*The YCM Weekly Headquarters*

@ranting: Think of a good name, we'll find something for you to rant about, no problem.

@You telling me to shut up: xD You REALLY need to learn when I'm making a joke. If it's any bit serious, it's just prodding to confirm or deny the point.

Oh good, we've finally gotten down to one or two points. I was worried we were gonna continue talking across the field. -.-

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1332382619' post='5883060']
@ranting: Think of a good name, we'll find something for you to rant about, no problem.
[color=#0000CD]You guys are being serious about this? You guys seriously want me to get a on a subject or two and just rant about it with sh*tty as hell metaphors and sexual suggestions? You guys are f*cked up.[/color]

@You telling me to shut up: xD You REALLY need to learn when I'm making a joke. If it's any bit serious, it's just prodding to confirm or deny the point.
[color=#0000CD]Your jokes are terrible. And I'm telling you to shut up about the sh*tty I hate you "jokes."[/color]

Oh good, we've finally gotten down to one or two points. I was worried we were gonna continue talking across the field. -.-
[color=#0000CD]But I need many points to rant about. DX[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Kujo Kazuya' timestamp='1332382972' post='5883068'][color=#9F9F9F][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]@ranting: Think of a good name, we'll find something for you to rant about, no problem.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#0000CD][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]You guys are being serious about this? You guys seriously want me to get a on a subject or two and just rant about it with sh*tty as hell metaphors and sexual suggestions? You guys are f*cked up.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#9F9F9F][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]@You telling me to shut up: xD You REALLY need to learn when I'm making a joke. If it's any bit serious, it's just prodding to confirm or deny the point.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#0000CD][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your jokes are terrible. And I'm telling you to shut up about the sh*tty I hate you "jokes."[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#9F9F9F][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Oh good, we've finally gotten down to one or two points. I was worried we were gonna continue talking across the field. -.-[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#0000CD][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]But I need many points to rant about. DX[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]My jokes are fine. Lighten up a little.

And you're just figuring out that we're f*cked up now...? O-KAY. But really, you'll only need one every once in a while and would most likely get some help in writing the rant. Doesn't really seem too hard unless you take as much time as DL does. But then again, if that were true, why would you be here?

[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1332383286' post='5883080']
My jokes are fine. Lighten up a little.
[color=#0000CD]No. These "jokes" are pretty damn bad.[/color]

And you're just figuring out that we're f*cked up now...? O-KAY.
[color=#0000CD]Good point.[/color]
But really, you'll only need one every once in a while and would most likely get some help in writing the rant.
[color=#0000CD]True enough.[/color]
Doesn't really seem too hard unless you take as much time as DL does. But then again, if that were true, why would you be here?
[color=#0000CD]Well, that one's a bit more debatable. I can be bad but yeah, I'm not DL bad.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Kujo Kazuya' timestamp='1332384126' post='5883095']
[color=#9F9F9F][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]My jokes are fine. Lighten up a little.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#0000CD][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]No. These "jokes" are pretty damn bad.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]Meh. Opinion is opinion. Can't change that, I suppose.

And no one is DL bad.

Alright, someone else want to comment? If it's just me and Desu, it may get ugly.

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1332384353' post='5883105']
There's so much text on the last several replies that I only skimmed them. What is our current points?
[/quote]We don't really have one anymore...

Frankly I'm just hoping someone will be patient and meticulous enough to summarize it and lay out what we've got, cause god knows it isn't me.

It's mostly Desu making sure that everyone remembers his Internet a**hole personality and Aggro replying to it.
Nothing to really worry about.

Anyway, for now we have:
- graphics (Kakashi, .Rai)
- some music we can fill in when needed and comment on (Kakashi, me, possibly Garazza?)
- interview with Byakk (Dworkin)
- card of the week (Dharc)
- highlighting a deck, or a fanfic or RP, or all of it
- columns for some people or serious panels featuring some elitefully knowledgeable member
- contests, games
- sponsors

Things to keep in mind:
- having different people do something to allow for some variety

[quote]
- Even though we haven't decided on the general direction/set-up, methinks a balance between positive and negative stuff sounds good. I'm not sure if people would like to read another maximum-rant about how much the site sucks and how stupid people are apparently, but it shouldn't sound like an adventure of an 8-year-old Pokémon trainer either. My view anyway. :D
- Trolls and banned members should better be left out. As in, Dogking or that Mage guy have nothing to do in here and will reput the community into camps, if anything. I personally like the idea of interviewing less-known members or people with a [i]kind of[/i] tasteful troll tendency, I guess we just keep our minds functioning and decide whether it's a good idea to interview someone or not.
[/quote]

Nah, using this mainly as a platform to vent and pull some members down isn't classy.

And first of all, the replies in quotes suck. So I'm just going to reply all over the board.

I was thinking about making the team much bigger than last time, mainly to get variety in and not having the same people always doing the same thing. That's also why I said I'm not sure if time will allow to count me in for the next issue because we will and should probably get different people doing something on every issue and also different people (like 2 or 3) commenting on something in one issue.
Who does what however, that's a problem we're standing in front of.x3

No to Mako, sorry, we're one full bordello right now.='( If you guys want to drag him into this next time, feel free to do that, but 11 really seems like the max. number this can take.

I'm not sure how half-serious I was about Desu's own section, though it was the first thing that came up in my mind and it would be an example for that column thing. But IDK, suggest us something else where you could come in?

I really like the ideas of fake headlines or getting a member who swears a lot rant about something and censoring things randomly, but this sounds like something for April's Fool.

BUT HERE'S A MORE URGENT QUESTION:
[b][i][size=5]When are we actually going to post this thing?[/size][/i][/b] :D

Having something special for April's Fool would seem good, especially with the ideas mentioned above, but then again, letting the first issue be a wank edition could lower people's interest when they see that the regular editions afterwards are slightly less funny.Dx

[b][i]Also, when are we going to post that preview with the cast introduction?[/i][/b]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#663300]For the cast introduction preview, I'd say we can probably do that this weekend. I'd suggest we come up with some sort of form for all of us to fill out to introduce ourselves to the audience, and we'll PM those to whomever is hosting the preview.[/color][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#663300]Also, Desu, why am I using brown? Because I love brown. Sarah, the love of my life and my best friend (barring Dementuo, Rodrigo, and Klavier) has brown hair. I wuv Sarah's hair. In fact, just to annoy you more, I'm going to use a different font.[/color][/font]

[quote name='eviltaxi' timestamp='1332412607' post='5883331']

Having something special for April's Fool would seem good, especially with the ideas mentioned above, but then again, letting the first issue be a wank edition could lower people's interest when they see that the regular editions afterwards are slightly less funny.Dx

[b][i]Also, when are we going to post that preview with the cast introduction?[/i][/b]
[/quote]
I think that before we do, we need to actually sort out what is going to be featured in it. I mean, I have no idea what all is going on right now. We need someone who can go through this thread, sort out what we're using, and type up a nice format to space it all in.

As far as introducing the cast, I'd say go with Dharc's idea.

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1332431097' post='5883616']
I think that before we do, we need to actually sort out what is going to be featured in it. I mean, I have no idea what all is going on right now. We need someone who can go through this thread, sort out what we're using, and type up a nice format to space it all in.
[/quote]

Well, at least from what I got from the last pages:

Anyway, for now we have:
[color=#ff8c00]- graphics (Kakashi, .Rai)
- some music we can fill in when needed and comment on (Kakashi, me, possibly Garazza?)[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]- interview with Byakk (Dworkin)
- card of the week (Dharc)[/color]
[color=#ff0000]- highlighting a deck, or a fanfic or RP, or all of it
- columns for some people or serious panels featuring some elitefully knowledgeable member[/color]
[color=#ff0000]- contests, games
- sponsors[/color]
[color=#ff0000]- fake headlines/wank stuff, like letting a member who swears a lot rant about something and censoring random parts out[/color]
[/quote]

This is basically what people have suggested and agreed on.
I put the things we're practially sure about in orange and the ones that still need some more input or that haven't been divided up yet in red.

Points that still need to be decided on:
[color=#ff0000]- the general set-up, as in the order in which we pull these things out[/color]
[color=#ff0000]- host[/color]
[color=#ff0000]- date/time + deadline[/color]
[color=#ff0000]- what else can we put into this?[/color]

You can add "should Desu have his column or something like that" to the undecided points, but honestly, he said that he's not a fan of the idea, so maybe we should look for something else.

...Thoughts/input/suggestions?=S

And I'm going to update the opening post from time to time for the people who don't have so much time/motivation to go through all the posts. :D

How's this for the show's general timeline set up?

-General show introduction
-Sponsors (if we have any)
-Card of the week
-Music and such like that
-Interview with Byakk
-Graphics
-A sort segment on popular fan fics, decks, and other things like that
-Someone's rant on things (we could alternate between people, but have Desu as a regular)

I can do the music thing with Kakashi and taxi. I can also do the wank stuff/rant thing.

It's mostly Desu making sure that everyone remembers his Internet a**hole personality and Aggro replying to it.
Nothing to really worry about.
[color="#0000cd"]Internet personality? I'm about the same. Changing too much just seems kind of stupid. :/[/color]

Anyway, for now we have:
- graphics (Kakashi, .Rai)
- some music we can fill in when needed and comment on (Kakashi, me, possibly Garazza?)
- interview with Byakk (Dworkin)
- card of the week (Dharc)
- highlighting a deck, or a fanfic or RP, or all of it
- columns for some people or serious panels featuring some elitefully knowledgeable member
- contests, games
- sponsors

Things to keep in mind:
- having different people do something to allow for some variety

[color=#0000CD]Is that like the only thing you read from Agro and my posts? I agreed with Garazza (don't care for exact spelling) that anime reviews (and video game reviews too?) were a good idea. Don't forget that.[/color]

Nah, using this mainly as a platform to vent and pull some members down isn't classy.
[color=#0000CD]You know that was all a complete joke, right? >_>[/color]

And first of all, the replies in quotes suck. So I'm just going to reply all over the board.
[color=#0000CD]trololo?[/color]

I was thinking about making the team much bigger than last time, mainly to get variety in and not having the same people always doing the same thing. That's also why I said I'm not sure if time will allow to count me in for the next issue because we will and should probably get different people doing something on every issue and also different people (like 2 or 3) commenting on something in one issue.
[color=#0000CD]Mhm.[/color]
Who does what however, that's a problem we're standing in front of.x3
[color=#0000CD]We need a Wheel of You're Doing This F*cking Job And You'll Like It.[/color]

No to Mako, sorry, we're one full bordello right now.='( If you guys want to drag him into this next time, feel free to do that, but 11 really seems like the max. number this can take.
[color=#0000CD]Yeah, that's fine. I didn't think so but I was wondering if we decide to do occasional video game reviews then asking to borrow the format he uses would be a good idea. Even Agro can back me up on this since he's used it for his own Deadly Premonitions review thread.[/color]

I'm not sure how half-serious I was about Desu's own section, though it was the first thing that came up in my mind and it would be an example for that column thing. But IDK, suggest us something else where you could come in?
[color=#0000CD]I'm pretty much fine with anything that doesn't actually involve the Yu-Gi-Oh card game or music.[/color]

I really like the ideas of fake headlines or getting a member who swears a lot rant about something and censoring things randomly, but this sounds like something for April's Fool.

[color=#0000CD]Didn't you mention end of next month or something? Although that is pretty far away. Middle of next month?[/color]

[color=#0000CD]Wait. Why not? No seriously? Why not completely parody what our YCM Nightly will normally be like and make a pretend official release that's a complete joke?[/color]

[/quote]
[quote name='-Dharc-' timestamp='1332413530' post='5883336']
[font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#663300]For the cast introduction preview, I'd say we can probably do that this weekend. I'd suggest we come up with some sort of form for all of us to fill out to introduce ourselves to the audience, and we'll PM those to whomever is hosting the preview.[/color][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#0000CD][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Yeah, that sounds pretty good.[/font][/color][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#663300]Also, Desu, why am I using brown? Because I love brown. Sarah, the love of my life and my best friend (barring Dementuo, Rodrigo, and Klavier) has brown hair. I wuv Sarah's hair. In fact, just to annoy you more, I'm going to use a different font.[/color][/font]

[color=#0000CD]There were so many things wrong with this that I want to smack you for but I won't because gym is f*cking tiring and I'm totally not using that as an excuse because there's a mod right over there.[/color]
[/quote]
[quote name='Dworkin' timestamp='1332449343' post='5883986']
Byakk doesnt want to be interviewed. Suggestions?
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Denver, Black, DL (would have to use Skype or MSN but quite frankly I don't know if alot of these shiould be in PMs since IMs just seem better), *Insert Well Known Member Here*, HOW F*CKING HARD CAN IT BE TO FIGURE OUT A MEMBER TO INTERVIEW?[/color]

[color=#0000CD]By the way, anybody else notice how much Kanade is stalking this thread yet how little Black is actually here?[/color]

[color=#ee82ee]...I believe we should all vote on who we want to see as the host of this first issue.
Although I'm really starting to feel inclined to give it to the people who [i]actually[/i] suggest/do some things in here because hosting is basically pulling the work of the others into a text.-.-
But let's leave that for later.

[quote name='Dworkin' timestamp='1332449343' post='5883986']
Byakk doesnt want to be interviewed. Suggestions?
[/quote]
[size=8]D=[/size]

Nevermind then, we can't really force people.x3
And yeah, Fusion X. Denver or The Real DL sound good. If you pick The Real DL, you're probably going to have enough material to fill the whole show (at least based on how much he posts/used to post in Clubs .-.).

I quite like the ideas so far, but I had imagined some things to be...simpler?o.o
Having interviews/reviews/music/TCG as a staple sounds good, but IDK, aren't there other less big things we could try out? I think people quite liked that "You play too much Yugioh when..." and some of these other tidbits like that ([/color][url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/56349-ycm-nightly-show-i-preview-up/page__st__140"][color=#ee82ee]click here[/color][/url][color=#ee82ee]). It wasn't really funny, but simple enough and effective, methinks. Maybe a YCM version should be easy to type up in a few minutes?

As for the music part, great. So we have Garazza who will review a song of the x and possibly Kakashi? Though if you're already busy, you can just shrug the music part off to someone else ([s]I think some people still don't have anything to do :D[/s]). I might also shrug my part off, so if someone wants to do the third song of the x, it's fine. ^_^

[quote]Is that like the only thing you read from Agro and my posts? I agreed with Garazza (don't care for exact spelling) that anime reviews (and video game reviews too?) were a good idea. Don't forget that.

You know that was all a complete joke, right? >_>[/quote]

Alright, add anime and video games reviews to that. (Although we should really make up our minds here because reviewing a Deck plus fanfic or RP plus anime or video game might bore people.

As for the second thing, I mainly said it to prevent.[/color]

[color=#ee82ee]And yeah, I noticed that Kanade and J-Max seem to roam around this thread a lot. :D But Yuzuru doesn't have anything to do yet, but when Garazza and Kakashi have gotten back on us on the music part, I will make a "this job for you and you'll like it" post.:3[/color]

[quote name='eviltaxi' timestamp='1332451017' post='5884046']
...I believe we should all vote on who we want to see as the host of this first issue.
Although I'm really starting to feel inclined to give it to the people who [i]actually[/i] suggest/do some things in here because hosting is basically pulling the work of the others into a text.-.-
But let's leave that for later.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]I vote for the big breasted bimb-*banned.* I mean you. I vote for you to host it. Just don't hurt me. ;_;[/color]

[color=#ee82ee][quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1332451290' post='5884054']
What type of music feature are we planning here? Is it a review thing, or just like Song of the Week?
[/quote]

Reviews.:3 Really, song of the week seems a bit hard to pull of and to get us all decided on something (unless we get 5 different ones x3).

[quote name='CDDRodrigo' timestamp='1332451514' post='5884062']
I can take care of the TCG section. Be it interviews, overview of the members, their style, the way of posting on TCG, a guide to not sound noobish, and overally funny things to do there.
[/quote]

GOOD
Do you think you could interview one of the TCG visitors for example? Or a summary on what people have been talking about recently or something like that? [s]Or parodies of their posting style.[/s][/color]

[quote name='eviltaxi' timestamp='1332451844' post='5884073']

[color=#ee82ee]Reviews.:3 Really, song of the week seems a bit hard to pull of and to get us all decided on something (unless we get 5 different ones x3).

GOOD
Do you think you could interview one of the TCG visitors for example? Or a summary on what people have been talking about recently or something like that? [s]Or parodies of their posting style.[/s][/color]
[/quote]

:D If it's reviews, I'm happy to help. I have a shameful geeky knowledge of musical theory and stuff. Just kinda helping and all, since the others are doing it.

[color=#ee82ee][quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1332451957' post='5884076']
:D If it's reviews, I'm happy to help. I have a shameful geeky knowledge of musical theory and stuff. Just kinda helping and all, since the others are doing it.
[/quote]

Alright then....so I'm putting you on the list of people who will review of a song? It's not really what you meant, but we should really start getting somewhere.:3

EDIT: Well, would you like to do a review of Atman's own music?

Also everyone:

[b][i][size=8]What about April's Fool? Regular first issue or an AF version? Or an AF-styled preview and then we post the actual issue afterwards?[/size][/i][/b]

Because IF we do something on that day, it WILL change the way we do interviews and write all that stuff.
And sorry for the large text, but just to make sure everyone gets it.:3[/color]

Archived