*The YCM Weekly Headquarters*

Hey, we could just be honest and give people 5-8 "songs of the x"! Spread out throughout the show and to emphasize the fact that we're over 10 people working on one show.:'3 (though I like it that way, no one gets overworked x3)
(I really think we should look for another staff-chosen song then...)

I like the ideas for far, but can we get like, a brief outline/skeleton of what everyone has in mind?
Like intro - parody of something - random music - interview - etc.

I have trouble understanding what that Daily Show is about because I don't really follow any talkshows at all.

And wow, this was just fine as a suggestion.o.o It's so much less spam compared to what this section pulls out sometimes.x3

[quote name='Garazza' timestamp='1332363370' post='5882578']
I have an idea. Think we should do reviews on things like shows/anime/music and stuff like that?
[/quote]

This exactly. If you want, you can just go for it.x3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#0000cd]Too much purple and girly light blue. This thread needs more Desu style rebellious normal yet very manly blue. And did I mention how awesome that thing I just said is? I might have. I don't really remember.[/color]

[color=#0000cd][u][u][b]Application form[/b][/u][/u]
[u]Name:[/u] Just call me Desu. And I swear to god you guys better not just copy and paste this whole thing when you try to say my name for a sh*tty joke that EVERYBODY saw coming.
[u]What are you good at/sections you frequent:[/u] My big three are probably Role Playing, Clubs and Organizations, and the Status Bar if you actually count it. Actually, I don't even count it. So those two sections and that hell hole that isn't TCG (Please note: I don't touch that TCG place). I sometimes check out a few of the other sections like general, polls, video games, and anime but I don't really do much in them. Just occasionaly to see if there's anything remotely interesting. And there usually isn't. Unless Noob is around. Oh Noob. <3
[u]Why should we pick you?[/u] You said you reserved me a spot. Although if you want a reason I guess it'd be because I'm [i]apparently[/i] funny. Yeah, I don't see it either. I'm also known as YCM's #1 a**hole or at least I call myself that so there's that. :/[/color]
[color=#0000cd][u]Activity:[/u] I pretty much lack a life so I'm on a lot. I'd say I wouldn't be on when I'm grounded (which has been pretty often this school year) but my PS Vita says, "f*ck no" to being grounded from the internet. So yeah, I can be pretty damn active.[/color]
[color=#0000cd][u]Timezone:[/u] Central[/color]

[color=#0000cd][color=#0000cd]And YES. I realized this has been filled up but Star said she reserved a spot for me. So middle fingers all around to those who seriously thought I can't read a f*cking title and were about to nag at me about it. And if you STILL do it then I hope we can all get around in a circle around you so you can only look up or down to evade the barrage of middle fingers. Your neck will get so god damn stiff and my lungs so god damn sore.[/color][/color]

[quote name='eviltaxi' timestamp='1332363574' post='5882584']
Hey, we could just be honest and give people 5-8 "songs of the x"! Spread out throughout the show and to emphasize the fact that we're over 10 people working on one sho.:'3 (though I like it that way, no one gets overworked x3)
(I really think we should look for another staff-chosen song then...)

[b]That could probably work well as an intermission.[/b]

I like the ideas for far, but can we get like, a brief outline/skeleton of what everyone has in mind?
Like intro - parody of something - random music - interview - etc.

I have trouble understanding what that Daily Show is about because I don't really follow any talkshows at all.

[b]I'll look for a video to link you to. It's a satirical comedy show outlining basic stupidity in the news. But it's not the topics I was looking at. It's the way they make jokes, transitions, etc. I'll have to find a video to really exemplify what I mean, but it'd be a bad idea to keep the whole show like it, obviously.[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Kujo Kazuya' timestamp='1332363867' post='5882599'][color=#0000cd]but Star said she[/color]
[/quote]Not sure if understands that there's a guy in this group better known as Star...

Desu: [s]Your face is girly[/s] Check the first post if you're a man.<3

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1332363878' post='5882600']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iUuWK0jgHk[/media]
[/quote]

I loved it, good song!
Alright, so if you or someone else has a song you want to write about, I'd love to read it.
8 "dis is THE awesome song of the show" songs might be a bit too much, but I don't see anything wrong with putting 3-5 down. :D If anything, it's going to be a fairly humorous eye twinkle of the self-irony sort.

[quote name='Dworkin' timestamp='1332365726' post='5882668']
So, is there a specific person I should interview, or can I go ahead and interview Byakk?
[/quote]

*has been on a hiatus on YCM, still doesn't know many people, but I guess this sounds fine*

I'd like to keep 2 things in mind for the show though:
- Even though we haven't decided on the general direction/set-up, methinks a balance between positive and negative stuff sounds good. I'm not sure if people would like to read another maximum-rant about how much the site sucks and how stupid people are apparently, but it shouldn't sound like an adventure of an 8-year-old Pokémon trainer either. My view anyway. :D
- Trolls and banned members should better be left out. As in, Dogking or that Mage guy have nothing to do in here and will reput the community into camps, if anything. I personally like the idea of interviewing less-known members or people with a [i]kind of[/i] tasteful troll tendency, I guess we just keep our minds functioning and decide whether it's a good idea to interview someone or not.

Anyway yeah, if you think Byakk will give us a decent interview, just go ahead.:3

Garazza: If that helps, I put some links into the OP so you can see how we used to do it more or less. I think we can definitely use some reviews on things and right now, everything besides "card of the x" is free. So IDK, go crazy?^^

....And I'm going off now.:3 I picked that K-Pop song mostly because I already have something in mind to write about (foreign songs usually offer a good base x3) and maybe we could use the ticket symbolism somewhere in the show, like a lottery or something.
k, bye <3

[quote name='eviltaxi' timestamp='1332366801' post='5882700']
Desu: [s]Your face is girly[/s] Check the first post if you're a man.

[color="#0000cd"]I feel like my masculinity was ripped right out from my balls. And since my balls are 100% masculinity I now can't have children. Gee, thanks. No seriously. No more condoms. F*ck yeah.[/color]

I loved it, good song!
Alright, so if you or someone else has a song you want to write about, I'd love to read it.
8 "dis is THE awesome song of the show" songs might be a bit too much, but I don't see anything wrong with putting 3-5 down. :D If anything, it's going to be a fairly humorous eye twinkle of the self-irony sort.

[color=#0000cd]We might not want just one person doing all the reviews. Maybe vary every so often or have multiple people reviewing the same thing for different opinions. Just wanted to mention.[/color]

I'd like to keep 2 things in mind for the show though:
- Even though we haven't decided on the general direction/set-up, it shouldn't turn into a "YCM sucks, Ima tell u how it sucks, see, stupid n00bs everywhere lawl" maximum-rant, but kind of keep a balance between good cop entertainment and bad cop entertainment. Not sure if this sounds clear, but my view anyway. :D
[color=#0000cd]Oh dear, no maximum rants? There goes most of my material.[/color]
- Trolls and banned members should better be left out. As in, Dogking or that Mage guy have nothing to do in here and will reput the community into camps, if anything. I personally like the idea of interviewing less-known members or people with a [i]kind of[/i] tasteful troll tendency, I guess we just keep our minds functioning and decide whether it's a good idea to interview someone or not.
[color=#0000cd]I suppose that makes sense. Mostly the second half. A bit disappointed in no Welche jokes. We don't want to just waste all the most popular members in one go.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Dworkin' timestamp='1332366871' post='5882705']
Now? When he's next online if he isnt now? Deadline?
[/quote]

We don't have one yet. And from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like we're going to set one up anytime soon.
You have time. :D
Although for reference, I'd say let's get this done before the end of April at the latest, it would be kind of bad to introduce the cast and then wait another month for the actual show.x3

Desu: *I'm too lazy to quote and edit everything properly*
Yeah, having many people review the same song sounds fine, although we'd need to decide on that song. The good part of posting several Youtube videos is that it'll give people a break from the walls of text (IF there are walls of text, but that depends on the host). I'm basically all for varying between text and videos, though it doesn't need to be music.
Right now, we have about 3 people only who will do some sort of multimedia-something review, but I don't even know if I'm going to help with the next issue.

Anyway, and you could have your own b*tching/parody/deadpan humour section?:3 No I'm serious, that's why I was all for letting you into this when you PMed me, you would be great or this.:'3

Another thing I just thought of is that we could stuff some extra figures inbetween who give pretty pointless or funny comments, like the hippie-anarcho-ecological-constantlyhigh-ist who drops some silly sentence about how to live a green live towards the end or the hit-me-with-a-club grandma who gives some weekly advice. Or something like YCM's own courage-wolf-style application. IDK, just brainstorming, we can pretty much go crazy at this point.

And now, bed.<3

[color=#996633]Okay, so, here's the dealio...I basically just skimmed the whole 2.5 pages of thread that I was absent for. I saw that it was cool if I hosted during off-periods and reviewed cards and wrote jokes, and then there was K-Pop, and then Desu (who should never have his application quoted/mentioned, especially in regards to his name) joined...[/color]

[color=#996633]Anything else I missed? I'll be off for a while soon, but I'll come back tonight, Kamina willing.[/color]

[color=#996633]And now, to address my roles...[/color]

[color=#996633]Joke Writer: Cool. Tell me what you want me to write about. I need a base for my material.[/color]
[color=#996633]"Guest Host": Sweet. I'll do that when time comes for me to do it.[/color]
[color=#996633]Card Reviewer: I'm thinking a TCG Card one show, and a Custom the next, as an alternating kind of thing.[/color]

[color=#996633]Also, are we going to basically just fill out a sort of "Introductory Self-Interview" for YCM Nightly ep.201? (This is only the second season, right? Or are we just starting from season 1 again, or something?)[/color]

This is YCM for you.:3

I'm logging off now too (should've done so an hour ago).
I'll give you guys a brief summary tomorrow and we're going to see what the people can do who haven't had anything assigned yet/are out for everything, yet have no real idea on what to do.

Good night all.:3

K. I'm happy to do some graphics :3

Everything that's happening looks really cool so far. If you want to perhaps organise it better, I was thinking that certain people should be in charge of 'columns', I guess. Regulars towards certain things in the talkshow. That's pretty much what you're doing now, but the establishment is cool and all.

[b]Fan-Fic/Role-Play Review[/b][b]: [/b]One of the most neglected sections on YCM deserves more attention. A quick shout-out to a fan-fic each time would be really cool. Since there aren't many fan-fics, you can always swap in and out with role-plays.

[b]SPONSORS HAR HAR: [/b]Well, randomly advertise a couple of things at the end, or beginning, of the show. A shop, or a set, or a deck, or a fan-fic, or a role-play, or a club, blah blah.

[b]Some sort of game thing: [/b]Like how a lot of TV shows have a competition at the end for prizes (via some random phoneline thing), we could do similar. Maybe pay a certain amount of points, get entered into a prize draw after getting an answer correct on YCM trivia, and win some more points.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1332369892' post='5882780']
[color=#008000][b]We should totally collab on Logos and shiz. •w•[/b][/color]

[b]Some sort of game thing: [/b]Like how a lot of TV shows have a competition at the end for prizes (via some random phoneline thing), we could do similar. Maybe pay a certain amount of points, get entered into a prize draw after getting an answer correct on YCM trivia, and win some more points.
[color=#008000][b]Points have value still?[/b][/color]
[/quote]
[color=#ffffff]...[/color]

[quote]K. I'm happy to do some graphics :3
[color=#008000][b]We should totally collab on Logos and shiz. •w•[/b][/color]

[color=#008000][b]Points have value still?[/quote][/b][/color]

omg yes <333333

Points will have value if we encourage activity in Shops ;)

Everything that's happening looks really cool so far. If you want to perhaps organise it better, I was thinking that certain people should be in charge of 'columns', I guess. Regulars towards certain things in the talkshow. That's pretty much what you're doing now, but the establishment is cool and all.

[b]Fan-Fic/Role-Play Review[/b][b]: [/b]One of the most neglected sections on YCM deserves more attention. A quick shout-out to a fan-fic each time would be really cool. Since there aren't many fan-fics, you can always swap in and out with role-plays.

[b]I'll be sure to try and help with at least the Creative Writing part of this. I need to read some more anyway.[/b]

[b]SPONSORS HAR HAR: [/b]Well, randomly advertise a couple of things at the end, or beginning, of the show. A shop, or a set, or a deck, or a fan-fic, or a role-play, or a club, blah blah.

[color=#FF0000][b]We could do this... We could also do fake ads as well. Hell, we could have random headlines come in as "Breaking News" and have something completely random that emphasizes something about YCM for satirical appeal.[/b][/color]

[/quote][color=#ff0000]Gaming will be tougher to do, certainly. But I guess we can try to work it in.[/color]

[quote name='eviltaxi' timestamp='1332368395' post='5882747']
We don't have one yet. And from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like we're going to set one up anytime soon.
You have time. :D
[color=#0000CD]Nothing wrong with this. Just means we're working hard on getting it good. :3[/color]
Although for reference, I'd say let's get this done before the end of April at the latest, it would be kind of bad to introduce the cast and then wait another month for the actual show.x3
[color=#0000CD]Yeah, that sounds pretty good.[/color]

Desu: *I'm too lazy to quote and edit everything properly*
[color=#0000CD]*Who isn't?*[/color]
Yeah, having many people review the same song sounds fine, although we'd need to decide on that song. The good part of posting several Youtube videos is that it'll give people a break from the walls of text (IF there are walls of text, but that depends on the host). I'm basically all for varying between text and videos, though it doesn't need to be music.
Right now, we have about 3 people only who will do some sort of multimedia-something review, but I don't even know if I'm going to help with the next issue.
[color=#0000CD]I actually meant reviewing more than just songs. I was including anime, manga, games, etc. into that and getting more than just one person from our cast to do it than just the same person whose opinion will get boring or annoying to some. Diversity is always nice. And if we do games I think it'd be nice to get Mako109 to help with those since he has amazing video game reviews that are usually ignored. I can just send a PM and know he'll be in. Or at least ask to borrow his format.[/color]

Anyway, and you could have your own b*tching/parody/deadpan humour section?:3 No I'm serious, that's why I was all for letting you into this when you PMed me, you would be great or this.:'3
[color=#0000CD]So like a whole section of this dedicated to some stupid rants of mine? should probably work on this with you to figure out what exactly I should do.[/color]

Another thing I just thought of is that we could stuff some extra figures inbetween who give pretty pointless or funny comments, like the hippie-anarcho-ecological-constantlyhigh-ist who drops some silly sentence about how to live a green live towards the end or the hit-me-with-a-club grandma who gives some weekly advice. Or something like YCM's own courage-wolf-style application. IDK, just brainstorming, we can pretty much go crazy at this point.
[color=#0000CD]So...you want me to try and bring Noob in to do random sh*t every so often?[/color]

And now, bed.<3
[color=#0000CD]Take me with you! >: D[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]And since I'm here should we have like some sort of anonymous advice column like in newspapers? Or at least parody one?[/color]
[quote name='-Dharc-' timestamp='1332368648' post='5882754']
[color=#996633]Okay, so, here's the dealio...I basically just skimmed the whole 2.5 pages of thread that I was absent for. I saw that it was cool if I hosted during off-periods and reviewed cards and wrote jokes, and then there was K-Pop, and then Desu (who should never have his application quoted/mentioned, especially in regards to his name) joined...[/color]
[color=#996633][color=#0000CD](Works every time)[/color][/color]

[color=#996633]Anything else I missed? I'll be off for a while soon, but I'll come back tonight, Kamina willing.[/color]

[color=#996633]And now, to address my roles...[/color]

[color=#996633]Joke Writer: Cool. Tell me what you want me to write about. I need a base for my material.[/color]
[color=#996633][color=#0000CD]Anything you want I assume. :/[/color][/color]
[color=#996633]"Guest Host": Sweet. I'll do that when time comes for me to do it.[/color]
[color=#0000CD]Yeah, that also seems like one of those things to be switched up every so often. Who does interviews that is. Like maybe a normal interviewer but somebody else might do an interview some other day and go back to the main interviewer the next. And guest hosts too maybe. Although guest hosts seem kind of pointless. Just saying.[/color]
[color=#996633]Card Reviewer: I'm thinking a TCG Card one show, and a Custom the next, as an alternating kind of thing.[/color]

[color=#996633]Also, are we going to basically just fill out a sort of "Introductory Self-Interview" for YCM Nightly ep.201? (This is only the second season, right? Or are we just starting from season 1 again, or something?)[/color]
[color=#0000CD]...what...?[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Also...why the f*ck are you using brown?[/color]

[color=#0000CD]These sound okay. Although to be honest this kind of sounds like it'll be more of a "All hail that Matt Bahumat prick" since he's pretty much the only one in fan fic and advertising RPs is just pretty stupid.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]I think that'd be a good once a week thing.[/color][/quote]
[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1332371067' post='5882807']
[color=#FF0000]Gaming will be tougher to do, certainly. But I guess we can try to work it in.[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]1) The quoted thing sounds like a good idea.[/color]
[color=#0000CD]2) Again, does like once a week work? I think it'll give us more time to even put variety into the games and try and make them different.[/color]
[color=#0000CD]3) Why the f*ck are you using red?[/color]

Desu:

@bringing in mako: Wondering if maybe his reviews would be too long. If we do, definitely would have to be an abridged version meant to give the audience quick points about the game and whether he thought it was good or not. Of course we could also do a panel discussing a game if more than one person has played it.

Hell, we could do panels on certain topics once or twice a week. It's best use may probably be used for card news, since it doesn't usually come more than once a week, we could just get some of the respectable members of TCG to talk about whatever it is. Of course, it may be hard to find competent respected members besides one or two like Rodrigo, etc, so we'd have to think about how to keep the integrity in there and make sure all comments are helpful and informative.

@Rant: If you do, I think we should have someone look through it and try to find jokes and such where they could be in.

Actually, we could do it once in a while where we get a member who swears a lot to rant about a serious topic and have someone else censor things randomly even if there isn't a cuss to see if we can't make it sound like he's saying something hilarious. It'd be tough though.

@Advice Column: Well that would probably work in with news and such. Like fit it in along with headlines that are just stupid, like "Mage Develops Split Personality, Clone Imminent"

But there should be like 3 advisors, each with a completely different personality (ex. evil, too damn nice, perverted) Or just one REALLY bad one.

@Hating on Fan Fic Section: It's not just Matt, there's still Star. And of course m- oh, right, you hate me. nvrmnd

[quote name='Kujo Kazuya' timestamp='1332375517' post='5882927']
[color=#0000CD]3) Why the f*ck are you using red?[/color]
[/quote]I use red to differentiate when I need to respond to something specific in a quote. I've used it from time to time ever since I've joined, and I know I've used it with you a few times. :\

[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1332376616' post='5882949']
Desu:

@bringing in mako: Wondering if maybe his reviews would be too long. If we do, definitely would have to be an abridged version meant to give the audience quick points about the game and whether he thought it was good or not. Of course we could also do a panel discussing a game if more than one person has played it.
[color=#0000CD]I was thinking short would probably just be something we'd do. I was just thinking people wouldn't be all that impressed with a short one. Although a panel discussing the subject sounds like a good idea.[/color]

Hell, we could do panels on certain topics once or twice a week.
[color=#0000CD]Sounds good.[/color]

It's best use may probably be used for card news, since it doesn't usually come more than once a week, we could just get some of the respectable members of TCG to talk about whatever it is. Of course, it may be hard to find competent respected members besides one or two like Rodrigo, etc, so we'd have to think about how to keep the integrity in there and make sure all comments are helpful and informative.
[color=#0000CD]That would seem like something you guys can do.[/color]

@Rant: If you do, I think we should have someone look through it and try to find jokes and such where they could be in.
[color=#0000CD]Huh?[/color]

Actually, we could do it once in a while where we get a member who swears a lot to rant about a serious topic and have someone else censor things randomly even if there isn't a cuss to see if we can't make it sound like he's saying something hilarious. It'd be tough though.
[color=#0000CD]Do you know a member who swears as much as me? Just saying. Although I'm not too into the ranting idea though. Not even sure on what I should be ranting about. Should that be something readers pick? What should that a**hole, Desu, rant about?[/color]

@Advice Column: Well that would probably work in with news and such. Like fit it in along with headlines that are just stupid, like "Mage Develops Split Personality, Clone Imminent"
[color="#0000cd"]That's a huh and meh at the same time. :/[/color]

But there should be like 3 advisors, each with a completely different personality (ex. evil, too damn nice, perverted) Or just one REALLY bad one.
[color=#0000CD]I like that. Three different people sounds really good to get different people and diversify.[/color]

@Hating on Fan Fic Section: It's not just Matt, there's still Star. And of course m- oh, right, you hate me. nvrmnd
[color=#0000CD]Dude, shut up about that bullsh*t me hating you sh*t. I hate Matt more than you and I don't even hate him. Just dislike him a lot. He's the only guy who really ever seems to get any publicity or talk about that section though and more people talk about his stuff than this Star guy's and yours so that's why I said that about him.[/color]

I use red to differentiate when I need to respond to something specific in a quote. I've used it from time to time ever since I've joined, and I know I've used it with you a few times. :\
[color=#0000CD]Maybe once before. Never seen it before though. :/[/color]
[/quote]

Archived