MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Morning glanced back at Wonder Brush, and allowed her thoughts to wander. "[i]He... Remembers things that aren't his own memories? Strange... That'll be something to ask him about later.[/i]" Morning thought, a curious look crossing her face for a few moments. "[i]I wonder, if that could he signaling that... 'he' is still alive.[/i]" she thought. She quickly turned back, shaking the thoughts from her head. "[i]Well, we should gather everypony up then. We don't want to leave anyone behind, seeing as we may not be able to come back here for a while after we leave.[/i]"

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Filliedelphia?" Blazer paused in thought for a moment. [i]"Hmm.. I've never really been outside of the Ponyville area in all my life. This could prove to be exciting. I know we're going to be there for serious and critical purposes.. but maybe I can have a bit of fun in the city too. Perhaps I can find a nice dress to wear once all of this is over. I've always wanted a lovely dress."[/i]

Blazer then listened as Morning talked about another artifact. "Well, if it really won't take long, then I suggest we find this other artifact first." Blazer lied back and stared upward. [i]"While I really do want to go to Filliedelphia now, I suppose that this is more important."[/i] Blazer let out a small sigh as she patted the flower in her mane.

Wonder Brush smiled, with Blazer agreeing to get the Instrument first. He realized then that everypony might be just a little too eager to get going. He looked at the horizon, then quickly pointed to the sun, which was now dipping below said horizon, "Um, I think it might be a little too late to get going now" Wonder Brush noted. He put his hoof down, then turned to the White Pegasus, "You said we were safe here right? So we can sleep here for the night, then get moving in the morning, correct?" he asked, then remembered another thing, "Oh, yeah, and, um... the lot of us don't even know each others names" he pointed out, "So perhaps we should introduce ourselves?" he suggested.

Storm sighed. "Fillydelphia..."

[i]Fillydephia...for some reason I...I'm hesitant to go there. Why...? Gah...I try to think...I know I heard of that place a lot before...but only now, trying to think of it hurts my head. I wonder...why...gosh, this is so troublesome...I feel like I'm close to remembering...yet whenever I try...whenever I'm close...my brain just shuts me out. I...why is it that it does that...?[/i]

Storm tried to remember some more, but gave up, as his head began to hurt. He yawned.

"Wow...it is pretty late," he muttered.

He then heard Wonder's question.

"Oh...well, uh...I'm Emerald Storm, but you can call me Storm..." he said, slightly quiet.

Blazer sat up as Wonder suggested that everypony should introduce themselves. "Oh, hello everypony. My name's Blazer." She said with a smile on her face. She walked over to a green colt who addressed himself as Storm. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Storm."

She walked back over near Wonder. "Oh, it is indeed getting late. With all this stuff going on we really should be getting some rest." She walked over to her satchel and patted it a few times. She lied back on it, but stayed awake as to hear the other ponies introduce themselves.

Morning nodded. "[i]Yes, I suppose it is getting rather late. It would be pitch-black if we left now.[/i]" she thought. She gave a small sigh. "[i]Ah well. Tomorrow isn't too far off.[/i]" she said. Glancing around at the group, she spoke in turn. "[i]For those of you who don't know, I'm Morning Sun. Just ensuring you all know my name.[/i]" Morning introduced herself before stepping back from the group and trotting over to thee back of the temple, where a small ring of pillars stood. Beyond it, behind the pillars and just out of sight, was a cracked panel if the floor. She nudged it to the side, revealing a small staircase leading down. She quietly walked down it, avoiding the attention of others.

Starlight sighed,

As I said before, I am Starlight and this is... Starlight began, before realizing Tinker ran off somewhere. Wonder is right, before we make any huge decisions, we should get some rest. We should do rotating guard duty. I will start, and we will cycle through guard that way.

Honeypot smiled at the group after the most of them introduced themselves, then began herself. "My name's Honeypot" she said simply. She let off a little yawn, then looked inwards to the temple, "Yeah, I think I need some sleep anyway, so I'll just be doing that, in a minute or two"

"And I'm Wonder Brush" Wonder finally said, after everyone else had said their part, "Good to know we at least know each others names, even if we still don't know each other at all" Wonder said, half joking, half sincere. "But um yeah, I think I should be, uh, getting to sleep as well, so yeah" he said, then slipped away from the group. When he was a reasonable distance, he changed course for where he had seen Morning wander off to. He came across the moved floor panel, and the staircase, and began to descend. [i]'She mentioned underground chambers or something like that. This is what she meant, I presume' [/i]he thought, as he came out into some weird room. The setup reminded him of some kind of shrine, or something like that, "Whoa... what is this place?" he wondered, not realizing that he had said it aloud.

Morning spun around, giving Wonder Brush a stare. The markings that had covered her fur before were gone now, and her eyes were no longer pitch-black; they were as normal as any other, a blazing green color. "[i]Oh, h-hello. It was... Wonder Brush, right?[/i]" Morning said, giving a weak smile. "[i]Ah, this is a shrine to the sun. I put it here a long time ago, after I took under Celestia's wing... I've come here a few times before, whenever I've needed to...[/i]" she started, only quietly muttering the last part. She shifted her eyes towards the floor. "[i]Um, nevermind that last bit.[/i]" Morning finished quietly.

Wonder nodded to Morning, when she asked about his name, and muttered a "Yes". He leaned forward curiously at the later part of her sentence, but couldn't catch anything, and decided not to say anything when she waved it away. Wonder could clearly see that Morning looked very different than she had before, looking fairly normal, especially compared to what she used to look like. If he remembered Crescent's story, this must've been what she looked like before everything happened, Wonder presumed. After a short pause, Wonder ventured to say, "Um, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm a bit curious" he began, "You seem to have known me, or someone like me, or something like that... And from what I can gather, you're not exactly as young as one would think, hmm? So, if you don't mind, I'd like to know a bit about your past. I'd understand if you don't want to say anything, though."

Morning returned her gaze towards Wonder Brush. "[i]If you'd like to know, I'd be fine with telling you.[/i]" Morning said, sitting down.
"[i]Oh, where to begin... Well, first thing I should say is that you're right, I'm not as young as I look. In terms of age, at least. In terms of maturation, I look exactly as I should.[/i]" she started. "[i]Now, your other question... I did know somepony who looked exactly like you, a long time ago, though he died with the plague that Cresc told you about. This pony, he was... Suffice to say, I was very, very close to him, as he was to me. When I saw you for the first time, I had thought that you were him.[/i]" she said, a sad look crossing her face. "[i]...Um, a question. You said that you, sometimes, recalled memories that weren't yours, yes? Ah... What kind of memories are these, exactly?[/i]"

Wonder nodded as he listened to her explanation, [i]'Yes, I had figured as much' [/i]he thought, relieved that he no longer had to wonder, but a bit worried about where that put him. "Yeah, sorta. It's... a bit hard to explain, I don't really understand it myself" Wonder started, in reply to her question, "At first, the memories were just normal things, things that I assumed I had just read somewhere and simply forgotten about until that point. They were generally very hazy memories, as well. But recently, I've started to remember things that, well, I shouldn't be able to remember. Like that Divine Instrument, for example, or... some place cold. And I simply can't understand it... I've lived most of my life in one place, another temple, not like this one though, on a mountain... I think it was west of Detrot. But living there for the most of my life, I don't think I can explain my memories" he explained, or at least attempted to, "What's even stranger is, these memories only last for a short while, before they I forget them again, only remembering that I, well, remembered something, I guess"

Morning's eyes lit up a little. "[i]Some place cold? That's...[/i]" Morning started again, taking a moment to ponder. "[i]Cresc and I grew up in the north, as he said. The 'Frozen land covered by an endless snowfall'.[/i]" she said, standing upright again. She took another, much longer moment to think again, before she started to mutter to herself. "[i]No, no, no... That couldn't be possible. It couldn't... But, there was the other... Except...[/i]"
Morning looked at Wonder now with a curious stare. "[i]Tell me. Does the name 'Aetherone' mean anything to you?[/i]"

Wonder thought about the name for a while. At least a minute or two passed while he thought, trying to recall anything about the name that he could. After a while, Wonder Brush hung his head low, "I'm sorry, no, I don't know if I've ever even heard that name before today" Wonder replied in a sad tone, "Like I said, these memories come and go, so I could have remembered the name before, or I might remember the name in the future, but I can't be entirely sure" he told her. After another short pause, Wonder began, "Is-" but the stopped himself "Nevermind". He was about to ask about whether that was his look-a-like's name, or something like that, but for once, decided to stop himself. He'd probably come to know in due time anyway.

Morning hung her head a little. "[i]Oh, I see... Well, thank you anyways.[/i]" she said, lifting her head back up a moment later. "[i]Perhaps when we leave tomorrow, we can find out more about this.[/i]" Morning said. "[i]Um, could you tell me a bit about yourself? I'm not sure why, but I... I'd just like to know.[/i]" Morning asked, tilting her head slightly, giving Wonder that same curious gaze. "[i]I'm sorry if I seem like I'm prying, I'd just like to know... You said you were raised in another temple, that you lived there for most of your life? I think I can somewhat relate to that, being stuck up [/i]there [i]for such a long time...[/i]" she asked.

"No, it's fine, I'd be happy to tell you" Wonder replied, then paused for a moment to gather his actual memories. After a bit, he began to speak, "Well, I never actually knew my parents. As far as I know, I was left to this temple of Earth Pony Stallion Monks since the day of my birth" he started, "It was a bit strange, as you might imagine, being the only Unicorn there. I was also the only child, most of the monks were fairly old. I was fairly young, as it happens, when I discovered my love for painting and drawing, and after that, I grew even more apart from the rest of the monks, focusing most of my time on the practice. It must've been fairly recently, a year or two, perhaps, only since I left the temple on a bit of a pilgrimage, you might call it. If I'm honest, it was pretty scary at first. I didn't know very much about how the world worked, outside of the temple. Heck, even now, I don't know how well I'd function if I stopped moving around and tried to actually settle down somewhere" he went on, "And, well, as a result of living in the temple so long... as embarrassing as this is, I was quite shy for the most part" he admitted, "Well, um... is there anything else you want to know, specifically?"

"[i]Huh...[/i]" Morning tilted her head again. "[i]Mm... Yes, I know how you feel. When I left for this country with Cresc, he was the only thing allowing me to stay social, the only thing I could use as a crutch when I needed him. [/i][i]Chances are, if he hadn't come with me, I may have ended up going back north... I might have been caught in that destruction... I could have...[/i]" Morning trailed off, shedding a tear down the side of her face. She wiped it off with a hoof, shaking her head. "[i]S-Sorry, I don't know why I'm getting like this...[/i]"

Wonder took a small step forward towards Morning, "Nah, it's okay, really" he assured her, "I can't say I know what it's like, but I know that ponies just need to get like that, from time to time. And I think you have more excuse to than a lot of ponies" he went on. "I guess what I'm mostly trying to say, is that you don't need to be sorry" he finished, then, after a moment, added, "But, at the same time, it probably isn't best to dwell on the past, if you don't mind me saying. You can't change it now, after all", trying to be assure her, though he wasn't very certain that he was doing a good job.

Morning gave a long sigh, with a depressed tone to it. "[i]Thanks...[/i]" Morning wiped another tear from her eyes. "[i]I haven't actually[/i][i] haven't felt this... overwhelmed... in a long, long time. Not since [/i][i]that day, back when the plague struck...[/i]" she said quietly. She looked back up at Wonder Brush, tears still trailing down her cheeks. "[i]Um, would you... accompany me somewhere? [/i][i]There's something that I would like to go see... Could you come with me, please? It would mean a lot to me, if you would.[/i]" Morning asked, wiping her eyes once more.

Blazer looked over to see Wonder wandering off to follow where Morning had. She grew a grimace as she saw this. [i]"Oh.. I know following will lead to something bad... but I.. I just have to follow him."[/i] Blazer slowly crept after Wonder, keeping behind him far enough for him to not notice her. She watched as he descended down a small opening in the floor. She looked in the opening, but couldn't really see anything. She looked towards the ground in sorrow, staring at a small crack in the floor.[i] "Oh... why am I so upset? Could... could I really be...?"[/i] Blazer raised her head and scratched the flower in her mane as she pondered. "Oh.. Wonder.."

She looked down to the ground to notice the crack in the floor was much larger than it was just a moment ago. "Wha- What?" She looked around and saw that everything appeared to be much larger than it was. "I don't know what's happening.." She said as she shrunk nearly to the size of an insect. Blazer heard voices coming from the opening in the floor. "Regardless of what's going on, I have to follow him!" She crept to the hole. [i]"I'd follow him anywhere."[/i]

Blazer crept down the enormous steps to find Wonder and Morning talking to each other. She let out a small gasp, too quiet to be heard, due to her size. Blazer quickly sneaked over to hide behind a pillar, and listen in on their conversation. She listened closely, and hung on every word. "Wonder..." is all she could utter while listening to all of this.

Wonder Brush slowly nodded, "Certainly, wherever it is you'd like to go" Wonder responded, "Where is it?" he asked. After a moment, something occurred to him, [i]'What kind of mess may I have just gotten myself into?'[/i] he asked himself, hoping that whatever happened, it wouldn't be much of a problem for him to handle.

Snowfire suddenly woke up in the midst of his sleep, "Woah... that... yeah..." he muttered to himself, after realizing what had just happened. He hopped out of bed and over to a desk, where placed a quill in his mouth, and began awkwardly writing some things down. It was a letter of orders, directed to Delta, of his small, elite team. The letter detailed orders to use his skillful espionage and disguises to gather information on the names of a few ponies he considered... suspicious. After a moment, he came to a stop in his writing, and found a fatal flaw with his plan. He didn't know anything about the pony that saved Sniffy earlier. He slapped his forehoof against his face, "I'll have to ask her... in the morning"

Starlight walked around the newly installed base with Flashlight in his mouth. He patroled the sleeping areas, hanging cots where ponies where supposed to be sleeping. He noticed that four where missing. Blazer, Wonder, Morning, and that strange tribal one... wait, where is that strange one? Did he even enter the base? Starlight reasoned that the pony was overwelmed and ran, which was fine. Yet, where are the other three? Starlight continued to look untill he saw Blazer walking into the floor.

"What are you up to..."

He folowed quietly to suddenly see her shrink into a crack.

"HOLY CRUD!"

Starlight looked everywhere but he couldnt find the shrunken pony.

"So I'm not the only one with Memory problems."

He finally found his small companion. He decided to inform his fellow snooper that he was there. He slightly tapped her on the shoulder so to not scare the fillie.

"Shhh. Don't raise your voice. It's me. Why are you following them?"

Tinker was in the storage room tampering with a project of hers.

"Those damned guards can destroy the first one, but now they are not touching MARK II!"

She stood back to look at her masterpiece for a secound and went back to work.

The final bell rang out in a shrill cry that caused the heart of Orbitz to beat against his rib cage. [i]Look cool, [/i]he thought in quiet despair. [i]Somepony's going to think you were not paying attention. [/i]He shuffled his loose-leaf notes, containing the vital exam notes he painstakingly scrawled, into his binder with the side of his hoof. While his other peers have taken off, like rockets out of their seats, Orbitz took his time. It was the first class of the new trimester in Cloudsdale University of Aviation, and he wanted to show Professor Avolare that he was a patient student. It had been four years, but Orbitz was still trying to form a good first impression. The Professor checked his wristwatch: 3:36 pm. Orbitz slowly left the classroom, passing under a shadowing banner proclaiming "Cloudsdale: FLY HIGHER!" with a fabric Rainbow Dash orbiting a caricature Cloudsdale. [i]She was the reason this school was founded, [/i]Orbitz thought, his mind drifting off into the dark subject that loomed over modern-day Equestria. [i]The Shadow Wing...heartless heathens. [/i]His mind waived to his father, Saturn, when he wasn't behind bars but asking Orbitz if he'd give him the monkey wrench. Orbitz would always smile, because then Saturn would make monkey noises to make his son laugh. And he would, every time. That was a tradition, so why did the Shadow Wing ruin it?

Orbitz let out a faint cry when he nearly fell down the steps of the luxurious academy. Had his wings not reacted as quickly, he would have ended his daydream in a humiliating nightmare. He nearly forgot where he was due to his subconscious state. He breathed a heavy sigh. [i]Almost got me there. [/i]He continued flapping, pretending nothing happened. No one else noticed. The other students were long gone, but a few were askew in the halls. The ne'er-do-wells, the geeks, the studs, the chicks. They were all together in these marble halls, striking up great conversations with each other. Orbitz heard a few ("I hear Wingnut is gonna fight that new kid, Flarelight! It's gonna be epic, behind the school." "Oh, and her mane was HIDEOUS! Sooooo NOT cool!" "And then I said, 'Well, maybe we can settle this hoof-to-hoof.' And he ran home crying like a little filly!") but he tuned it out.

[i]Gotta keep my head outta the clouds.[/i]

A Shadow Wing vanguard stood outside on the front of the campus. Students coursed around the heavily-armored soldier like a river courses around a boulder. Orbitz attempted to blend in, looking as inconspicuous as possible. The guard singled him out. Naturally.
"You there! Halt!" he exclaimed. The students behind him stopped, the ones ahead of him quickly flew away. "His most stoic demands that there shall be no treason under his glorious reign. I request to see your notepad. If you comply, no consequences. If you fail to comply, I will have no choice but to use force." Orbitz attempted to hide it, but the issue with his father made a sneer emerge. The vanguard matched his sneer with an out-of-protocol remark. "C'mon, kid, do I have to crush your wings or what?" Orbitz removed his binder from his saddlebag, emblazoned with a rocket ship similar to his cutie mark. The vanguard gingerly opened it, taking note to what was written inside. [i]Just let me go.[/i] Something made the hulking vanguard sneer. A wave of uncertainty washed over the collection of students. He turned the binder to reveal his notes, nothing but formulas. Except for the bottom. Doodled at the bottom was Twilight Sparkle, the demigod, the rouge who saved Equestria twicefold. No words. "Trying to start a revolution?!" the vanguard finally evoked. He stamped his hooves in a combative way. The crowd stepped back almost as a unit. An unfamiliar voice cried out, "You can take him, Orbitz! Do your daddy proud!" But he didn't "take him". He took off.

Weaving around unaware pegasi, Orbitz flew at full speed. The vanguard had no problem decking anypony without the sense to move aside. His massive wingspan breathed on Orbitz's feathers. "Get back here, criminal!" The edge of town was visible, and he made a drastic decision. Orbitz sharply turned his arms into a 80 degree plummet and sharply fell. The vanguard's armor dragged his gravity with him. "Aw, horsefeathers!" Orbitz muttered. The guard came racing towards him. Orbitz looked up and could see the tears forming at the eyes of the vanguard due to the sheer velocity of his decent. Thinking quickly, Orbitz rotated onto his back and yanked the buckle of his saddle bag, sending papers and books streaming towards the guard. Blinded, the vanguard spun out of control, his cries echoing through the sunny sky. Orbitz turned in time to see the sea of trees below, but he could not slow his momentum in time. He hit a branch and blacked out. His ears rang.

Honeypot let off another big yawn, "Gosh, I really am beat. I should be getting to sleep as well" she thought aloud, before trotting along further into the temple, to find a place to sleep. She cast her head back, "You coming too, Storm?" she asked, though in a tone that made it sound less like a question, and more like 'Come along Storm, we're going somewhere'. Before he could respond, there was an enormous crashing sound just outside the temple, "Omigosh! What was that?!" she exclaimed. She quickly dashed towards the sound, "Come on, Storm, let's check it out!".
Arriving where the crash came from, Honeypot saw a Pegasus, lying unconscious, having crashed into the forest. Judging by the shape he was in, he looked like he had hit a branch, and that's what took him out, "Oh dear, I hope he's alright..."

Snowfire had gone back to bed, and was trying to go to sleep, but he couldn't seem to. The whole thing was bothering him too much. "Bah! Screw it, I'll ask her now!" he decided, and hopped out of bed. He quietly made his way over to Sniffy's room, at tapped on the door. In a low voice, he asked "Psst, hey, Sniffy, you awake in there? I need to ask you something"

A smile crossed Morning's face. "[i]Oh, you'll see. Here, just take hold, and hold on tight.[/i]" Morning said, grabbing Wonder's hoof with her own. Morning shut her eyes only a moment later.
The same red markings redefined themselves on her body, glowing lightly. Morning tightened her grip a little. In a familiar flash of white light, the two were gone from the shrine.
~~~Transition sequence goes here~~~
A flash of white light again. Both Morning and Wonder were now inside a stone structure, in a hallway. The marks on Morning's body faded again, and she opened her eyes, letting go of Wonder's hoof. She looked down one towards one end of the torchlit hallway, where a doorway leading outside stood just a few yards away. The doorway appeared to lead out into some form of courtyard, though there were various small, grey object sticking out of the ground. "[i]...I come here any time I need a few moments to think. We're not far from where we were a second ago, maybe a few miles deeper into the forest. This place... it's in the middle of a very large clearing. Supposedly, it was built by some of the more nomadic ponies from my tribe, who journeyed out here in the distant past.[/i]" Morning said with an almost sad tone to her voice. She walked a few feet out of the hallway and into the courtyard-type outer area, heading towards one of the grey objects. She got down next to it, looking at it with a look of what seemed to be sympathy on her face.

Archived