so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to retain my application for Moderatus as a member of the Garnet Syndicate should such things become available.  Beyond that I'm not sure what to do for a return to Emeralda.

On another note, I've been considering doing an RP that would be something of a ripoff of a certain other RP that was fun though poorly hosted in some regards.  I'll of course be adding my own flare and possibly letting non-wizard classes be involved in the party so I'll have to do some thinking.  Consider this just an interest check for people to see if anyone would be interested in getting some fantasy-styled action going on.

If you like, you can repost it, so it'll be there. Same goes for anyone who was a GS member. It'll be for future reference, of course.

I would like to retain my application for Moderatus as a member of the Garnet Syndicate should such things become available.  Beyond that I'm not sure what to do for a return to Emeralda.

On another note, I've been considering doing an RP that would be something of a ripoff of a certain other RP that was fun though poorly hosted in some regards.  I'll of course be adding my own flare and possibly letting non-wizard classes be involved in the party so I'll have to do some thinking.  Consider this just an interest check for people to see if anyone would be interested in getting some fantasy-styled action going on.

You know Afterlight is that same sort of traipsing through the wilderness encountering monsters while on an adventure type of thing. But just no magic (at the start).

You know Afterlight is that same sort of traipsing through the wilderness encountering monsters while on an adventure type of thing. But just no magic (at the start).

Except Afterlight is, as far as I can figure out, more about world building.  I also said I'd be adding my own things to it, namely a far more coherent and definite story as compared to the original rp being modified.

More ideas for my Kingdom Hearts roleplay.

Right now, I'm thinking of having four different playable groups. The first will be apprentices, though that group is reserved for those who had the position in the first roleplay. Second will be the Organization. After that, because it's a Kingdom Hearts roleplay, I wanted to see if people could have characters based on the worlds. The fourth one will be servants of the main villain. Thoughts?

More ideas for my Kingdom Hearts roleplay.

Right now, I'm thinking of having four different playable groups. The first will be apprentices, though that group is reserved for those who had the position in the first roleplay. Second will be the Organization. After that, because it's a Kingdom Hearts roleplay, I wanted to see if people could have characters based on the worlds. The fourth one will be servants of the main villain. Thoughts?

Definitely throwing my support behind this.

I just lost my reason to join the RP, as I wanted to be a keyblade wielder and such is not an option.

If alignment didn't automatically mean you could get a Keyblade, what would you do? Would you rather be a villain, or would you be a hero? Because I'd be open to letting the fourth faction have Keyblades, although that would mean you'd have to be a part of the villains to get a Keyblade if you're not an apprentice.

Definitely throwing my support behind this.

Excellent. However, I am curious as to whether I should make it a "soft" reboot, with the "vague force" that Mugen suggested, which will serve as the main villain, weeding out all the superfluous parts of the original roleplay, while those who were in it can continue the stories they want to, or if I should just make it a clean slate.

Additionally, I was looking through some documents on my computer, and I stumbled upon a roleplay idea I had, based on the TV Tropes WMG page known as Friends and the High Council.

[spoiler=This is what I had:]At the beginning of time, there was Kingdom Hearts. The heart of all that is and shall be, it was a mystery known to no one. Only centuries ago did people learn of it, and fought over the χ-blade, a weapon and the one key to Kingdom Hearts. They sought the power and wisdom granted by Kingdom Hearts, and although Kingdom Hearts brought light to the World, the greed of those who desired it brought about darkness. In the midst of the war, the χ-blade was shattered in twenty pieces. Seven of these retained the light of Kingdom Hearts, but the evil that come over the land turned the remaining thirteen into darkness.

And so it was that those who once crossed swords, having lost their prize, banded together to banish the darkness. They could not eliminate it, for darkness can never truly be destroyed. The battle with darkness shook the World, and threatened to rip it apart. However, Kingdom Hearts protected the World, now broken into many, much smaller worlds. Each piece of light took refuge in some of these worlds, while Kingdom Hearts sustained the life of the others.

The worlds returned to peace, but now the people knew they could not return to the life they once knew. Although centuries have passed, peace will not last. The darkness have allowed their influence to spread beyond the other side of which they have been trapped. Though there are people who are evil of their own volition, there are those who have learned of the thirteen darkness. The fairies of old deem it the powers of Hell itself, and one such fairy was cast out for worshipping it, while those inclined to the occult have embraced the darkness. Will the darkness truly return to devour all the worlds, or will new heroes rise up to restore peace?

[spoiler=Rules]0. Advanced Clause rules apply.
1. Please keep characters based on an existing Disney property. More on that in a bit.
2. Anyone who chooses to play as a Marvel character can base them on any interpretation of the character, such as the mainstream universe, the Ultimate universe, or an adaptation. They can have the origin story take place during the roleplay, or may have the character's personal chronology be in the midst of their superhero career.
3. Subsidiaries such as Disney Hyperion or ABC can be used as a basis for characters.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
There really isn't much in the spoiler to give much of an idea as to what it would have turned out to be, but I would at least to incorporate the idea of the WMG into this roleplay, while at the same time not making it too overwhelming.

If alignment didn't automatically mean you could get a Keyblade, what would you do? Would you rather be a villain, or would you be a hero? Because I'd be open to letting the fourth faction have Keyblades, although that would mean you'd have to be a part of the villains to get a Keyblade if you're not an apprentice.

Well, there's a character I made for another KH RP that never really got off the ground and which I was hoping to use.  Not really sure what role he'd fit in.

Well, I guess I'll just point out the differences between my RP and the original novel:

1. The RP is set in modern times.
  2. The setting is in the US instead of the UK.
  3. Jekyll and Hyde are in fact WOMEN instead of men.
  4. Multiple people will end up like Jekyll does accidentally, leading to multiple people experiencing their evil side.
  5. The epidemic itself will lead to a region-wide investigation by the FBI.
  6. Each chapter is set by days. Sometimes we might skip to the next week if possible.

SO...yeah, you can play as either the one who accidentally separated his good and evil side and start spreading chaos in your own way, or...you can be a member of the FBI investigating the case.

Oh, the possibilities... :D

I was hoping to get back into online roleplaying, if only to improve my IRL roleplaying, but none of the premises currently available currently appeal to me, and it turns out planning these sorts of things is trickier than I remembered. I'm interested in history and fantasy, so I figured a historical fantasy would be suitable, but... I wasn't sure to what extent...?

Well, first of all, what I have:

[spoiler=The Legion of Constantinople]Constantinople once stood as the beacon of civilization - the Rome of the east, shining light of Christianity and civilized thought, heirs of the Roman Empire. For eight hundred years, the mighty walls of Constantinople and the noble thoughts of her people kept the Eastern Roman Empire alive against the onslaughts of Slavs, Turks, and Persians alike. She was home to the greatest cathedrals in all Christendom; to the strongest walls ever erected; to the Patriarch and the Roman Emperor. She stood as the human spirit: glorious, and even in a savage world, indomitable.

Then they came.

"Crusaders," they called themselves. They proclaimed themselves as holy warriors, bearing the Cross against the heretics in the east - but soon they showed their true colours. Aided by the treachery of corrupt princes, the Crusaders invaded the city, butchering all they could find, looting the churches, defacing cathedrals, burning the Great Library, and murdering anyone who dared oppose them. Soon they had established a new, tyrannical reign over the city and her domain - the "Latin Empire."

But there is hope yet for Constantinople. Though the Crusaders still roam the streets, greedy and barbaric as ever, a resistance is growing. In the west, the Pope has denounced and excommunicated the Crusaders; in the east, the Patriarch John X urges resistance from Thracia, just outside Latin reach. And heeding their words, Crusaders and East Romans alike have begun to form a last, desperate resistance to the rule of barbarism: the Legion of Constantinople.

But if they are to overthrow the Latins and restore the power of East Rome, they must hurry - for the Turks still lurk beyond the eastern walls, poised to strike...[/spoiler]The player, of course, is a member of the Legion of Constantinople. Organized under a former Orthodox Bishop (my character, since it's the easiest way to guide players), the Legion would spend the game fighting the Latin Empire, with various twists along they way to keep it from being unbearably dull. Obviously historical accuracy is going out the window (the real Latin Empire fell in 1261; unless the players screw up, they'll have the Latins out the door by 1206), and things like women's rights would be better than they historically were.

My thought was people could play as either a disillusioned Crusader or a suppressed citizen of Constantinople (or a rogue Turk if they wanted to, though I doubt anyone would). We'd have all the players on the same team, fighting a massive, powerful threat, and there'd be room for diverse character interaction as well as a defined plot I can easily bring to bear if things get stale. My hope is, that combination of elements would keep the game going for a while. Meanwhile, the general theme of civilization versus barbarism and just what that distinction is supposed to mean could give advanced roleplayers something to work with.

What I was wondering is how much diversity can I get away with? At first I thought I'd have magic in the campaign, to encourage people to play as clergy (priests would become mages), which I'm pretty much sure they wouldn't do otherwise. It'd also turn the Pope and Patriarch into übermages with the magical power to back up their high religious positions, which I thought would be fun, since both parties will feature heavily in the plot one way or another. But now I'm wondering, is that too much? It's not necessary to the premise; I just thought it'd make the rather dense history more accessible to fantasy fans and generally make the game more fun to play. But if it ends up making the game less accessible, the magic will completely backfire, so... help what do

...Also, would anyone bother playing that? ^^;; Would it be better if I changed the names and premise a bit so the historical names and circumstances didn't scare people away, or would anyone be interested in playing as-is? In other words, I guess, interest check?

Many thanks to those who would take the time to read this and respond.

With all due respect,

~Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac

I am a giant nerd and not even the cool kind of nerd

Well, I guess I'll just point out the differences between my RP and the original novel:

1. The RP is set in modern times.
  2. The setting is in the US instead of the UK.
  3. Jekyll and Hyde are in fact WOMEN instead of men.
  4. Multiple people will end up like Jekyll does accidentally, leading to multiple people experiencing their evil side.
  5. The epidemic itself will lead to a region-wide investigation by the FBI.
  6. Each chapter is set by days. Sometimes we might skip to the next week if possible.

SO...yeah, you can play as either the one who accidentally separated his good and evil side and start spreading chaos in your own way, or...you can be a member of the FBI investigating the case.

Oh, the possibilities... :D

Sounds interesting, I've never partaken in an RP that didn't have some sort of supernatural aspect, so a slightly more down to Earth one might be an interesting change.

So I've been thinking about making 1 of 3 RPs, and I want your opinion on it YCM:

[spoiler='Numero Uno']

Basically another SMT RP, this one will be based on Nocturne. I would be accepting limited members in this case (not that the first one got much attention anyway), and the players would be playing as Demi-Fiends trying to establish their Reasons and shape the Vortex World. Obvious shenanigans by the name of Lewis Cypher would be running amok trying to persuade the Fiends to join him, but that's to be expected. Because Lucy ships with everybody and anybody.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Deux']

An RP based of various fairy lores from different countries. The plot would a war between the Summer (headed by Titania and Oberon), Winter (headed by Mab and and undetermined as of this moment Winter King) Courts. The players would play as members of the court, either as nobles who are waging a political war of deception, or the fairy knights.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Tria (possibly could offend some people so be careful)']

Basically in the near future the world would be run by a man known only as Messiah, and run by an entirely Hebrew/Jewish government. Other religions (especially those of the Abrahamic kind) are persecuted viciously. The man is actually the Anit-Christ in disguise using the Hebrew people for his own ends to bring about the Armies of Hell. The plot will take place soon after the Second Coming of Christ, and the armies of heaven coming down, and many of the Hebrew people being betrayed and massacred by the demons emerging from Hell. Players would play as human stuck between the conflict, an angel, or a demon. Like I said some people could possibly be offended by this so I'm hesitant to post this. [/spoiler]

Looking to resurrect my M:tG roleplay. Here's a link. I'm planning on incorporating more of the game's aspects while simultaneously making it more user-friendly, contradictory as it seems. Thoughts?

Go for it!

Will those that applied for the old RP be able to bring back their characters for the new one?

Go for it!

Will those that applied for the old RP be able to bring back their characters for the new one?

Those who were accepted will be shoe-ins, as long as there aren't drastic contradictions that would impede the plot of the new roleplay. I'm also planning on using a system that's based more off the mechanics of the card game itself. 'Walkers will have ~6 spells that are cards in the actual game, which then can be cast when they please. The cooldown for each spell I think will be equal to its converted mana cost: you can cast a 4 CMC spell immediately, but you then have to wait 4 turns to cast it again.

Those who were accepted will be shoe-ins, as long as there aren't drastic contradictions that would impede the plot of the new roleplay.

I'll update my little Phyrexized Planeswalker regardless to fit whatever standards you set.

She was a fun character concept, and I really want to see how far this goes this time.

So I guess she could use Phyrexian Mana, paying the cost using herself?

Looking to resurrect my M:tG roleplay. Here's a link. I'm planning on incorporating more of the game's aspects while simultaneously making it more user-friendly, contradictory as it seems. Thoughts?

Looks like fun. I only have a very basic understanding of M:tG though(only played a few games with some friends and my brother). Would that be too much of a problem?

Archived