Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, Return of The Dark Hour [OoC Thread]

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='salseethrough' timestamp='1333678162' post='5903283']
theres only 5? who wouldnt wanna join a persona rp?
[/quote]

Unfortunatel, sal, not everyone shares our passion for the Persona series. Which is rather sad, as it is so amazing after all.

Ok, I was busy this week, but managed to finish an app. Before posting though, I'd like to reserve one more for CASA and if Yosuke and Kanji are allowed, 2 for Strega. If this is ok, I'll post all 4 at once. Lastly, is it cool if I use just a hand drawn picture for the created Persona? Got an image in my head of what I want them to look like, but I can't write a description that I'm satisfied with :/

[quote name='Corona Ray' timestamp='1334109125' post='5909627']
Lol, mine's limited to Persona 1, 2, 3, and 4. And a good amount of the rest of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, too.
[/quote]

We got a Persona badass here xD But seriously, I'll withdraw Yosuke and Kanji if it makes things easier.

[quote name='Corona Ray' timestamp='1334109125' post='5909627']
Lol, mine's limited to Persona 1, 2, 3, and 4. And a good amount of the rest of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, too. So I guess my knowledge isn't limited at all =D
[/quote]

If you actually played and finished Persona 1, you wasted your time. That thing is complicated and horrendous even compared to badly-translated copies of Megami Tensei (gameplaywise anyway, the story's pretty neat). Persona 2's ensemble (both Sin and Punishment) is excellent, however; I'll probably buy the PSP release of Punishment soon, just so I can have a legal copy. Also I'm curious at what the official translation is like.

I would, however, recommend any of the other Shin Megami Tensei games that are relatively recent (Let's say, anything that isn't on the Famicom) to basically anyone, they're all excellent. Either of the Raidou games or Devil Survivor are probably the best of the bunch, though I have a friend that swears by Digital Devil Saga; Nocturne and Strange Journey are good choices if you're feeling masochistic.

Technically, Kanji and Yosuke [i]could [/i]be characters here. Persona 3 and 4 take place in the same universe. Heck, they have a crossover game coming out soon.

[quote name='Hydra of Clocks' timestamp='1334115057' post='5909739']
If you actually played and finished Persona 1, you wasted your time. That thing is complicated and horrendous even compared to badly-translated copies of Megami Tensei (gameplaywise anyway, the story's pretty neat). Persona 2's ensemble (both Sin and Punishment) is excellent, however; I'll probably buy the PSP release of Punishment soon, just so I can have a legal copy. Also I'm curious at what the official translation is like.

I would, however, recommend any of the other Shin Megami Tensei games that are relatively recent (Let's say, anything that isn't on the Famicom) to basically anyone, they're all excellent. Either of the Raidou games or Devil Survivor are probably the best of the bunch, though I have a friend that swears by Digital Devil Saga; Nocturne and Strange Journey are good choices if you're feeling masochistic.

Technically, Kanji and Yosuke [i]could [/i]be characters here. Persona 3 and 4 take place in the same universe. Heck, they have a crossover game coming out soon.
[/quote]

Luckily, I played about half an hour's worth of 1 before I quit it and just looked up the info on it. Plus it was my friend's copy, so I didn't waste any money on it. 2 is, as you say, excellent. I've yet to fully finish Innocent Sin, although I'm getting [i]pretty [/i]close to its end. I'm also rather eagerly awaiting Punishment.

I second your recommendation for any of the recent SMT games, for they are simply amazing. Devil Survivor 1, Nocturne, and Strange Journey were how I became familiar with the series before meeting a little piece of paradise called Persona 3. Indeed, I even went and bought Devil Survivor 2 just the past weekend at an anime convention, just because It was SMT. I'm[i] that [/i]much of a fanboy. (Okay, maybe not, but still...)

I haven't heard of this crossover game you speak of, though. Unless you mean the Mayonaka Arena? It does have some P3 characters in it, after all. And I'm pretty sure P4: the Golden is not a crossover.

What I'm a bit concerned about is not that Kanji and Yosuke could be characters here, but rather that Kio wanted to use them as part of Strega (unless I screwed up majorly in understanding the post where he asked about Yosuke and Kanji). I just don't quite see how'd that work, to be honest.

[quote name='Hydra of Clocks' timestamp='1334115057' post='5909739']
Technically, Kanji and Yosuke [i]could [/i]be characters here. Persona 3 and 4 take place in the same universe.
[/quote]

That much I've gathered... only because of the arena thing or whatever it is. Although, like Corona said, the two of them will [i]have[/i] to work alongside the CASA, cause... well, unless they've been heavily brainwashed, they won't work for Strega.

[quote name='Corona Ray' timestamp='1334115716' post='5909744']I haven't heard of this crossover game you speak of, though. Unless you mean the Mayonaka Arena? It does have some P3 characters in it, after all. And I'm pretty sure P4: the Golden is not a crossover.
[/quote]

I am indeed talking about Arena (by the way, its english release name has been confirmed as Persona 4: Arena. I would have preferred a more direct translation, Champion of the Midnight Arena, but eh). The Persona 3 characters are heavily invested in the plot, and without spoiling the game itself, the main villain has a more direct tie to Persona 3 than they do to Persona 4.

Devil Survivor 2 is excellent; I finished it (well, my first playthrough anyway) the other day, and I can easily say I preferred it to the first. The only possible negative to it is that there's no "Become Overlord of all Demons and Rule Earth with an Iron Fist" ending like the first one.

That said, we should probably cut this derail here unless it's relevant to the roleplay itself. Do we have a Shin Megami Tensei thread? We should...

Archived