so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Alright, so I just locked a roleplay I started last year, called Kingdom Hearts: The 13th Requiem. This is mainly due to activity being sporadic at best, with players dropping with no warning. With the players who managed to stay active, I was comfortable with the story, so I don't want to completely abandon it. So, I want to do a roleplay that continues the story, but also make it more accessible to attract more players that hopefully will keep it active and not simply disappear.

Alright, so the basic plot is as follows: Roughly two hundred events after Kingdom Hearts II (I intentionally kept the timeline vague, so it's possible that stuff after KH2 could have been different), a man named Kreix has started his own Organization, and seeks to find Kingdom Hearts, because that's what Kingdom Hearts villains do. Anyway, a sorcerer named Balthazar Blake, AKA "Nic Cage in that Sorcerer's Apprentice movie", gathered five apprentices to chase after Kreix's Organization. Unfortunately, one of the members of the Organization killed one of the apprentices, so Balthazar and the remaining apprentices were further motivated to take the Organization down.

I feel that my main problem was that I made things too restricting. I wanted to see if people could explore other worlds in the Kingdom Hearts universe, or give a glimpse of the future, but unfortunately, people who didn't join the Organization XIII or make an apprentice made characters, quite frankly, were lazy carbon copies that was basically the player's way of saying "See, it's LIKE I'm playing this character, but because its his descendant and/or student, that's totally enough to make him his own character!"

Anyway… what I'm saying is, my story ended up being "Sorcerer's Apprentice-based characters vs. Organization XIII wannabes", and I want there to be more to it than that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, one of the members of the Organization killed one of the apprentices

Ahem, you mean incapacitated him and is hanging within an inch of his life. <_<

I could've sworn you'd remember that.

Anyway, maybe you should've went down the approach of Balthazar dying early on or something. Oh well, what's done is done.

@Roxas I'd love to join, but I don't think I'd be able to stick with it since I'm starting my own RP (or at least attempting to), and I think it'd be to much to try and pile on at once.

Well, you have Xetatyl, so if you ever change your mind, she'll be all ready for you.

Ahem, you mean incapacitated him and is hanging within an inch of his life. <_<

I could've sworn you'd remember that.

Anyway, maybe you should've went down the approach of Balthazar dying early on or something. Oh well, what's done is done.

I wrote it so that he was killed, and had his murderer take his body to present it to Kreix as proof of his demise, because I felt like having people actually die in a Kingdom Hearts roleplay, only for you to have your character conveniently "remember" that he read up on events I had repeatedly stated I preferred to keep ambiguous, and I basically said "Sure, why not?" because I didn't want to be a massive jerk and tell you to delete your whole post, even though it completely went against my intentions. How would you like it if, in the GCRP, you killed off one of your characters, but then I went and revealed that said character wasn't really dead without contacting you and making sure that you would be okay with what I was going to do?

If I were to kill off Balthazar, it would have been because so many people kept dropping that I needed to take control of their characters, but I didn't want go overboard with that. At the very least, killing off James and Xelo made it so that both sides suffered a loss.

Alright, so I just locked a roleplay I started last year, called Kingdom Hearts: The 13th Requiem. This is mainly due to activity being sporadic at best, with players dropping with no warning. With the players who managed to stay active, I was comfortable with the story, so I don't want to completely abandon it. So, I want to do a roleplay that continues the story, but also make it more accessible to attract more players that hopefully will keep it active and not simply disappear.

Alright, so the basic plot is as follows: Roughly two hundred events after Kingdom Hearts II (I intentionally kept the timeline vague, so it's possible that stuff after KH2 could have been different), a man named Kreix has started his own Organization, and seeks to find Kingdom Hearts, because that's what Kingdom Hearts villains do. Anyway, a sorcerer named Balthazar Blake, AKA "Nic Cage in that Sorcerer's Apprentice movie", gathered five apprentices to chase after Kreix's Organization. Unfortunately, one of the members of the Organization killed one of the apprentices, so Balthazar and the remaining apprentices were further motivated to take the Organization down.

I feel that my main problem was that I made things too restricting. I wanted to see if people could explore other worlds in the Kingdom Hearts universe, or give a glimpse of the future, but unfortunately, people who didn't join the Organization XIII or make an apprentice made characters, quite frankly, were lazy carbon copies that was basically the player's way of saying "See, it's LIKE I'm playing this character, but because its his descendant and/or student, that's totally enough to make him his own character!"

Anyway… what I'm saying is, my story ended up being "Sorcerer's Apprentice-based characters vs. Organization XIII wannabes", and I want there to be more to it than that.

Either way, Trevor shall stick with your RP! So worries there, Roxas!

[quote name="Phantom Roxas" post="6328947" timestamp="1388443097"]I wrote it so that he [i]was[/i] killed, and had his murderer take his body to present it to Kreix as proof of his demise, because I felt like having people actually die in a Kingdom Hearts roleplay, only for you to have your character [i]conveniently[/i] "remember" that he read up on events I had repeatedly stated I preferred to keep ambiguous, and I basically said "Sure, why not?" because I didn't want to be a massive jerk and tell you to delete your whole post, even though it completely went against my intentions. How would you like it if, in the GCRP, you killed off one of your characters, but then I went and revealed that said character wasn't really dead without contacting you and making sure that you would be okay with what I was going to do?If I were to kill off Balthazar, it would have been because so many people kept dropping that I needed to take control of their characters, but I didn't want go overboard with that. At the very least, killing off James and Xelo made it so that both sides suffered a loss.[/quote] Okay, okay! I see your point. But I had to come up with something. It was the best I could do to come up with a twist. Maybe we can work something out to make it work.

• 1 month later...

Well, you have Xetatyl, so if you ever change your mind, she'll be all ready for you.

I wrote it so that he was killed, and had his murderer take his body to present it to Kreix as proof of his demise, because I felt like having people actually die in a Kingdom Hearts roleplay, only for you to have your character conveniently "remember" that he read up on events I had repeatedly stated I preferred to keep ambiguous, and I basically said "Sure, why not?" because I didn't want to be a massive jerk and tell you to delete your whole post, even though it completely went against my intentions. How would you like it if, in the GCRP, you killed off one of your characters, but then I went and revealed that said character wasn't really dead without contacting you and making sure that you would be okay with what I was going to do?

If I were to kill off Balthazar, it would have been because so many people kept dropping that I needed to take control of their characters, but I didn't want go overboard with that. At the very least, killing off James and Xelo made it so that both sides suffered a loss.

So a timeskip gives us a plot and a new name, basically? Good thing too, I didn't want to scrap Omcraxs.

May I also suggest Underland?

Anyway, my Attack on Titan RP is very much my own take on what Season 2 would be like, if we get it that is. It's almost up, so anyone can check it out and make their own choice on joining it.

you realize the manga shows us what happens after that right

plot?

The year is 2030.
17 years ago, as the Mayans predicted it, the Third World ended, and the Fourth World began, not with a whimper, but with a bang.
In a flash, on December 21st, 2012, Antarctica was consumed by a massive distortion in spacetime, vaporizing the continent, changing the rotational axis of the Earth, and sending tsunamis to impact the world's coasts.
By New Years, the death toll was in the hundreds of millions. By the time the Vatican treaty ended the Impact War in early 2014, half of humanity was dead, only to find their planet under siege.
The rift in Antarctica has spawned massive monsters that are fixated on the eradication of what's left of mankind.
Thanks to NERV, a semi-clandestine organization with UN oversight, massive engines of war called "Evangelions" have been mobilized against the invading "Angels", as the monsters have been dubbed. The first Angel attack was a decade ago, and humanity barely fended the beast off. The second was 3 years ago, and the first Evangelion gave it a resounding defeat.
Now, the war between Man and Angel rages, and it's up to the brave men, women, and Children to protect mankind from the Angels...though other forces are hard at work with their own agendas...
Join me in Senshi no Sekai - Evangelion!

Decided I'd make my own RP 'cause I haven't done one in a long time. It's gonna be a Digimon RP, which I've decided to call Digimon Converge!, and the plot will be as follows.

[hr]

Both the Digital World and the Real World have remained in peace for a long time, but an evil presence threatens to destroy Time itself, substantially damaging the entire multiverse. This presence, a Digimon by the name of ZeedMillenniummon, was supposed to be chained down by belts of data that were formed around him for the purpose of suppressing his power. But apparently that wasn't enough. Now, ZeedMillenniummon resides in the very core of the Digital World, plotting how exactly to go about his ultimatum to destroy Time. Meanwhile, the Four Great Dragons, Azulongmon, Goldramon, Magnadramon and Megidramon, have been trying to find ZeedMillenniummon before he could become too strong to combat, but so far have failed. However, unbeknownst to the others, Magnadramon had summoned some "outside help" to aid in the location of ZeedMillenniummon, and is somewhat banking on this "outside help" as at the very least an extra set of eyes...

You are one of these... "outsiders", and your Partner Digimon has just found you lying on the desert floor of the Digital World. The Digimon manages to help you on your feet, but you remain dazed and confused, with what having been pulled away from your home world, and planted into a different section of the multiverse altogether. And what's more, you've all but forgotten the memories of your home world; save for a solitary memory, that may or may not still plague you to do this day.

Now though, you have the mission to find the Four Great Dragons, and find out what in all that's unholy is going on.

[hr]

So basically it's like that Yugioh Converge that Y-tak made some time ago, but instead of playing a children's card game, you have a data-made pet that does stuff. I've still got to tailor-make Homura for this RP and I'm waiting on a logo to be constructed as well, but apart from those two things, it's good to go.

Anyone interested so far?

Archived