The Workshop - A place where artists gather.

Night

Chaos - Keep your text hidden under a bridge for now, at least until you've put a few tags under your belt. Then, once you got those done and have some experience, experiment with it, and make sure it's simple or works well. Don't ever do s*** like that again. You'll also want to do a lot of experimenting in general to test the waters and develop your own style.

Daemon - Tag's pretty nice, you need some different colors to make it pop, imo. Not enough contrast and maybe too high of a saturation? It's a nice, decent concept marred by some technical color flaws. Maybe add another element to make in interesting, too. It kind of gets a little boring. No sense of story or action, you know?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='UGK' timestamp='1333352259' post='5898697']
Daemon - Tag's pretty nice, you need some different colors to make it pop, imo. Not enough contrast and maybe too high of a saturation? It's a nice, decent concept marred by some technical color flaws. Maybe add another element to make in interesting, too. It kind of gets a little boring. No sense of story or action, you know?
[/quote]I know what you mean. I am not much for story, I just go with what I think. But I understand.[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1333378283' post='5898867']
Daemon's tag's decent, but it's kinda basic. The foreground smudging is just a [i]tiny [/i]bit imperfect. If something's gonna be about a simple concept like that, it should be perfect.
[/quote]But I worked so hard the smudging!!!
KK. I'll do my best to fix it.

Was going to put up the CFX thread when the whole SC thing was in effect.
Seeing as thought that idea was concepted at a time in which there were only about 3 people actual involved with showcase, I'll be presenting that again at a later time.

As for now, I'm unsure if I should put it up regardless or wait until I reinvent the SC project.

[img]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/NWCFX-1.png[/img]

For those of you who are unaware it'll basically be a hub for collaboration projects. Members will be able to pair up or be paired up, and will engage in friendly competition with their pieces.
This was extremely successful in the past, when we tried collaboration in showcase out of sheer curiosity and boredom.

Thoughts?

Collabs are fun. Usually, one person learns a lot from the other and vice versa. I think definitely don't abandon it, at all, but wait just a little longer when this picks up. I'll do a little bit of subliminal advertising.

Collabs are one of the best ways to simply learn about GFX.

[b][color=#000066]Preferred name to be called: Neph/Nova
Why do you want to join: I'm bad at GFX and stuff, and want to learn how to become better.
How will you benefit the community: Try to give constructive advice, help people (if I can), encourage people? I dunno.[/color][/b]

Needless to say, (I think) anyone who applies is accepted.
Any member has the ability to accept the application, please do it'll make things easier.

As for things I've got planned for this club;

I think it would be a good idea if we had in-club teams in which there would be weekly competitions and things of the sort where the members of said team would win points for the team. Prizes such as exclusive .psds, renders, etc. are distributed to each member of the team.

Each team would be relatively small, housing about 3-6 people (will adjust as more members join) with a designated leader. This will help members improve through the motivation of their teammates.

Thoughts?

Just a fyi, I may be able to come back sooner than expected. My boss is leaving me in charge at work for the next two weeks, then I get my long vacation. So, it all depends on if a teacher gives me a surprise project before the end of the semester after the next 2 weeks. If not, then I'll try to work on something. =]

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1333718874' post='5903676']
Just a fyi, I may be able to come back sooner than expected. My boss is leaving me in charge at work for the next two weeks, then I get my long vacation. So, it all depends on if a teacher gives me a surprise project before the end of the semester after the next 2 weeks. If not, then I'll try to work on something. =]
[/quote]

That's what I like to hear.

[IMG]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/Spidermang.png[/IMG]

Still rusty, but I'm shaking it off slowly.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][left][b]Preferred name to be called:[/b] Yin[/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][left][b]Why do you want to join:[/b] Makes sense that I join and .Nw told me too.[/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][left][b]How will you benefit the community: [/b]Renders if people need 'em?[/left][/size][/font][/color]

Just make sure you all don't say "nigga".....because.....you know......[img]http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2043655/82366507.gif[/img]

Also, anyone have any nice effect packs, whether c4d or fractal oriented, to give me? ;D

[b]Preferred name to be called: Hioco :3[/b]
[b]Why do you want to join: Been graphics section mod for a few years, always looking to learn and help out where I can![/b]
[b]How will you benefit the community: Used to have a massive tutorial/PSD thread back in those good old days, they were taken from me though:( Looking to rebuild atm so I can offer tutorials and PSD's to beginners and less advanced artists :)![/b]

Archived