so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

You can make it taking place in a what if universe. And I'm still interested.

[spoiler=To be more precise]If you prefer following the anime world, I believe it is better if the story took place in an alternate continuity where everyone failed to stop the Void Agent, though this could be problematic as the anime implied that most of the world is already Reversed. And LJ is never interested in ruling over something, they are planet killers at heart.

The best way in my opinion is to create a new world where the invasion of LJ went smoother at the beginning, but the knowledge of the invasion was more widespread so people can still form resistance groups. Also, unlocker units shouldn't be a thing yet here.[/spoiler]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can make it taking place in a what if universe. And I'm still interested.

[spoiler=To be more precise]If you prefer following the anime world, I believe it is better if the story took place in an alternate continuity where everyone failed to stop the Void Agent, though this could be problematic as the anime implied that most of the world is already Reversed. And LJ is never interested in ruling over something, they are planet killers at heart.

The best way in my opinion is to create a new world where the invasion of LJ went smoother at the beginning, but the knowledge of the invasion was more widespread so people can still form resistance groups. Also, unlocker units shouldn't be a thing yet here.[/spoiler]

So perhaps an alternate universe on a world similar to Earth then?

So how about a Pokemon RP with a more Colosseum-like feel, with the Trainers starting off in the 20s or so, and having a somewhat more fleshed-out team?

I could get behind a Pokemon RP, but not one the forces me to go through a set of gym battles and discover an evil along the way. A Colosseum/Tournament-style RP is what I want. 

So how about a Pokemon RP with a more Colosseum-like feel, with the Trainers starting off in the 20s or so, and having a somewhat more fleshed-out team?

And could include actual Gym Leaders (unlike Colosseum)  <--- I think that may just be a given anyway, but still.

Actually, I do have a bit of a plan already.  Maybe if we can expand on this for an RP....

Xathers, it's a cool idea, but no Gym Leaders.
We don't necessarily need them.

Also, I was thinking maybe the Pacific Northwest might be a better idea.
The reason why Unova is based on New York and Kalos is based on Northern France is because those places have key Pokemon and/or Nintendo facilities.
And guess what's in Redwood, WA?

No, they aren't necessary, but they do provide some structure to rps that due to their setting are very loose.

Well, we could give them roles aside from Gym Leaders (only because I'd like to still use some of those Gym Leader characters in someway, shape or form)

Which is why I was thinking on doing a tournament-style or maybe having different teams controlling different cities.

Which is why I was thinking on doing a tournament-style or maybe having different teams controlling different cities.

Tournaments, while structured, tend to limit what can occur in an rp and (in my experience at least), usually stymie an rp.

As for your idea about teams controlling cities, a turf war between criminal organizations sounds kind of interesting.

Tournaments, while structured, tend to limit what can occur in an rp and (in my experience at least), usually stymie an rp.

As for your idea about teams controlling cities, a turf war between criminal organizations sounds kind of interesting.

... you mean, like, a "gang turf" sort of deal?

Essentially, yes.
Multiple syndicates that have carved up this region, and now want to muscle out the competition.
Neither of which is truly "evil", but none of them are precisely good, either.
It's a clash of ideologies.

Essentially, yes.
Multiple syndicates that have carved up this region, and now want to muscle out the competition.
Neither of which is truly "evil", but none of them are precisely good, either.
It's a clash of ideologies.

So, maybe do something like Saints' Row where we have like 3 groups.  Something like the fight between Teams Aqua and Magma, but with a third party thrown into the mix.

So, maybe do something like Saints' Row where we have like 3 groups.  Something like the fight between Teams Aqua and Magma, but with a third party thrown into the mix.

except less world domination, more about the $$$$$. Im guessing.

I was just thinking that.
Saint's Row, but with Pokemon.
The region is relatively lawless, with these criminal syndicates providing the law and order in their city-states.
We could have anywhere from 3 to 5 syndicates, each with a theme.

I was just thinking that.
Saint's Row, but with Pokemon.
The region is relatively lawless, with these criminal syndicates providing the law and order in their city-states.
We could have anywhere from 3 to 5 syndicates, each with a theme.

I like where this is going. Totally for making this as over-the-top as saints, too.

Okay, so I intend on remaking my Paladins of Emeralda RP that I attempted at and failed.

This time around, though, I'll only be accepting Paladins. Since it starts in the Prelude, the main protagonists need to be formally introduced with what they are capable of. And unlike before, I'll be allowing anyone to apply for Paladins. But don't worry. Spots for the bad guys will open up from time to time. It's just that I'm actually attempting to make the Paladins interesting. Hopefully some of you know of this RP. It was one hell of a flop, but I intend on righting at least one wrong I made so that it may last longer and, if possible, finish when the time is right.

Anyone interested?

Okay, so I intend on remaking my Paladins of Emeralda RP that I attempted at and failed.

This time around, though, I'll only be accepting Paladins. Since it starts in the Prelude, the main protagonists need to be formally introduced with what they are capable of. And unlike before, I'll be allowing anyone to apply for Paladins. But don't worry. Spots for the bad guys will open up from time to time. It's just that I'm actually attempting to make the Paladins interesting. Hopefully some of you know of this RP. It was one hell of a flop, but I intend on righting at least one wrong I made so that it may last longer and, if possible, finish when the time is right.

Anyone interested?

Did i apply for this, maybe? O.O

anyway, im running my own rp right now, but i have time to join another. guess i'll see how it turns out.

I would like to retain my application for Moderatus as a member of the Garnet Syndicate should such things become available.  Beyond that I'm not sure what to do for a return to Emeralda.

On another note, I've been considering doing an RP that would be something of a ripoff of a certain other RP that was fun though poorly hosted in some regards.  I'll of course be adding my own flare and possibly letting non-wizard classes be involved in the party so I'll have to do some thinking.  Consider this just an interest check for people to see if anyone would be interested in getting some fantasy-styled action going on.

Archived