so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Well for my first RP I was thinking of hosting a Pokemon RP, however it would be different than anything that I have seen before. Instead of striving to be a Pokemon Master or to collect all the gym badges or to win some major tournament, participants will placed in an Academy setting and are working to earn their place as a part of Team Rocket. That's right. You won't be fighting against an evil organization, you ARE the evil organization. There is of course more to be worked out on the plot and everything, but I wanted to see what the general thought about such an idea was :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a long, long time since I RPed but I'm interested in doing a Avatar (TLA) RP, or at least one set in the universe.  Basic premise would be that it comes after the events of the original series and no one gets to be the Avatar (of course). Is anyone interest? Any ideas for an over-arching plot  We'd be ignoring that Korra exists.

Been a long, long time since I RPed but I'm interested in doing a Avatar (TLA) RP, or at least one set in the universe.  Basic premise would be that it comes after the events of the original series and no one gets to be the Avatar (of course). Is anyone interest? Any ideas for an over-arching plot  We'd be ignoring that Korra exists.

I was going to suggest something with spirits, but then remembered newest season of Korra...and yeah...

Question: Would we be making our own characters or using those from the show? Is it the time after Aang, obviously acting as if Korra didn't exist, or is Aang still around?

I was going to suggest something with spirits, but then remembered newest season of Korra...and yeah...

Question: Would we be making our own characters or using those from the show? Is it the time after Aang, obviously acting as if Korra didn't exist, or is Aang still around?

I was thinking making our own characters.  I'm not a fan of using existing characters because it can really limit your options.

I just got an idea About three or four kids who find themselves trapped in the world of Duel Monsters, specifically in the starting place, the Elemental Village. No card games, no card games at all. Most of the other areas in this RP are based on Field Spells or Archtypes themselves.

I was thinking making our own characters.  I'm not a fan of using existing characters because it can really limit your options.

Okay good. That is what I was going to suggest. So is it during the time period of Aang or after he does?

I just got an idea About three or four kids who find themselves trapped in the world of Duel Monsters, specifically in the starting place, the Elemental Village. No card games, no card games at all. Most of the other areas in this RP are based on Field Spells or Archtypes themselves.

I had thought of writing a fanfic like this awhile back. It seems like it would be fun. However, how would the kids survive? Do they develop powers upon entering the Duel Monsters world? Are they transformed into human-like Duel Monsters?

However, how would the kids survive? Do they develop powers upon entering the Duel Monsters world? Are they transformed into human-like Duel Monsters?

Well, maybe it's more RPG and they get items for them, like getting Equip Speels as weapons and learn to do Spells the hard way. Imagine yourself learning to perform a Trap Hole, for example.

Okay good. That is what I was going to suggest. So is it during the time period of Aang or after he does?

I had thought of writing a fanfic like this awhile back. It seems like it would be fun. However, how would the kids survive? Do they develop powers upon entering the Duel Monsters world? Are they transformed into human-like Duel Monsters?

I'm trying to think of a good overarching plot, so I'm not sure yet.  One idea I came up with is The First Avatar; basically the start of the cycle.

You know, the most ironic thing about this idea, was that it's meant to be a Fan Fic originally. But before I explain it, time for 20 Questions to determine if anyone would be interested in this idea:

1. Who has decent knowledge on Super Sentai (Preferably enough to know the more recent seasons and/or earlier ones)?
  2. Who knows the story of Goseiger (Tensou Sentai Goseiger to be exact)?
  3. Who is a fan of Goseiger?
  4. Who loves Power Rangers?
  5. Who HATES Power Rangers Megaforce (to any extent)?
  6. Who wishes it would be done better?

If anyone agrees with any of these questions (Or the majority of them), then they may be a willing candidate to be apart of this RP.

Awkward! I'm way behind on Korra! Well, I'll keep thinking.  If you have any ideas please share!

Well I have an idea that is related to Korra, sorta. You really only need to have watched the first season of it to understand, and there is no characters that need to carry over. I'll spin you the idea:

Taking place in the 1920s-like era of Republic City, the successor of Avatar Aang(note that this takes place in an alternate universe than Korra, meaning that Korra is not the avatar) is fervently trying to settle the distress across the city. The bending gangs in the city have grown in numbers and have formed two large, opposing factions and most of Republic City is caught in the crosshairs. The Republic City Police Force needs all the help it can get is accepting any citizen that will come forward into its ranks.

OR

We can do something that casts the Earthbenders in a harsh light. We have seen Firebenders as the bad guys in ATLA and Waterbenders as the bad guys in LoK. I think it would be interesting to see what kind of evil that the Earthbenders can bring about.

OR

We can have a core group of members that are taking place in a pro-bending tournament and work in some sort of plot twist or something.  

Well I have an idea that is related to Korra, sorta. You really only need to have watched the first season of it to understand, and there is no characters that need to carry over. I'll spin you the idea:

Taking place in the 1920s-like era of Republic City, the successor of Avatar Aang(note that this takes place in an alternate universe than Korra, meaning that Korra is not the avatar) is fervently trying to settle the distress across the city. The bending gangs in the city have grown in numbers and have formed two large, opposing factions and most of Republic City is caught in the crosshairs. The Republic City Police Force needs all the help it can get is accepting any citizen that will come forward into its ranks.

OR

We can do something that casts the Earthbenders in a harsh light. We have seen Firebenders as the bad guys in ATLA and Waterbenders as the bad guys in LoK. I think it would be interesting to see what kind of evil that the Earthbenders can bring about.

OR

We can have a core group of members that are taking place in a pro-bending tournament and work in some sort of plot twist or something.  

Oh I like the tournament idea, we could mix that with the second one.  I like it.  I'll work on something!

Oh I like the tournament idea, we could mix that with the second one.  I like it.  I'll work on something!

Cool, because I have done some more thinking about that. What if there is like a world tour Pro-Bending tournament and we have our group travel across the world as an underdog team that is sweeping the circuit. While they are on tour they come to Ba Sing Se and after winning are introduced to the Earth Kingdom monarch(I was hoping for an Earth Queen) and after a nice dinner they stay in the castle for the night. One of the members get up in the middle of the night to relieve themself and stumble across the Earth Queen having a conversation with a shady individual. 

Cool, because I have done some more thinking about that. What if there is like a world tour Pro-Bending tournament and we have our group travel across the world as an underdog team that is sweeping the circuit. While they are on tour they come to Ba Sing Se and after winning are introduced to the Earth Kingdom monarch(I was hoping for an Earth Queen) and after a nice dinner they stay in the castle for the night. One of the members get up in the middle of the night to relieve themself and stumble across the Earth Queen having a conversation with a shady individual. 

That is perfect! I'm going to start hammering out some details for this and a thread will be up soon.

Would you guys maybe interested in a Pokemon RP that focuses on a group of test subjects that are the next stage of human evolution. You see, a scientist has been researching the genes that cause Pokemon to evolve and have implanted them in certains humans. Those said people, well those that survived, have evolved into a higher being. Now these higher beings have abilities that are similar to the abilities of the Pokemon that they got their evolution gene from. However, there was an unfortunate side effect, the test subjects have lost all of their personal memories, save a few fragments. There is more to be fleshed out, but I thought it sounded interesting.

[quote name="Vigilante" post="6325484" timestamp="1387767224"]Would you guys maybe interested in a Pokemon RP that focuses on a group of test subjects that are the next stage of human evolution. You see, a scientist has been researching the genes that cause Pokemon to evolve and have implanted them in certains humans. Those said people, well those that survived, have evolved into a higher being. Now these higher beings have abilities that are similar to the abilities of the Pokemon that they got their evolution gene from. However, there was an unfortunate side effect, the test subjects have lost all of their personal memories, save a few fragments. There is more to be fleshed out, but I thought it sounded interesting.[/quote] This sounds rather glorious.

Would you guys maybe interested in a Pokemon RP that focuses on a group of test subjects that are the next stage of human evolution. You see, a scientist has been researching the genes that cause Pokemon to evolve and have implanted them in certains humans. Those said people, well those that survived, have evolved into a higher being. Now these higher beings have abilities that are similar to the abilities of the Pokemon that they got their evolution gene from. However, there was an unfortunate side effect, the test subjects have lost all of their personal memories, save a few fragments. There is more to be fleshed out, but I thought it sounded interesting.

This sounds rather glorious.

Well I have created the RP :D http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/310423-pkmnproject-genesis-always-acceptingnspg-16/

Archived