The Workshop - A place where artists gather.

Night

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1334854394' post='5918953']
Tried uploading it to Imgur, that didnt work..

oh, ok. So, no text?
[/quote]

Yeah. Make sure you learn a bit about blending.

If you can see, the edges of the render are quite visible. Before you attempt more, go to deviantart.com and search up some tag tutorials. Download some C4Ds or fractals too. They are a tag artist's bread and butter.

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1334855273' post='5918958']
Where are they located?
[/quote]

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=tag+tutorial
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=c4d+pack
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=fractal+pack

Everything in these search results are probably relevant for downloading or reading.

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1334865312' post='5919099']
Dis is a tag thingy with no words :D

[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/t6ay2x.png[/img]
EDIT: owait, it has little words down in the corner....
[/quote]

Looks more like a CI to me.

Also, a quick update on the whole team project, I've concepted everything really, the only thing left to do is publish.
I can have that up as soon as I see a bit more activity, and any sort of interest. Not to imply that this place isn't active already, for what it is (a graphic design club) it's going fine as is, these tend to die out by the 3rd page.
Too see we've started strong only persuades me to get more projects such as this put into full effect.

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1334870297' post='5919211']
Oh. CI then.

Yeah, I cannot tell the difference between a tag and a CI. I'd like to be able to do both though...
[/quote]

Custom images don't really use C4Ds.

CIs, just imagine them as a YGO card picture basically.

[quote name=''Nw' timestamp='1334870041' post='5919202']

Looks more like a CI to me.

Also, a quick update on the whole team project, I've concepted everything really, the only thing left to do is publish.
I can have that up as soon as I see a bit more activity, and any sort of interest. Not to imply that this place isn't active already, for what it is (a graphic design club) it's going fine as is, these tend to die out by the 3rd page.
Too see we've started strong only persuades me to get more projects such as this put into full effect.
[/quote]

do it. now.

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1334873552' post='5919307']
wats a C4D anyhow? I know what fractals are, I use them in some stuff, but wtf is a C4D?
[/quote]

They're basically big 3D rendered shapes, and people use them in tags as supporting features.

I assume you looked at some of the ones in the search link I posted.

[img]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/252/a/e/depth_with_c4d__s_by_zenron-d49c9gz.png[/img]

All the creepy spiky things in the background are C4Ds.

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1334874809' post='5919323']
Oh. Right, those. Derp.

How does one use them? Like fractals?

I dont use GIMP or Photoshop btw.

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

I want to get GIMP however.
[/quote]

Corel O_o I'm so jelly.

However, Corel is mainly a digital painting program rather than an editing program.

Get GIMP. It's like compulsory :3

[quote name='teRRaByte' timestamp='1334875839' post='5919337']
Is Photoshop free like GIMP?
[/quote]

You can get a 30 day trial, but otherwise no.

Unless you illegally download it. lol.

If you're a student, there's a discount. Even so: Photoshop Elements is about $50, and Photoshop CS5 is about $300.

[center][b]Preferred name to be called: [color=#800000]Thar, Crimson, Bro[/color][/b]
[b]Why do you want to join: [color=#800000]Hobbyist photomanipulator/Graphic design rookie[/color][/b]
[b]How will you benefit the community: [color=#800000]Post some stuff while making comments on others', whilst trying to improve on my own work.[/color][/b][/center]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]I hope stocks are accepted here. Photography is my biggest knack.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1334888526' post='5919557']
[center][b]Preferred name to be called: [color=#800000]Thar, Crimson, Bro[/color][/b]
[b]Why do you want to join: [color=#800000]Hobbyist photomanipulator/Graphic design rookie[/color][/b]
[b]How will you benefit the community: [color=#800000]Post some stuff while making comments on others', whilst trying to improve on my own work.[/color][/b][/center]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]I hope stocks are accepted here. Photography is my biggest knack.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Sure. Photography is just as accepted as anything else here :3

Archived