Which is Your Favorite Final Fantasy  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which is Your Favorite Final Fantasy

• Final Fantasy 6
    • Final Fantasy 7
    • Final Fantasy 8
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Final Fantasy 12
    • (Other: please say a Spinoff game as if it were a normal choice)

Guest JoshIcy

simple, post which final fantasy among the ones i have chosen you think is the best.... please explain why, and its pros/cons....

My personal Favorite is Final Fantasy 8.... its storyline is similar to my life, minus all those battles and summoning etc lol....

I consider myself similar to Squall... a hardened soul knowing only that, until one day a girl came to save him and soften him and the 2 get along without question, the boy falls in love with the girl without knowing it.... but mine ends in me not getting the girl, because i moved islands....

anyone caught flaming or insulting another final fantasy will be -neg'd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only ever played;

FF7

FF8

FFX

FFX-2

So i shall have to choose between those 4, i personally believe;

FFX is the best.

Its the first and only game i have actually completed plenty of times, its the only game that has a grippingly good storyline, it was just fantastic the first time i played it.

Guest JoshIcy

i would like to agree with you dj, but alas i find the game waaay to short.. 20hrs and i beat it..... but i would say its #3 on my list ^_^

Guest JoshIcy

im not going for gameplay... im going for story, and number 8 made me cry on the 3rd disc, so did 12 during the tower scene with balthier and fran....

but each of those games had me going long enough to consider it a game also... dont get me wrong, i love the whole tidus/yuna, sin/jecht, etc thing... i wanna see if there is a book for that game lol

Guest JoshIcy

well, my reason in the first post warrants it.....

A little note: the reason why FF7 is up their is because it was the best game of its time... and has the best video game inspired movie like it....

Guest JoshIcy

ff12 to me is the best game on the ps2, if you take it slowly and treat it as a book..... otherwise it would have failed for me....

and the graphics were top par, considering the scale....

It wasn't the best game to me. Sure it was okay, but it wasn't the best. And for me, graphics don't make an RPG. Story, characters, and character interaction make the RPG. I thought FF12 was a little lacking in those. The battle system is also important. FF12's battle system was okay. Kinda like FF4-FF9's except slightly backwards, and later in the game, it doesn't let you play. You could turn off all the gambits, but then you would just get owned. It was also pretty easy. I don't think I ever got a Game Over in that game except for one time I got crushed by some wall-monster-thing that was optional (none of my party members died. I just didn't kill it fast enough).

Guest JoshIcy

lol, true.... my gambits are set up so that even ziamat couldnt kill me....

but as far as turn based games go, that was a great innovation... and even though graphics dont make a game...

you cant help but notice that in ff12... the scale, depth and the fact that you can see some characters breathe is just stunning...

i do think that the game would have done just as well with ps1 graphics though... so it didnt matter for me.... i just took advantage

Do you want me to edit mine also? Mine had a bit of TotA in it.

Anyway, FF4 is my second favorite. I guess simplicity is good thing every once in a while. It was probably one of the more challenging ones in the series also. FF5 was by far the hardest. I just got pissed with that game after I got to that other world. My guys all had about 1200ish HP, right? Normal enemies would attack for about 100-200 which is okay I guess. But it would annoy me when just about every boss would attack more for about 2000 every turn. That game was so unbalanced. And I guess I wasn't very crazy about it's class system. I guess that's also why I didn't like FF3 that much either.

Guest JoshIcy

lol

ff5 was hard.... i gave up when i got to the overworld... it got to hard...

and crazykev, be more specific so we dont get rampant supporters...

thanks guys ^_^

FF12 is best game by far when the company losts its main game designer i thought oh dear FF is dead but they completely proved me wrong the combat system is no longer repetitive and graphics are incredible for a ps2 game. Shame i cant get past a certain part ( the part where u have to kill 5 little thingys in the cavern those bastards are so annoying!)

Archived