*The YCM Weekly Headquarters*

I could do reviews of a "Card of the Week/Night" or something, as that wouldn't take too much time. Also, I would LOVE to host, but my hours are a bit...Erratic, to put it lightly. So maybe I could be a sort of "Spring Break/Summer Host"? Also, I'd be perfectly fine with just writing jokes.

And for the first couple of "Episodes", do you think maybe we should just introduce the "cast"?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote]And for the first couple of "Episodes", do you think maybe we should just introduce the "cast"? [/quote]

I agree with this and we should aslo establish what we should do like give the basic premise of what we do and how things work.

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1332282210' post='5881120']
I wouldn't mind working on something.
Rai, you should say yes too.
[/quote]

Alright then, cool.:3
I don't think we should give you clear-cut instructions. Banners, logos, the usual things like that sound fine here.
I'm sure whatever you do will turn out great.:3

[quote name='-Dharc-' timestamp='1332286066' post='5881264']
I could do reviews of a "Card of the Week/Night" or something, as that wouldn't take too much time. Also, I would LOVE to host, but my hours are a bit...Erratic, to put it lightly. So maybe I could be a sort of "Spring Break/Summer Host"? Also, I'd be perfectly fine with just writing jokes.

And for the first couple of "Episodes", do you think maybe we should just introduce the "cast"?
[/quote]

[quote name='Garazza' timestamp='1332297523' post='5881582']
I agree with this and we should aslo establish what we should do like give the basic premise of what we do and how things work.
[/quote]

First one: Sounds good to me, do you mean custom cards or actual TCG cards?
But either way, I'm so totally ridiculously out of the game and the last kewl-new thing I saw was Black Lustier Soldier, so I'm trustin' you guys on this.:3
Both things sound fine though, and yes jokes. JOKES. We could really use some of those.:D

Second one: How about we pull a T-Ara and switch hosts?=S I haven't really thought about it, but since we're so many, this sounds like an option. I'm generally fine with [s]Dharc[/s] Alex hosting this time or all the time, either way.

Third one: Agreed. Totally. We need at least some hype. Hype is what we need.
So would you all prefer that we pull this now or keep it for the preview? (Star had a habit of posting a preview before the actual show and tell people what will be on etc.)

[quote name='Dworkin' timestamp='1332286397' post='5881270']
I'll do whatev people want me to do.
[/quote]

[s]Mmh the floor needs to be swept, I think.[/s]
IDK, since your specialities are General and TCG, do you want to do interviews?

And guys, I just noticed that especially due to recent events, the title looks like a really busy bordello.~ x3
This is...going to cost me something one of these days.:'3

But something else, what do you think about a song of the week/night/edition?
Furthermore, what do you think about this one?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aOq_1T8XY0&ob=av2e]link[/url]

Another idea that's been on my mind is a sort of "wanted" game, similar to those Wild Western Wanted signs.
We give people some clues/facts about a member and the first who figures out who we're "looking for" gets a small prize or something.

I'm EST. Not sure how that works because I'm stupid. Sue me.

I'd be glad to do the hosting, if you like. I generally have plenty of time between classes to type things up, and hey, I have done stand-up comedy, so I don't mind trying to give a (slightly better) sense of humor a shot and do the actual hosting.

Dworkin: Mmh the interviews in the past used to be set up in a way that there was some sort of question set and most people went through it, minus members who were more active in one section and less in the community as a whole. So we mostly had personality-based rather than section-based interviews.
But I personally prefer to leave it to people. So I'd say you choose the focus and the type of question you want to ask.:3

Alright then, so basically we have: (potential to-do list)
- staff introduction before the actual show
- card of the week/night/[insert time here] (Alex)
- interviews (Dworkin)
- graphics (Kakashi)
- music (me?)
- ... (insert some games/funny things instead of the dots)
- other things, we're like, 10 people after all xD, plus Kazu Kazuya who I reserved a spot for, since he had already PM me about this

Also everyone, this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aOq_1T8XY0&ob=av2e

Sexy or not sexy?
I was thinking about writing a short review, though if someone is really set on it, I'll just take what's left.^^

[quote name='eviltaxi' timestamp='1332357415' post='5882401']
Dworkin: Mmh the interviews in the past used to be set up in a way that there was some sort of question set and most people went through it, minus members who were more active in one section and less in the community as a whole. So we mostly had personality-based rather than section-based interviews.
But I personally prefer to leave it to people. So I'd say you choose the focus and the type of question you want to ask.:3

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aOq_1T8XY0&ob=av2e[/media]

Sexy or not sexy?
I was thinking about writing a short review, though if someone is really set on it, I'll just take what's left.^^
[/quote]
Cool. And ALL of that genre's videos that have girls in them are sexy, why do you even need to ask?

I remember we had the contests which were interesting. You know, like even random ones like "the 27th post in this thread gets 300 points", etc., just as a random example.

Also, highlighting a Deck from the Your Deck Section (something to maybe give the TCG Players a bit of attention, too).

I think we ought to have Cinnabonne to a J-Pop section every month or so. Wouldn't want to overflow J-Pop, but I think just the fact that we have it would be hilarious.

Also, I'd be willing to host if I can get another writer on board. :o ...I'm online too much anyway >_>

[quote name='eviltaxi' timestamp='1332357415' post='5882401']
Alright then, so basically we have: (potential to-do list)
- staff introduction before the actual show
- card of the week/night/[insert time here] (Alex)
- interviews (Dworkin)
- graphics (Kakashi)
- music (me?)
- ... (insert some games/funny things instead of the dots)
- other things, we're like, 10 people after all xD, plus Kazu Kazuya who I reserved a spot for, since he had already PM me about this

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aOq_1T8XY0&ob=av2e[/media]

Sexy or not sexy?
[/quote]
I'll probably make a mock logo soon, and if that flies over well, I'll use it as a concept base for the sigs.

Not a fan of the song or the music video and the performers just seem average. They look good, but it's all average.

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1332358283' post='5882420']
Not a fan of the song or the music video and the performers just seem average. They look good, but it's all average.
[/quote]You just defined J-Pop.

[quote name='CDDRodrigo' timestamp='1332357816' post='5882412']
Smexy song.

Sign me up in anything really, I'm up for ALL CHALLENGES.
[/quote]

ALRIGHT SOLDIER BOY
THE LAWN *shot*
THE FLOOR STILL NEEDS TO BE SWE- *rifled*

Well, is there like, anything you like to do more than other things?=x

Also, it's technically K-Pop *violently waves [s]ramen[/s] [s]ramyun[/s] whatever noodle bowl around*. Just incase you're going to put that as a title or something, I don't really want to get wtfaukorean or one of the Japanese members on my butt after this. ;)
So I'm taking this as a combination of "yes" and "not a fan, but my reputation isn't going to take a blow from being [i]slightly[/i] associated with this song either". :D

Yeah...
So who should we interview and how many interviews should we pack into this?
And yes, PM or IM has worked alright-ey in the past.~

Just thought of something, I'm personally all for adding some more music, aside from the song of the week or so. Mostly to give people a break after the walls of text.=S

Thoughts?

[quote name='eviltaxi' timestamp='1332358656' post='5882437']
Just thought of something, I'm personally all for adding some more music, aside from the song of the week or so. Mostly to give people a break after the walls of text.=S

Thoughts?
[/quote]Hell, we could make jokes with pictures like fake news does to emphasize a joke.

Oh, and at some point I want to interview Byak while he's dueling to have him explain his thought process as he duels.

Yeah...
So who should we interview and how many interviews should we pack into this?
[color=#008000][b]I think three max per show.[/b][/color]

[color=#008000][b]Maybe a nice music video? Maybe an epic AMV sometimes?[/b][/color]
[/quote]

ALRIGHT SOLDIER BOY
THE LAWN *shot*
THE FLOOR STILL NEEDS TO BE SWE- *rifled*

Well, is there like, anything you like to do more than other things?=x
[/quote]

I prefer to make thread layouts and their proper editing actually :3

*blows steam off gun*

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1332360123' post='5882476']
Dude. Spam. Wouldn't suggest it.
[/quote]Why not, really? I don't mean the kind of things we cover, I mean it's mainly in the way we tell the jokes.

We could also follow the idea of sequence. Something like: Bit, Bit, Guest. (if we're doing one guest)

Otherwise it's going to basically be a nightly talkshow where we do:
Intro Jokes -> Games/Bits -> Several Guests -> Musical Guest

Note: my suggestion guised as a self-entertained question is as much spam as the response you gave to it.

[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1332360389' post='5882484']
Why not, really? I don't mean the kind of things we cover, I mean it's mainly in the way we tell the jokes.

We could also follow the idea of sequence. Something like: Bit, Bit, Guest. (if we're doing one guest)

Otherwise it's going to basically be a nightly talkshow where we do:
Intro Jokes -> Games/Bits -> Several Guests -> Musical Guest

Note: my suggestion guised as a self-entertained question is as much spam as the response you gave to it.
[/quote]
It sounded like spam because you gave no reason behind what you said. You just said you wanted to turn this into the Daily Show.

Archived