whom, but somepony left him here.The beautiful facade of the temple steps were covered in luscious moss that sprawled from the eroded stone entrance. There was no indication that he should stay; every instinct told him to run. His wings were aching from his plummet, and not a single sign of life could be found anywhere. He limped into the entrance, only stepping a few feet into the temple before the little light of the day could no longer stretch far enough into the dark abyss. He was reeling, replaying the chase with the vanguard over and over, constantly switching from memory to reality. He had to rely on a different resource to illuminate the tunnel he may have to call "home" for a while. He exited the tunnel to look for supplies.

His search brought him flint and a large rock. Hopefully with enough friction and force he'd be able to light a pile of wood he found. How primitive he felt. Orbitz never had to live like this in upper Cloudsdale. Perhaps the boondocks of Cloudsdale were forced to live like this, day after day to survive in the ultra-oppressed metropolis. It was getting far too dark to gather any more sticks. He'd have to make due.

Orbitz didn't bother to look up at the gleaming stars that night. Space reminded him of the freedom. But it also resonated as lonely. He lit the pile of sticks after twenty near-fruitless efforts with the flint-rock combination. The sticks illuminated, and it revealed much more of the temple's inside. He saw more moss, rocks, and a pile of sand. [i]Fascinating, [/i]he thought. But, a gleam in the distance caught his eye, and he picked up a flaming stick to guide him through the darkness. The torch cut through the dark like a knife, and every increment he crept closer revealed that he might not be alone in this lost palace. Torch holders began to appear, dull and rusted. His hoofsteps began to echo. He has encountered a much larger room. The torchfire suddenly jumped, nearly burning his face off. With a startled yelp, he drop the torch, which was still glowing with the smallest intimation of flame. The flame began to brighten...something was now receiving the blaze.

The illumination sprang up like a wildfire. The vines on the now visible walls were burning. Fire raced up and down the exposed vines like a fuse. That must have been the purpose, because there was a sudden burst of light coming from an oven-like kiln at the back of the huge room. The whole room was revealed. Orbitz definitely discovered he was not alone.

"Hmm.. I guess this will work. Or..." Blazer looked up. She jumped as high as she could and into Wonder's mane. "Ahh, now this is nice and cozy." She rummaged through his mane a bit, and popped up on top of the center of his head. "I can see everypony nice and clear from up here!" Blazer exclaimed while looking around the room. "Oh, I suppose we [i]should[/i] get some sleep. I myself am quite exhausted from well, you know, shrinking and all that."

OOC: As previously said, we are essentially acting as if the stuff with Orbitz had never happened. Therefor, this post will take place as if Honeypot and Storm will still inside Temple Grounds, doing absolutely nothing.

Honeypot let off a massive yawn. "Gee, I really am beat" she muttered, stretching her legs a bit. She looked into the depths of the temple, "Well then, I guess we should follow suit" she shrugged, then began trotting inwards. "I certainly need my sleep. You need some too, Storm, so c'mon" she called over, while stopping by the cots. She lied down on one, resting her head in her forelegs, but kept her eyes open for the time being.

Wonder instantly blushed, very visibly, when Blazer jumped into his mane. He began to babble, and couldn't form a coherent sentence, "I- Well- Y- Eh-". He regained his composure, and slowly said "Well... That is to say, that works as well" he began to trot up the stairs, even more slowly this time, when he stopped and realized something, "Oh, but, ah, be careful of my horn, please. It's... kinda sensitive", then finally managed to finish the climb. He began to walk over to go to sleep himself when he realized something "Uh, Blazer... Are you... just going to, like, um... sleep in there?" he asked a bit nervously.

Morning watched the two converse, keeping towards one end of the room. "[i]Hmm... Reminds me of those two.[/i]" Morning thought to herself, yawning a moment later. She approached the stairs leading out of the shrine. "[i]Well... It is getting rather late, I believe I'll be headed off for the night. I'll return at dawn, to take us all to the instrument.[/i]" she announced, turning around to head up the stairs. "[i]Still... All these images from the past... I wonder what they're supposed to mean...[/i]" she thought, now walking out of the temple, looking for a good place to view the sky from under all the trees.

"Mind if I join you morning?" Starlight said, following the Demi God.

She was mysterious. Filled with secrets and power Starlight wanted to unlock. He also needed answers, and this ancient pony maybe his only way of getting them.

"I have some questions."

Tinker finished for the night, hiding the project under a cover. She walked up the stairs to find every-pony asleep. So she picked a cot and layed down.

Blazer saw Wonder blush, and she let out a bit of a giggle. "Oh, alright, I won't mess with your horn." Blazer lied in Wonder's mane, making herself cozy as he walked up the stairs. She heard Wonder ask if she was planning on sleeping in his mane tonight. "well, actually that's a splendid idea! Your hair is wonderfully silky and comfortable." Blazer let out a tiny yawn before headed back into his mane. She patted a bit of his hair, lied down and shut her eyes. "Goodnight, Wonder. May you have sweet dreams."

Morning turned to her pursuer. "[i]Starlight... The look-alike from before.[/i]" Morning thought, giving him a slightly curious stare. "[i]Um, sure. I suppose I wouldn't mind a few questions. Nothing too personal, of course, but I'll tell you what I can.[/i]" Morning agreed, searching his face with her own green eyes. "[i]The resemblance really is startling... Just like with Wonder, this pony does look so much like Aleph. I wonder... does he share the same memory anomaly that Wonder seems to have?[/i]" her thoughts swam in her head. She shook her head lightly to rid herself of those thoughts for a few moments. "[i]Ah, so what is it you wanted to ask me?[/i]"

Starlight walked closer to Morning, and hands her the picture he nabbed from the cloud home. "Do you recognize this picture? The happyness of more than one life depends on these answers Morning. So please think carefully. This picture has to do with memory's I am having. About what my supposed past is."

'Hopefully she knows...' Thought Starlight

Archived