MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Starlight flew fast, if not to run from the guards, but to run from that place. He flew over the group of ponies, and this got his mind off of the great confusin. He can now be mad at the ponies for not going into the forest sooner. Shadow Wings army grew closer, and the town began to burn. If they stayed there any longer, the small group would be toast. It seemed like one pony was walking into the forest prompting the rest, so Starlight didn't stop to yell at them, he figured him running as fast as ponyly possible into the forest would be good enough of a warning equal to "MOVE YOUR FLANKS!"

He descended to the old broken temple and then let Tinker off.

"Uncover and Unbox all the supplies, we are setting up base camp. Operation Forest One is a go." Stated Starlight. He wrote down the mission in his log and the days events with a quil in his mouth, and he began to unpack.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder Brush nodded to Crescent, implying that he had no doubts about doing this, especially since Blazer was already going, and began to calmly walk towards to forest... when that White Pegasus rushed by with Tinker. Shocked, Wonder Brush jumped back, but shook his head, regained his composure, then began running at top speed, which wasn't very fast, into the forest. Along the way, he saw some bright red and orange tulip-like flora, which he recognized, and added to his satchel while he was running.

Honeypot was about to move on, keeping Storm in the hold she had on him, when that White Pegasus came dashing through with some Unicorn mare. She instantly interpreted this as, 'Get. Moving'. She released her hold on Storm, and, assuming he'd follow, jumped into the air, spread her wings, and began flying as fast as she possibly could through the forest.

Morning and Crescent turned to look behind them when the Pegasus dashed past them. Morning recognized the Pegasus a moment later. She nudged Crescent's side. "[i]Cresc, that was one of the ones who helped me out before, when I rescued the young one.[/i]" she told him, keeping her eyes forward. Crescent just nodded. "[i]Everypony, get going into the forest! I'll catch up with you in a few moments, after I deal with whatever's coming![/i]" Morning shouted out. She had felt another foreboding feeling from the moment the Pegasus had passed them, and she knew exactly what it meant. Crescent had felt the same feeling, yet knew his sister's intentions. He again nodded, and stepped back towards the rest of the group, beckoning them to follow him as he rushed off towards the forest.

Storm sighed. "Well..I suppose it might not be so bad. I mean...it's a bit of a drag, but at least we get to rest somewhere. A nice, comfy, temple...hopefully with pretty ladies to serve us, as we rest all day...ah, one can only dream."

He hesitated a moment, before looking at the forest, and dashing in.

Sniffy nodded at Dawn. "Alright, have you learned?"

Dawn hummed a bit, then gave a slight nod. "Yes."

"Let's say everything with passion! power! YOU GOT IT?" she asked, with a confident smile.

Dawn raised her hoof slightly. "Passion."

"Passion!"

"...Passion," she said, still monotone.

Sniffy sighed. "You won't be able to have awesome fighting spirit like that! And to have fun when sparring, you have to have fighting spirit!"

"Fighting spirit."

"...we'll have to work on that..."

Blazer was walking through the tall grasses of the forest, when all of a sudden she saw that white pegasus rushing towards the forest. "Well, I suppose this means that I should pick up the pace a bit." Just as she was about to start galloping deeper into the forest, she saw Wonder collecting some kind of flowers. She looked down to see a single blue colored flower beside her. "Oh well this looks lovely." She said picking it and placing it in her mane. "Even in the most treacherous of situations, it's always nice to stop and smell the flowers." Blazer then jumped over a large log and began galloping through the forest.

As Wonder Brush began to near the temple, and it came into view, memories of his colthood came rushing back to him. He remembered a plethora of Stallions, trotting around the pristine, white temple. He remembered Monk Whiteroot, an old stallion with a long grey beard, who would tell Wonder Brush tales of old when he was still but a colt. He remembered Dippy, the Temple's courier, who delivered messages to and from the temple, and occasionally brought supplies that the monks needed up. He remembered Silver Crop, who worked in the Temple garden, and provided food for everyone. A bit of a contented smile came to his face, before he remembered where he was and what he was doing. He quickly finished the distance between him and the temple, and plopped himself down, panting hard, out of breath. He looked up to the Unicorn, Tinker, and between gasps, asked, "So... what exactly... is this all... about?"

Honeypot also closed the distance between herself and the temple, where she saw the Unicorn Stallion talking to the Unicorn Mare, and decided to just hang back and watch whatever happen happen.

Starlight looked down at Wonder With concern.

"Wow, you got here pretty fast, are the others with you? If not, just wait here while we finish setting up base. If you want to lend a helping hoof, maybe you can help Tinker set up the medical wing. We are currently setting up a base here at the Temple. Hopefully with the strong walls and the advantage of being in the woods, we will be safe for a while."

Starlight finished putting together a radio system, and began searching for some channels. The only signal he could get was from a talk show that talked about how 'Great' Shadow Wing was. Starlight promptly turned it off and began to set up a generator for the electronics.

Tinker looked down at Wonder Brush.

"Like Starlight said, this is our new Command Center. This will be the place we will fall back to to resupply or regroup. This is the only safe place for us now."

Storm sped toward the temple as fast as he could.

[i]Man...I knew this would be troublesome...but this? Why...I'd call this a drag! If I stayed at home...this would be happening. Why is everything in life such a drag...?[/i]

His mind drifted for a second, before he shook himself out of it, and continued toward the temple. He finally reached it, and saw Honeypot hanging back, a bit away from Tinker and Wonder. He decided to join her.

"So...large temple, huh?" he asked, looking away.

Blazer had reached the temple just moments after Wonder had made it there. Donning a cheery smile on her face, she walked over to him, Tinker, and Starlight. "Y'know, that forest wasn't quite as scary as I'd imagined. The flora in the area is gorgeous.' She sat down near the ponies. "But I know there's more important matters to deal with."

She listened to what Starlight said for a moment, then just scratched her head. "Well, this place [i]does [/i]seem like a nice place to settle down for a bit. Maybe even come up with some battle plans." Blazer said with a determined look on her face.

Starlight look towards Blazer.

"You can make all the battle plans you want and do your best but we will not win in the current state." Starlight said flatly.

"We are to limit our confrontations to only the most necessary. The primary objective is to free Equestria, and I have a plan. But first, we need to finish up base."

Wonder Brush continued to pant, and managed to reply, "Yeah, I... Kinda busted... my flank to get over here." He fell silent for a moment, "And... I guess being safe... is a good thing" he continued, [i]'Though I don't know if this is quite the LAST safe place for us... or if this place is actually safe, for that matter' [/i]he thought, with a bit of hope, and then concern. He turned to Blazer who'd just arrived, and notice that she now wore a flower in her Mane, which must've been what she was referring to as "Gorgeous Flora". He smiled at her, "That's a... really pretty flower... Blazer" he managed to say, "But um... yeah. Medical wing... right" he said suddenly, looking back to Starlight, "Would one of you... mind helping... me up?" he asked, still to tired and weak to pull himself up.

While Honeypot watched this, Storm happened to come up next to her. She looked at him, "Yup, that's what it looks like" she responded.

"Well" said Blazer towards Starlight, "I'm not really good at all with strategizing, so I won't even try to get involved with that. Whatever course of actions you all suggest, I'll gladly follow."

Blazer looked over at Wonder, who said her flower was pretty while panting a bit. Blazer blushed a bit as he said this. "Oh!" She exclaimed. Blazer reached into her satchel to grab a bottle of water. She walked over to Wonder and gave him the bottle. "Here you are, Wonder. This should get you feeling hydrated." Blazer then grabbed his hoof and helped him onto his hooves.

Wonder Brush graciously accepted the Water Bottle, then let Blazer pick him up. His legs were still a little wobbly, and he almost fell back onto his flank again, but managed to get himself steady again. "Thanks a lot... Blazer" he thanked her, then took the bottle up using his magic, unscrewed it, and took a long swig, which pumped a little bit of energy back into him. He stood there, just regaining his breath for a few seconds, then looked across all their faces. "Well, I'm not exactly good with that kind of stuff either, so I'll probably just work on whatever you've got for me, though I can't promise I'll be much of a help" he told them, "Something about a medical wing, right?"

Storm smiled awkwardly. [i]Talkin to chicks is hard, alright...dad wasn't lying, huh? Then again...he didn't lie so much...until...sigh, I still wonder why...[/i]

He shook his head. Those thoughts were in the past, and he had no desire to bring them to his present.

"Say...what do you plan to do? Like...uh...did you have any specific reason for coming here? I mean...when I look at me, I don't see any reason for me to have come...but, I guess I can say I only came because you're here, and...I kinda enjoy your company."

He lauged a bit, scratching his head.

Morning Sun walked into the temple, glancing here and there, admiring the artistry and architecture of the sanctuary. "[i]Ahh, it's been far too long since my last visit here...[/i]" Morning said. Her fur was matted in ashes, and she had a few small cuts here and there. Her red markings had partially faded, and were only faintly glimmering. Despite her ragged appearance, however, she approached Starlight quickly, moving as if nothing was wrong. She tapped his back with a hoof. "[i]Excuse me. You were one of the ones that helped me and the young one earlier today, were you not? I never got the chance to thank you for that, considering the circumstances... And I'd like to ask just what is so important about this temple, right now, since you seem pretty knowledgeable.[/i]" Morning asked, brushing a little ash off her mane. "[i]I know this is rather sudden of me to ask, but it seems like a rather important topic.[/i]"

Starlight looked at the hurt pony... if that is what she even is.

"Tinker, when you finish the Medical Bay, this is your first paitent."

Starlight jestured morning to sit.

"This temple has been set up just for this purpose you see. I had stored all of these supplies in case of this happening. There is enough supplies for all of Ponyville, so we have plenty for just the couple of us. This place is of great stratigical importance, and the princess have a strong conncection to there old home. It is my hope that we can find info that can help us, that could stop this threat. I have been studying the diffrent artifacts here to no avail. I barely had time to look though, for eyes see you from everywhere."

I'll be happy to explain more when we are settled and everyone is here.

Honeypot smiled back at Storm. She thought for a moment about what he asked, "Well..." she began, "I guess I mostly went along to help those two really old ponies" she started to explain, then pointed to the Mare that had just arrived, "That one, and the weird blue one, what with their home getting plagued and whatnot. I don't know what it is, but I love helping ponies, it's just my thing" she explained, then quickly added, "And thank you, I enjoy your company as well".
She then turned back to the group, and when the Pegasus mentioned explaining more when everyone was there, "Guess that's our cue" she thought aloud, and walked out to the group, expecting Storm to follow, "Well, we're here, so I guess now we just wait for that blue one, Crescent, was it?"

"[i]I won't need medical attention, I've been through worse than this.[/i]" Morning said, taking a seat across from Starlight as beckoned. After Starlight had finished, Morning spoke up. "[i]You use this place as a storage area? So, does that mean that you have access to the underground chambers too?[/i]" Morning asked, tilting her head.
When somepony mentioned her brother, Morning turned to the mare. "[i]Oh, Cresc won't be joining us for some time. He left for the north, to check on something back home.[/i]" Morning noted with a sigh. "[i]Sometimes, I really do wish he would stick around longer. He's always running off to someplace.[/i]"

Blazer placed her satchel over in the corner of the room, and walked back over to where Wonder and the others were at. Since she knew she wouldn't be all to helpful with the plan making, she decided to just sit back and listen to the others. [i]"I wonder.. these ponies seem to be trustworthy.. but should I just blindly listen to their plans and ideas?"[/i] She looked over towards Wonder. [i]"Well, Wonder trusts them, so I'll trust them. I never need to wonder when I'm around him."[/i]

Storm sighed. [i]This is so troublesome...I wonder when this mare will stop dragging me around...eh, not like I mind...better than being dragged around by some buff colt or whatever. Hmm...[/i]

Storm thought back to times when he was younger. When he and his mom would live in relative peace. Back when his mom was...but of course, peace could never stay. That's what his dad had taught him. Before he died, of course. He had always lived by those words, ever since he saw his own mom being taken away. After that, Storm's memory of his life was quite blurry, for a few years. He just knew, the first real memory he had after that big blur, was him, as a young teen, inside a cottage. The cottage belonged to an elderly mare, who took him in, apparently.

She had found him on the streets, his wings tied up, and scars and bruises covering his body. As she said that, he looked to his sides, to his wings. They were broken and bruised.

Storm sighed again. "How troublesome...these memories"

He then blinked, noticing Honeypot walking towards the group, and followed her.

Starlight cleared his throught.

Hello everypony. You all do not know me, which is a good thing, that means my plan worked. My name is Starlight Champion, agent for the PAS, Ponies against ShadowWing. Our goal, is to free the Princess Celestia, and restore Equestria to its former glory. Before us, lived ponies that knew that freedom, and we as thier son and daughters have been deprived of that taste. What occured at Ponyville was not supposed to happen, the mission there was both a failure and a succses. We now know that Shadow Wing knows well more than all of us. Now all of Equestria is in havic, wondering what occured. We need to act fast, take the oppertunity of the fact they think we are dead. Through extensive reserch, I have learned of ancient artifacts that will aid us in our journey.

The first is the Liberty Bell in Filliedelphia. Back during the older days of Equestria, the bell was enchanted by a evil power, at the request of the mayor at the time, to make it that whoever rings the bell whatever command they think off all of the ponies in the bells ear shot will be hypnotised to do the command. For example, if I wanted to have a meeting. I would think 'come to me' and ring the bell. All of the ponies who heard the bell will perform the command. We can use it to make Shadow Wings soldiers leave us alone. If Shadow Wing finds it first though, he can force entire armies to join him. That is our biggest priority.

Any questions so far?

"[i]So this is his true aim... That would mean that...[/i]" Morning thought, standing up again. She raised a hoof into the air and gave it a wave to attract Starlight's attention. "[i]I would like to make notice of something. You said that you were searching for various 'artifacts', yes? Well... I believe I may know where one of your artifacts is.[/i]" Morning stated to Starlight. She lowered her hoof. "[i]I can take all of us to where it is, if you'll trust me. Just, uh... if you decide to go, then prepare yourself for cold weather.[/i]"

Starlight smiled at Morning,

"You my darling, are going to be so helpfull, thank you for helping."

Starlight got into a fit of thinking then snaped out of it.

"The bell still has priority because of its immense power, do you mind describing what the artifact you are talking about is?

Morning nodded. "[i]The artifact I'm referring to isn't very well known... but it does possess a great amount of power. It's called a 'Divine Insturment', something supposedly used by celestial beings from long, long ago, longer than I've been around, even. It's extremely old, and it's supposed to be hidden somewhere, but I know where it is.[/i]" she described. "[i]It wouldn't take very long, and we might be able to meet back up with Cresc while we're there. After that, I could take us all back to wherever you're going next.[/i]" Morning finished.

Wonder Brush listened to Starlight with interest. When he finished, he did indeed have a question, [i]What exactly is it that Shadow Wing has done to make a rebellion against him, besides trapping Celestia[/i], but he decided to save that question for later, it might not have been the most appropriate thing to ask. He put the entire thing behind him, and decided to shut up completely. When Morning finished describing the 'Divine Instrument', Wonder leaned forward and spoke up, "Oh, I agree with Morning. If it won't take long, we might as well go for that one. I seem to remember that word from some stories, but I could just be wrong, I seem to remember a lot of things that end up being not memories at all" Wonder Brush said, before realizing he was rambling, then forced himself to shut up. He dipped his head down and step back, "But um, yeah, Divine Instrument"

Archived