The Workshop - A place where artists gather.

Night

ehh i realize im a bit late but ive been busy and havent gone online. anyways

[b]Preferred name to be called: [/b]Shadow Striker, Shadow, Striker
[b]Why do you want to join:[/b] Get some good criticism on my work and see what other people make
[b]How will you benefit the community:[/b] provide CnC from my point of view and just try to help out

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[b]Preferred name to be called: Creator/Aito/Hideki[/b]
[b]Why do you want to join: I love art in it's many forms and would be interested in seeing the various works produced here.[/b]
[b]How will you benefit the community: While I have little skill in digital media, I can contribute my ability to draw with pencil, pen and paper, my ability to commit minor animation to both 2D and 3D works, and I am also capable of voice acting some roles and some minor movie creation.[/b]

[quote name='§hadow §triker' timestamp='1335319366' post='5924605']
ehh i realize im a bit late but ive been busy and havent gone online. anyways
[b]Preferred name to be called: [/b]Shadow Striker, Shadow, Striker
[b]Why do you want to join:[/b] Get some good criticism on my work and see what other people make
[b]How will you benefit the community:[/b] provide CnC from my point of view and just try to help out
[/quote]
[quote name='Hideki Hinata' timestamp='1335322399' post='5924655']
[b]Preferred name to be called: Creator/Aito/Hideki[/b]
[b]Why do you want to join: I love art in it's many forms and would be interested in seeing the various works produced here.[/b]
[b]How will you benefit the community: While I have little skill in digital media, I can contribute my ability to draw with pencil, pen and paper, my ability to commit minor animation to both 2D and 3D works, and I am also capable of voice acting some roles and some minor movie creation.[/b]
[/quote]

Both assumed as accepted, simply because everyone's accepted :o

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1335562430' post='5926982']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5cqwL.png[/img]

Newest piece. I REALLY want that text, so if anyone can figure out how to blend it in better, care to tell?
[/quote]

It took me a while to get the whole text thing down with GIMP, but just play around with the fonts and the distortions (bevel/emboss, etc.) and never hesitate to experiment with the smudge tool to make it flow with the piece.

Adam Baldwin is a beast, especially in Firefly.

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1335562430' post='5926982']
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5cqwL.png[/IMG]
Newest piece. I REALLY want that text, so if anyone can figure out how to blend it in better, care to tell?
[/quote]

Use a less intrusive font? The text itself is pretty cool, maybe without that really annoying full stop.

I've always found sans serif fonts all capitalized is the most effective thing to do with text.

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1335915521' post='5930537']
Oh. So I do either no period, or a bunch? Like four?
[/quote]

4? HEELL NO.

Usually, it's just never use periods. There are exceptions, but they're rare and few.

[quote name='~Spike~' timestamp='1335915720' post='5930544']
Gotcha. I just thought multiples would give a drifting-off effect. Dunno.
So no period?
[/quote]

Yep. Try using a thinner font too, and just put everything in capitals. Experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived