Return of the Orichalcos (Finishing/PG-13/OOC)

Cyborgs and Robots may not be the same thing however my Omnipotent spirits never said she was a robot. Just that she was like those machines that humans build. Besides Cyborgs are not alive like humans or nature is anyways. :D

Be happy that Lucas is considered the greater threat by the Titans.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Merciful I would disagree. Loosing an arm and then replacing it with a cybernetic implant does not a cyborg make. A cyborg reqires the original owner to loose most of their organic body, making it impossible to live without the aid of machines. A person who has a cybernetic implant can usually go on living a normal life without one. That is the primary difference between a cyborg and an amputee with a cybernetic prosthetic.

Cynthia. She walked away without anyone stopping her.

[quote]@Merciful I would disagree. Loosing an arm and then replacing it with a cybernetic implant does not a cyborg make. A cyborg reqires the original owner to loose most of their organic body, making it impossible to live without the aid of machines. A person who has a cybernetic implant can usually go on living a normal life without one. That is the primary difference between a cyborg and an amputee with a cybernetic prosthetic.[/quote]

Soldier I would disagree. However the term 'cyborg' itself can be rather murky at times, and the amputee was only an example. As you said, it requires the original owner to lose most of their bodies, however machines do not make up their life and soul even if it supports them, so really they're just as alive as anyone. A cyborg is just a term for an amputee with a lot of cybernetic prosthetics.

But then again, Syria's an alien.

Hm.

Maybe she's an android.

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1347343831' post='6023112']
Cynthia. She walked away without anyone stopping her.

Soldier I would disagree. However the term 'cyborg' itself can be rather murky at times, and the amputee was only an example. As you said, it requires the original owner to lose most of their bodies, however machines do not make up their life and soul even if it supports them, so really they're just as alive as anyone. A cyborg is just a term for an amputee with a lot of cybernetic prosthetics.

But then again, Syria's an alien.

Hm.

Maybe she's an android.
[/quote]

Nope, totally a Cyborg. Think of her as being like a Cyberman, organic body with mechanical parts graphted all throughout her. If you take her face off you'll probably see a withered skull underneath :3

Where's Y-tak when you need him? >.>

Until he comes back, I'll clarify. The Titans don't negate the Orichalcos. Well, they can depower it, and even disable it, but Lucas still retains his superstrength. Why? Because Lucas has a refined bit of Orichalcum with him, and unlike your normal stone or card, it can't be cracked except by Horakthy, Knight of Destiny, or 'Name Super-Ultimate Deity Here'.

You could hypothetically weaken it, but you know Soldier, you never stated that the Titans negate its effects. By that logic, the Seal of Orichalcos would go to the grave the moment a cultist plays it, without even any need for card effects. It's a similar thing for the Swordsmaen, they can destroy the Seal of Orichalcos and send it to the grave at will without any need for card effects, and then continue the duel as usual.

Also, where on earth did this large burst of Orichalcos energy come from exactly...? Well, I guess it doesn't really matter, but eh. Yeah, we really need Y-tak here to continue what happens next.

And she lives :D

Hmm, I kind a thought it was implied that my Titans can null the effects of the Orichalcos. Also does Lucas seriously have Super strength? If so that is just beast, but even so I was not saying that Lucas was not strong but attacking me just weakened the refined power of the stone, so yes he was strong, but not Superman in an old guy's body strong. Besides, my dude is descended from the Spartans, try Epic Beast in his blood line. :D

[quote]
Hmm, I kind a thought it was implied that my Titans can null the effects of the Orichalcos. Also does Lucas seriously have Super strength? If so that is just beast, but even so I was not saying that Lucas was not strong but attacking me just weakened the refined power of the stone, so yes he was strong, but not Superman in an old guy's body strong. Besides, my dude is descended from the Spartans, try Epic Beast in his blood line. :D [/quote]

Let's just say Arta and Lucas are at equal strength then for now ._. the titans decrease his wrestling strength a bit, but they're probably equal when it comes to brawn. Remove his Titans though...

Archived