The Workshop - A place where artists gather.

Night

[center][img]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/TheWorkshopNW.png[/img][/center]

[center][color=#696969]_____[/color][/center]

[center]Firstly, this is a club for all members. Whether you are an artist, are seeking to learn the craft, or simply just want to take part in and observe, comment and be part of the community.[/center]
[center]Don't be afraid to join in the fun simply due to inexperience, we're all here to learn and grow as a community.[/center]
[center][color=#696969]_____[/color][/center]

[center][size=4][b]Important/Announcement/Event Section[/b][/size][/center]

[center][b]3/31/12[/b] - Nothing of importance as of now. Except of course that the thread is up.[/center]

[center][size=4][spoiler=Member Application][/size][/center]

[center][b]Preferred name to be called:[/b] Nw / Nightwalker / Amir[/center]
[center][b]Why do you want to join:[/b] Everyone has the potential to be a great artist, all it takes is determination and a strong community to help you along the way, which is essentially why I made this club, to get more members interested in graphic design and art as a whole. I believe that I as well as others have the ability to teach members interested in graphic design the ways of the craft.[/center]
[center][b]How will you benefit the community:[/b] I've already done as much as I can to benefit this community, but there is always more to be done. I've got big plans for the graphic design section, all it takes is the help of everyone else in the community.[/center]

[center][b]Preferred name to be called:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to join:[/b]
[b]How will you benefit the community:[/b][/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]

[center][spoiler=Members][/center]
[center][b][Leader][/b][/center]

[center]'Nw[/center]
[center]____[/center]

[center][b][Co-Leaders][/b][/center]

[center].Rai[/center]
[center]____[/center]

[center][b][Members][/b][/center]

[center]+Catman[/center]
[center]Daemon[/center]
[center]Protogenoi - Chaos[/center]
[center]UGK[/center]
[center]Thunder End Dragon[/center]
[center]Smear[/center]
[center]Tormented[/center]
[center]Cacophony[/center]
[center]Lost Child[/center]
[center]Fraxure[/center]
[center]Legend Zero[/center]
[center]Cheetah Blazer[/center]
[center].nova[/center]
[center]Yin[/center]
[center]teRRaByte[/center]
[center]Hioco[/center]
[center]Kokonoe[/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#660066]Preferred[/color][color=#000000] name to be called[/color][color=#666600]:[/color][color=#666600] Catman[/color]
[color=#660066]Why[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088]do[/color][color=#000000] you want to join[/color][color=#666600]:[/color][color=#666600] Don't have a reason.[/color]
[color=#660066]How[/color][color=#000000] will you benefit the community:[/color][color=#666600] Posting my stuff and critiquing other stuff.[/color]

[color=#666600]Your code's messed up.[/color]

Removed.
I don't really understand why the code is used for applications in the first place.

Welcome, I'd give you co, but I don't know if you'd want it.
I personally don't see much of a point to it it either actually.

[b]Preferred name to be called: [/b]Enrise or Lucifer were my notable names back in the day.
[b]Why do you want to join:[/b] Why would I not wanna join?
[b]How will you benefit the community:[/b] Well, I guess I can only say that I want to help in whatever way I can.

[b]Preferred name to be called: [/b] Rain/Tyler
[b]Why do you want to join: [/b] I'm ill like a Malaria carrier. Actually, idk, I just wanted to and I missed being a part of the YCM Graphic Section community.
[b]How will you benefit the community: [/b]Spread my Malaria to those who oppose. I'd do the normal bashing noobs and harming elites. You know, do whatever I used to do. :PP

[b]Preferred name to be called: [/b]Rai; CR; whatever le fux you likes.
[b]Why do you want to join: [/b]I missed Showcase a lot.
[b]How will you benefit the community: [/b]Helping new artists, I guess. It's great fun definitely.

Oh, and since this is up, probably a good time to start all the tutorials from Showcase '12 now, I'll catch you on MSN some time.

[b]Preferred name to be called: Tormented [/b]
[b]Why do you want to join: Because, I thought of the idea and besides this is already working well.[/b]
[b]How will you benefit the community: I can help give advice at making Custom Images etc, getting better at them myself so yeah and as always there is always room for improvement. [/b]

[b]Preferred name to be called:[/b] Summer Rain or Cacophony [s]the latter sucks and I know it[/s]
[b]Why do you want to join:[/b] So I can feel a reason to actually post non-written art in this joint
[b]How will you benefit the community: [/b]By being an awesome noob, clearly

[b]Preferred name to be called:[/b] Fraxure/Thermatic
[b]Why do you want to join:[/b] To carry on getting better, but mainly to help raise awareness of graphics sub-forum and expand it, if possible.
[b]How will you benefit the community:[/b] By making more and more banners, each of which better than the last one, until your all stunned with their eventual amazingness. :D

[b]Preferred name to be called:[/b] LZ
[b]Why do you want to join: [/b]Use to be active in Showcase, then college came and I stopped. =[
[b]How will you benefit the community: [/b]Not real sure other than being active. Though I'm sure if people see that I can do it then they could too.

[quote name=''Nw' timestamp='1333291028' post='5897454']
Ahh.
Woke up to a page filled with applications, I feel like pikachu.
(a day in c/o and i'm referencing the members, not the best sign.)

I guess it's time for a topic? Any suggestions?
[/quote]

Pikachu was an amazing person. Till he left. And there was an attempted remake at CP. Which failed...

As for a topic... Um... I'm starting to make something, but I can't seem to get far with it (cause.. I'm new at it). I can pull it up if you like.

I just realized I haven't done any Custom Images in about a week, guess I'll get to doing some when I'm watching some more DBZ later, trying to watch all of the DBZ episodes in 3 days, got up to like episode 30 before falling a sleep last night :L.

Also, that "thing" your working on, I guess this is one of the main reasons for this club so that seems like a pretty decent idea.

[quote name='Tormented' timestamp='1333310991' post='5897934']
One thing I can already tell is the fact that it doesn't really flow that well, the BG color and the actual render are completely different also, the outerglow looks blerrggh
[/quote]

Keep in mind, I am completely new at this stuff. I never said it was a finished product either.
And I'm aware the BG color and render colors are different.

Best way to fix colour differences is to either neutralize the offending colour with a complimentary of it, or to add a Photo Filter to the entire thing so the tag becomes uniform in colour.

The text is vaguely decent, but unneeded. Good effort though.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1333311899' post='5897955']
Best way to fix colour differences is to either neutralize the offending colour with a complimentary of it, or to add a Photo Filter to the entire thing so the tag becomes uniform in colour.

The text is vaguely decent, but unneeded. Good effort though.
[/quote]

In other words... either change the color of the background so it compliments the focus, or find a different background so it goes better with it?

For text, I just went with it. I can either change it a bit or get rid of it entirely.

[quote name='Protogenoi - Chaos' timestamp='1333312633' post='5897978']
In other words... either change the color of the background so it compliments the focus, or find a different background so it goes better with it?

For text, I just went with it. I can either change it a bit or get rid of it entirely.
[/quote]

When I say neutralize, I mean add a selective photo filter. Adding a small amount of magenta to green helps neutralize the colour of it.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1333314732' post='5898029']
When I say neutralize, I mean add a selective photo filter. Adding a small amount of magenta to green helps neutralize the colour of it.
[/quote]
That, other than that though it is a decent attempt at a Tag.

Archived