*The YCM Weekly Headquarters*

The YCM Weekly Headquarters

*insert banner here*

The YCMNightly (now weekly) is a forum talkshow that was created by Star (now Galaxy *insert fancy letters here*) in 2008/2009-ish. It was fairly successful and fun to do, plus since people showed interest and the original creator is back, I thought why not. There were some attempts to bring it back, including last year by me *cough*, but now seems to be the perfect time to definitely, undeniably bring it back.

Rules
- All YCM rules apply. Do follow them.
- No spam, no flaming, no inappropriate content.
- People who haven't shown a lifesign for a month or so will be dropped out, so by joining this, we assume that you're going to be active.
- No posts with just one word, one image, one video, one word and image and video, etc.
- If the interest is high, I'm going to be more restrictive about members. That means that if I say no, don't take it personally, it probably means that we have way too many spots taken right now. You're free to try to re-join after a month though.

What we do
We're basically the redaction behind the whole thing. We brainstorm, organize and set up the show.
One person is going to be the host and poster of the thread, but let's keep that for later. (I'm not going to do it though.)

Application form
Name: [What it says.]
What are you good at/sections you frequent: [Just put down what you're generally doing on the site and what you could possibly contribute.]
Why should we pick you? [Yeah, why?]
Activity: [Days you're usually active on, bound to hiatus periods, etc.]
Timezone: [Self-explanatory. This will be useful when figuring out who will post the thread and when.]

Active Members

Aggro

Desu

Mako109

Opal

Sort-of-active

Alice

Kanade Otonashi

KingBUSCUS

Currently on hiatus

Yuzuru Otonashi

Garazza

Former members

Kakashi Hatake

Rai.

Spike

Dharc

[spoiler=Full applications]

Name: Rodrigo
What are you good at/sections you frequent: I'm active everywhere, do everything, and try to talk to everyone. I can make the organization of post structure, brainstorm, pretty much everything.
Why should we pick you? I think I could contribute to this being active and interesting =3
Activity: All day, erryday. Except some times on work and school that I just can't be on, otherwise I'm always here.
Timezone: GMT -3 (Brazil)

Name: Ke-Nan/Dworkin/Spike
What are you good at/sections you frequent: TCG and General.
Why should we pick you?: Because I might actually stick around in this club, looks interesting.
Activity: Every day usually, but sometimes I get busy with school and the like.
Timezone: US Mountain Time.

Name: Aggro [also known as Passion Pit and Wraith]
What are you good at/sections you frequent: Written Cards is my favorite place, TCG, Decks, Creative Writing, Games, Video Games, and C/O.
Why should we pick you?: Because I'm very well known and post in probably the most diverse amount of sections compared to any member on the site.
Activity: Every Day I'm *shot*
Timezone: GMT -6

Name: Yuzuru Otonashi
What are you good at/sections you frequent: TCG, Your Deck, RC, Written Cards, old RPer, old club goer
Why should we pick you?: Because I've won the YMB twice, won best male member before, made it to mod, and I'm most known for my relationship with Kanade =o
Activity: Pretty much all day unless otherwise told.
Timezone: GMT -5

Name: .Rai
What are you good at/sections you frequent: Anywhere really. Most frequently in TCG and Showcase, but, yeah, pretty much everywhere.
Why should we pick you?: I don't know, but I like big YCM community things. The spirit's pretty intoxicating at times. Umm, I guess I'm alright at organizing stuff. ish. Vaguely well known.
Activity: Whenever really :o Have weird little lapses when I'm off playing some random musical instrumental stuff, or sleeping for half a day, but no big gaps.
Timezone: GMT

Name: Kakashi Hatake
What are you good at/sections you frequent: Pretty much the Graphic Design section. I think that about tells what I'm good at.
Why should we pick you?: I would give you some, "I really think I can help out." speech but, honestly? I don't know what use a talkshow would have for graphics past a logo.
Activity: I have slowed posting these days but I rarely go on hiatus.
Timezone: CST, North America

Name: Garazza
What are you good at/sections you frequent: I'm in Games a lot, so I'm rather creative and organized.
Why should we pick you? Even though I'm new, I have a lot of potential.
Activity: On weekdays, I can post a little in the morning then I'm off from 8 to a little after 3. On weekends, I am on in the afternoon till about whenever I get off.
Timezone: I'm CST.

Name: -Dharc- (Just call me Alex, please)

What are you good at/sections you frequent: I'm in the RP sections a lot, and I feel I'm a pretty decent at RC and WC. Oh, I also frequent the status bar, if that counts.

Why should we pick you?: Because I'w be youw fwiend and wuv you fowevew. Also, I think I'm on pretty good terms with everyone on this forum...Barring Crab Helmet and Black. And not to "toot my own horn", but I think I'm a pretty funny guy. Rodrigo can vouch for me, right?

Activity: Alternate Mondays — 2:45 to ~7

Other Mondays and Tuesdays — Fridays 5:30-ish to ~7:30

Weekends — Subject to change randomly

Holidays/Days off/Vacationary periods — About all day

Timezone: GMT -5:00

Name: taxi/Opal/Cinnamon Star
What are you good at/sections you frequent: General, Games, status bar, C/O, sometimes RP
Why should we pick you? Well, I was one of the original Nightly posters and I like this kind of forum events?
Activity: Everyday during vacations, during college time: mostly evenings. I tend to be on and off on the site and only log in to moderate for a while, but with this going on, I'm actually going to stay.:3
Timezone: GMT +

Name: Just call me Desu. And I swear to god you guys better not just copy and paste this whole thing when you try to say my name for a sh*tty joke that EVERYBODY saw coming.
What are you good at/sections you frequent: My big three are probably Role Playing, Clubs and Organizations, and the Status Bar if you actually count it. Actually, I don't even count it. So those two sections and that hell hole that isn't TCG (Please note: I don't touch that TCG place). I sometimes check out a few of the other sections like general, polls, video games, and anime but I don't really do much in them. Just occasionaly to see if there's anything remotely interesting. And there usually isn't. Unless Noob is around. Oh Noob. <3
Why should we pick you? You said you reserved me a spot. Although if you want a reason I guess it'd be because I'm apparently funny. Yeah, I don't see it either. I'm also known as YCM's #1 a**hole or at least I call myself that so there's that. :/

Activity: I pretty much lack a life so I'm on a lot. I'd say I wouldn't be on when I'm grounded (which has been pretty often this school year) but my PS Vita says, "f*ck no" to being grounded from the internet. So yeah, I can be pretty damn active.
Timezone: Central

[/spoiler]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in.

[color=#4B0082]Name: [b]Rodrigo[/b]
What are you good at/sections you frequent: [b]I'm active everywhere, do everything, and try to talk to everyone. I can make the organization of post structure, brainstorm, pretty much everything.[/b]
Why should we pick you? [b]I think I could contribute to this being active and interesting =3[/b]
Activity: [b]All day, erryday. Except some times on work and school that I just can't be on, otherwise I'm always here.[/b]
Timezone: [b]GMT -3 (Brazil)[/b][/color]

What the hell. Might as well.
[color="#4b0082"]Name: Ke-Nan/Dworkin/Spike[/color]
[color="#4b0082"]What are you good at/sections you frequent: TCG and General.[/color]
[color="#4b0082"]Why should we pick you?: Because I might actually stick around in this club, looks interesting.[/color]
[color="#4b0082"]Activity: Every day usually, but sometimes I get busy with school and the like.[/color]
[color="#4b0082"]Timezone: US Mountain Time.[/color]

[color=#4B0082][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Aggro [also known as Passion Pit and Wraith][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#4B0082][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are you good at/sections you frequent: Written Cards is my favorite place, TCG, Decks, Creative Writing, Games, Video Games, and C/O.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#4B0082][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Why should we pick you?: Because I'm very well known and post in probably the most diverse amount of sections compared to any member on the site.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#4B0082][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Activity: Every Day I'm *shot*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#4B0082][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Timezone: Central Standard [-6][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#4B0082]Name: Yuzuru Otonashi
What are you good at/sections you frequent: TCG, Your Deck, RC, Written Cards, old RPer, old club goer
Why should we pick you?: Because I've won the YMB twice, won best male member before, made it to mod, and I'm most known for my relationship with Kanade =o
Activity: Pretty much all day unless otherwise told.
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time[/color]

Ooooh. I like this, since I have actually some idea on what it is now.

[b]Name:[/b] .Rai
[b]What are you good at/sections you frequent:[/b] Anywhere really. Most frequently in TCG and Showcase, but, yeah, pretty much everywhere.
[b]Why should we pick you?:[/b] I don't know, but I like big YCM community things. The spirit's pretty intoxicating at times. Umm, I guess I'm alright at organizing stuff. ish. Vaguely well known.
[b]Activity:[/b] Whenever really :o Have weird little lapses when I'm off playing some random musical instrumental stuff, or sleeping for half a day, but no big gaps.
[b]Timezone:[/b] GMT

I guess I could join. Y'know, ultirior motives and all.
But this does seem interesting.

[color=#4B0082]Name: Kakashi Hatake[/color]

[color=#4B0082]What are you good at/sections you frequent: Pretty much the Graphic Design section. I think that about tells what I'm good at.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Why should we pick you?: I would give you some, "I really think I can help out." speech but, honestly?[/color][color=#4B0082] I don't know what use a talkshow would have for graphics past a logo.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Activity: I have slowed posting these days but I rarely go on hiatus.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Timezone: CST, North America[/color]

Sign me up!

[color=#4B0082]Name: Garazza
What are you good at/sections you frequent: I'm in Games a lot, so I'm rather creative and organized.
Why should we pick you? Even though I'm new, I have a lot of potential.
Activity: On weekdays, I can post a little in the morning then I'm off from 8 to a little after 3. On weekends, I am on in the afternoon till about whenever I get off.
Timezone: [/color]I'm CST.

Alright, so um...we can start putting ideas together now?

I did try to revive the show about a year ago, but there weren't many active people who were willing to do something and I didn't have much time back then either.:/
But there should still be material made by the people last year in my inbox, so maybe we could see which one of these things can be used now?

I could do an interview, though we should settle on the direction the show is taking, the amount of interviews and stuff packed in there etc.

Great, conversation start is successful.:3

Well, that's what we need to figure out. The old YCM Nightly was basically 60% interviews and 40% Yugioh cards. We [i]could[/i] continue that way, but we could also pack some other things into it.

Personally, I'm for trying to make it a bit funnier (though I'm not funny, I know x3). Since April's Fool is coming ahead, we could probably add some pranks or something like that.

[left][b]Name[/b]: -Dharc- (Just call me Alex, please)[/left]
[left][b]What are you good at/sections you frequent[/b]: I'm in the RP sections a lot, and I feel I'm a pretty decent at RC and WC. Oh, I also frequent the status bar, if that counts.[/left]
[left][b]Why should we pick you?[/b]: Because I'w be youw fwiend and wuv you fowevew. Also, I think I'm on pretty good terms with everyone on this forum...Barring Crab Helmet and Black. And not to "toot my own horn", but I think I'm a pretty funny guy. Rodrigo can vouch for me, right?[/left]
[left][b]Activity[/b]: Alternate Mondays — 2:45 to ~7[/left]
[left]Other Mondays and Tuesdays — Fridays 5:30-ish to ~7:30[/left]
[left]Weekends — Subject to change randomly[/left]
[left]Holidays/Days off/Vacationary periods — About all day[/left]
[left][b]Timezone[/b]: Eastern Standard Time [GMT -5:00][/left]

A little addendum (I'm using that word correctly, right?)...My end time is subject to change due to my parental situation. Basically, my stepfather doesn't like me being on my own computer that was a gift from my grandfather (who had virtually $0 when he got it for me), claiming that I can't be a functioning part of the family...Then he tells me to watch tv and not say anything.

[quote name='Mu-12' timestamp='1332279814' post='5881046']
We need to plan a lot of stuff actually.
[/quote]

Wow, really? :D

And everyone's been added.
Though now we should cut down on the members, we have 10 contributors by now and the original show had like...2.^^ Sometimes 1.

But anyway, um... Rai or Kakashi, since you mentioned graphics, would you be interested into making us something?

Personally, even if we don't [i]totally[/i] focus on the TCG, I've always thought that people read the reviews/cards of the week. So that looks like something we can keep, IMO.

What about hosting, who wants to host?o.o

(Also, the posts get bumped as soon as they're edited, sounds like something YCMaker could fi- D: Nah.)

[quote name='Dworkin' timestamp='1332281510' post='5881103']
btw Cinnabon, whats with this thing bumping when you didnt even post?
[/quote]
I think tha's a Glitch. It's happened to me in a few Topics in the past too. Sorry to post here but I just wanted to help you out with that situation :)

Archived