Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [IC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

Kohakuchan19

"....heh, guess I only have one choice left then....hope for the best....enter Main Phase 2....I'll activate my good old fashioned Jar of Greed, this lets me draw one card, then with that out of the way I activate my second face-down....it was a bluff originally...but I activate A wingbeat of Giant Dragon!" as Josep drew his card the winds started picking up, Van'Dalgyon slowly levitated into the air.

"By returning one level 5 or Higher Dragon Type monster on the field I can go ahead and destroy all Spell and Trap cards on the field! It' about time I got rid of your Field Spell...Van'Dalgyon! Heavy wingbeat!" The purple Dragon struck a pose as his wings started tearing the field apart, Leyvaten's sword shaking as it turned back to normal and Future Fusion crumbling. "This is your chance to respond"

Turn 3: Battle Phase
LP: 2800
Hand: 2 (Van'Dalgyon is a cost, however Jar of greed can be negated)
F Field: Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon (2800/2400)/ Van'Dalgyon, The Dark Dragon Lord (2800/2500)(Returned to Hand) / Dragunity Arma Leyvaten (2600/1200)
B Field: Jar of Greed(activation pending), Future Fusion (turn 0)(Destruction pending), FelGrand Dragon(Destruction pending), A wingbeat of Giant Dragon (Cost Pain, activation pending)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What?" Jenna breathed, her eyes widening in alarm for the first time since the Duel began. That meant a lot more in retrospect: Josep had the means to wipe out her resources before the Battle Phase. Actually, now that she thought about it, he had several opportunities throughout the Duel to take huge advantage of her situation, yet always did so after the ideal timing.

As the winds swept around her Field, the rune circle glowed, as if aware of its impending destruction, and the bracers on Jenna's Crystal Beast monsters did similarly. One of the cards flipped up, but the other simply rolled over, revealing itself to be the Trap Card Chaos Burst, and then shattered apart.

Then the circle around them shattered, and a gale of wind swept through her Field, both her Crystal Beasts whining in protest before vanishing in black mist.

Jenna fell to one knee, breathing harder, as if she had just finished running a marathon. Her eyes blazed with frustration.

"You..." she growled, clenching her fist. "When Advanced Dark is destroyed, all Advanced Crystal Beasts on the Field are also destroyed," she said coldly. Then, without warning, her grin reappeared. "But so good of you to use that Spell after attacking me this turn, for I made a small miscalculation that probably would have cost me the Duel had you played your cards right!"

A colorful, rainbow-like aura materialized in the sky and a faint roar could be heard. "When you played your Spell, I chained with this Trap Card!" she said, the image of the Trap Card reappearing to display its text to Josep.

"Rainbow Gravity is a Trap Card that can only be activated when all 7 Crystal Beasts are on the Field, or in the Graveyard," Jenna explained smugly, the translucent images of 7 gemstones surrounding her, the crystals sending the same colored light into the sky to match the aura already there. "It allows me to Special Summon my ultimate monster, but I'm sure you saw it coming..."

The sky shook with the force of a second draconic roar and the rainbow burst into several colorful beams, heralding the arrival of the new monster. It was long and serpentine, with glittering lights of every color of the rainbow along its side, the scales of its body an ominous black. Its eyes were dark and fierce, and its mouth filled with jagged fangs. It dwarfed both of Josep's remaining dragons, and roared again, declaring itself the dominant force on the Field. (Lvl 10, 4000/0)

Jenna stood up and giggled, her shoulders shaking with amusement. "Good for you to come, Rainbow Dark Dragon...let's win this Duel, yes?"

LP: 1200
H: 0
M: Rainbow Dark Dragon (ATK: 4000), Number 39 (DEF: 2000, Overlay 0)
S/T: 0

Josep looked up at the massive Dragon "Level Ten.....Dragon King-class....and hers is much bigger then mine....." Josep chuckled a bit, terrified yes, but at the fact that he was facing such a powerful Dragon, he grinned and then looked at the field. "Sheesh, she really came to play.....we don't have much of a choice it seems......we might lose this....." Arma seemed okay with this fact, but Red-Eyes did not enjoy the competition of another "King" It flapped it's wings defiantly, despite the major difference in ATK strength. "I'll set the two cards I have left that aren't Van'Dalgyon.....and hope for the best....I end my turn....."

Turn 3: End Phase
Hand: 1
F Field: Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon (2800/2400) / Dragunity Arma Leyvaten (2600/1200)
B Field: 2 Face-Down S/T cards

[color=#800080]"I don't know what will happen to that man...at least he is alive, and I might hit the hospital tomorrow just to check up on him."[/color] - Leon laughed as Neo screamed at 32, but stopped as his head started hurting -[color=#800080] "The only thing you are causing me is a headache. He can't hear you, 2 and 93 have him tied up. I'll throw the card somewhere, tomorrow morning."[/color] - Leon waved at Neo, and turned to Amber, who was coughing - [color=#800080]"Amber, are you sick? We should really get to that hotel soon."[/color] - Leon grabbed Amber's arm, and kept walking, getting closer and closer to the hotel.

"It's my turn, draw!" Jenna stated, drawing a new card and glancing at it. A slight twitch of displeasure was the only sign she gave regarding the draw. "Battle! Rainbow Dark Dragon, attack his Red-Eyes with Dark Rainbow Refraction!"

The large dragon opened its maw, a rainbow ring forming in front of its mouth and a powerful beam of energy launched through the line towards the metal-scaled dragon. Even if this hit, the Duel wouldn't be over just yet, and with two facedown cards plus the Dark Dragon lord in his hand, she had good reason to be wary. If one of those cards was a Counter Trap capable of negating her cards, then a Spell Card could possibly cost her the Duel, and if a Trap Card was negated, her Rainbow Dark Dragon might end up destroyed. Therefore, strength was all she could use to fight for now.

(Response?)

LP: 1200
H: 1
M: Rainbow Dark Dragon (ATK: 4000, attacking REDMD), Hope (DEF: 2000)
S/T: 0

"Red-Eyes opened it's wings to take the attack, and once the beam struck he was instantly pushed back, it's armor beginning to crack, but it opened it's own mouth and charged it's own beam. "There was no way I could fight that thing head on.....his power is too great, and even Red-Eyes is humbled.....I waited until this turn, because I wanted to see what Rainbow Dark can do, he does have a weakness however....and that's a weakness that I exploit of any deck with physical strength greater then mine.....I activate my face-down......Inverse Universe!"

Gravity seemed to shift, and power levels dropped drastically, Leyvaten taking a hefty strike as his power was cut by more then half (1200/2600). "I can't defeat your Number in battle....your Rainbow Dark Dragon is too powerful....forgive me for this act of cowardice.....Inverse Universe...." as he was explaining Hope's Defensive power grew, his armor shining more brightly then before (2000/2500).

"It switches the ATK and DEF of all Effect monsters on the field.....weakening my Red-Eyes and leaving him with only 2400" Red-Eyes continued to charge an attack to defend itself, the Black Beam in it's mouth weaker then usual, but still potent(2400/2800). "This means that....Rainbow Dark Dragon's attack switches.....to zero!" (0/4000). The Black beam fired in retaliation, piercing through Rainbow Dark Dragon's attack and nearing him. "Enigma Dragon Beam!" Josep shouted as it neared it's target.

Turn 3: End Phase
Hand: 1
F Field: Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon (2400/2800) / Dragunity Arma Leyvaten (1200/2600)
B Field: 1 Face-Down S/T card, Inverse Universe (currently activating)

"Wha...I..." Jenna's expression shifted from confident and gleeful to flustered and alarmed, looking at the card in her hand, and then the Trap involved, and then at her Disk again. Her mind had gone blank, refusing to process what had just happened for several long moments. The card in her hand...it couldn't help in this situation, and she had nothing to halt her own attack.

"Damn it!" she hissed, pounding her fist on her Disk in frustration. Rainbow Dark Dragon shuddered oddly, the power behind its breath fading to only the thinnest of streams. (ATK: 0)

The black scaled dragon seemed to pant, as if the very exertion of attacking had suddenly become too much for it, and Jenna turned her head away, refusing to watch. Refusing to see her beloved monster be taken down like this. How was she to rise to the top of the tournament if she stumbled so easily into a Trap like that?! How was she supposed to prove her dueling mettle if a random Dragon Deck could shut down all her strategies, one by one? Worst of all, she knew she had done wrong. She knew Josep's strategies and cards could have defeated her multiple times over the course of the game, yet every time he didn't take advantage of that, she had become boastful and confident, eager to penalize him for it, and blinded to the harsh reality of her impending loss.

She shut her eyes, and a drop of moisture fell from her cheek.

The metal dragon's counter attack took the serpentine monster squarely in the chest. It let out a pitiful roar, and then dissolved, rather than how most monsters shattered into pixels, its defeat was more graceful and beautiful than that. Rainbow sparkles floated from its body as it gradually faded away into nothingness, leaving only the shower of rainbow light as an indication where it had once stood.

Jenna LP: 0

[b]Winner: Josep[/b]

As everyone gave their apologies, Mikey and Blazey stood, waiting for everything to finish. Blazey was still crying from shock. Leon told Mikey he was brave, and told Blazey to stop crying. "Thanks," Mikey said. "Means a lot coming from you." As Neo turned to leave, Blazey waved back at him, shouting something on the lines of "See you soon!" Mikey smiled at his sister. "Lets go check into a hotel," he said. The two walked, a little behind Amber and Leon. "I'm gonna stay out here," Blazey said. "I wanna take some time to clear my head." Mikey nodded, and walked of towards the hotel without her. He picked up the pace, walking a few feet away from Leon and Amber, giving them space. He sighed.[i]A lot happened today, [/i]He thought. [i][color=#0000CD]You can say-or think-that again! [/color][/i]He looked to his side, and saw a semitransparent image of E-Hero Ocean, the same hero that had confronted him on the strange black ship inside his head. Apparently, he could hear his thoughts. [i]Well, [/i]he thought, [i]It seems as though I have my own spirit monster to talk to. [/i][i][color=#ff0000]More than one, Michel. [/color][/i]Next to the image of Ocean was an image of Mikey's favorite monster, E-Hero Heat. [i]So, can all my heroes do this? [/i][i][color=#0000cd]Pretty much. [/color][color="#ff0000"]​There's an entire world inside your subconscious. We all live there.[/color] [/i]This surprised Mikey. The fact that every card he owned lived inside of his mind was insane. He felt around his pocket for the blank card again, and found it. He pulled it out and looked at it. It somewhat sparkled in the moonlight. [i]Wait, moonlight?[/i] Mikey looked up and saw that night was approaching very fast, and a shining moon floated high above the city. He looked back at the card, shining bright in all of its glorious blankness. [i]What [/i]is [i]this? [/i]He asked. [i][color=#0000cd]Nothing much, now. But when the time comes, it will reveal itself to you. [/color][/i]At that, Ocean and Heat faded away. Mikey kept looking at the card as he approached the hotel. He looked behind him, and the in front of him, and then to his side, and finally realized that he was standing right next to Leon. He stepped away a little bit. These two lovebirds deserved some space. [i]Leon's a lucky guy, [/i]he thought. [i]Amber's pretty luck to have him, too. [/i]

He smiled. They were a perfect match.

Blazey turned away as Mikey, Leon, and Amber walked towards the hotel. She couldn't stop thinking about everything that had just happened. Neo, the Numbers, Leon absorbing a man's soul...He basically could mind crush people. More so, Number 32 could mind crush/soul crush people. This wasn't a children's card game tournament any more: It was a battle with supernatural forces. She looked up at the moon, and thought of Neo. Her hero. She had met her hero and dueled him. It was amazing. She wondered who he really was. All 32 had said what Thomas. She hoped that Neo wouldn't keep his real identity from her forever.[color=#40e0d0][i]Don't get down, Mistress! [/i][/color]Blazey looked down and saw the second most surprising thing she'd seen all day: E-Hero Ice Edge was walking besides her at her feet. "What the heck?" She said. The image of Ice Edge smiled. Blazey turned and came face-to-face with another hero of hers, Lady Heat. She was also a semitransparent image. [color=#ff8c00][i]Don't be surprised. We've been here all along, and you know it. [/i][/color]Blazey sighed. "That's true...Those blackouts I have...I've talked to you before," she said, pointing at Lady Heat. Lady heat smiled. [i][color=#ff8c00]We're here for you. [/color][color=#40e0d0]Both of us! [/color][/i]The images faded away, and Blazey sighed. So much weird stuff was happening. She walked for a bit in a small park, surrounded by street lights and the lights of the stars in the sky. [i]Neo...[/i]she thought.[i]Wonder what you're up to now. But come back, okay? [/i]She knew Neo couldn't hear her, but she sure did hope she'd see him again soon.

Josep fell to a knee, he felt drained by Red-Eyes' attack, his lungs were trying to take in oxygen and his throat burned, but he looked up at his opponent, she seemed worse off, not physically, but she seemed pretty beaten down. "Whew...that was a hell of a last move....." his other face-down was a counter trap...he didn't want to lie, he had this game won, she used her resources pretty quickly, and she also underestimated his strategies, they seemed random, but they were in fact worked into each other after a long time of card study.

Somehow he picked himself and slowly walked to her. "That was a good duel there.....really gave me a hard time, though, that Number Monster....how....how is it affecting you?" he asked as he picked up a card she had shaken off with the punch she gave her disk, it was her Rainbow Dragon, and he handed it to her. "I...I don't think me saying it was a good duel means much.....but well here...."

Jenna heard, as well as 'felt', the AR field disappearing after the Duel had concluded. The only compensation for the loss, in her eyes, was that she still had one Heart Piece left after paying up the one wagered. It stung to lose. It felt terrible to be so confident of a strategy only to have it instantly be taken apart. A myriad of emotions raced through her, from anger to sadness, to bitter disappointment with only faint rays of hope.

She was only slightly aware of her opponent approaching, and glanced up, refusing to meet his eyes. With a shaking hand, she picked up the Xyz monster still on her Disk, staring at it in silence for a moment. The question had taken her off-guard, and on the surface nonsensical, yet it struck an emotion within her, one she couldn't quite place, but it seemed to resonate within her soul somehow.

"It...is a calming presence," she said, her tone flat to the point of deadpan, but sincere and thoughtful at the same time. "A presence I do not rely on, but is there in times of need. A shelter...a guardian...a feeling that the darkness around me is not as lonely as it looks."

She paused, accepting the Rainbow Dark Dragon card he was holding out to her, and trailing a finger over the card fondly, her eyes subtly softer when focused on this card opposed to the Number, then she chuckled to herself, looking back at the Xyz card. "Listen to me now, going on with such idle sentiments. Such a card...bringing up such painful emotions only to soothe them away..."

She shook her head, regaining a fraction of her composure, and then reached into her pocket and breaking one of the Heart Pieces from her frame, leaving her original fragment behind, and extending the piece to Josep. "As promised, the Heart Piece you won."

She didn't seem like the type to accept charity, and he could see her pride was hurt enough so he took the piece and placed it with the other two....yet again, it didn't fit his original...but it did fit the one he had won earlier.......awkward. He heard her speak of Number 39, by what she said her actions were due to confidence, not her Number "I see, so it's not a malicious one.....I'll have to remember that" His eyes looked down on the card, it really didn't have the same feeling as Inferno Chevalier or Shark Drake.

"It was a good duel.....sorry for saying that again, but also....be on the lookout...I'm sure you know there are many others with "Number" monsters here, not all of them calming or even peaceful like Hope....the duelists holding them my want to steal it from you in Ante duels...and from what I'm guessing....saying no isn't always an option." he warned her sternly before walking towards a tree. "Seems the first day is over.....everyone should rest I suppose...."

Thomas, after riding for a few minutes, arrived near his house. He parked his bike in an alley, locked it up, and deactivated his costume, leaving him in his normal blue hoodie, black shirt, and jeans. He walked out of the alley, and started down the two blocks he needed to traverse to reach his house. And he thought as he walked. [i]"The Numbers...what are they, anyway? How any of them are evil, and how many aren't? Can all of them do what Shark Drake Can? I suppose they probably can...which means I should stop them from doing what they want. But if I beat a holder of an evil Number, what then? I already know that I can't resist their possession for long...and can I beat a Number even? I lost to a Holder...and my only wins were from lucky topdecking...and on top of that, I don't even have half the Heart Pieces I need to make the finals." [/i]He sighed, and kept walking.

Atsuko activated her communicator. [color=#FF0000]"Yo, Links. The ion whatsis thing is gone. Can I have my deck now?"[/color]
[color=#8b4513]"So it has."[/color] The male voice replied. [color=#8b4513]"Standby for transportation of your deck within the minute."[/color]
[color=#FF0000]"Got it, man."[/color] She canceled the call, and noticed something shimmering on a nearby table. Several whirling energy beams were rotating around a deck of Duel Monsters cards that seemed to be materializing into existence. The energy fragments dispersed, and Atsuko picked up her deck, thumbing through the cards. [color=#FF0000]"Nice to see you guys again."[/color] She told the cards as she loaded them up into her D-Pad. [color=#FF0000]"Now, time to go find a duel!"[/color]

Chris, having been ignored by the woman he attempted to contact, decided to do his own thing, and was just finishing up with a duelist. [color=#D4AF37]"XX-Saber Gottoms, finish this duel with Master Sparkling Slash!"[/color] A huge behemoth of a silver-armored warrior with a very shiny sword slammed down his weapon on his opponent's monster, a burly orc with a strange backpack who seemed to be anxious, as if he was late for something, reducing Chris' opponent's Life Points to 0. The poor man handed Chris a glass fragment and ran off, and Chris fit the fragment neatly into its place among the other Heart Pieces. [color=#D4AF37]"Sweet! I just need one more!"[/color] However, it seemed to be getting rather late, so Chris headed off to find Atsuko and check in on her progress.

"Hey, you there! Girl!" Rai appeared out of nowhere, pointing to Atsuko. He hadn't been certain if she had Numbers, it was extremely hard to tell for her, but she did have a connection to them for sure. A faint connection. That at least should help. "What do you say we duel? You seem all fired up for one . . . ." he activated his D-Pad and D-Gazer. ". . . . and so am I! Oh, and you can take the first turn if you want."

Atsuko spins around to see some strange guy with an odd outfit talking to her. [color=#FF0000]"Yo, I am excited, man! I just got my new deck! It's f**kin' miracles, man! Check it out!"[/color] She activates her D-Gazer and her D-Pad happily, drawing 5 cards, then a sixth as she started the duel off per her opponent's invitation. [color=#FF0000]"Yo, I guess I'll go first, and I will Normal Summon Magnet Wizard Heta in Attack Mode!"[/color] A strange mechanical-looking blocky figure appeared with a round head underneath a conical hat, a "robe" made of panels, and a staff formed from a series of bar magnets. (1700 ATK|LV4) [color=#FF0000]"I'll then set a facedown card, and I'll end it there, homie! Your move!"[/color]

[color=#FF0000][u]Atsuko:[/u][/color] 8000 LP
Hand: 4
Monsters: Heta (1700 ATK|LV4)
Spells/Traps: 1 FD
Graveyard: None

[spoiler=Cardex]
[color=#ff0000][u]Atsuko:[/u][/color]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Magnet_Wizard_Heta"]Magnet Wizard Heta[/url]
[/spoiler]

Rai frowned a little when he noticed her attitude. It couldn't possibly be real. "My turn then!" He said, and drew his next card. "I summon Red Gadget, which allows me to add a Green Gadget to my hand!" On the field appeared a gadget-like red mechanical monster (ATK 1300), and when it appeared, Rai added a card to his hand. "It's not strong enough to beat your monster, so I'll leave it at that. And after that, I'll throw down two facedowns, before ending my turn! Make your move," he looked at the name shown by the D-Gazer. "Atsuko!"

Rai: 8000 LP
Monsters: Red Gadget (ATK 1300)
Spells/Traps: 2 FD
Grave: N/A

(I am's going to roars at peoplez.. Didn't ANYONE read my post about Not starting anymore battles for a while? Y no1 listen? sigh... LAST ONE you hear? no more duels after this one.)

Amber and Leon were finally about to reach the hotel, but just as they were about to walk through the door, Amber collapsed and passed out. She probably would have hit her head had Leon not been right there. So much had happened to her in one day, it was a wonder she was even sane at this point, let alone being persistent in her goal. She was in so much pain due to her probably no bruised side, She simply got the better of her. All she could do was mumble.

[b]"Room... 12-C.... Second floor...." [/b]She muttered before totally losing consciousness, causing her to drop her now bloodied handkerchief. There wasn't too much blood, but the stains were evidence that she had been coughing into it.

Atsuko drew her card. [color=#ff0000]"Hmm...Let's see...I think I'll Tribute Magnet Wizard Heta for a facedown monster!"[/color] The wizard disappeared, and a facedown Defense Position monster appeared in its place. [color=#ff0000]"And now I'll end my turn, dawg!"[/color]

[color=#FF0000][u]Atsuko:[/u][/color] 8000 LP
Monsters: 1 FD
Spells/Traps: 1 FD
Graveyard: Heta

Chris couldn't find Atsuko, so he instead retired to his hotel room, passing by a staggering girl as he finally reached his room. The room was rather spacious, with a very comfortable double bed, a mini-fridge stocked with various drinks, and a television replaying some of the highlights of the day, including the freak storm with that Kaiba girl. After watching this highlights show, he stows away the Sword of Destiny, his Heart Pieces, and his other gear, then heads to the bathroom, where a bathtub/shower combination awaits. He turns on the hot water, strips, and enters the bath, sighing contently as he simply rests in the tub, contemplating the next day, and where they go from here if they don't succeed, and Dr. Faker can't help them find the Key of Solomon...

[b][color=#800080]"AMBER!" [/color][/b]- Leon screamed when Amber fell to the ground, he could barely catch her before she hit her head. She then mumbled their room number before passing out -[color=#800080] "Amber...Amber wake up!"[/color] - Leon looked to the ground and saw Amber's handkerchief stained with blood. He grabbed it, perplexed, and saved it into his pocket.

[b][i][color=#008080]"Leon, this is your fault, you know that!?"[/color][/i][/b]
[color=#800080][i]"What!? I didn't do anything!"[/i][/color]
[i][color=#40e0d0]"Stop, Zebulos. He doesn't remember it."[/color][/i]
[i][color=#008080]"Sigh...whatever, just get her to the room, please."[/color][/i]

Leon ignored the Numbers's voices and grabbed Amber over his shoulder, looking back to Mikey and Blazey - [color=#800080]"Guys, Amber passed out. I think she might be really sick, so I'll get her to bed, okay?" [/color]- without waiting for an answer, Leon ran to the reception desk, asked for the key to the room and ran upstairs carrying Amber on his shoulder. The room itself was a nice, small hotel room for one person - [color=#800080]"She must have booked it before we met, huh?"[/color] - Leon carefully removed Amber's jacket, placed it on a chair, and laid Amber on the bed, covering her with the blankets. He then sat on the chair next to Amber's bed, and sighed -[color=#800080] "I might as well stay awake tonight, in case something happens..." [/color]- he searched his backpack, and found a book of at least 500 pages, labelled "Divine Comedy"; Dante's representation of the afterlife. He opened the book where he had left a bookmark, and started reading, checking Amber's temperature from time to time.

[color=#800080]"God...how much has happened today? I've met so many people, Amber...and...32. That must be my priority tomorrow, to get rid of him. I should also visit Rob at the hospital...although he might be scared to see the man that took his soul. And now this thing...I hope Amber doesn't grow sick now, she looked awful..."[/color] - Leon started ranting while reading, and realized he hadn't red a single line correctly, so he came back a couple of pages. He looked back at Amber, even if she had just passed out, she was smiling in her sleep. - [color=#800080]"...she is like a little angel, isn't she? I hope she is having a good dream." [/color]- He turned back to his book, and kept reading.

[color=#40e0d0][i]"I'm so glad you are fine Leon. And...sorry about Zebulos, he is just worried."[/i][/color]
[i][color=#800080]"I'm glad I didn't cause anymore damage...it's okay, he must have his reasons..."[/color][/i]

"My turn again!" Rai said, and drew his card. "I'll start off my turn by normal summoning Green Gadget! And with its effect, I'll add Yellow Gadget to my hand!" Next to his Red Gadget then appeared a green version of the same thing (ATK 1400). Rai added another card to his hand.

"Then I'll reveal one of my facedowns, Ultimate Offering! This allows me, by paying five hundred Life Points, to summon an extra time this turn. I'll summon the earlier-added Yellow Gadget! With its effect, I can add a Red Gadget to my hand!"

He grinned.

"Now, as you can see, I control three Level Four monsters on the field! But they won't be Level Four for long. I activate the spell card Tune Upgrade, which allows me to increase the Level of all monsters I control by one!" He continued, and took a card out of his hand, before activating it. Suddenly, all the Gadget monsters he controlled increased size a bit. "Now they're all Level Five. And I overlay them all to Xyz Summon Heavy Machinery King Doboku Zaku!"

The three Gadgets turned into floating orbs as mechanical wheel-like things pulling something appeared onto the field (ATK 3200). "With the effect of my Heavy Machinery King, by detaching an Xyz Material from it, I can send the top three cards from your deck to the grave - and if any of them were monsters, I can destroy cards you control equal to that amount. And I think I'd destroy your face-down monster first, and your set card second if I get lucky enough."

He sighed. "Alright. Enough of that, turn end. Sorry for going out so rough on you."

Rai: 7500 LP
Monsters: Heavy Machinery King (ATK 3200)(2 OU)
Spells/Traps: 2 FD
Graveyard: Tune Upgrade

[color=#000080]"That card you've used against her,"[/color][color=#000000] Gorz stated, mentioning the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, [/color][color=#000080]"It obviously means something to her. Perhaps it was enough to snap her out of being possessed by that cursed 91."[/color]

[color=#4b0082][i]'But... that's not enough!'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Akuma thought angrily, [/color][color=#4b0082][i]'If [b]only[/b][/i][/color][color=#4b0082][i] I'd seen that Cylinder coming, I would've banished it for good!'[/i][/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Tch, and here [i]I[/i] was thinking you were of the holy type,"[/color][color=#000000] 96 mused, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"The way you're thinking seems to prove otherwise."[/color]

[color=#000000]Akuma figured she'd best move on and see if she couldn't recover 91. Eventually, she made it out to the docks and found one of the Numbers that Aivea had thrown away along with her Heart Piece, but when she jumped in and swam out there to fetch it, it only turned to be 17. 91 must've vanished somewhere, perhaps having drifted out to sea.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!"[/color][color=#000000] she screamed, before swimming around the docks aimlessly, [/color][color=#4b0082]"I'll find that thing if it takes all night, even if I have to walk to the ends of the earth! Do you hear me out there, 91?! TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!!"[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]​"Coo, such blood-lust," [/color][color=#000000]96 mused again, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Now I [i]know[/i] [/color][color=#FF8C00]you're not of the holy type,"[/color]

[color=#000080]"Just shut up already,"[/color][color=#000000] Gorz stated.[/color]

As Amber was resting, She would occasionally toss and turn, but only because her side was still bothering her a little. By now it was more of a muscle cramp just below her ribs on her left side and if Leon had thought to check he would have seen a bruise where Amber had been struck before. When Amber would settle she would usually be laying on her Right side, facing Leon. For most of the night she was smiling when ever she managed to get into a comfortable position. She kept rubbing her face against her pillow though as if trying to nudge off her goggles.

After a few too many attempts to get them off the lazy way, Amber woke up, and took off her goggles by hand. Her hair fell naturally to the sides of her head, showing that the spiky parts of her hair style were actually just her bangs flipped up. She then reached to place them on the night stand when she realized that Leon had been staying with her the whole time.

[b]"Leon... You look sleepy... It's okay, you don't have to stay and keep watch for me.. I'll be alright.. just a little sore from before.."[/b]

Amber looked to Leon with the smile as best as she could without wincing too much out of pain. She tries to sit up and face him.

[b]"I'll be okay.. I promise... ack..!"[/b]

Amber quickly wrapped one arm around.

[color=#4b0082]"Should we tell him what happened Master? He doesn't seem to remember punching you in the ribs."[/color]
[i]"No... I don't want him to feel like this is all his fault.. Besides.. If I hadn't lost Zebulos in the first place. None of this would have happened today...."[/i]

On the other side of her face where Leon couldn't see without some kind of light reflecting off on it, A tear was shed, and Amber looked the other way to try to hide it.

[b]".... Leon... A lot has happened today.. some good and some bad... but... All of the bad that seems to have fallen on the two of us... They're all MY fault... and all it took was one little slip up... If I hadn't lost to begin with... Zebby would never have been taken... and you wouldn't have had to..."[/b]

Amber couldn't even finish saying what she was trying so hard to.

There were late night duels, definitely, some people couldn't resist battle, he laid on the tree and just watched the branches slowly wave with each gust of wind, it was a calming scene, and as the duels died out one by one he could feel his eyes grow heavy......on his mind he had many things moving around, trying to process what was going on, what had happened to change his day so drastically?

"Nothing is the same anymore....has this game really become so corrupt?" he looked ahead of himself, the park was empty, save for a few thugs scavenging for whatever heart pieces they could find, how lucky for them, a guy with 3 pieces was laying on a tree. "Maybe I should have gotten a hotel room...." thinking about comfort he remembered Hannah, who was now bed-ridden, she was always so nice, and now, she may never open her eyes again. "I don't want any trouble...just trying to catch some rest before tomorrow....." he said rather politely, but they continued, one with a duel pad ready, and another with a baseball bat.

"One or the other huh? I really have no reason to fight yo....." it was when he tried to reason that he saw the marks on them.....numbers, he immediately stood up. "that's it......now I see what I want......FINE! I'll take those Numbers of yours now......I've just about lost my patience with all of you!" he shouted angrily, thinking about what these cards did to Hannah, and all the other innocents that suffered because they exist, hes eyes had a bright red glow, but unlike other times, his pupils were still visible, as he watched them all take their turns they slit, no longer resembling their former selves. "I swear....by the end of this tournament, I'll have defeated all the numbers!" he yelled as he drew his card.

[center][b]...[/b][/center]
It had been a long duel, but in the end, Josep was standing, and they were not, in his hands now were 3 "Numbers" but he was too tired to look at them. "Numbers can only defeat other Numbers......I'll take advantage of that....." The Numbers were slowly trying to imprint themselves on him, all three markings appearing on his hands and chest. "so this is....Number possession?" He felt his vision blur, and the three monsters tried to take control, but a roar was heard, defiant and strong. "Red-Eyes? ......no, that's not Red-Eyes.....heh, I almost forgot you guys were in the deck too...." he saw a glittering streak of light hold the Numbers, a White Dragon with a Noble Purple heart, and behind him the Dragon of Balance, both working to submit the three newcomers into the deck.

"All of them.....do I really have that many?" he was on the ground by now, clutching his chest, somehow viewing the monsters in the sky above him. "All of this time, and I had this many duel spirits......I understand now....Hannah....Amber, they really are friends....but why....why do I still feel such anger inside me?" The Numbers were brought to their knees and return to their cards, now in Josep's extra deck box, all he could do was look at his opponents, they had been desperate and between them all only 1 heart piece, this one fit his original locket, which to him was useless. "four pieces......two separate hearts.....is that supposed to mean something?" he chuckled as he put everything away.

The Night kept going, and in Josep's exhaustion all he could do was stare at the sky while keeping an eye out for thieves, but no one approached, and eventually the black of night was only complimented with the darkness he saw when his eyes closed. "Maybe....a lil rest won't hurt....." he told himself as he passed on into sleep, finally.

Jenna returned home after the Duel, well aware that in her current state of mind, filled with frustration and disappointment, her next Duels would be played too poorly. She sat down at her kitchen table and spread out the cards in her Deck faceup, swiftly organizing them and overlapping the Spells and Traps with the components they comboed with. It was an old trick she learned with organizing at work, and while it looked sloppy to the untrained eye, it greatly aided her ability to see what belonged.

That was the conclusion she had reached: Her Deck had a flaw unrelated to the style. When she had obtained the cards to the Deck, she was aware that her entire monster lineup depended on the Field Spell, Advanced Dark, and without it, her basic monsters would self-destruct. She compensated for this by using a number of cards to search and protect her resources, as well as more defensive Trap Cards in case she couldn't get the Field out, or if it was destroyed.

Then there was her ace monster, Rainbow Dark Dragon. She never had issues where that was concerned, as Advanced Dark rapidly set the stage for the mighty dragon, and a number of her cards further sped up the process, not least of which was Rainbow Gravity.

What was she lacking? What was her weakness here? Was it just the randomness of Josep's Deck, coupled with raw power, that made her blind to how threatening he was? Or was it her Number?

She winced at the thought. In the last Duel, she had Summoned Hope as an invincible Defense, but that had actually weakened her situation. She had set Rainbow Gravity and Chaos Burst, and by using 2 Crystal Beasts as Overlay Units, she had actually turned Rainbow Gravity into a dead card until Hope was either destroyed or used its effect twice. Chaos Burst should have been enough defense, as it would Tribute the ATK position Amethyst Cat, and she had Amber Mammoth to redirect attacks...but she shook her head. Josep had Wingbeat at that time...her Chaos Burst had been useless if had used that first.

She sighed, taking down a box of cards and searching through it, removing a few cards from the Deck and placing different cards in their place. She needed more flexibility, more cards to compensate for the weaknesses of her Deck, and still fit the strategy like a glove. She would find what was missing in herself, and then maybe she'd duel Josep again, and prove she had conquered the flaws within herself and her Duels.

Atsuko winced as one of the three cards he sent from her Deck to the Graveyard was Magnet Saucer, allowing her poor Magnet Gardna, the facedown monster, which was another blocky figure, this time burly and heavily armored, to be torn to bits by the rotating shovel-wheels. She then saw that her opponent was about to attack her, but she activated her Trap Card. [color=#ff0000]"I activate Magnet Bomb!"[/color] A strange device made from some sort of magnetic coil popped up. [color=#ff0000]"By banishing my Magnet Gardna from my Graveyard, which is a Level 5, I can blow up a monster with an equal or less Level...or RANK! Luckily, your big-ass Machinery King is a Rank 5, so he falls right into that category! Now take it, b***h!"[/color] The device started sparking upon the command from the foul-mouthed teen, and prepared to emit a powerful electromagnetic pulse that would fry the Machinery King's circuitry and cause his parts to repel from each other, collapsing him into scrap.

[spoiler=Cardex]
[color=#ff0000][u]Atsuko:[/u][/color]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Magnet_Saucer"]Magnet Saucer[/url]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Magnet_Gardna"]Magnet Gardna[/url]
[url="http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/Magnet_Bomb"]Magnet Bomb[/url]
[/spoiler]

Archived